Page Loading Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Loading Problem

I've noticed a lot lately that when I go to open a thread in a new tab (I use Google Chrome) that the page looks to load but appears to hang; not all the time just sometimes.

If I immediately close the tab & re-open the same thread again it works either the 2nd or 3rd attempt.

This happens me a bit as well. If it persists over the next few days I will fire off an email to the hosting company about this.

Comment

happens to me also

Comment

Happening to me too.
        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Are you guys on shared hosting?

Comment

standard hosting package at hostgator.com

Comment

According to domaintools, there's 113 sites hosted on the server.

Comment

It took ages for this page to load.

Comment

Happening a lot again the past few days.

Any follow up on this problem?

Comment

Noticed it in the last couple of days too but was just blaming the extra traffic due to Cheltenham and the Werewolf game?
                    Most ever users online yesterday I thought must've been slowing it up.

Comment

i thought i was the only one

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Agree that it is a problem, we'll have a look and see what can be done over the next few days. Bear with us.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Happening a lot again yesterday & again today.

Comment

Originally posted by TM2204 View Post
                            Happening a lot again yesterday & again today.

same here

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                              same here
                              I thought it was my comp!

Comment

ok
                                this is really slow today had to click on one page 5 times before it opened for me

Comment

I was having real problems last night but not today.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Still happening

Comment

This has been getting progressively worse all day for me

Comment

I am onto the web chat people at the hosting place at the moment. There are no obvious server issues from their end, but I will update here once finished.

Edit: No resultion for the moment it seems. Here is my chat transcript with the man.

Chat Start Date: Jun 13 2010 8:30:47 PM

(8:30:55 PM) William Go: has entered the chat.
                                        (8:30:58 PM) William Go: Hello, welcome to HostGator Live Chat.
                                        (8:31:15 PM) Dom: hello
                                        (8:32:17 PM) William Go: I am taking a look at the server now.
                                        (8:32:57 PM) Dom: thank you. It is an issue that has been reported intermittently, but seems to have more reports the last few days.
                                        (8:33:43 PM) William Go: There are not load issues that are resulting from a stressed server. The load is nominal on the server.
                                        (8:34:30 PM) Dom: Could you suggest any other reasons this may be happening? I have a standard vbulletin install for my site.
                                        (8:34:43 PM) William Go: Do you use the vbseo plugin?
                                        (8:34:51 PM) Dom: no
                                        (8:35:41 PM) William Go: Okay, thank you.
                                        (8:37:21 PM) Dom: would the vbseo plugin help or possibly cause this if I did use it?
                                        (8:37:56 PM) William Go: It would possibly cause this. I am still looking into your account at this time.
                                        (8:38:07 PM) Dom: ok, thanks
                                        (8:39:43 PM) William Go: No problem.
                                        (8:43:31 PM) William Go: I don't see anything that would be causing this from our end.
                                        (8:44:19 PM) Dom: I presume traffic from my end shouldn't really have any affect on things?
                                        (8:45:30 PM) William Go: That can cause a slow loading time because it does take sometime to process the VB script.
                                        (8:46:22 PM) William Go: My suggestion is to refer to the VB forums to see if there are any plugins that help to optimize the script.
                                        (8:46:28 PM) Dom: Can large threads make a difference? If so, what size? I have one with 35000+ posts at the moment.
                                        (8:46:39 PM) Dom: I will do that, thanks.
                                        (8:47:19 PM) William Go: No problem, I can't be certain at what size they cause issues, but that certainly could be the case. Try touching base with the developers to see if they have any optimization plugins/extensions.
                                        (8:47:38 PM) Dom: ok, thanks for looking into it William.
                                        (8:47:50 PM) William Go: No problem. Did you need anything else at this time?
                                        (8:48:00 PM) Dom: no, thats it
                                        Last edited by 6starpool; 14-06-10, 01:52.

Comment

This problem is getting progressively worse lately. It took me 5-6 attempts to load a thread just there and it had only 10-15 entries so it's not just an issue with large threads like the BBV.

Strange one...

Comment

Ya, it's a bit of a pain in the hole alright.

Comment

Hell of a lot better today. No problems at all actually. Anything done different to fix this?

Comment

If it is working, then yes I fixed it. If not, Kev broke it again.

Comment

Working...
                                                X