Tricky spot with KK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky spot with KK

This was a UKIPT hyper turbo deep sat. I have no reads what so ever on villain.
    Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

MP3 (t19,830)
    Hero (CO) (t19,545)
    Button (t19,800)
    SB (t22,530)
    BB (t20,550)
    UTG (t19,825)
    UTG+1 (t17,090)
    MP1 (t20,630)
    MP2 (t18,130)

Hero's M: 43.43

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K
    1 fold, UTG+1 raises t600, 3 folds, Hero raises t1,500, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls t900

Flop: (t3,450) 3, 2, 6 (2 players)
    UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t1,800, UTG+1 calls t1,800

Turn: (t7,050) 5 (2 players)
    UTG+1 checks, Hero bets t3,600, UTG+1 raises t13,760,

What's tricky about it? Just fold.

Also, don't bet the turn if you don't know what to do when raised.

Comment

I used to check back the turn a lot but i just bet most of the time now.
      They pretty much always have it when check raising the turn, i just curse a few times and fold.
      twitter
      moneybookers

Comment

I don't play hypers too often but felt I needed more time to make a decision on it, some might think it's very basic but I didn't , anybody else like to lead the turn and fold like Chris said?

Comment

check turn and call a small river bet . fold to allin river bet plenty of time togetback into the game .
          sick spot but your not beating much here online they usually have it in these hyper tournies

Comment

more pre, would b/f turn vs a random but vs a reg def check-back turn/decide river.. We're capped and villain isn't so he will know he can c/jam turn here with range and show a tidy profit vs anyone who wont just blindly call it off.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

This would be my standard 3bet sizing nearly always unless of course I know villain is calling any size bet, why do say bet more pre? are you making it more pre with all your big hands or every hand? I have always found this bet sizing to work for me, I don't want to bet too much as I want villain to call my 3bet, I don't know if he will fold to maybe a 3x, more than likely not.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                I used to check back the turn a lot but i just bet most of the time now.
                They pretty much always have it when check raising the turn, i just curse a few times and fold.
                Can the villan have a 4 here or is it likely to be a set ?
                Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Working...
                X