$50 ds ipoker b v b hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$50 ds ipoker b v b hand

So this hand just happened in the $50 double stack tourney on i-poker, thought it was pretty interesting in a few spots.

Can't find the hand so I'll do my best to make it legible.

Stacks: SB: 27k
    Me (BB): 18k

It's 125-250-25 and the action is folded to the SB who completes.

I raise to 575 with Jd-6d and the SB calls.

Flop: 8d-2s-10d (1300)

He checks to me and I bet 1150, which he calls.

Turn: 5s (3500)

We go check check.

River: 5d

He leads into me for 1850. Action?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few thoughts on the hand. My read on him from playing with him for the last while was that he wasn't completely retarded, seemed ok. When he completes raise it up hoping to take it down there but if not I don't mind playing a hand in position deep v this guy.

I flop a fd and it's checked to me, compulsory bet obv. In hindsight I could have bet a lot smaller and my standard would usually be more like 800 but anyway.

Think I made a mistake on the turn by not barelling; my thinking at the time was that he has a lot of drawy hands which I'm ahead of as it is, but looking back it's a pretty easy bet ( I think).

The hand gets interesting on the river though I think, do you raise? To how much? Raise folding/raise calling? At this stage I was like at least 2x average.
    I'll say what I did after hearing a few responses, cheers.
    Last edited by max_power; 14-05-10, 12:22.

Originally posted by max_power View Post

I flop a fd and it's checked to me, compulsory bet obv. In hindsight I could have bet a lot smaller and my standard would usually be more like 800 but anyway.
    This, but you already know that.

The hand gets interesting on the river though I think, do you raise? To how much? Raise folding/raise calling? At this stage I was like at least 2x average.
    I'll say what I did after hearing a few responses, cheers.
    It really looks like a steal, and you almost certainly have the best hand but what does he call with that you beat.

4th flush on a paired board, unless he has reason to think you are bluffing, I flat a lot of the time, but this deep. I think i raise to 3500

Comment

PF is a little small I think, when sb completes on my BB I would usually 3x it. Flop bet should be smaller obv. I think I prefer checking back on the turn cos i'd hate to have to fold to a c/r, plus I dont think he folds enough of his one pair hands he peeled with. On the river I would raise/fold small to like 2800 or something, he has plenty of worse flushes and Tx type hands in his range imo.

Comment

Originally posted by boba_fett3099 View Post
        PF is a little small I think, when sb completes on my BB I would usually 3x it. Flop bet should be smaller obv. I think I prefer checking back on the turn cos i'd hate to have to fold to a c/r, plus I dont think he folds enough of his one pair hands he peeled with. On the river I would raise/fold small to like 2800 or something, he has plenty of worse flushes and Tx type hands in his range imo.
        This is exactly everything I was gonna say.
        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I edited the OP there, got his bet size wrong on the river, he bet 1850. I raised to 5500 and he shoves. Action and ranges for him?

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
            I edited the OP there, got his bet size wrong on the river, he bet 1850. I raised to 5500 and he shoves. Action and ranges for him?
            Like I said I prefer raising smaller on the river maybe 4200 or something. As played I think its a kinda weird spot since he can almost never have a FH imo but ultimately I think its a pretty easy fold, he's bluffing here practically never and he never shoves worse for value.

Comment

I'd just call. Giving him the chance to shove worse by accident is a really bad idea.
              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
              X