how many times to barrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many times to barrell

for example i am dealt A K in the small blind folded around to the button who flat calls,i raise 4 times the big blind who folds,the button flat calls.
    flop Q 6 2 rainbow,i bet pot ,button flat calls,turn comes X,is there any value in betting again?and if yes if on the river i still dont hit what then?

If he's fishy and has a low fold to cbet% he'll fold all his A and K high stuff that he floats the flop with a lot.

Firing another barrel against any sort of decent player would be a mistake, his flop calling range should be hands like 67 and QT, QJ which he should call with again on a complete blank. Keep in mind that this is because this flop is so dry that he can have no draws and on a blank, you rep very little, especially if you have a high cbet%.

On a wetter flop such as QJ9 with a flushdraw, barreling a coordinated turn card could be good against certain opponents that will raise draws alot and will only have stuff like bare jacks and queens in their flopcalling range but always keep in mind that you're turning it into a bluff, not betting because you think you're ahead and that you have no showdown value.

Open to correction on any of this btw, I'm not a fantastic player by any means.

Comment

Its an extremely broad question to ask so your unlikely to get a useful answer, simply because the variables are huge, for example if im considering double barreling id take into consideration:

1) My Image
      2) Board Texture
      3) Stack Sizes
      4) Position
      5) Previous History
      6) Stats like WTSD, W$SD, Called Cbet, called Double Barrel etc
      7) Villains likely range giving all the above

So there are tons of combinations where and one of those 7 changes and our decision changes. Theres tons of reading out there on double barreling if you google it but a good rule is to think why your doing what your doing as its extremely important to know why your double barreling although it may sound obvious.

So after considering all of the above you should have a range of what the villain likely holds eg s/c and pocket pairs a lot of the time and broadway type hands a small percentage of the time, your range maybe different thats just an example.

if you double barrel does he have enough BP,MP type hands in hes range that we can fold or are we only folding hands we beat if we bet, is the villain good enough to fold those or is he the type to call down light, dont just double barrel because youve AK and overcards, identify if you can win the pot enough vs hes range and what is the best line vs that range, if hes range is dominated by better hands that will call then a double barrel is a bad option, maybe hell call double barrels too much and folds the river a lot, with the combination of the fact that you have 6 outs to improve and that he folds a lot maybe your double barreling with the intention of making a third barrel which you feel is profitable vs hes range.

Maybe theres draws on the flop and a lot of them are in hes range, we may then be betting for very thin value and protection but also have outs to improve. As i said this is only scratching the surface as there is really detailed posts on the net about this and its something youll really only get the hand of with experience but the key is understanding why your Double barreling and the fact that one board texture against a player with range x might be a good spot to DB but the same situation vs another player might be throwing away money.

Comment

Working...
      X