Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird line

Live €45 f/o.

15 left, 4 paid. Villain just moved to table. Never met him before and no info.

Blinds 500/1000

Hero 35k

Villain 38k

Villain raises from c/o to 3k

Hero calls button with ATo

BB calls (weak station, fit or fold post)

Flop A23r

Checked to hero, bet 5k, bb folds, villain calls

Turn 7

Chk, hero bets 8k, villain calls

River 9

Villain shoves

Hero?

IMO Its a fold on the river i just cant ever see that been a bluff or a hand that your beating that hes goin for thin value,still 19 bbs if folded on river..if its a bluff its a crazy bluff such a strange line to take ..
    If found please feed me chips

Comment

thats such a strange hand to even read never mind be in !did you find out what he had was there a call ?
      If found please feed me chips

Comment

Check turn to avoid precisely this situation

Comment

Yep, check turn so you can call a river bet. It's a fold now. Seems more like A9, 22 or 33 than AK or AQ.

Comment

I check back this flop a huge amount. Gonna be hard to get 3 streets.

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
              I check back this flop a huge amount. Gonna be hard to get 3 streets.
              This. Easier to get him to call a bet on the turn with a pocket pair if you check back flop too.

As played, I'm folding. Not beating much.

Comment

Yeah, after I'm thinking I should check it back on either of the 1st two streets.

I tank folded as I couldn't see what he calls two streets with and bluffs the river. In play, I thought he had a stubborn pair and it looked to me that he might have binked a set on the river.

He proudly showed 44 when I folded

Comment

Oh lord, will you txt me name of player please. Handy info to have on locals

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                    Yeah, after I'm thinking I should check it back on either of the 1st two streets.

I tank folded as I couldn't see what he calls two streets with and bluffs the river. In play, I thought he had a stubborn pair and it looked to me that he might have binked a set on the river.

He proudly showed 44 when I folded

As the hand played out, I like his river bet. Quite hard for you to call and expect to win, unless you really are nutted as repping. He is punting tbf but I like it. Not overly convinced re his flop call, like he cant really expect you to bet flop and turn here, which is going to make it hard for him to win. No idea how you bet both streets, agree with everyone saying bet one, personally I much rather checking the turn.

Comment

Think if you look at it from his point of view, it is an interesting play.

He check/called two streets where he can improve with a 5 for a straight or a 4 for a set, but he could also be doing that with a weak Ace or a mid pair that hasn't hit. Maybe he was thinking pot control.

When he hasn't improved, the one thing he can't do is check on the river, it's too easy for him to put you on a middle ace or one pair type hand, and he has the advantage of taking a slightly weired line to someone who will think about it. He can shove roughly a pot sized bet that forces you to fold most hands that beat him.

Comment

Yeah although I would never take his line, I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          Yeah although I would never take his line, I like it.
                          FWIW I don't think its that bad on flop and turn if he has any reason to think OP is a good player or can fold, is thinking pot control and wants to leave himself options where he doesn't improve.

This 'overbet' type thing I'm noticing more live now, I think it came in from online players but has spread to some who seem to know what they're doing and some 'gambly'/loose type guys who seem to do it for fun - but if you're like OP with a one pair type hand on the river it's quite a hard move to counter.

Comment

Working...
                          X