LongshotValue 40 bets 1 year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3:30
    Bottom weight Perfect Summer has form on soft is fit from some very decent runs on the flat and has been a consistent hurdler. He might be difficult to knock out of the 5 places on offer here with paddy and others. 33/1 seems big
    1 Point EW 5 places Paddy/sky/betfair/fred
    sigpic
    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

3:00
      Old Guard has been on my mind for this for a while now. I think he needs a fast 2 miles like this and has won on soft ground around here before. He has been close for us a few times over a longer trip last year. He really looked good last time out and I find it difficult to knock him out of the places here at a good price. 25/1 with 5 places looks great value with paddy and betfair
      2 Points EW 25/1 5 places paddy/betfair 20/1 6 places sky
      sigpic
      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

2:15
        Lets face it Faugheen wins this without a doubt if he is anywhere near fit, but I think Campeador is making a decent price for Jezki . The ground may well not be in his favour and he is getting on but I still think he is a fair way clear of Campeador and if Faugheen isn’t right he should win. 7/1 13/2 is silliness.
        1 Point win 13/2 Generally
        sigpic
        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
          3:00
          Old Guard has been on my mind for this for a while now. I think he needs a fast 2 miles like this and has won on soft ground around here before. He has been close for us a few times over a longer trip last year. He really looked good last time out and I find it difficult to knock him out of the places here at a good price. 25/1 with 5 places looks great value with paddy and betfair
          2 Points EW 25/1 5 places paddy/betfair 20/1 6 places sky
          Nice call again
          Ur system is paying off
          Keep up the great tipping

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
            Nice call again
            Ur system is paying off
            Keep up the great tipping
            Don't be making the man sound like a bot with words like system. He's a feel player, that's the best type of player in every game

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
              Don't be making the man sound like a bot with words like system. He's a feel player, that's the best type of player in every game
              Well if he feels like giving advice like last week we can bin the system

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                Well if he feels like giving advice like last week we can bin the system
                You mean like the 50/1 winner?
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoPokerTour View Post
                  You mean like the 50/1 winner?
                  Indeed
                  A good feel or touch or tip or system just keep them coming

Comment

6:40 Kemton
                    So Belove
                    d has a fair bit in his favour here. He was excellent 2 runs ago in France and just unlucky last time out in Ireland. He is well capable of winning this and 12/1 is value. As tempting as the 4 places with paddy is, for an almost certain placer the price simply isn’t big enough for me to go EW.
                    1 Point win 12/1 generally

Definitely not a system by any means. Simple matter of looking at the decent priced ones and deciding it cant be that price. Long loosing runs to be expected, punctuated by a few jumping around the room moments.
                    sigpic
                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Not much in the way of racing to suit my type of selections today but looking forward to seeing the Betfair Chase

Haydock 2:25

Surprise Surprise, I’m going with outsider of the whole field here. Fingerontheswitch appeared to me to like the soft ground last time out the way he travelled and for a horse who had almost no form on soft that augurs well for him here with only 9:9 to carry. This will be a slog of the highest order and its going to be difficult to carry weight around here. This horse was a better hurdler than he has been a chaser the last year or 2 and looks on a reasonable mark even though he is 3lbs out of the handicap. The very good 5lbs claimer on will put him in with a chance at a huge price.

1 Point EW 6 places 50/1 Betfair/sky 5 places paddy
                      sigpic
                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Betfsir account in bits 👍 got decent bet on this got 6th ty.

Comment

Navan 2:35

This is a pretty straightforward pick . Rogue Angel got fairly close to placing last time out for us at a big price and he is a few pounds lower here today . He is proven in these races and we'll get a better run for our money than his price of 50/1 should indicate . If he improves at all from his last run he'll be in the firing line here .

1 pt ew 50/1 5 places paddy/Betfair
                          sigpic
                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Navan 2:35

This is a pretty straightforward pick . Rogue Angel got fairly close to placing last time out for us at a big price and he is a few pounds lower here today . He is proven in these races and we'll get a better run for our money than his price of 50/1 should indicate . If he improves at all from his last run he'll be in the firing line here .

1 pt ew 50/1 5 places paddy/Betfair
                            Will be at the racing today. Hopefully get a good sweat.

Comment

3:00 Newbury

This looks a particularly weak Hennessy and I'm going to go with the hope that Coneygree wouldn't be here if he wasn't well and if he is he could give these a routing. The ground should be fine and his style will be suited to this race. Hopefully he never sees another horse. 18/1 looks far too big to me.

I'm also going to have a tiny saver on Regal Encore at a huge price. He is fairly shorts odds/on to pull up but on the days he doesn't he is a very decent horse and 100/1 makes it a chance worth taking.

2 Points win 18/1 Coneygree 365/betfair/paddy and others
                              ½ Point EW 100/1 Regal Encore 6 places betfair 5 places paddy/365

1:50 Newbury

I've convinced myself that Old Guard is going to be too good for these in what looks ideal conditions. The step up in trip and decent ground are all in his favour and of the same mark as his very good 3rd in the Greatwood he won't be far away here. 7/1 is 3 points too big.

2 Points win 7/1 365/hills/vc
                              sigpic
                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

1:20 Newbury
                                Junction Fourteen is on a mark he can certainly win of here if he decided to put in a decent shift. He has plenty of class but often throws the toys out and doesn't compete. I think there is enough chance of him getting involved here to make his price of 18/1 look decent in this race. We got the winner of this last year with a similar horse.
                                1 Point EW 18/1 Generally
                                sigpic
                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

nice. keep it up

Regal Encore
                                  (Win or Each Way)
                                  100/1
                                  15:00 Newbury
                                  Stake
                                  €32.10
                                  Returns
                                  €417.30

Comment

2:35 Fairyhouse
                                    Townshend is an outrageous price here on the back of a not so good run around a silly track like Galway last time out. He got a bit behind after the last 2 and couldn't make it up. The form of his Novice Chase win around Roscommon could not have worked out any better and he won that well against a very high class field. He is about 5 times the price he should be here and that means it time to bet. I think he is about a 12/1 shot here so the wallet can be opened at the 50/1 available. We'll certainly get a run for our money as he is very likely to be in there with a shot coming down to the last 2 here as he is a strong traveller and a good jumper most of the time.
                                    2 Points win 50/1 365/hills/betfair/paddy/boyles
                                    sigpic
                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

2:05 Fairyhouse

I fancy 2 young horses here with some improvement in them . West Coast Time was a big talking horse a while ago and has been disappointing on the face of it, but it would hardly be a surprise if he suddenly improved of what seems a nice mark here.

In addition Houses of Parliament already has the form in the book to be competitive here of this mark . 33/1 is too big for him .

1 point win West Coast Time 22/1 generally

1 point ew Houses of Parliament 33/1 5 places lads/paddy/Betfair/Boyles
                                      sigpic
                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Sandown 1:45
                                        I’m a big fan on Sceau Royal and I think he is well overpriced here. He was better than any of these over hurdles and has taken really well to fences. He just failed to give North Hill Harvey 5lbs at Cheltenham and I think this stronger race will suit his racing style. 8/1 is double his real price here
                                        2 Points win 8/1 Generally

Aintree 1:30
                                        The Young Master is worth a small bet here. He is well capable of running well of this mark and actually has form in the past on heavy ground. He is a massive price because of his 2 falls around here but I’m not going to watch SWC win again around here at 40/1 and not have a tiny bet on.

In addition Lord Windermere has a good record fresh and ran a great race in last year’s national of this mark. There is a big negative in that they are surly going to have him ready for the big dance but 40/1 makes it a risk worth taking.
                                        1 Point win 40/1 The Young Master 365/hills/betway/vc
                                        1 Point win 40/1 Lord Windermere 365/hills
                                        sigpic
                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Good man Aido

Comment

3:40 Cheltenham

I’m surprised at the price of Rons Dream here. Although she is top weight she has a good 5lbs claimer on here and isn’t giving a lot of weight to a few less proven horses. I think she has performed as well as could be expected so far this year and this trip and ground might well be in her favour. She looks one of the more likely winners at 16/1 is a fair bit too big given she has dropped to a mark that it well within her grasp.

1 Point win 16/1 Generally
                                            sigpic
                                            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

1:55 Cheltenham
                                              I had another look at the Paddy Power here a few weeks ago and what struck me there is Romain De Senam actually went the inside line for the last mile of that race after cruising up to get near the front. Every other race that day any horse that went the shortest way around died on their feet so that makes his performance to finish 5th there a lot better than it initially seemed. He is also getting a few pounds from those ahead of him. I think he is a solid 7/1 or 8/1 shot here so the 14/1 on offer is far too big.
                                              I was looking all week at Guitar Pete but decided to hold fire and I’m paying for it now as the 20/1 is long gone and I’m not sure how much value he is at 11/1 is this race. I’ll have a saver just to dull the pain if he does win. He is well treated and I’ve always had a decent chase handicap in mind for him.
                                              2 Points win 14/1 Romain De Senam
                                              1 Point win 11/1 Guitar Pete
                                              sigpic
                                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

1:20 Cheltenham
                                                Sire De Grugy is far too big a price to ignore here in this race. He was very poor last time out but was pretty decent in his first run this year over hurdles. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this place woke him up a bit. He has been dropped 6lbs from that Ascot run and that mark could make it difficult for this field.
                                                1 Point win 10/1 Generally
                                                sigpic
                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

3:40 Cheltenham

I’m surprised at the price of Rons Dream here. Although she is top weight she has a good 5lbs claimer on here and isn’t giving a lot of weight to a few less proven horses. I think she has performed as well as could be expected so far this year and this trip and ground might well be in her favour. She looks one of the more likely winners at 16/1 is a fair bit too big given she has dropped to a mark that it well within her grasp.

1 Point win 16/1 Generally
                                                  I'm on at 14s which prob cancels out the riders 5lb claim
                                                  Good luck

Comment

Great shout with Guitar Pete!

Comment

Navan 1:20
                                                      Kauto Grand Mogol looks on a very good mark here after showing up well last time out. He got tired which is understandable after such a long layoff and it was only his 2nd run back. If he strips fitter here he should get involved. He has Cheltenham festival form of a higher mark that nothing else in this race would be able to achieve.
                                                      1 Point win 25/1 Generally
                                                      sigpic
                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Ascot 3:00
                                                        Its not often in a race like this you would see last years winner in the form of his life, of a mark he can perform of at 14/1. That said Regal Encore is about as inconsistent as you could see. His run when we put him up EW in the Hennessy was the best run of his life and he was a nice bit clear of the rest of the field behind two real prospects. 14/1 is worth the risk
                                                        1 Point win 14/1 365/coral/stan

Ascot 3:35
                                                        Going with the fairly obvious big priced outsider here is Fergall. He ran well here last year a couple of times and again caught the eye in the much stronger Galway Hurdle this year. He is very lightly raced but can perform of this mark. 28/1 is definitely value here. Some at the top of the market don’t appeal at all and to me it looks as if Elgin should be favourite. He has gone up a lot in the weights, but I fancied him for the Supreme last year so I think he is still capable of improvement.

1 Point win Fergall 28/1 365 25/1 Generally
                                                        1 Point win Elgin 9/1 365 8/1 generally

Haydock 2:45

No Planning really catches my eye here on a light weight. He is proven of much higher marks in very soft ground. He has been dropped a fair way this year for a few admittedly poor runs but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he improves here with a lot in his favour. 16/1 on the face of it seems the right price but my gut is saying its going to look very big later.
                                                        2 Points win 16/1 Paddy 14/1 Generally
                                                        sigpic
                                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

King George
                                                          There is so much racing on today but to be honest none of it is the type of big weekend handicap that I normally have a good look at. I’ve been looking at the King George all week knowing who I was going to pick but trying to convince myself that there was other options. When I look at the actual form of the contenders, I’m not sure of the strengths of some of the favourites here.
                                                          I’m a big fan of Might Byte, but on the face of it he wasn’t that impressive on his seasonal reappearance and beat Whisper twice last year, but wasn’t that hugely impressive the second time and Aintree.. There is no guarantee yet that he is the second coming that his price here indicates.
                                                          Whisper looks improved this year and its possible he may be better than Might Byte of form now, but I think he would want to be winning that poor Hennessy to be a true grade 1 horse.
                                                          Similarly, Fox Norton would have to win that Tingle Creek to be of interest here even though it is over a much shorter trip, it was a very poor renewal.
                                                          Bristol De Mai is a Grade 1 horse now but its unlikely he will get his favoured conditions here and this race is completely different than a heavy Betfair.
                                                          Tea for Three, Double Shuffle and Traffic Fluide shouldn’t be good enough although I wouldn’t be surprised if Traffic Fluide outran his odds here.
                                                          That leaves the only horse I’d be pricking anyway after all that waffle. Thistlecrack’s win last year actually reads a lot better than some give it credit as Cue Card and Tea for Three both won Grade 1s after. I had a good laugh at all the giving out about his reappearance as he would only have 1 real target and that is today. He ran the type of race that I often look for in a horse that needed the run in that he travelled well and just blew up 2 out. He loves a fence and this is his perfect trip and course. His price keeps going out and the 8/1 available now is plenty big enough to take account of the risk that he may never be the same horse as he was.
                                                          2 Points win 8/1 365/hills/betfair/powers
                                                          sigpic
                                                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Leopardstown 3:00

Apache Stronghold r
                                                            eally sticks out for me here at a huge price. He was a near top class novice and id be happy enough with his run last time out behind the fav here Polidam. He had been off for a long time and it was only his second run back. He also has a big turnaround in the weights and will be suited by the step up in trip. I was really surprised by his price of 50/1 with 6 places. I think the extra value of the 6 places also warrants a decent EW bet.

Ill also give Road to Riches one more chance of a decent mark with a 7lbs claimer on. The slightly better ground here will suit and I think he still has a decent performance in him as a 10 yo.

2 Points EW Apache Stronghold 50/1 6 places betfair/Paddy
                                                            1 Point EW Road to Riches 50/1 6 places betfair.paddy
                                                            sigpic
                                                            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

1:55 leop

Rathvinden in my eyes is equal at lest to the fav here and can't be 6 times his price . He gave death duty a decent race and the 11/2 available is value . He is more experienced than Monalee as well

2 points win 11/2 generally
                                                              sigpic
                                                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

2:05 Chepstow

I’ve had Firebird Flyer in mind for this for what seems a long time now. He is a horse that I’ve followed with success in the past and he will relish both the trip and ground here. He travelled really well into this race last year when the savage pace from the start probably cost him with the additional 11lbs that he had to carry as well. He has also been 2nd in this before of a higher mark and won the Midlands National of 8lbs higher. I’m pretty sure that he needed to drop a good few pounds to get fully competitive here again and managed that last year with a number of poor performances. His seasonal opener over hurdles was eye catching when running on in 3rd, behind 2 decent horses, consider all the P’s in his for before that. He just has to have been prepared for a tilt at today’s race and should get competitive. 40/1 with 5 places is certainly value here.

2 Points EW 40/1 5 places paddy/betfair 33/1 6 places sky.
                                                                sigpic
                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Wincanton 2:40

its not often I will fancy 2 in a 6 horse race but I think the 2 outsiders here from V Williams yard can get very close in ideal conditions . The rest are either too high in the weights or won't go on the ground .I think they will both shorten .

1 point win Uhlan Bute 10/1

1 point win Pressurise 12/1
                                                                  sigpic
                                                                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Kempton 2:40

Dino Velvet
                                                                    certainly has a few pounds in hand here. Weather it is enough to win a competitive race like this is questionable but I think he is the type of improver that can spring a surprise here. He caught the eye last time out when possibly coming down the wrong side when looking like he could get involved in a similar race to this. What really sticks out for me is his performance in the Fred Winter at the festival last march. He got really badly baulked and still finished his race well from miles too far back of a 2 lbs higher mark than today. 28/1 seems very good value

1.5 Points EW 28/1 265/Hills ¼ Place 25/1 Generally
                                                                    sigpic
                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

2:10 Punchestown
                                                                      Every Horse has its price and I think there may be a bit of value in the outsider of the field here .Makitorix pulled too hard last time out and then had a jarring jump 4 out that knocked the stuffing out of him. I think he travelled well in that Grade 1 and wouldn’t be surprised if he performed a lot better here. 100/1 is easily worth a shot.
                                                                      1 Point EW 100/1 352/hils/boyles/betfair
                                                                      sigpic
                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

3:15 Kempton
                                                                        The Young Master will be much better suited to this test than his last run over the National Fences. The favourite here is probably a fair bit overrated on what he has done and given he also fell on his last 2 runs he has to be taken on. 8/1 is certainly too big for the Young Master.
                                                                        2 Points win 8/1 365/lads/vc
                                                                        sigpic
                                                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

3:35 Warwick
                                                                          I’ve been looking at this race all week without really coming down on the side of anything. I’m now getting interested in Cogry here at a half decent price. He has a superb record around here and although he jumped poor enough in the Hennessey this race is far more his level. His win at Cheltenham was really good and any repeat of that form even with the extra few pounds would put him right in the firing line. We’ll have a small go at 11/1
                                                                          1 Point win 11/1 Generally
                                                                          sigpic
                                                                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Haydock 3:15
                                                                            Fine Rightly is a horse with a bit of class that will go on this ground. I think a mark of 143 is well within his compass and although he will need to improve on some of his recent runs, he hasn’t been without promise this year. We’ll certainly get a good run for our money, as he will definitely trade a lot shorter in running, given that he is a very strong traveller. 25/1 looks value
                                                                            1 Point EW 25/1 4 Places 1/5th Paddy 25/1 3 places ¼ elsewhere
                                                                            Ascot 3:00
                                                                            Minella Daddy is the one of most interest to me here. He has been of the track for a long time but has some really top class course form and in particularly was 2nd in a much stronger Handicap here of 3lbs higher. He was a horse with a huge amount of promise and if he is ready to run today he is going to be right in the firing line. 16/1 is value.
                                                                            1 Point win 16/1 Generally 18/1 hills
                                                                            sigpic
                                                                            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

#98
                                                                              been told to have a good each way bet, oxwich bay, ascot 2.25 and told take 6-1, will be shorter

Comment

#99
                                                                                "Promiscuous"
                                                                                (feat. Timbaland)

Am I throwing you off?
                                                                                Nope
                                                                                Didn't think so

How you doing, young lady?
                                                                                That feelin' that you givin' really drives me crazy
                                                                                You don't have a player on the choke
                                                                                I was at a loss of words first time that we spoke

You're looking for a girl that'll treat you right
                                                                                You lookin' for her in the day time with the light
                                                                                You might be the type if I play my cards right
                                                                                I'll find out by the end of the night

You expect me to just let you hit it
                                                                                But will you still respect me if you get it
                                                                                All I can do is try, gimme one chance
                                                                                What's the problem I don't see no ring on your hand

I be the first to admit it, I'm curious about you, you seem so innocent

You wanna get in my world, get lost in it
                                                                                Boy I'm tired of running, let's walk for a minute

Promiscuous girl wherever you are
                                                                                I'm all alone and it's you that I want
                                                                                Promiscuous boy you already know
                                                                                That I'm all yours what you waiting for?

Promiscuous girl you're teasing me
                                                                                You know what I want and I got what you need
                                                                                Promiscuous boy let's get to the point
                                                                                'Cause we're on a roll are you ready?

Roses are red
                                                                                Some diamonds are blue
                                                                                Chivalry is dead
                                                                                But you're still kinda cute

Hey! I can't keep my mind off you
                                                                                Where you at? Do you mind if I come through?

I'm out of this world come with me to my planet
                                                                                Get you on my level. Do you think that you can handle it?

They call me Thomas
                                                                                Last name Crowne
                                                                                Recognize game
                                                                                I'mma lay mine's down

I'm a big girl I can handle myself
                                                                                But if I get lonely I'mma need your help
                                                                                Pay attention to me I don't talk for my health

I want you on my team
                                                                                So does everybody else.

Baby we can keep it on the low
                                                                                Let your guard down ain't nobody gotta know
                                                                                If you with it girl I know a place we can go

What kind of girl do you take me for?

Promiscuous girl, wherever you are
                                                                                I'm all alone, and it's you that I want
                                                                                Promiscuous boy, you already know
                                                                                That I'm all yours, what you waiting for?

Promiscuous girl, you're teasing me
                                                                                You know what I want, and I got what you need
                                                                                Promiscuous boy, let's get to the point
                                                                                'Cause we're on a roll, you ready?

Don't be mad, don't get mean
                                                                                Don't get mad, don't be mean
                                                                                Hey! Don't be mad, don't get mean
                                                                                Don't get mad, don't be mean

Wait! I don't mean no harm
                                                                                I can see you with my T-shirt on

I can see you with nothing on
                                                                                Feeling on me before you bring that on

Bring that on?
                                                                                You know what I mean

Girl, I'm a freak you shouldn't say those things

I'm only trying to get inside of your brain
                                                                                To see if you can work me the way you say

It's OK, it's alright
                                                                                I got something that you gon' like

Hey is that the truth or are you talking trash?
                                                                                Is your game M.V.P. like Steve Nash?

Promiscuous girl wherever you are
                                                                                I'm all alone and it's you that I want
                                                                                Promiscuous boy I'm calling your name
                                                                                But you're driving me crazy the way you're making me wait

Promiscuous girl you're teasing me
                                                                                You know what I want and I got what you need
                                                                                Promiscuous boy we're one and the same
                                                                                So we don't gotta play games no more

Comment

3:00 Gowran
                                                                                  I’m afraid I can’t resist the 5 place special with Paddy Power for this race. Thunder and Roses is the ideal horse to exploit this offer. He is on nice mark here is proven over the trip and ground and ran a reasonable race in this last year, in what looked a stronger race. Carrying 10:04 in this after a relatively light season so far should really put him in the mix here and a repeat of his very decent performance in the Paddy Power Chase should be enough.
                                                                                  1 Point EW 5 places Paddy 28/1

I’m also going with a win bet just in case on Wounded Warrior. I had a fair amount of confidence in him last year and he ran a decent race. He is down a huge amount in the weight after a poor run of form, but has ever so slightly improved in his last couple of races. 33/1 is worth a dart carrying only 9:06 around here.
                                                                                  1 Point win 33/1 Generally Wounded Warrior.
                                                                                  Last edited by aidankk; 24-01-18, 20:53.
                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

3:35 Cheltenham
                                                                                    I keep looking at this race coming to the same horse. Ex Patriot really has the look of a strong stayer, has some fairly eye-popping form already this year over shorter and will act on the ground. I think he will probably improve for the step up in trip. Even forgetting all that on actual ratings now he has very little to find with most of these. We also have to throw on a very good run last year in the Triumph Hurdle. 33/1 looks a fair few points too big. I normally wouldn’t go EW in this type of race but he is very consistent and will handle course and ground. He’s a 20/1 shot at most here.
                                                                                    2 Points EW 33/1 ¼ place 365 1/5th betfair/sun/paddy/boyles
                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Cheltenham 1:50
                                                                                      Potters Legend strikes me as well handicapped here. He ran superbly in the Hennessy but didn’t look to stay. Getting dropped 5lbs for that run is a big bonus. He is a big price here because he pulled up next time out on stupid ground at Newbury over too long a trip again. I think if he can bowl along in front here with a light weight he might be much harder to catch. His course form is very good as well. 20/1 is big and I’d be happy with 16/1 or over.
                                                                                      1 Point win 20/1 sky/coral/vc/betfair exch
                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Cheltenham 4:10
                                                                                        The stepping up in trip experiment didn’t work for Dino Velvet. This is a much weaker race than the last couple he has competed in and of a lowly mark of 121 he surly has a great chance here. He has some solid course form and should be involved here. 14/1 is value
                                                                                        1 Point win 14/1 365/hills/vc
                                                                                        sigpic
                                                                                        Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Hereford 15:40
                                                                                          Firebird Flye
                                                                                          r was just getting involved for us last time out in the Welsh National and ran reasonably well the time before. He shouldn’t be far away here if he is on a going day. 40/1 is very big in this race.
                                                                                          2 Points EW 40/1 sky/betfair/paddy/stan/vc
                                                                                          sigpic
                                                                                          Longshotvalue.com

Comment

This Tread is now over after 100 bets. From just doing a quick to it looks poor enough at a 15 point profit.

Serious downturn at the start and finish.

I meant this to last a year and only have 40 bets which didn't work.

I hope to drastically reduce the number of bets from now on. If i look at the figures and bets for the last year, i really have to stick to the biggest races. Nearly all the big winners come in the best races (which is more fun obviously).

Ill be doing annual 2017 figures shortly and i'm not sure what way it will go.
                                                                                            sigpic
                                                                                            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Tread is over but cant reist 1 more in the big race tomorrow

Leopardstown 3:30

I think this market is all wrong. Obviously Faugheen wins in a canter if he is fit but none of the other are anywhere near. I actually think that on form this year Jezki is a short price to chase him home. On a line through Coquin Mans there is nothing between Jezki and Melon at all. Ok Melon has more chance to improve but on better ground here I think Jezki is a huge price at 33/1. Hopefully there is still 8 in the field when it kicks of tomorrow. I do have a small worry in my mind that he could be going for the County, but being placed here wouldn’t really affect his mark anyway. I can’t resist a tiny just in case bet on Identity Thief. He was a near top class hurdler that didn’t take to chasing last year. He also has a perfect record fresh of 111. 80/1 is worth a bet

2.5 Points EW Jezki 33/1 Paddy/Betfair/victor 25/1 generally
                                                                                              1 Point EW Identity Thief 80/1 Paddy/Betfair
                                                                                              sigpic
                                                                                              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

This Tread is now over after 100 bets. From just doing a quick to it looks poor enough at a 15 point profit.

Serious downturn at the start and finish.

I meant this to last a year and only have 40 bets which didn't work.

I hope to drastically reduce the number of bets from now on. If i look at the figures and bets for the last year, i really have to stick to the biggest races. Nearly all the big winners come in the best races (which is more fun obviously).

Ill be doing annual 2017 figures shortly and i'm not sure what way it will go.
                                                                                                I may be wrong (not knowing your system of picking and all) but at a guess because you tried to change your way of picking and the numbers picked, you have been second guessing yourself on a lot of horses

Then started chasing losses!?

i hope you sort it out for yourself & thanks for Splash of Ginge (needed that that particular week)

Comment

Jezki w/o Faugheen

Just in case Faugheen is at his imperious best I’m going to top up my Jezki bet with a point w/o fav at up to 18/1 on bet 365

1 Point w/o Fav 18/1 365 16/1 generally
                                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                    I may be wrong (not knowing your system of picking and all) but at a guess because you tried to change your way of picking and the numbers picked, you have been second guessing yourself on a lot of horses

Then started chasing losses!?

i hope you sort it out for yourself & thanks for Splash of Ginge (needed that that particular week)
                                                                                                    No its nothing like that, i don't really chase losses as i know there will be long waits between meals at big prices. I actually didn't change like i planned to, i've been doing 300-400 picks a year for nearly 10 years now, and kind of want to try a much lower number.
                                                                                                    sigpic
                                                                                                    Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Gowran 3:10
                                                                                                      With Mick Jazz gone, I think the 8/1 about Identity Thief is one of the best of the year so far. So well be going in again for another 2 pt bet. I just can’t see Forge Meadow having any chance. The w/o fav bet here at 3/1 is as nice a saver as you could see and looks odd-on to me
                                                                                                      3 pts win 8/1 generally
                                                                                                      2 pts 3/1 w/o fav 365/sky/fred/tote
                                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

thought the thread was over, don't give up the day job....couldn't tip yourself out of bed

Comment

Originally posted by arrymyboy View Post
                                                                                                          thought the thread was over, don't give up the day job....couldn't tip yourself out of bed
                                                                                                          Did you lose the pot noodle money for the week m8?

Comment

bntr
                                                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

wouldn't back those tips paddy

Comment

Originally posted by arrymyboy View Post
                                                                                                                What's it like?

Comment

This tread is over but hey god loves a tryer

Galway Plate

Lord Scoundrel
                                                                                                                  is a bet in waiting for me for a long time now. He was one of my main hopes for Cheltenham but then didn’t run. He caught my eye behind Bellshill at Fairyhouse, and then clearly didn’t stay in the silly ground at the Irish National. He arrives here to the scene of his biggest win in this race 2 years ago, on a 1 pound lower mark. What really sticks out though is his run last year in what looks much better race. He was getting ready to challenge but got almost brought down at the second last and ended up finishing 8th, behind a couple of Grade 1 horses, after he ran wide all the way and was on a 12lbs higher mark. I don’t really see anything in this race that could end up winning grade 1s on a decent mark (Saturnes, Sub Lieutenant & Don’t Touch It seem the dangers). He has had a break and then a nice looking run over hurdles lately, surely with this race in mind. To my eye he looks one of the more likely winners, and I think he will go off about 12/1. 33/1 Ante Post is of course risky but he is surly going to go here with his history in the race.

3 Points EW 33/1 Generally
                                                                                                                  sigpic
                                                                                                                  Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                  X