X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Myself and eamo are the only ones getting paid while posting...feels good.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Ye are living the dream to be fair!
            Preaching to the choir dude.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
              I don't believe I will cool my jets. In fact Im gonna call out HJ for some bare knuckle action.
              Definitely interested in investing to make this happen. In for business plan.
              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Must stop thinking about food.
                Is there no garage open within walking distance? And you above in the Capitol city.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Comment

This kid reminds me of someone:

Comment

How would you go about finding that out? Just don't know where to start looking
                        The fact what I am about to tell you started as a joke in my mind is a true reflection of where we are as beings at this moment in time.

Google street view.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

How would you go about finding that out? Just don't know where to start looking
                          Where bouts are ya?
                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Spencer Dock
                              At this stage I'd imagine there'll be a shop or two opening at 6...? Haven't a clue otherwise, you're close to town though plenty of options there.

Go to breakfast club in dark horse.

Actually that's only on Saturdays
                              airport, lol

Comment

Bloody Coppers, in bits staggering home here in full daylight
                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

Any shops open?
                                    There are 2 24 hour shops on dame street centra and spar just by the traffic lights
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

There's a 24hr garage on Amiens St. Not a million miles away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                        Nah there is an Irish pub here my friend works for and she can get me a job for 20 an hour so if i get the 2k from the bet i will just move and try at least, need a visa though i think which i have no idea about.. Well done night crew though, more posts in the last 2 days than in a while from what i see
                                        Replied to your re Berlin but you never replied, flying to Ireland today, so limited time to sort it out. Holla.

Comment

Full night of posting, although the quality of posts could be argued, a great effort by all.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            Can't do it. TD will use it and not credit me.

We'll break your legs.

Told you vodka is shit.
                                            You still crying about some made up nonsense, carry on.
                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Going to here tomorrow btw

Review here
                                              That place looks great, might head there myself today.

Didn't read the review, I opened the link but when I spotted it was written by that insufferable tosser Harbison I closed the page.

Maybe you give us a review.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                Aren't you about to open a shop or something?

Rob, seriously, you wanna cool your fucking jets!
                                                Keep up will you.

There's a huge difference between wearing the badge and having your name above the door. Some people are just born to have their name above the door. Others just take the badge. Or the piss. Depending on how you look at it.

Comment

Q for the vaping experts.

My local Spar sells the Vivid starter kit.

It's only €24, reviews seem good but I was expecting to pay at least double that for a half decent one.

Is it any use?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                    That place looks great, might head there myself today.

Didn't read the review, I opened the link but when I spotted it was written by that insufferable tosser Harbison I closed the page.

Maybe you give us a review.
                                                    Was just going to say....

Don't think I've heard of that website before but is it generally considered reputable?! Swearing in his reviews to come across as 'cool' is pretty pathetic.

That plaice does look reely nice though!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Was just going to say....

Don't think I've heard of that website before but is it generally considered reputable?! Swearing in his reviews to come across as 'cool' is pretty pathetic.

That plaice does look reely nice though!
                                                      He's a tosser of the highest order, I pegged him as such when I first read one of his posts months ago but he's since gained notoriety and brought more people into the fold with a couple of recent blog posts.

Comment

the casting f the dota tournament just got fucking metal

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

mulligans is the fucking best also
                                                        Can you make any veggie dish vegan? No I'm afraid we can't....we'll make you new dishes.
                                                        Also I'm still drunk wtf 8% cider and a nice bottle of italian pinot grigio bad mix man
                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-07-14, 09:59.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, he's a dick reviewer.
                                                            That would be the worst job ever.
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                ugh feel so bad. Mia spent at least 2 hours building some yoke on minecraft and in the last 30 mins , i had said to her at least 4 times to go to bed. she kept saying in a min as they do. So I had enough and got up and switched off the Playstation
                                                                She was screaming noooooooooooooo

she lost all her work. went to bed crying. feel like shit now. I went up and said i was sorry and would she forgive me and she said no
                                                                You've given me awful flashbacks of my folks doing that on me on my c64 and megadrive. That will haunt your child forever.
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Q for the vaping experts.

My local Spar sells the Vivid starter kit.

It's only €24, reviews seem good but I was expecting to pay at least double that for a half decent one.

Is it any use?
                                                                    yeah it will be grand for a starter kit. As you get more into you will buy more upmarket fancy ones like mine

Dump the liquid in that pack will probably be awful and go for a menthol one in 18mg
                                                                    Last edited by SatNav; 13-07-14, 11:21.
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Dump the liquid in that pack will probably be awful and go for a menthol one in 18mg
                                                                      I don't think I want menthol, I want it to taste as close to tobacco as possible and also be strong.

I've tried disposable e-cigs before but they don't do it for me. I had a go of a vape (not sure if correct terminology) that a mate had and found it quite realistic, had a good deep drag. None of the disposables seem to have that.

Comment

Comment

Are ye all addicted to vaping now instead of cigarettes?

Comment

I don't think I want menthol, I want it to taste as close to tobacco as possible and also be strong.
                                                                            I think most people start on a high nicotine percentage tobacco flavour to keep the realism so thats definitely the way to go.
                                                                            Without weeks you'll likely find yourself adding cherry, blueberry, cinamon, oak etc flavours to the mix til you find your perfect combination. A world of flavours out there.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                              Funny contract name is funny.

1. What's for tea?
                                                                              2. Any craic?
                                                                              Yeah, he's a dick reviewer. Apparently the place is phenomenal though. The brother has been there a few times and says it even puts Beschoffs in Howth to shame (sorry elbows, much love)
                                                                              From the pics the fish looks super fresh. Must give it a try myself
                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

By the way, LeBron's letter explaining his decision to return to Cleveland is real clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose stuff:

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It’s where I walked. It’s where I ran. It’s where I cried. It’s where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I’m their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.

Remember when I was sitting up there at the Boys & Girls Club in 2010? I was thinking, This is really tough. I could feel it. I was leaving something I had spent a long time creating. If I had to do it all over again, I’d obviously do things differently, but I’d still have left. Miami, for me, has been almost like college for other kids. These past four years helped raise me into who I am. I became a better player and a better man. I learned from a franchise that had been where I wanted to go. I will always think of Miami as my second home. Without the experiences I had there, I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing today.

I went to Miami because of D-Wade and CB. We made sacrifices to keep UD. I loved becoming a big bro to Rio. I believed we could do something magical if we came together. And that’s exactly what we did! The hardest thing to leave is what I built with those guys. I’ve talked to some of them and will talk to others. Nothing will ever change what we accomplished. We are brothers for life. I also want to thank Micky Arison and Pat Riley for giving me an amazing four years.

I’m doing this essay because I want an opportunity to explain myself uninterrupted. I don’t want anyone thinking: He and Erik Spoelstra didn’t get along. … He and Riles didn’t get along. … The Heat couldn’t put the right team together. That’s absolutely not true.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

When I left Cleveland, I was on a mission. I was seeking championships, and we won two. But Miami already knew that feeling. Our city hasn’t had that feeling in a long, long, long time. My goal is still to win as many titles as possible, no question. But what’s most important for me is bringing one trophy back to Northeast Ohio.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

To make the move I needed the support of my wife and my mom, who can be very tough. The letter from Dan Gilbert, the booing of the Cleveland fans, the jerseys being burned -- seeing all that was hard for them. My emotions were more mixed. It was easy to say, “OK, I don’t want to deal with these people ever again.” But then you think about the other side. What if I were a kid who looked up to an athlete, and that athlete made me want to do better in my own life, and then he left? How would I react? I’ve met with Dan, face-to-face, man-to-man. We’ve talked it out. Everybody makes mistakes. I’ve made mistakes as well. Who am I to hold a grudge?

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

Gonna be in the States for a little bit in a few weeks and need a new laptop.

I gather electronics are a hell of a lot cheaper over there. I'll be using the laptop for the usual internet, music, downloading box sets illegally and office stuff but I'll also likely need it for photoshop, video editing and other design stuff in the future.

Anyone have any advice on the subject? I am being told to just get a Mac as the price difference there is worth it compared to here but I am unconvinced.

Any help appreciated.
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Worlds tallest waterslide. Not.in.a.million.years.

Not the same but a HELL of a lot more dangerous.

Some people here will recognise this slide...
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I've tried disposable e-cigs before but they don't do it for me. I had a go of a vape (not sure if correct terminology) that a mate had and found it quite realistic, had a good deep drag. None of the disposables seem to have that.
                                                                                        yeah the disposable ones are shite.There are zilions of different types out there. Nicky P knows the best tobacco ones think, I think though this is meant to be one of the best out there.http://www.houseofliquid.ie/product-...evara-60ml.htm

The vaping shop in Temple Bar is excellent if you want someone to chat you through the options. You can also test all the liquids. I'd say you'd be better spending €50 on a proper one.
                                                                                        Think Hitch is correct here, pop into a vape shop and they will guide you plus you have the benefit of sampling the device plus liquids

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                        Are ye all addicted to vaping now instead of cigarettes?
                                                                                        yes
                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        I think most people start on a high nicotine percentage tobacco flavour to keep the realism so thats definitely the way to go.
                                                                                        Without weeks you'll likely find yourself adding cherry, blueberry, cinamon, oak etc flavours to the mix til you find your perfect combination. A world of flavours out there.
                                                                                        I love menthol and there are so many different types. I was told about this site recently http://www.yaeliq.com/drinks.html and ordered aniseed and red hot cinnamon for a change. both bottles 100 mls and total cost was only 46 dollars which is excellent.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                          Gonna be in the States for a little bit in a few weeks and need a new laptop.

I gather electronics are a hell of a lot cheaper over there. I'll be using the laptop for the usual internet, music, downloading box sets illegally and office stuff but I'll also likely need it for photoshop, video editing and other design stuff in the future.

Anyone have any advice on the subject? I am being told to just get a Mac as the price difference there is worth it compared to here but I am unconvinced.

Any help appreciated.
                                                                                          God I would love a Mac surely if there is a massive price difference its a no brainer?
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

How do you upload pics from your phone to here
                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                              I don't believe I will cool my jets. In fact Im gonna call out HJ for some bare knuckle action.
                                                                                              IM gonna entertain 300 notes out of him
                                                                                              Please God tell me your barney with HJ wasn't over €300.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                Would actually like to know this too!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                  I'd tell you, but we'd have to put up with satnavs pics.
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                      I don't usually make announcements, but I figured this warranted some sort of mention here given we both know so many people on this forum.

I'm delighted to say Cat & I are expecting a baby in November.

All things being well, this should be the best Christmas ever.
                                                                                                      Them nappies are damn expensive Rob, hope you got some yesterday :-)).

Congrats to you and Cat. If you sleep from now to November you should have enough stored up for the following 12 months!

Comment

John Waters now writing for the Sindo every week. The final push needed to not go to that website anymore. Horrible piece from him today about @PantiBliss. Obv I won't link it.

I see he was in Ukraine during the week.

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                          I'd tell you, but we'd have to put up with satnavs pics.
                                                                                                          Pm me. Satnav never has to know.

Comment

John Waters now writing for the Sindo every week. The final push needed to not go to that website anymore. Horrible piece from him today about @PantiBliss. Obv I won't link it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                              Not the same but a HELL of a lot more dangerous.

Some people here will recognise this slide...
                                                                                                              That wasn't even the most dangerous slide there though I thought?

I recall an slide higher up the river nicknamed the slide of death. A guy died around 3 days before I arrived when he went head first down it and broke his neck when he hit the riverbed.
                                                                                                              Loads of stories surrounding it as well.

I hear the area has been tamed the last few years....Probably for the best.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

People are mad Ted, also lol at the country is going to make 50m economic argument from the people in the video.
                                                                                                                  Every now and then we go a bit mad. Not in the Brian Cowen sense - where you bet the future of the country on the word of a shower of bankers. Nor in the Enda Kenny sense - where you defer to EU leaders, giggling and twitching for their amusement, and then rush home and tell everyone how you kicked ass.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-07-14, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                    That wasn't even the most dangerous slide there though I thought?

I recall an slide higher up the river nicknamed the slide of death. A guy died around 3 days before I arrived when he went head first down it and broke his neck when he hit the riverbed.
                                                                                                                    Loads of stories surrounding it as well.

I hear the area has been tamed the last few years....Probably for the best.
                                                                                                                    The slide you mention wasn't there when I was there I don't think. Hard to recall now.

But yeah, it had been tamed for a while but its all cyclical tbh. Apparently its coming back to its heady days again now.

I remember speaking to people when I was in Nam who had been through VV before they arrived in Hanoi around Apr 2012 and they said it was quiet now all changed. One story about the military coming in one day and closing everything down, breaking noses with butts of AK47's, was pretty scary.

Apparenlty Laos Gov decided it was a stain on the country so pushed for more regulation. Aus Gov was pushing for same given the amount of deaths that were Aussies.

Crazy thinking about it, but while in the middle of it its pure joy.

I've been keeping in touch with people in Nam and they usually do their visa runs to Vientienne and make a trip to VV while doing so. Its supposed to be getting back to the days of huge soundsystems and copious drinking/drugs although the bars are now better builts and don't wash away with the rivers high season. The actual town itself is meant to be a different beast as well.

Comment

surely if there is a massive price difference its a no brainer?
                                                                                                                      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        People are mad Ted, also lol at the country is going to make 50m economic argument from the people in the video.
                                                                                                                        http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...-30427041.html
                                                                                                                        Surprised whoever is running for Mings seat hasn't been vocal on the issue. Surely an easy bandwagon to hop on to get your name out there with all the media presence.

I would imagine that if you get every ticket owner in the area to vote it would be close enough to secure the seat without ever mentioning a policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                          Why?
                                                                                                                          Mind your own business
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X