Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker Research Survey

Hi everyone,

I asked 5Star was it ok for me to post my survey on IPB.

For those of you who do not know me, my name is David Brady. I am currently completing my MSc in Finance which I am due to finish relatively soon.

I have gained a keen interest in the area of behavioural economics over the year and the impact that emotion and bias may have on financial decisions. This has become a prominent area of study in economics often associated with the works of Daniel Kahneman, Amos Tversky & Richard Thaler among others.

I am due to submit a dissertation in the coming weeks and I have decided to pursue a piece of research which is centered upon the responses of poker players of all skill level, experience and levels of professionalism.

In my experience a large proportion of research around gambling focuses upon pathological gambling and problem gambling. This is something I explicitly attempted to avoid in the construction of this survey. I have focused on a variety of cited literature which was poker specific and avoided the use of phrases which associated the game with problem gambling.

The survey contains an array of questions almost all of which are multiple choice. The survey will take 5-6 minutes to complete.

If you decide to take the survey, you will prompted to the first page which outlines the storage of data and other specifics around the ethics of the study.
    Please feel free to read this and if you’re uncomfortable completing it that’s fine but it has been cleared by all the parties required.
    It is completely anonymous and confidential. No specific details could make you recognisable at all. It would extremely helpful to get a wide range of responses.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone with any interest whatsoever in the game of poker would complete the survey.

Please feel free to share the link of IPB or the survey itself on social media as the more contributors the better.

I’m happy to answer any questions people may have about the survey prior or post completion. Please know that almost every question from the perspective of general demographics to poker specific questions are cited in previous literature so I am more than happy to provide links to the journals for anyone who is curious of the source or the validity of the questions.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S8N8MVZ

Brady23

Done.

Also unfortunately couldn't find your sister at the weekend. Always next year
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
      Hi everyone,

I asked 5Star was it ok for me to post my survey on IPB.

For those of you who do not know me, my name is David Brady. I am currently completing my MSc in Finance which I am due to finish relatively soon.

I have gained a keen interest in the area of behavioural economics over the year and the impact that emotion and bias may have on financial decisions. This has become a prominent area of study in economics often associated with the works of Daniel Kahneman, Amos Tversky & Richard Thaler among others.

I am due to submit a dissertation in the coming weeks and I have decided to pursue a piece of research which is centered upon the responses of poker players of all skill level, experience and levels of professionalism.

In my experience a large proportion of research around gambling focuses upon pathological gambling and problem gambling. This is something I explicitly attempted to avoid in the construction of this survey. I have focused on a variety of cited literature which was poker specific and avoided the use of phrases which associated the game with problem gambling.

The survey contains an array of questions almost all of which are multiple choice. The survey will take 5-6 minutes to complete.

If you decide to take the survey, you will prompted to the first page which outlines the storage of data and other specifics around the ethics of the study.
      Please feel free to read this and if you’re uncomfortable completing it that’s fine but it has been cleared by all the parties required.
      It is completely anonymous and confidential. No specific details could make you recognisable at all. It would extremely helpful to get a wide range of responses.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone with any interest whatsoever in the game of poker would complete the survey.

Please feel free to share the link of IPB or the survey itself on social media as the more contributors the better.

I’m happy to answer any questions people may have about the survey prior or post completion. Please know that almost every question from the perspective of general demographics to poker specific questions are cited in previous literature so I am more than happy to provide links to the journals for anyone who is curious of the source or the validity of the questions.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S8N8MVZ

Brady23
      Done

Best of luck

Comment

Done. GL

Comment

Done, GL.

Comment

Quick bump in case anyone else is interested in taking this. It'll cost you 5 mins and seems to be getting decent feedback.

Happy for you to share it with anyone else you'd like.

Thanks

Comment

done

Comment

Final bump before I take it down tonight. Great response thus far really appreciate it.

Comment

Actually, poker is a pretty and engaging game. If the link is something that links the player or helps people learn more about poker.
                  I am very willing to share and recommend to many people. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X