Unusual Spot - JP Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Spot - JP Masters

This hand was at the 150-300 level. I'm BB and have been at table for 2 levels and I'd think my image would be seen as pretty tight. Villain is CO, Norweigan, and has been raising almost everytime its been folded to him in late position (varied between 2x and 3.5x).

Folded to Villain (40K) in the CO who makes in 600, Button (Norweigan kid, seems tight) calls as do I (20K) from the BB with KQhh.

Flop is 964 with 2 Spades.

I check, CO bets 900, Button folds, I raise to 3000 - CO flats.

Turn is Qc putting a second flush draw on board.

I lead for 2400, he jams.

We?

Originally posted by Arazi View Post

I lead for 2400, he jams.

We?
    We definitely puke, puke call I think.

Comment

Based on my play with Norwegians over the last week I would call here and expect to see a club flush draw.

You can't really fold given your tiny turn bet.

Comment

Call, obviously didn't think villain had it on flop so what changes on the turn when we get there?

Why only 2400 on turn, should be closer to 5400 imo. But like was said above, it's a puke call.

Comment

Really dislike the large c/r with complete air against an active villain who I presume is fairly laggy too and going to put you in tough turn/river spots for your stack. What were you planning to do if you don't bink the turn? I'm thinking you more or less have to shut down all non K/Q turns unless your happy barrelling off turn/river repping sets.

As played, given the large flop c/r and the >1/3 pot turn bet, I call it off. Think the sizing of the turn bet looks ,to him, like an attempt to get to showdown with 9x type hands or see a cheap river with a f/d which he's now putting under a lot of pressure. The 2,400 at least induces hands to shove light on you so I'm calling it off.
          Last edited by LTL; 14-04-14, 21:35.

Comment

Got to be a call I presume. He must have a load of random weak draws and pair + draws as played.

Don't like flop C/R. The problem is if he calls there's so few turns we can barrel on and have any equity. If there was a heart on the flop it would be better/good. This all presuming he just cbets every board regardless. The sizing on the C/R is a small bit big IMO, something around 2500 would be a bit more believable. Would also set up nice sizing for turn bets to jam rivers.

If you aren't snapping this shove don't bet that sizing on the turn. It really looks like you are trying to avoid having to play for stacks on the river. As the Scandi's don't like to fold got to bet closer to 6k still call a shove despite not liking it.

The make some sort of a plan for different rivers. If it rolls off a red 2 are you happy jamming for value?etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
            X