Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 49% of over 65's definitely voting No? I'd expect that to be closer to 75%.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Only 49% of over 65's definitely voting No? I'd expect that to be closer to 75%.
      Yeah I'd say in reality it will be much higher.

Comment

Memos released

Comment

Memos released

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            I think Roscommon could be the value if they start doing constituency being for repeal due to the scalded cat effect from the last referendum.
            I'm still smarting over East Galway losing by a short head in the 'most conservative' bet in the SSM referendum.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Only 58% pro-repeal between 25-34 as well. Only 52% of women also.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The Irish are childish nimby me fein bastards, with an old religious bent. The fact that nobody actually likes abortion but there are grown up reasons for allowing it, doesn't come into play!

Comment

Wenger Out.

Comment

It's 63 vs 37 w/o undecideds
                      And undecideds are leaning 2/1 towards repeal.

No campaign is getting excited about momentum, but Yes still way out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        The Irish are childish nimby me fein bastards, with an old religious bent. The fact that nobody actually likes abortion but there are grown up reasons for allowing it, doesn't come into play!
                        I literally can't get my head around it. If you're against abortion don't have one. It's great progress from forcing the woman to have the baby, neglect it and throw it in a heap out the back. How brainwashed are people to still value the cunts opinion
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                          It's 63 vs 37 w/o undecideds
                          And undecideds are leaning 2/1 towards repeal.

No campaign is getting excited about momentum, but Yes still way out ahead.
                          Undecideds will break towards No and or not showing up. No expect much higher turnout. It shows the campaign is having an effect. Repeal is still ahead at this point but don't think its way out ahead anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            Wenger Out.
                            He's had a good innings

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Only 58% pro-repeal between 25-34 as well. Only 52% of women also.
                              Neither of these things surprise me in the least.
                              People in their prime with young families are most susceptible to being manipulated by nasty images of chopped up babies while the current generation of over 60's have for the most part seen through the fraud perpetrated on the state by Binchy and his crowd of extreme conservative assclowns.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wenger Out.
                                My phone has never sent me a news notification ever, yet this was somehow important enough to send to me, someone who doesn't give a shit about football. I'm not scared of google yet.

Comment

Undecideds will break towards No and or not showing up. No expect much higher turnout. It shows the campaign is having an effect. Repeal is still ahead at this point but don't think its way out ahead anymore.
                                  Show your work. That home to vote thing during marriage ref showed otherwise. What indicates undecideds breaking towards no?
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Jaysus, that took long enough

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      Show your work. That home to vote thing during marriage ref showed otherwise. What indicates undecideds breaking towards no?
                                      That home to vote campaign which got alot of people to vote illegally? There isn't as much been said about that this time.

Well its a logical conclusion if your not sure about something either don't vote or vote against it.

Comment

If we assume the poll is wrong about where the conservative heartland (lol) is, about the number of old people voting no, about how likely those asked said they were to vote and about the leans expressed by undecideds but correct about the low numbers of women voting yes and low numbers of young people voting yes then the Yes side is in big trouble.

Comment

That home to vote campaign which got alot of people to vote illegally? There isn't as much been said about that this time.

Well its a logical conclusion if your not sure about something either don't vote or vote against it.
                                          Sure that one. Some law breaking in exchange for human rights I'm ok with.

I do think the referendum will be close though. I'm not sure people who don't spend time outside Dublin realise how many backwards cunts we have, young people included.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                            I'm not sure people who don't spend time outside Dublin realise how many backwards cunts we have, young people included.
                                            That general tone is not helping the repeal side at all.

Comment

Agreed 1000%, it's not a tone I'd used to convince anyone leaning towards a no vote. Shouting at some old man who doesn't want abortion in the first place that you want him to pay for it too is daft.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                My phone has never sent me a news notification ever, yet this was somehow important enough to send to me, someone who doesn't give a shit about football. I'm not scared of google yet.
                                                I got one about a new Sting album today, slightly more likely that I would be interested in Wegner tbh
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A campaign of lies seems to do the trick though.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Wenger Out.
                                                    What a selfish prick, all these years of calling him a fraud and a gowlbag entered into a very enjoyable period and he leaves still, ive had a couple of good years fun out of the gowlbag fraud

Comment

Van Morrison playing The Point the night of the marathon.

Fml.

Comment

There's been more said about it than last time

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          There's been more said about it than last time
                                                          Well hopefully there will be enforcement of the law, people tweeting home to vote who have been outside the State for more than 18 months or outside the State without the intention to return in 18 months should be prosecuted.

Comment

Comment

Well hopefully there will be enforcement of the law, people tweeting home to vote who have been outside the State for more than 18 months or outside the State without the intention to return in 18 months should be prosecuted.
                                                              That seems a very unwinnable prosecution, for many reasons.

Comment

That seems a very unwinnable prosecution, for many reasons.
                                                                It would be no harm for it to be said (press release from the Referendum Commission or something) clearly and openly that its illegal even if there was no actual prosecutions.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    Van Morrison playing The Point the night of the marathon.

Fml.
                                                                    What's the problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Ah come on. Undecideds are people who are voting no but don't want to say it. Remember persuading my mum to vote for marriage equality, but you can't even think about the conversation on this topic.

Hopefully this acts as a bit of a wake-up call to Leo et al that can't just take the voting on this as a given. To my mind a huge amount of the campaigning is about persuading the yes voters to vote yes. That doesn't seem like a great approach.
                                                                      2/3 of them are leaning yes. And no need 100% of the undecided.

Agree the Yes side has been abysmal though. I guess the choice is so axiomatic to them that they don't feel there's any need to persuade.

"Stop shaming women" is such a terrible poster.

It's grim but the 7 week kicking one is easily the best, would have been better with less text.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                        Jaysus, that took long enough
                                                                        Asking for 9 y/o Arsenal fan - who's in line to replace auld Arse?
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Patrick Vieira is the current betting fav, though i'd be a bit surprised if they went with him, would really want someone with more top level management experience

Comment

Rafa
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

They should go for Conte

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                2/3 of them are leaning yes. And no need 100% of the undecided.

Agree the Yes side has been abysmal though. I guess the choice is so axiomatic to them that they don't feel there's any need to persuade.

"Stop shaming women" is such a terrible poster.

It's grim but the 7 week kicking one is easily the best, would have been better with less text.
                                                                                I first heard that word from yer Da.

Comment

Russia playing a blinder to be honest.
                                                                                  This latest story is amazing
                                                                                  Moscow claims it outlined its "red lines" to US officials before the strikes were launched last weekend.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Russia playing a blinder to be honest.
                                                                                    This latest story is amazing
                                                                                    Moscow claims it outlined its "red lines" to US officials before the strikes were launched last weekend.
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It would be no harm for it to be said (press release from the Referendum Commission or something) clearly and openly that its illegal even if there was no actual prosecutions.
                                                                                      Instead of that, they should make it a task that has to be repeated every year or so to stay on the register otherwise you are removed.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                          What's the problem ?
                                                                                          The inability to walk.

Comment

Irish Times headline "Closer look at poll figures makes clear Eighth will be repealed".

Dangerous narrative for the repeal side in my opinion means the fair weather repeal support will stay at home thinking its a done deal.

Comment

Thomas Tuchel probably PSG & doesn't get on at all with German lad in charge of transfers

Carlo Ancelotti, loves London, winner, available

Rafa, geezer, flavour of the month, fix everything Wenger ignores, thinks people are chess pieces *(although, judging by Shelvey, he might have grown out of that)

Luis Enrique Hope its not him Wants big wages apparently

leonardo jardim probably time to leave Monaco

Mikel Arteta, probably Everton

Brendan Rodgers... being linked, will be back to england again, perfect Everton manager but not with links being so close?

I just stuck €25 on Enrique at 20/1 cause they should give it to him and he has contacts in the board room
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 20-04-18, 11:51. Reason: *

Comment

...

Comment

Due to mental health (with lowercase 'mental', absolute exhaustion would be a better term) issues, I've had to take today off and wondering which of the following movies to watch that might lift my mood:

Justice League
                                                                                                  Mollys Game
                                                                                                  The Disaster Artist
                                                                                                  The Greatest Showman
                                                                                                  The Lure
                                                                                                  The Square

Anyone have a recommendation?
                                                                                                  Is it warm out?
                                                                                                  Sit in the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                    I just stuck €25 on Enrique at 20/1 cause they should give it to him and he has contacts in the board room
                                                                                                    My money carries weight, just been cut to 12/1 by that bookie

Comment

Due to mental health (with lowercase 'mental', absolute exhaustion would be a better term) issues, I've had to take today off and wondering which of the following movies to watch that might lift my mood:

Justice League
                                                                                                      Mollys Game
                                                                                                      The Disaster Artist
                                                                                                      The Greatest Showman
                                                                                                      The Lure
                                                                                                      The Square

only see two of them, go with Mollys Game

Comment

Justice League
                                                                                                        Mollys Game
                                                                                                        The Disaster Artist
                                                                                                        The Greatest Showman
                                                                                                        The Lure
                                                                                                        The Square

Watch the doc about Garry Shandling by Judd Apathow
                                                                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...

Comment

Is that upbeat? Have seen Garry Shandling in a million things and he never seemed positive!
                                                                                                            He was trying to find the path to enlightenment. It’s good but not as good as Jim Carey doc.
                                                                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                              He was trying to find the path to enlightenment. It’s good but not as good as Jim Carey doc.
                                                                                                              Yeah what a documentary. If you're going the documentary route Icarus is a great watch too.

Comment

The registering process is already massively anti-democratic, let's not try to add more hurdles!
                                                                                                                Something user friendly, like online or phone verification or something for when you are already on it. It would cut down instances of people being on it twice in different constituencies anyhow. Until they have something mad like instant person verification nationwide across a system using iris scan or something, we are stuck with the register.

Comment

Never mind all those, watch The Phantom Thread. Finest movie of the decade.

Comment

Thierry Henry next arsenal manager

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                                        Never mind all those, watch The Phantom Thread. Finest movie of the decade.

You clearly haven't seen justice league!

Comment

Molly Bloom
                                                                                                                          And +1 on phantom thread. Enjoyed both .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X