Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
    i wouldnt say it happens too often, thats during wsop when biggest games are running, in saying that agree with what else has been said so far about it.
    Do you still play full time chips?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
      Do you still play full time chips?
      yeah pretty much, plus doing some coaching also, enjoy it even more now that games are tougher( yeah weird to say) but its the challenge and competitiveness that i love. think my abi across 3 sites i play ( stars,party,wina) is probs somewhere between 50-60$ now

Comment

yeah pretty much, plus doing some coaching also, enjoy it even more now that games are tougher( yeah weird to say) but its the challenge and competitiveness that i love. think my abi across 3 sites i play ( stars,party,wina) is probs somewhere between 50-60$ now
        btw, I wasn't trying to degrade anyone who makes a living from poker. I have huge respect for anyone that can balance a life with playing it full time especially in today's tougher games. My point was specifically related to someone who has made huge money but continues to play like it is all they have in life.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          btw, I wasn't trying to degrade anyone who makes a living from poker. I have huge respect for anyone that can balance a life with playing it full time especially in today's tougher games. My point was specifically related to someone who has made huge money but continues to play like it is all they have in life.

Opr
          i didnt take that way so no worries, maybe for him it is all he has in life ? i highly doubt thats the case but maybe its where he feels most comfortable in that community of players/whales etc.

Comment

i didnt take that way so no worries, maybe for him it is all he has in life ? i highly doubt thats the case but maybe its where he feels most comfortable in that community of players/whales etc.
            That comes back to what I and Lazare were agreeing on that it looks like that is the case which seems pretty grim. The picture just painted something awful when I think about what the hell is he doing. Money can't be that important to him surely at this stage. I get the love at competing at a high level but that is him sleeping at the table because he will lose a seat in a very fishy game so it is purely a money thing. There are some guys on the high stakes scene that do seem to have a much better balance and make it work.

Opr

Comment

That comes back to what I and Lazare were agreeing on that it looks like that is the case which seems pretty grim. The picture just painted something awful when I think about what the hell is he doing. Money can't be that important to him surely at this stage. I get the love at competing at a high level but that is him sleeping at the table because he will lose a seat in a very fishy game so it is purely a money thing. There are some guys on the high stakes scene that do seem to have a much better balance and make it work.

Opr
              i mean yeah i agree, it def looks grim as fuck, but also everyone thinks these guys have alot more money than that they actually have, either through having sold action/not having big %'s of themselves in games etc id say he has nowhere near the amount of money people think. in saying that im sure he his pockets arent nervous.

Comment

i mean yeah i agree, it def looks grim as fuck, but also everyone thinks these guys have alot more money than that they actually have, either through having sold action/not having big %'s of themselves in games etc id say he has nowhere near the amount of money people think. in saying that im sure he his pockets arent nervous.
                Loads of guys playing those games that I wouldn't class as having 'fuck you' money but I always put Jungle in the category of having it. He always seems to be a huge winner in everything and his online numbers before moving to live across Tilt/Stars are very impressive. He was also one of the early crew coining it out in Asia before it really became a thing for pro's to play in those games with the businessmen out there. I'd be pretty confident he has at least north of €20m and I think that is extremely conservative. Who really knows though.

Opr

Comment

Loads of guys playing those games that I wouldn't class as having 'fuck you' money but I always put Jungle in the category of having it. He always seems to be a huge winner in everything and his online numbers before moving to live across Tilt/Stars are very impressive. He was also one of the early crew coining it out in Asia before it really became a thing for pro's to play in those games with the businessmen out there. I'd be pretty confident he has at least north of €20m and I think that is extremely conservative. Who really knows though.

Opr
                  yeah i guess its possible for sure he has that much money, but tough to know, i barely pay attention to poker articles or tv shows/streams of live poker/twitch streams, mainly cos i dont really care and mainly cos the content is pretty awful.

Comment

yeah i guess its possible for sure he has that much money, but tough to know, i barely pay attention to poker articles or tv shows/streams of live poker/twitch streams, mainly cos i dont really care and mainly cos the content is pretty awful.
                    The only thing I really paid attention to of late was the extremely high games that ran with the Asian businessmen during that short deck stuff. The standard of play and money getting passed around was just mind-boggling. That is a good few years on from those guys learning from the pros so I can only imagine the standard when they started playing with them. Variance though could have caught any of them, Jungle is on record saying that Dwan played and lost €20m pot.

tbh, those high stakes games, for the most part, aren't even about being an elite player, they are more just who can get into the really soft games. Case in point, John Bellande and the VIP game he runs. I have listened to a good few of the 'Poker Stories' podcast as they are more about the person's life than poker and can be quite interesting but a few of the mid-tier live guys complained that they have next to no chance of getting into most of those really soft games as they have no 'name'. So the fish don't want to play with them.

Opr

Comment

Welcome to the CAPS LOCK war
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I always found playing poker for a long while to be completely life draining and grim. I put myself through uni with it and then stopped when i got what I wanted from it. Still enjoy a home game or playing for a few hours now and again. Even that IPO I won a few tickets for last year, after 8 hours of sitting in a chair at it, mostly bored, you start to question your life choices and the health of your back.

One disastrous tweet has finally revealed Elon Musk for what he is: a fraud. Enraged that a British cave diver called his idea to rescue the Thai soccer team for what it was — “a p.r. stunt [with] …

almost expected a choice quote or two from Denny in here.
                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 23-07-18, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Welcome to the CAPS LOCK war

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            As I've just done it myself, a reminder for anyone that does hire car rental, icarhireinsurance.com is the place to purchase your excess insurance rather than being gutted by the car rental companies.
                            That looks the job! We hire a car in Malta every now and then and terrified half the time driving. Insurance with the car companies themselves is extortionate.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            Eat eckies, go subby.
                            Sub Club in Jamaica Street? used to go there every Saturday night for years. A wee eckie or a wee line of cha and good to go!

Dem were the days lol

Comment

Bought a few things in Scotland to head home on Thursday. A few items I am not sure on the hand luggage/fluids thing if anyone can help. Ryanair chat is down.

I bought a 3 pack of simple makeup wipes and another 3 pack of cleansing wipes. Can they be put in hand luggage? I can't remember about baby wipes etc as the last time I flew with one young enough to need them was when Aimee was a baby and we had checked in luggage?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                Bought a few things in Scotland to head home on Thursday. A few items I am not sure on the hand luggage/fluids thing if anyone can help. Ryanair chat is down.

I bought a 3 pack of simple makeup wipes and another 3 pack of cleansing wipes. Can they be put in hand luggage? I can't remember about baby wipes etc as the last time I flew with one young enough to need them was when Aimee was a baby and we had checked in luggage?
                                Never had a problem bringing things like wet-wipes in hand luggage.

Comment

yeah never a problem, I never even considered it a problem tbh
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Sub Club in Jamaica Street? used to go there every Saturday night for years. A wee eckie or a wee line of cha and good to go!

Dem were the days lol
                                    That's the one, still one of the best clubs in the world
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Never had a problem bringing things like wet-wipes in hand luggage.
                                      Just wasn't too sure as they are very heavy and wet lol

Comment

That's the one, still one of the best clubs in the world
                                        Had a guest pass to get in there due to someone I know dating The owner's son Tony McCrimmon. Dead handy!

They got a few good DJ's to come up for the years as well.
                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 23-07-18, 12:17.

Comment

Had a guest pass to get in there due to someone I know dating The owner's son Tony McCrimmon. Dead handy!

They got a few good DJ's to come up for the years as well.
                                          They run a good show. Sound is good, crowd are great, they have a mix of local talent and names and have the longest running club night in Europe every Saturday. Harri and Dominic doing Saturday nights in your time?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            I always found playing poker for a long while to be completely life draining and grim. I put myself through uni with it and then stopped when i got what I wanted from it. Still enjoy a home game or playing for a few hours now and again. Even that IPO I won a few tickets for last year, after 8 hours of sitting in a chair at it, mostly bored, you start to question your life choices and the health of your back.

One disastrous tweet has finally revealed Elon Musk for what he is: a fraud. Enraged that a British cave diver called his idea to rescue the Thai soccer team for what it was — “a p.r. stunt [with] …

almost expected a choice quote or two from Denny in here.
                                            Live poker is excruciatingly boring, the sunglasses hoodies headphones and dont get me started on those fucking scarfs they all wear now too, and thats before the non stop tanking of non decisions, id rather put my balls in a vice than put myself through that.

Then you have the non stop sucking off of whoever has run the purest in 30 player fields in the super high rollers things (bonomo this year, fedor previously, next year will be somebody else) it's just all up its own arse at the moment smelling its own farts.

Comment

Live poker is excruciatingly boring, the sunglasses hoodies headphones and dont get me started on those fucking scarfs they all wear now too, and thats before the non stop tanking of non decisions, id rather put my balls in a vice than put myself through that.
                                              Try Sviten Special...

That looks the job! We hire a car in Malta every now and then and terrified half the time driving. Insurance with the car companies themselves is extortionatel
                                              I'll be back in Malta at some point over the coming weeks, give me a shout if you folks fancy another table quiz night

Comment

Then you have the non stop sucking off of whoever has run the purest in 30 player fields in the super high rollers things (bonomo this year, fedor previously, next year will be somebody else) it's just all up its own arse at the moment smelling its own farts.
                                                The only redeeming feature for me was an old woman begging people to call her saying she didn't give a fuck, saying she had the few hundred in her handbag ready to go again
                                                Might try online again a bit for the craic.

Comment

Originally posted by Roryc View Post
                                                  Try Sviten Special...
                                                  Ha! someone finally figured out how to make 5 card draw interesting

Is it available to play online anywhere? Could be an enjoyable way to spew a few quid at micro stakes.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

They run a good show. Sound is good, crowd are great, they have a mix of local talent and names and have the longest running club night in Europe every Saturday. Harri and Dominic doing Saturday nights in your time?
                                                    Pretty sure that was the names. I am talking from 1990 till 1991 I went pretty regular!

Originally posted by Roryc View Post
                                                    Try Sviten Special...

I'll be back in Malta at some point over the coming weeks, give me a shout if you folks fancy another table quiz night
                                                    Ah cool! That was some quiz last time. Although the pub is gone now.
                                                    I am sure Tony will be happy to run a quiz from the house. Had one on his birthday there in June, was a great night!

Comment

Ah now I'm not sure if they go that far back haha
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Ah now I'm not sure if they go that far back haha
                                                        Pretty sure they do lol. The names are familiar and they were the resident DJs. I think lol

Actually, Orde Meikle is a name in my head? Along with Harri. Slam DJ's
                                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 23-07-18, 15:15.

Comment

Pretty sure they do lol. The names are familiar and they were the resident DJs. I think lol

Actually, Orde Meikle is a name in my head? Along with Harri. Slam DJ's
                                                          Only slagging, same lads I'd say. The current night is running just over 20 years.
                                                          There's definitely a link between Harri and Dominic and Slam Djs I'm pretty sure, rings a bell.
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

...Love him or hate him- one thing this proves is the guy knows how to increase his Twitter following!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                              Unlucky. As a matter of interest how do you prepare for these. What did you have to eat the last 24hrs etc?.
                                                              What are you having for tea now done?.
                                                              Is Bray the only one you do?.
                                                              Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              lol Liam. Funniest post I've read on here in a good stretch.

What's the technique?
                                                              ...Just seen these now, I got very drunk last night...I'm by no means too competitive, so I'm not overly concerned about previous 24 hours etc...But I have found, eat quite late the previous night, then I wake up starving...I'll have some sausages or eggs but no bread, so come 15:00 I'm hungry...But fact it's only 3 minutes makes it grand once you're not full...
                                                              ...I've entered 3 in the last year, one in bray and 3 in Florida...Record is currently 3 wins, no losses, all wins coming by way off dominance...
                                                              ...When I did bray last year I had no technique, just eat the way i always do but faster...
                                                              ...In Florida, I pick up the wing, put mouth deep into the middle, then rotate the wing whilst eating...This worked because I got to 32 wings in 5 minutes which I was chuffed with...The other one was just 20 wings 1st to finish with no clock...I ate fast, but I probably could have had a steak in between and still won, 6 or 7 other people took about 30 seconds per wing lol...
                                                              ...There is one more way I'm trying, it's grab the wishbone part (the fat side of it), put whole wing in mouth and suck/bite the meat whilst pulling it out, but I'm not too good at it yet...

...As I've said, I do it for the craic only...But I want to start doing more eating comps if possible, and maybe get on a wall of fame somewhere...I'd love to do the hot wing challenge, but my stomach is fucked enough without that...

Comment

You're a legend.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

name change to Cluckforsome

Comment

Am I the only one fascinated by the fact that there are multiple techniques to eating chicken wings?

Comment

Thoughts and prayers with 5Star at this difficult time. Big baseball tournament on in the field behind his house, European qualifiers, with music and noise blaring until well after 9pm. Can't imagine he's too happy.

Comment

I saw a quick deboning method on YouTube a few years back, surely that's your way forward and just Chuck them down
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          Thoughts and prayers with 5Star at this difficult time. Big baseball tournament on in the field behind his house, European qualifiers, with music and noise blaring until well after 9pm. Can't imagine he's too happy.
                                                                          Don't mind it too much surprisingly. On the illegally raised net and poles, the club have been sent a letter by Meath Co Council giving them 4 weeks to explain why they did not look for permission to do this. Hopefully the pole and nets that are bunched by my back wall when not in view will be removed soon, and there won't be a karmic ball through one of my windows .

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            Don't mind it too much surprisingly. On the illegally raised net and poles, the club have been sent a letter by Meath Co Council giving them 4 weeks to explain why they did not look for permission to do this. Hopefully the pole and nets that are bunched by my back wall when not in view will be removed soon, and there won't be a karmic ball through one of my windows .
                                                                            Fair play. And fair play to the council. We were training in the next field.over behind the school tonight and I was trying to have a look at the baseball set up but couldn't see it properly. Is there not a way for them to bat towards the GAA pitch which would be away from the houses? Be no need for nets up blocking views from the houses then surely. You'd have nets up against a line of trees!

Comment

Fair play. And fair play to the council. We were training in the next field.over behind the school tonight and I was trying to have a look at the baseball set up but couldn't see it properly. Is there not a way for them to bat towards the GAA pitch which would be away from the houses? Be no need for nets up blocking views from the houses then surely. You'd have nets up against a line of trees!
                                                                              Not really. Nets are more needed around the batting area.

Comment

Not really. Nets are more needed around the batting area.
                                                                                BoL anyway. Sounds like the council are taking it seriously.

Comment

Take a few pics of the nets from back garden to have if they lodge a retention application.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                    ... wing, put mouth deep ...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                      Take a few pics of the nets from back garden to have if they lodge a retention application.
                                                                                      Already done and sent to the council. Thanks for the help with it.

Comment

Such a great pic of a football man content with his food choice.
                                                                                        GuanYin infracting KevIRL for posting it on boards was special.

Comment

Why the infraction? A quick search shows its been posted plenty of times on boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                            name change to Cluckforsome
                                                                                            Until proven other wise, he has the title. Might make an interesting side event at next ipb meat up

Comment

any interest in me opening another PGC type of log ? hopefully doesnt end like last one but would be willing to do it if there is any interest in it, not that i need motivation but might be interesting to some, will answer all or any questions regarding previous stuff nothing off limits and can do some strat stuff when i have time. #letmakespokerfunagain

Comment

Why the infraction? A quick search shows its been posted plenty of times on boards.
                                                                                                If you were familiar with the work of that mod you'd know.

Comment

Until proven other wise, he has the title. Might make an interesting side event at next ipb meat up
                                                                                                  'Meat up' a deliberate pun?

Comment

'Meat up' a deliberate pun?
                                                                                                    I felt movement, in me pants...

Occupation ? Eater...
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Sparked off a great feedback thread. Don't think I actually got infracted, but she closed down the off topic thread as a result

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                        Sparked off a great feedback thread. Don't think I actually got infracted, but she closed down the off topic thread as a result
                                                                                                        Linky?
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          Good luck with the 1Hr layover, I don't have happy memories myself.

Lets hope the first leg departs on time.
                                                                                                          Not really something I'd worry about tbh. I always go for 60-90 min transfer when available. Flight time of 24 hours is the target.
                                                                                                          If the airline is late and I miss the flight, they put me on a new flight. I'd rather have to wait a few hours when it goes wrong, than wait a few hours every time.

One year after christmas, we were delayed leaving Dublin, there were a lot of people on the same route to Sydney. So the second flight in Dubai just waited for us. The benefit of flying via the UAE.

Comment

Still a mod? Seemed like an angry person.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Still a mod? Seemed like an angry person.
                                                                                                              Ah no she's long gone thankfully.

Comment

I suppose im a bit out of the loop but id be surprised if anyone gets 50% on this one...

Premier League record transfers....

This season's Premier League clubs are out making deals before the new season - can you name the biggest buy they have each made in their history?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  Not really something I'd worry about tbh. I always go for 60-90 min transfer when available. Flight time of 24 hours is the target.
                                                                                                                  If the airline is late and I miss the flight, they put me on a new flight. I'd rather have to wait a few hours when it goes wrong, than wait a few hours every time.

One year after christmas, we were delayed leaving Dublin, there were a lot of people on the same route to Sydney. So the second flight in Dubai just waited for us. The benefit of flying via the UAE.
                                                                                                                  In the middle of an unintended 13 hour layover at JFK right now. By the time I get to final destination (CLE) will have been travelling for about 33 hrs. Back home Thursday, whole thing seems v pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    I suppose im a bit out of the loop but id be surprised if anyone gets 50% on this one...

Premier League record transfers....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44857227
                                                                                                                    ...7/20 lol...

Comment

Only 2.5 weeks left until Kickoff boys and girls.

Don't do a Jose on it and have a last minute panic buy, get yourself into the IPB FPL early on and take a structured, planned approach to winning the loots.

There'll be plenty of time later on for cracking open skulls and feasting on the goo inside....
                                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Going through Dubai last Feb, we were late leaving Bangkok, they ran 7 passengers through the airport, fastracked us through security to make the Dublin flight...when we got to the gate it had already departed.

It was only around 8hrs delay and they gave us a hotel etc but we had booked the 2 seats near the rear and ended up staring into a bulkhead with 2 crying kids either side.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          ...ended up staring into a bulkhead with 2 crying kids either side.
                                                                                                                          We're heading to Australia at the start of September to spend time with my wife's sisters (one lives in Brisbane, one in Melbourne), and although we're breaking up the long journey there with a two-night stay in Hong Kong, this'll be the first time we go anywhere with the little man and are a bit apprehensive.

We have the bassinet seat booked for all long legs (13.5 hours Dublin-HK, 8 hours HK-Australia) but I know from past experience that all others who are sitting nearby will inwardly (or outwardly!) groan when they see us carrying onboard our 6 month old! Obviously you just gotta deal with kids on an airplane, etc... but I do want to make sure we're not overly disruptive.

Anyone have any good tips and tricks for 1) keeping a small person occupied, sleeping or at least somewhat settled during a long flight and 2) any ideas of ways of mitigating possible problems for those sitting nearby? I read before of someone travelling with a kid handing out earplugs and sweets in a goodie bag to those nearby, which sounds interesting but perhaps over the top?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X