Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything I should have done different playing life freezeout last night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything I should have done different playing life freezeout last night?

Blinds are 600/800.
    I have 16000 in chips
    Villain has roughly 30000 in chips

The villain has been pretty much playing every hand , limping with weak hands and only ever raising with stronger hands. He is tighter postflop, only ever sticking around if he has some part of the board.

Action is folded to The villain in the cutoff, he limps in for 800, button folds, small blind limps in and I check

I'm holding 8 2.

Flop comes: 8 2 K

I leadout for 2000. Villian calls, SB folds.
    Turn comes a 7, I check, villian bets 2000 and I go all in. Villain insta calls with 2 pair (k7) river is a brick.

I knew he had a king and figured he would have called me regardless even if he only had one pair.

I'd bet turn, all fine tho.

Comment

I would have shoved the turn given reads

Comment

Case for shoving pre given description and taking a free 2200 and adding 10% to the tank give or take risk free.
        As played it is just a case of LOL why does poker loath me so.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
          Case for shoving pre
          This. with solid reads that villains rarely calling here you can shove ATC. Like even if we misread and he somehow limp/calls 10% of the time in this spot it's still hugely +EV to shove over his limp this shallow.

As played b/c flop & turn is preferred but I like the turn c/shove if it's possible he folds weaker Kx stuff to three barrels.
          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
          X