Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbravado View Post

I have no real control here, only to make my best decisions possible
    Great post

Comment

I am trying to ignore the part of me that thinks new cases may be staggered in release to prevent widespread panic and subsequent social unrest, or more realistically an overwhelming influx to the hospitals.
      Whatever about anything else, you can put your mind to rest about this one. No-one is withholding a positive result from you. It just wouldn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
        Those cats are definitely planning something evil.
        The little one in front is in heat. The other 3, and 2 others (out of shot) are 'running a train' in the modern parlence, on her. Beats watching the TV
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            I feel fairly certain the modern parlance is step-sister gangbang creampie
            Fyp

Comment

Would get a bit mad in the UK if the queen died.
              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                What tangible difference does knowing the test result make? Whether its Covid19 or not, the above plays true. Anxiousness around the virus is going to do a lot of damage too imo. Just chill as much as you can.
                This sounds ridiculous but I've been wrestling with a small bit of for want of a better word Munchausen... But that's not quite right. The fact that I don't know, fuck that I'm still waiting for testing, has me brain wrinkled. How are the numbers right if I haven't been tested.
                My rational mind knows this is isn't exactly..well rational.
                But the little headcase in my mind doesnt shut up easily.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I tested Sunday and still have not recieved a result. Have tried calling up the number and am told it can four to five working days.
                  I'd expect if there are any prioritising going on it will be for healthcare workers who need to be either cleared for work or isolated urgently.

There was a piece on the news tonight showing the national virology lab working flat out way above their max capacity. Mention of 30K new kits coming in tomorrow I presume they are looking at other options for using other labs to increase capacity.

All these issues about testing, safety clothes and capacity within hospitals are bad now but are going to be a hell of a lot worse in a fortnights time. And if we don't manage to flatten the curve it will be catastrophic.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm hoping they don't cancel Gardeners World on Friday. Though Monty will probably have to dig up all of Longmeadow, and sow spuds for the emergency.

Comment

@Shrapnel - any luck in getting your a/c reset with Stars support or finding someone here who can help?

Not getting any password reset emails so I'm guessing their networks completely maxed out. Hopefully I get sorted to play the home game tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            Whereabouts will the new gaff be Oscar? Be good to have a quiz once this all passes. That is unless we are in jail for murder!
                            Tax Biex, sent the photos over to Tony, looking forward to seeing the rest of this out on a sunny terrace.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                              About to go into isolation for 14 days

Fill in the blanks:

Films
                              Shows
                              Online courses worth a look (very vague that one)
                              How's poker looking this weather?
                              Poker sites?
                              Any other business...

Cheers
                              Online courses coursera.org always worth a look.

Comment

Sterling racing towards parity with the Euro, touching .95 after being .83 a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Contactless payment level increased to €50 https://www.independent.ie/business/...-39057120.html

Comment

Comment

While this self imposed isolation isn't a hugh change in my lifestyle, it is surprisingly difficult. Had no idea that I'd miss those tiny interactions you have with people in shops. Still trying to go for a decent walk everyday, though keeping a safe distance from people is hard. Particulary idiots are the jogging fraternity who seem to think it ok to brush against you at a pace. Just yesterday a complete stranger jogged so close, she was close to needing to take a pregnancy test. Yeah, haven't been this horny since my early teens.
                                      Last edited by ComradeCollie; 19-03-20, 06:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        I'd expect if there are any prioritising going on it will be for healthcare workers who need to be either cleared for work or isolated urgently.

There was a piece on the news tonight showing the national virology lab working flat out way above their max capacity. Mention of 30K new kits coming in tomorrow I presume they are looking at other options for using other labs to increase capacity.

All these issues about testing, safety clothes and capacity within hospitals are bad now but are going to be a hell of a lot worse in a fortnights time. And if we don't manage to flatten the curve it will be catastrophic.
                                        I know the testing/containment facility that I previously mentioned was completed yesterday and due to open today.

FWIW, 30k kits may not sound like a lot to people but again we need to think rationally about what that means.

If we test 30k people using these kits over the coming 2 weeks, we will have tested the same number as South Korea as a proportion of the population.

If we can get remotely close to them in terms of results time then this will be a massive improvement.

I can understand the anxiety of JB & DP but as slow as things appear to date, the next few days should see a massive improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          @Shrapnel - any luck in getting your a/c reset with Stars support or finding someone here who can help?

Not getting any password reset emails so I'm guessing their networks completely maxed out. Hopefully I get sorted to play the home game tomorrow.
                                          No luck so far. Opened a new account yesterday, and now waiting for that to be verified. No idea if it'll work though.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                            If he came home from Cheltenham fucked and showing symptoms, then he already had the virus before he went to Cheltenham, no?
                                            No necessarily. Incubation periods have been as shorts as 1 day and as long as 14 days. Regardless, the Cheltenham part was just background. It was idiocy going to the convention with symptoms regardless of where’ve had been.

Originally posted by Skankhunt42 View Post
                                            Contactless payment level increased to €50 https://www.independent.ie/business/...-39057120.html
                                            Good move. €20 was ridiculous.
                                            Has always been $100 here. I barely carry cash these days.

Irish cases (366) now higher than NSW cases (307).
                                            Although Oz total is 636.

Comment

Anyone have any theory on who or how Trumps mind was changed on the situation? I've watched too many movies, but I can't help imagining some of his generals threatening him ( or more likely Ivanka) with execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Irish cases (366) now higher than NSW cases (307).
                                                Although Oz total is 636.
                                                It'll be interesting to see if Oz gets an uptick as it moves into its colder season.
                                                I've read that the virus is structured in a manner similar to that of influenza.

Both have a viral envelope which research shows is more susceptible to changes in weather, it impacts it's ability to transmit in dry weather and extreme heat. Humidity above and below certain percentages can play a part too.

Generally in the Northern Hemisphere, peak flu season should be coming to an end around now so hopefully it has some impact on slowing the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                  It'll be interesting to see if Oz gets an uptick as it moves into its colder season.
                                                  Murdrum, I know you are only presenting the information in a sober and calm manner. I generally enjoy them and the discussion of possible future outcomes. I just think most of us are going to be an emotional mess. I am already and I don't think of myself as having much empathy.
                                                  I'm not saying censor yourself, but maybe start a seperate thread for detailed scientific discussion, and try to keep here for less detailed stuff.

Comment

Anyone have any theory on who or how Trumps mind was changed on the situation? I've watched too many movies, but I can't help imagining some of his generals threatening him ( or more likely Ivanka) with execution.
                                                    The answer is in your question

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                      Murdrum, I know you are only presenting the information in a sober and calm manner. I generally enjoy them and the discussion of possible future outcomes. I just think most of us are going to be an emotional mess. I am already and I don't think of myself as having much empathy.
                                                      I'm not saying censor yourself, but maybe start a seperate thread for detailed scientific discussion, and try to keep here for less detailed stuff.
                                                      We've faced worse than this in the past Sir CC, we will prevail. In terms of the auld mental health, consume less news and create some projects for yourself.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I think the complete opposite. I quite enjoy his posts on the subject. Very informative and this last one quite reassuring really. You just need a good ride

Comment

Hey CC, that's perfectly fine, I completely understand where you're coming from, I won't mention anything of that sort in the future on the BBV.

The last thing I want to do is cause any additional anxiety. If you prefer to keep it a little more "human interest" for want of a better term, then that's no problem.

As Emmet described himself as a "total spectrumhead rationalist", I'm attempting a similar approach as the general sentiment is overwhelmingly in the opposing direction.

That said, I do think you lose some of your empathy when you take this approach so possibly something I should be vigilant of moving forward.

Comment

While this self imposed isolation isn't a hugh change in my lifestyle, it is surprisingly difficult. Had no idea that I'd miss those tiny interactions you have with people in shops. Still trying to go for a decent walk everyday, though keeping a safe distance from people is hard. Particulary idiots are the jogging fraternity who seem to think it ok to brush against you at a pace. Just yesterday a complete stranger jogged so close, she was close to needing to take a pregnancy test. Yeah, haven't been this horny since my early teens.
                                                            Have you asked cardiologist or GP if you are in a high risk group ? Would you consider yourself high risk ?
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Where is BubbleKing at a time like this

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                Where is BubbleKing at a time like this
                                                                Probably working 20 hours a day.

Hopefully telling nurses he's a big deal still though.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Probably working 20 hours a day.

Hopefully telling nurses he's a big deal still though.
                                                                  Maybe he is a big deal now

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                    Hey CC, that's perfectly fine, I completely understand where you're coming from, I won't mention anything of that sort in the future on the BBV.
                                                                    By that rationale people should stop jogging too.

Just because CC wants less detailed scientific discussion doesn't mean the rest of us do. Don't take responsibility for someone else's anxiety.

Comment

Must say I’m not finding this whole thing too bad so far
                                                                      Finally all those weeks grimming it in an empty apartment with no money and almost no food after spunking the wages on the steel wheel are standing to me

Comment

I find his posts really interesting. I think you may be in a minority here CC. If find posts stressful, maybe give this a break for a little while.
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          Have you asked cardiologist or GP if you are in a high risk group ? Would you consider yourself high risk ?
                                                                          Yes, and Yes. It's mostly the coctail of 8 precription drugs that I have to take daliy that causes the immunosuppession. Think that's the major problem rather than the damaged heart muscle per se.
                                                                          Look carry on as you were. I'm well able to take a break from reading it. I've a decent garden to look after, a bedroom to paint, plenty of books to read. I'll be fine.

Comment

pivoting to a war time stance vastly increases his likelyhood of staying in power.
                                                                            You don't change horses in midstream.

Also, to keep me conspiracy alive, it's easier to justify freezing elections
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                              No luck so far. Opened a new account yesterday, and now waiting for that to be verified. No idea if it'll work though.
                                                                              @coillcam

just got the verification email fwiw

Comment

Just walked by SAP there in citywest and a few people hanging around outside in a tight group having a smoke. Baffling

Comment

People who smoke at this stage don't have much regard for their health, and considering the mess they leave behind they don't have much concern for the welfare of others either.

Comment

Barnier has tested positive

Comment

Everyone getting full marks in oral examinations in leaving cert apparently. Feel for the brighter students, probably will be at a far greater disadvantage than high achievers in years before.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Who's running the next music king?

Comment

Getting real, mandatory leave, bonuses and payrises gone. Pay guaranteed for a few weeks until we know more
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Down with this idea, keep it all here imo.

Comment

Everyone passes Irish without so much as lifting a pen. Bizarre solution.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                  Just walked by SAP there in citywest and a few people hanging around outside in a tight group having a smoke. Baffling
                                                                                                  My place have a smoking hut/shed..no bigger than 4x3..6-7 huddled in there together today. Wouldnt mind its a beautiful day..
                                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

or to make the exam worth 100%? Surely creating a situation where people who don't like Irish can now not do the written exams and focus on their points gathering subjects is a silly outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Is the oral 40% of the marks now?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                        Just walked by SAPS there in citywest and a few people hanging around outside in a tight group having a smoke. Baffling
                                                                                                        FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          Well the choice is to give everyone nothing or give everyone everything. Doesn't really make a difference and this way sounds better.
                                                                                                          Surely it does make a difference. If you're confident in Irish you'd fancy your chances having 100% of the marks applied to the written section as opposed to only 60%. They'll still do better but grade disparity will be tighter here than usual and that can only put the higher achievers at a disadvantage from the usual scenario
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                            Essential subjects only.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                                              Is the oral 40% of the marks now?
                                                                                                              For Irish it is. Less for other stuff.

Comment

God the oral Irish exam, I'd forgotten that. What a joke that was. I got an F in pass Irish in the Leaving. Still my most prized academic achievement.

Comment

Clearing easily the most unnecessary subject to the majority of leaving certs futures, in what has become an even more difficult year for them, seems like a decent and sound play to me.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    God the oral Irish exam, I'd forgotten that. What a joke that was. I got an F in pass Irish in the Leaving. Still my most prized academic achievement.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    Clearing easily the most unnecessary subject to the majority of leaving certs futures, in what has become an even more difficult year for them, seems like a decent and sound play to me.
                                                                                                                    It's a nonsense of a test anyway.
                                                                                                                    My pass irish involved me talking about karate and liverpool. Mostly because I could use lots and lots of non irish words and names in it.
                                                                                                                    And I still really fucking struggled.

Obviously, the gaeilgeoirs wont like it much as it lessens their advantage but it helps the overall majority

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      It's a nonsense of a test anyway.
                                                                                                                      My pass irish involved me talking about karate and liverpool. Mostly because I could use lots and lots of non irish words and names in it.
                                                                                                                      And I still really fucking struggled.

Obviously, the gaeilgeoirs wont like it much as it lessens their advantage but it helps the overall majority
                                                                                                                      It affects a small amount of gaeilgoirs who were relying on extra edge to get them over the line. Not those who will easily get their first choice, so it's minimal. Is there still extra points for taking other papers in Irish?
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I did my driving test in Irish. If anything it just annoyed the tester . You cant win

Comment

Got a c in honours Irish, without speaking a word of it, such a pointless exercise. Regurgitating things from memory. My foolproof plan was no matter what the essay options were I would do the one that starts off with a sentence and you have to continue, then I'd say it was a dream, wake up and write about whatever the hell I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X