Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 180 man staked adventure (round 2)

So here we are again,

My last staked 100 games of 180 man $2.50 ended just over a month ago & had a busy month ahead of me so my Backer & Coach Laois Hammer thankfully gave me the time off I needed & well here I am a month later ready to start another set of 100 $2.50 turbo 180 man tournament om PokerStars

For those who missed the first set of 100 tournaments thread was here http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=9827

I have to say that I was just amazed that it was possible to win so much @ the $2.50 level & I obviously ran like god
    It ended with a total cash of $945.57 (- the $250 stake from laois hammer) = $695.57 profit or ROI of 274% for you geeks out there

While I know a 274 ROI is seriously unsustainable I really hope to get close to it again so here is my ending graff of the last 100 staked set for motivation

nice graph dude
    hopefully you will be able to stick two of them at the end of this thread

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

wow.. this is impressive..

Are you going to move up a level in the buy-ins?

I'm in for the ride, keep us updated and goodluck

Fergal

Comment

Good luck dude - hopefully the food poisoning doesn't affect your play!

Comment

Originally posted by fruges View Post
          wow.. this is impressive..

Are you going to move up a level in the buy-ins?

I'm in for the ride, keep us updated and goodluck

Fergal
          Cheers, no I'm actually more comfortable repeating this level for the next 2-5 sets of 100 & only move up if I can consistantly turn a profit
          I'm no fool & I just feel I very well could have just fluked the first set of 100 games & ran so well so we'll see after 500 games how I fair out over all & see how things go

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          Good luck dude - hopefully the food poisoning doesn't affect your play!
          I'm feeling much better now its come out a few times but have only played 6 games so far today so I'm just going to review some more of Laois Hammers coaching emails as I'm feeling rusty

Comment

If you get a chance it'd be great to hear some of the things you were doing wrong at the start and the changes to your game that you and Dave worked on the first time around...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              If you get a chance it'd be great to hear some of the things you were doing wrong at the start and the changes to your game that you and Dave worked on the first time around...
              I tapped onto this with the last thread
              I just wouldn't feel right stealing Laois Hammers thunder by just relaying his coaching his taken his time & much appreciated effort his given me

dont know if dave is offering comercial coaching yet but I would definitly recomend him as his directions were very simple & easy to understand the thinking behind it

Comment

Cool beans, totally understand.

Comment

Playing like shit & feeling like shit, taking a day or two off as cant get in the rite frame of mind at all

1x 3rd
                  1x 6th
                  1x 8th
                  1x Min cash
                  1x bubble

My game has definitly taken a few steps back as to where it left off with the last stake & doing more reviewing of the coaching I got to get me going in the first place & hopefully can turn it around to at least break even

Comment

Perfectionist take bad swings personally. Dont its just 5/6 games. get back in the game and turn it around. Many a player being knocked. Good 1s and ur graph seems to suggest you are get back up and fight on.

Try and not take it so personally, end of the day its just cards and a lot of people at that level have no idea as to what they are doing and it can be so frustrating to play.
                    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                      Perfectionist take bad swings personally. Dont its just 5/6 games. get back in the game and turn it around. Many a player being knocked. Good 1s and ur graph seems to suggest you are get back up and fight on.

Try and not take it so personally, end of the day its just cards and a lot of people at that level have no idea as to what they are doing and it can be so frustrating to play.
                      Yeah but I feel myself getting to frustrated with the way I'm playing & I'm just not playing my best, a rest to recharge will do me good

I think I'm playing to long a sessions like last time I did that I was tilting & playing like a tit but by playing small micro sessions I was able to concentrate more on what I was doing & not playing to loose etc

Anyway going to go play live somewhere tonight, probably bray for lol's

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                        Yeah but I feel myself getting to frustrated with the way I'm playing & I'm just not playing my best, a rest to recharge will do me good

I think I'm playing to long a sessions like last time I did that I was tilting & playing like a tit but by playing small micro sessions I was able to concentrate more on what I was doing & not playing to loose etc

Anyway going to go play live somewhere tonight, probably bray for lol's
                        Great thing about sngs the better you get at then the more tables you can run at once and you are nearly untiltable cause your mind is elsewhere. Best of luck with this you have me seriously tempted to get back into them

Comment

don't worry about it. keep focused and eventually it will come together.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

variance in these turbos is redic so wouldnt worry about t just keep plugging away

Comment

The few days off felt good & I'm in a much better mood for poker rite now so going to hit the tables just now

1 time & all that lol

Comment

At least it made me laugh

Poker Stars $2.28+$0.22 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 7 players -

nummertje11 (SB): t2435 24.35 BBs
                                ciamm (BB): t3935 39.35 BBs
                                harris1970 (UTG): t3403 34.03 BBs
                                Soya11 (UTG+1): t2637 26.37 BBs
                                Hero (MP): t2030 20.30 BBs
                                halkidiki (CO): t2045 20.45 BBs
                                lokinoberebe (BTN): t1790 17.90 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is MP with K K
                                2 folds, Hero raises to t300, 1 fold, lokinoberebe raises to t1790 all in, 2 folds, Hero calls t1490

Flop: (t3730) 9 9 9 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t3730) J (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t3730) 9 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t3730
                                Hero shows K K (four of a kind, Nines)
                                lokinoberebe shows A T (four of a kind, Nines - Ace kicker)
                                lokinoberebe wins t3730

Comment

Forgot to keep posting graff's here so here is my current one (I'm still in two of those games so if I cash I'll update graff)

The first 50 games I got seriously pissed off I couldnt string anything together really & it effected my game badly,

After the few days off from the grind I cashed in 5 games in 30 which while an improvement the win is still alluding me

Comment

Well just finished my 100th games tonight & I'm pretty disapointed I didnt even ship one & almost did on my 96th game and all but finished 8th after running my JJ into KK but thats poker I guess

Total Stake: $250
                                    Total Cashes: $163.31
                                    Profit/ loss : - $86.69

My finishing graff for these 100 games

Don't know how exactly this works with tournaments but this is my All-in EV graff with tournament chips
                                    SPOILER

Comment

Hey man did you keep going on the 180 man SNG's in the end? Just wondering whats a sustainable ROI for the $8 and $15 180 man's?

Comment

Working...
                                      X