Opinions appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions appreciated

Just a situation which occurred on a cash table last night which maybe shouldn't of been allowed happen in a 3 way pot?
    3 players end up all in on the flop. Player 1 has less chips than the other 2 which leads to a side pot. All 3 players agree to run the turn n river twice. Player 1 has a straight draw, player 2 a flush draw n player 3 a straight. On the 1st run player 2 hits his flush. On the second run player 1 hits a straight equal to player 3 and player 2 blanks. No question about the side pot it's chopped 50/50. The main pot is where the problem occurred n I'd appreciated opinions on the ruling,
    Agruement 1: player 2 wins 50% of the main pot n the other 2 chop the other 50%?
    Argument 2: all 3 players get an equal share of the main pot?

Player 2 wins 50% of the main pot n the other 2 chop the other 50%

I would only allow to 'run it twice' in heads up situations.

Comment

Player two gets half the main pot and the other two split the other half.

Comment

When I worked in the river club we allowed deals and stuff like that but only in heads up pots.

As its played with the flush hitting the first run player 2 is entitled to 50% of both pots.

On the 2nd run its a chop between players 1,3.

Main pot breakdown
        Player 2 50%
        Player 1 25%
        Player 3 25%

Side pot
        Players 2,3 even chop

Comment

Well that was the rulin that was made so the right thing was done, thanks lads. Just in the future I won't let it happen in a multi pot!

Comment

Originally posted by DesiG View Post
            Player 2 wins 50% of the main pot n the other 2 chop the other 50%

I would only allow to 'run it twice' in heads up situations.
            Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
            When I worked in the river club we allowed deals and stuff like that but only in heads up pots.

As its played with the flush hitting the first run player 2 is entitled to 50% of both pots.

On the 2nd run its a chop between players 1,3.

Main pot breakdown
            Player 2 50%
            Player 1 25%
            Player 3 25%

Side pot
            Players 2,3 even chop
            Originally posted by TheCityGuy View Post
            Well that was the rulin that was made so the right thing was done, thanks lads. Just in the future I won't let it happen in a multi pot!

Ruling was correct and there is no bother running a pot twice with more than 2 people in the hand.

when the hand is finished its best if the dealer divides up the chips into the relevant stacks explains to anyone that's unsure whats going on and then when there is no confusion push the chips to the winners.
            twitter
            moneybookers

Comment

If you let them run it twice, if the pot is heads up or multi-way it should make no difference.

Its no harder than dividing up a tricky all in in a tourney, or dealing with hi/lo game.

take each pot in turn and pay each player before moving on to the next pot.

Comment

Working...
              X