Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we are going on a skiing holiday in early Jan. Hadn't really paid it any attention until now.

What is the bare minimum of crap we can get away with buying and never using again? Kids going too, gang of about 30 in total. I went skiing once in my life before, for one day in New Zealand in 2000.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      For the United fans; is it not time to admit hiring Mourinho was a huge mistake and to start looking for a replacement who will make you watchable again?
      Absolutely but you'd do well to get one to admit it. I suppose he has steadied the ship after the moyes debacle but they are too negative in the big games for sure.

Comment

So we are going on a skiing holiday in early Jan. Hadn't really paid it any attention until now.

What is the bare minimum of crap we can get away with buying and never using again? Kids going too, gang of about 30 in total. I went skiing once in my life before, for one day in New Zealand in 2000.
        Nightmare... Going Dec 30th. Queued outside lidl for all the stuff x3 cost 300 e on stuff Ill probably never use again. Most important thing is the ski pants, ski socks, warm waterproof jacket. You also need warm hat, sunglasses / goggles, waterproof gloves, thermal tops and bottoms, I got those in penny's. Waterproof boots which you could get anywhere.
        Most expensive hol to date! Fucking dreading it. I'll prob break a leg.
        Where ye going?
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          Nightmare... Going Dec 30th. Queued outside lidl for all the stuff x3 cost 300 e on stuff Ill probably never use again. Most important thing is the ski pants, ski socks, warm waterproof jacket. You also need warm hat, sunglasses / goggles, waterproof gloves, thermal tops and bottoms, I got those in penny's. Waterproof boots which you could get anywhere.
          Most expensive hol to date! Fucking dreading it. I'll prob break a leg.
          Where ye going?

Wouldn't it be gas altogether !
          This too shall pass.

Comment

For the United fans; is it not time to admit hiring Mourinho was a huge mistake and to start looking for a replacement who will make you watchable again?
            I hate his negativity. However two trophies last year is hardly failure . He's a raving Looney.
            Nice to see people finally acknowledge Fergies style of play instead of the Old Howard Webb moans.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              Wouldn't it be gas altogether !
              Thankfully we leave after SatNav gets back.

Going to Lungau Sat.

Comment

Off to Lapland for 10 days with Finnish in-laws.
                Santa park visit, plenty saunas and skiing at Yllas for a few days was planned.

Broke hand playing soccer on Monday.
                [emoji52]

Comment

Thankfully we leave after SatNav gets back.

Going to Lungau Sat.
                  Lol http://www.chaletmur.com/

Same place? Would have be fucking some laugh alright. We could just drink all day long while all the kids fucked off
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Champions League KO stages: A few crackers in there!

Juventus v Tottenham

FC Basel v Manchester City

Porto v Liverpool

Sevilla v Manchester United

Real Madrid v PSG

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma

Chelsea v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Besiktas

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Champions League KO stages: A few crackers in there!

Juventus v Tottenham

FC Basel v Manchester City

Porto v Liverpool

Sevilla v Manchester United

Real Madrid v PSG

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma

Chelsea v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Besiktas
                      Potential for some big English clashes in the 1/4 finals. My money is they all meet each other. (To hasten Engexits).

Comment

Unless you are going to ski a lot it's probably cheaper to rent the gear. You'll get better quality stuff for less. Only really need jacket, pants, boots and skis (or a board).
                        You don't wear magic underwear or anything. Just a few layers of warm clothes.

Comment

George Monbiot laying on the Christmas cheer

They need to start putting The Samaritans phone no. under his articles

Comment

pipe bomb in port authority in new york.
                            Looks like it detonated early on the bomber so noone hurt....so far.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 11-12-17, 13:45.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

He was necessary to get the club back on a level footing, win a few trophys and most importantly get back into the CL, all of which he has done so far.

The most annoying part of everything is that we have some good players who if let loose, can play attacking football. I'm not saying we have a team of world beaters but good quality players who should be putting most of the clubs in the PL to the sword week in, week out and if they really go for it against the balance of the top 6, would have a reasonably decent chance to win but the problem is that Jose hates to lose.

The other problem we have is who do they look to bring in?

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                Lol http://www.chaletmur.com/

Same place? Would have be fucking some laugh alright. We could just drink all day long while all the kids fucked off
                                No, this place.

Seems if you put the kids in ski school you get shot of them for most of the day. Job done, back to bed.

There's lots of stuff to do that isn't skiing by the looks of it. Snow biking, snowshoe hiking etc.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      ^^^ missing drinking from that list of activities, despite it being the main activity on most skiing holidays.
                                      Clearly not required to state such a basic.

Looking forward to it now (must be all the snow here). There's a Michelin restaurant that delivers for €25 pp too. And a bakery that will drop off stuff in the am.

Comment

Don't worry about going crazy on buying ski gear, you don't need many layers skiing/snowboarding as beginners, you'll be spending 90% of the time (like myself) flipping over and getting off your ass. You'll be roasting and trying to peel the layers off. Ski pants and jacket is enough, rent the boots, boards etc as you'll likely never use them again, wear your own t-shirt, pullover if you're feeling cold and gloves are the most important!

Wear a helmet and bring beers so you can stop and drink them on the way down, you'll likely need the break and you can take the view in.
                                        And don't do what I did my first time and un clip your board, it disappears down the hill pretty fast
                                        Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 11-12-17, 15:28.

Comment

Snowboarded in Banff in -12C in a hoodie and jeans and was still too warm.

Comment

Game order! Man these board games are so good. Wife has three weeks left on her PhD and is fit to collapse but we were up to 4am Friday and 5am Saturday playing games.

Arkham Horror: a taster of scary board games.

Small World: meant to be a whole lot of fun.

Galaxy Trucker: also big on the fun games list.

7 Wonders Duel: modern classic card set making game.

Codename Duet: this could be a total waste of money.

Love Letter: I suspect this could be the gem of the lot. Your task is to sneak love letters to your lover but obstacles stand in your way!

Arkham Horror is great, so is small world, love letter. Codenames is great, both the original and your duet version. And the picture version too. Haven't played your other games.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            How do you have the time to play all those random board games, especially more than once? You seem to have loads of them now. What's the point in having so many? If there was a board game library type thing, fair enough perhaps.
                                            Most people waste their time watching things on TV, when they could be crushing others dreams in these silly games.

It's good to rotate them or you get bored, hold their resale value well too so it's easy to just get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              Arkham Horror is great, so is small world, love letter. Codenames is great, both the original and your duet version. And the picture version too. Haven't played your other games.

Most people waste their time watching things on TV, when they could be crushing others dreams in these silly games.

It's good to rotate them or you get bored, hold their resale value well too so it's easy to just get rid of them.
                                              Why Don’t you, WHYYY don’t you.

Justswitchofyourtelevisionsetandgodosomethinglessb oringinstead.

*or something like that* Ironically this was a TV show.

Comment

Travel vaccinations.

Are they required for 10 days in Thailand ? And how much should it cost ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  Snowboarded in Banff in -12C in a hoodie and jeans and was still too warm.
                                                  this. Not a bother in lake jasper in jeans and a tshirt in jan/feb
                                                  did the same in calabogie in northern ontario.
                                                  The snow was too cold to melt into you and pretty much brushed off completely
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                    Travel vaccinations.

Are they required for 10 days in Thailand ? And how much should it cost ?

Start ASAP. HEP A & B vaccines take 6 months (the fast way.. with a booster at month 12) to be effective. Even if B isnt recommened A&B come as a package in Twinrix and you might as well have both.
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-12-17, 16:17.

Comment

Yeah, our entire weekly tv show viewing consists of 42 mins of survivor and thats it. There's rather a lot of spare time Just trying to get a feel for the range of modern games available, plus to have a bulk of games to put in an eventual games room (assuming people can get mortgages post heart surgery, but presume they can)
                                                        I have only 1 small kid but even when not preoccupied with entertaining him I'm too exhausted to do anything that requires any thought.

Comment

Not sure about the huge mistake. Back into CL. Won a trophy last year. Will challenge for top 4 again this year. Seems grand compared to what we've had in the last couple of years. I don't give a shite how bad they are to watch. I'd rather get some decent results than be nice to watch and lose. Also, who else is there to get? No manager free i can think of that's up to the job

Comment

Hmm, I've snowboarded a good bit, in warm-ish conditions where a t-shirt under an open jacket was fine... but I've hit the slopes on much colder days with a blizzard blowing in your face as you sit on the lift for a few minutes heading upwards and on those days, I was cold despite a thermal t-shirt, jumper layer, heavy jacket, skiing pants, thermal hat, heavy gloves and full googles! I wouldn't scrimp on the warmer clothes at all; better to have and not want than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                              https://www.tmb.ie/destinations/vacc...BoCTeEQAvD_BwE

Start ASAP. HEP A & B vaccines take 6 months (the fast way.. with a booster at month 12) to be effective. Even if B isnt recommened A&B come as a package in Twinrix and you might as well have both.
                                                              Heading in 8 weeks so better get on it !
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                I have only 1 small kid but even when not preoccupied with entertaining him I'm too exhausted to do anything that requires any thought.
                                                                The kid should be entertaining you.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  Not sure about the huge mistake. Back into CL. Won a trophy last year. Will challenge for top 4 again this year. Seems grand compared to what we've had in the last couple of years. I don't give a shite how bad they are to watch. I'd rather get some decent results than be nice to watch and lose. Also, who else is there to get? No manager free i can think of that's up to the job
                                                                  You should have got Guardiola - who was a more natural MUFC man than City anyway.

Now you're stuck with a negative prima donna who cares more about his media profile than the club. Plus you're scared shitless of losing. Fergie must be puking his guts up watching the way United set up against Top 6 opposition at home.

Comment

The kid should be entertaining you.
                                                                    He does in all too brief bursts.

Comment

You should have got Guardiola - who was a more natural MUFC man than City anyway.

Now you're stuck with a negative prima donna who cares more about his media profile than the club. Plus you're scared shitless of losing. Fergie must be puking his guts up watching the way United set up against Top 6 opposition at home.
                                                                      The success United had under fergie was once in a lifetime stuff. I doubt we'll ever see anything like that for a long time.

The same set up worked against arsenal the week before, city are just 2 or 3 steps ahead of arsenal so didn't get caught as easy.

While we're still getting half decent results I'm happy enough with it. City are gonna walk the league. Everyone else is playing for 2nd

Comment

The success United had under fergie was once in a lifetime stuff. I doubt we'll ever see anything like that for a long time.

The same set up worked against arsenal the week before, city are just 2 or 3 steps ahead of arsenal so didn't get caught as easy.

While we're still getting half decent results I'm happy enough with it. City are gonna walk the league. Everyone else is playing for 2nd
                                                                        Jaysis, how the mighty have fallen.

Comment

But they mightnt be if Mourinho didn't play for a draw against tops teams with a team worth a few hundred million
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            But they mightnt be if Mourinho didn't play for a draw against tops teams with a team worth a few hundred million
                                                                            At home too!

Did those 80,000 fork over their hard-earned to the Glazers to watch their team park the bus? Shameful stuff really.

Liverpool and Arsenal might be shite but at least they have a go.

Comment

Pogba was a huge slice of the spend. Not on the pitch. City were not too convincing lately so the approach was disappointing.

Comment

Pep has largely made Jose his bitch in their matchups over the years. Good for football that the best brand of attacking football of Guardiola's consistently outclasses the best pragmatic football of Jose's.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Pep has largely made Jose his bitch in their matchups over the years. Good for football that the best brand of attacking football of Guardiola's consistently outclasses the best pragmatic football of Jose's.
                                                                                  Agree with that. Didn't care much about their matchups til now tho

Comment

Jaysis, how the mighty have fallen.
                                                                                    Well that fergie period was never gonna last was it.

Comment

Pogba was a huge slice of the spend. Not on the pitch. City were not too convincing lately so the approach was disappointing.

Comment

Feck you Mike Bullock the 1st

Comment

lol English rugby, some weekend for the provinces
                                                                                          Even heartier lols now - Saracens 41-7 down at home vs Clerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmont

Comment

Even heartier lols now - Saracens 41-7 down at home vs Clerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmont
                                                                                            And they tag on another try just at the end. Beautiful.

Going to Bilbao in great confidence that at least one of my favourite teams will be there.

Comment

Cheggers goes Pop - RIP

Comment

And they tag on another try just at the end. Beautiful.

Going to Bilbao in great confidence that at least one of my favourite teams will be there.
                                                                                                La Rochelle absolutely the best team in the competition over the weekend.

Comment

@HH. Just got around to watching it now.

#WOW.

Great Tribal.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Stats help needed

Have a table of data here that measure a value before and after an action
                                                                                                    Control is the same measure without the action

Students were told to perform a T Test to measure the statistical significance of the change

Don't know much about T Test myself but as far as I can see the idea is that a lower value indicates greater significance
                                                                                                    In the first table there is one outlier measure that distorts the others

But despite it showing the action having a a big effect it makes the T Test value appear less significant

Maybe T Test is just not the appropriate thing here

This is how it looks if we normalise that outlier
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        統計幫助需要
                                                                                                        這裡有一個數據表,用於衡量行動前後的價值
                                                                                                        控制是沒有行動的同樣的措施
                                                                                                        學生被告知要進行T檢驗來測量變化的統計顯著性
                                                                                                        對T測試我自己不太了解,但據我所知,這個想法是一個較低的值表示更大的意義
                                                                                                        在第一個表中有一個異常的措施,扭曲其他
                                                                                                        但是,儘管它顯示的行動有一個很大的影響,它使T測試值顯得不太重要
                                                                                                        也許T測試在這裡不是恰當的事情

Have you tried plugging it out and plugging it back in again?
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

But it didn't work against Arsenal, DDG gave one of the greatest goalkeeping displays ever, the reality is that United's outfield 10 were completely out played. And it's the worst Asenal team in 20 odd years.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                            But it didn't work against Arsenal, DDG gave one of the greatest goalkeeping displays ever, the reality is that United's outfield 10 were completely out played. And it's the worst Asenal team in 20 odd years.
                                                                                                            DDGs save Vs Sane was better than any of the saves he made vs Arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                              DDGs save Vs Sane was better than any of the saves he made vs Arsenal.
                                                                                                              It was the sheer volume of them v Arsenal that was remarkable

Comment

...

Comment

Something something standard deviation something something the first one

Comment

Mistakenly booking the NCT for 7.45 am instead of pm not feeling so smart now. Also completely punting it with sole prep being to top up the water. One Time.

Comment

Also: anyone who commutes daily on that M50 hell is clearly unsane.

Comment

Also: anyone who commutes daily on that M50 hell is clearly unsane.
                                                                                                                        It’s fine before 6.45. But what sane person is going to work at that point.

Comment

Mistakenly booking the NCT for 7.45 am instead of pm not feeling so smart now. Also completely punting it with sole prep being to top up the water. One Time.
                                                                                                                          Slowrolled beautifully by the mechanic.

"Ah yeah, everything's grand there so it is. Except for one little thing...front axel imbalance is 35%, needs to be below 30 so you've failed. See yeh now!"

A master at the top of his game.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X