Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Million Hand

Hows it goin guys,

This hand came up yesterday in the sunday million, a few hands in so everyone playing 250 bbs. Guy opens mid position to 80 two callers plus me, then villan makes it 360 one caller plus me to the flop.

The flop is AK5 two diamonds, villan bets 800 i raise to 2360 and villan repops it to 4020.
    How do we proceed?

Thanks

that very much depends on what your cards are
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by OasisKid View Post
      Hows it goin guys,

This hand came up yesterday in the sunday million, a few hands in so everyone playing 250 bbs. Guy opens mid position to 80 two callers plus me, then villan makes it 360 one caller plus me to the flop.

The flop is AK5 two diamonds, villan bets 800 i raise to 2360 and villan repops it to 4020.
      How do we proceed?

Thanks
      Might be a good time to look at your hand before proceeding.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Knowing your hand would be a wonderful bit of knowledge here
        They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
        Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

I'd say even Annette Obrestad folds here.

Comment

Sorry lads I dont do this much, I had 55

Comment

Sorry lads I dont this much, I had 55
              Lol shove
              They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
              Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

Sorry lads I dont do this much, I had 55
                snap shove for me
                airport, lol

Comment

Jamjam

Comment

Cheers lads was just wondering if the hand should be played more carefully, i shoved and villan had kk, think they turn up with ak most of the time there, can anyone ever get away there or is it always a shove?

Comment

jizzing in my pants at the thought of getting it in here all day everyday

just ul.

Comment

I'm assuming that he can only ever have AK, AA and KK here. We're exactly 50% vs that range so I don't agree that we should be joyous getting it in, but obviously there's no other play.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          I'm assuming that he can only ever have AK, AA and KK here. We're exactly 50% vs that range so I don't agree that we should be joyous getting it in, but obviously there's no other play.
                          considering the standard in the early stages of these tournies i think his range could be a bit wider, as far as a flushdraw
                          airport, lol

Comment

Surely he can have AQ, AJ type diamond hands also.

Comment

I prob should have withheld the outcome of the hand sorry about that.

Comment

Depends if the Ad was out I suppose. I'd assume the standard in the Million is reasonably high these days? Don't think I'd expect to many to be squeezing 4 people oop with AJ or AQ.... That said, my tourney game is somewhat stuck in the HoH days

Comment

Depends if the Ad was out I suppose. I'd assume the standard in the Million is reasonably high these days? Don't think I'd expect to many to be squeezing 4 people oop with AJ or AQ.... That said, my tourney game is somewhat stuck in the HoH days
                                  Kind of agree with your logic, but at the same time, it's a great spot for villain to try and squeeze pf with a wider range than AA/KK/AK

I don't think I can bring myself to fold this once I set mine.

I wonder is there any merit in flatting the flop and getting more value from the bottom of his range, pretty dangerous board though and as a rule, I prefer to start building a pot now.

I think you could conceivably fold this in some spots, but as it's early days and we've no reads, this is a pretty standard shove imo for the reasons given by other posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Samba View Post
                                    Kind of agree with your logic, but at the same time, it's a great spot for villain to try and squeeze pf with a wider range than AA/KK/AK

I don't think I can bring myself to fold this once I set mine.

I wonder is there any merit in flatting the flop and getting more value from the bottom of his range, pretty dangerous board though and as a rule, I prefer to start building a pot now.

I think you could conceivably fold this in some spots, but as it's early days and we've no reads, this is a pretty standard shove imo for the reasons given by other posters.
                                    Too many draws out there, we don't want a diamond peeling off and killing our action. I think we're ahead here an absolute bunch against a random in the SM. Cram the loots and tap the table. This flop imo is like the dream flop to hit a set in and I thinking doing anything other than getting it in against a random wouldn't be good.

Comment

I only speculate on the above as someone went nuts in a live game against me at the weekend on a flop with 2 diamonds by sticking in > 100 bbs

Comment

I prob should have withheld the outcome of the hand sorry about that.
                                        what was the point putting it up if your gonna give results after a couple of comments like you always get really bad players on this that never make any sence so waiting a while would be best

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                          what was the point putting it up if your gonna give results after a couple of comments like you always get really bad players on this that never make any sence so waiting a while would be best
                                          Its like the second hand history i ever put up so not very familair with how this part of the forum works, i knew that it was a fairly standard situation and was just curios as to hear other people thoughts on it, i was gna post the outcome in the original post anyway but lesson learned for the future.

Comment

Pretty standard 4b/c, vs a face up value range, also it's the milly so dont rule out the random spazz factor that might see villain 3b/f here some

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                            Surely he can have AQ, AJ type diamond hands also.
                                            actually wont change our equity very much since there's so few combos and they have decent equity anyway, we always have 50-55% here vs villains get it in range.
                                            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                              9/10 when someone is asking whether they should shove bottom set on a draw heavy flop in a 3b pot in NLH, with no reads, the results are always going to be fairly transparent, regardless of whether they were revealed.

Comment

That's not his range, but even if it was, by the time we know this we have so enough invested that 50% to win is hugely profitable. So I'm happy to get it in.
                                                Also, there are 3 combos each of AA and KK, but 9 of AK. So if that's his range we are in ahead more than we are behind. Obvious AK has more outs, but I'd imagine its slightly in our favour.

TL;DR
                                                Dead money, Get it in

Comment

I flat the flop. Is that bad?

I'd OPR the guy anyway.

Never folding but I'd agree with zuutroy re ranges. I doubt many people 3b pre and then 3b the flop with AQ/AJ, almost never imo. If there are some bluffs in villain's range here then 4betting the flop wouldn't be my play either, I'd flat the 3b and let him continue.

The standard in the Milly is not high, not high at all(too many turbo sats run for that to ever be the case). You run bad if you're at a table full of regs in the early stages imo.

Comment

I just glanced at this hand and didn't think much of it, I didn't realise it was 250bbs deep.

I actually think its pretty bad to get in here if your opponent is competent. I definitely think its a bad idea to play it fast, as that pretty much ensures you only get it in versus a range that you break even against.

The villain is more likely to slow down with Ak than AA or KK, so I don't think that's even a good range to give him.

If a villain is an idiot i'd be happy to get it in. I don't know what the average million player is like.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                      I just glanced at this hand and didn't think much of it, I didn't realise it was 250bbs deep.

I actually think its pretty bad to get in here if your opponent is competent. I definitely think its a bad idea to play it fast, as that pretty much ensures you only get it in versus a range that you break even against.

The villain is more likely to slow down with Ak than AA or KK, so I don't think that's even a good range to give him.

If a villain is an idiot i'd be happy to get it in. I don't know what the average million player is like.
                                                      Given the action i think were only really beating ak here, by not shoving are we not missing an opportunity to double up against ak, if you are not getting the chips in on the flop are you just calling him the whole way hoping he hasnt got aa or kk? or are you folding the flop? i suppose its villan dependent
                                                      Last edited by OasisKid; 05-07-12, 16:00.

Comment

Are we IP here? If so, then yeah call > r/4b/c, keeps in a lot of stuff that either folds to a raise or we only get max of 2 streets from. Still, always stacking off unless the A/K pairs. Thought we we're OOP originally, in which case c/r/get-it-in-somehow is my preferred flop line to stop villain slowing down on bad turns.

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                          Are we IP here? If so, then yeah call > r/4b/c, keeps in a lot of stuff that either folds to a raise or we only get max of 2 streets from. Still, always stacking off unless the A/K pairs. Thought we we're OOP originally, in which case c/r/get-it-in-somehow is my preferred flop line to stop villain slowing down on bad turns.
                                                          Out of position.

Comment

Position wasn't clear in the OP, but I assume we were OOP also.
                                                            Agree that calling is better when IP.

Comment

The simple answer is, if hes a reg he should never show up without AK/AA/KK and we should still get ur in but if hes a random then AJ/AQ are v likely to be played as the nuts. Without knowing then the argument can go back and fourth all day long n it will either be sigh get it in or fist pump get it in.

Your check raise might be a little big and scare off his spaz out range so i think 1985 or something like would be better, even just for the visual of being under 2k rather than over it if anything. Then his 3b will be smaller and we can flat without too many alarm bells going off to how strong it looks.

Comment

I think knowing your opponents is criticial in any early decision like this. No chance I'm getting it in against the likes of j.thaddeus, shaundeeb, pearljammer, moorman1 or any decent reg this early on. They are not getting it in with one of the three other top hands.
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Guys bottom line is dont fold sets otf in the sunday million plz /thread

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                                                    +1 million. Cooler dude. ul wp gg
                                                                    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                                                      this & not just the milly, most online tourneys.

coz you could be folding a set to this type of guy

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t3180)
                                                                      BB (t3160)
                                                                      UTG (t2970)
                                                                      UTG+1 (t2910)
                                                                      MP1 (t2910)
                                                                      MP2 (t5890)
                                                                      Hero (MP3) (t3000)
                                                                      CO (t4400)
                                                                      Button (t2940)

Hero's M: 100.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J
                                                                      4 folds, Hero bets t60, 3 folds, BB calls t40

Flop: (t130) J, 9, A (2 players)
                                                                      BB checks, Hero bets t42, BB raises to t149, Hero raises to t280, BB raises to t411, Hero calls t131

Turn: (t952) 7 (2 players)
                                                                      BB bets t714, Hero calls t714

River: (t2380) 3 (2 players)
                                                                      BB bets t1975 (All-In), Hero calls t1815 (All-In)

Total pot: t6010

Results:
                                                                      SPOILER

BB had 10, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                      Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                                                                      Outcome: Hero won t6010

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                        PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t3180)
                                                                        BB (t3160)
                                                                        UTG (t2970)
                                                                        UTG+1 (t2910)
                                                                        MP1 (t2910)
                                                                        MP2 (t5890)
                                                                        Hero (MP3) (t3000)
                                                                        CO (t4400)
                                                                        Button (t2940)

Hero's M: 100.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J
                                                                        4 folds, Hero bets t60, 3 folds, BB calls t40

Flop: (t130) J, 9, A (2 players)
                                                                        BB checks, Hero bets t42, BB raises to t149, Hero raises to t280, BB raises to t411, Hero calls t131

Turn: (t952) 7 (2 players)
                                                                        BB bets t714, Hero calls t714

River: (t2380) 3 (2 players)
                                                                        BB bets t1975 (All-In), Hero calls t1815 (All-In)

Total pot: t6010

Results:
                                                                        SPOILER

BB had 10, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                        Hero had J, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
                                                                        Outcome: Hero won t6010
                                                                        lol, so THIS is how to win back-to-back $55s! you sicko

Comment

Working...
                                                                        X