Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax deadline in the US yesterday and Trump has asked for a 6 month extension to file his, quelle surprise.

Quote from Nixon “People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I am not a crook.”
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      No I think he would be the "sole" winner.
      He just bombed Syria because Syria bombed Syria
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        He just bombed Syria because Syria bombed Syria
        I am not going to defend that one, his biggest mistake as president so far in my view.

Comment

All joking aside surely no US president could win a Nobel peace prize with their consistent thirst for war
          airport, lol

Comment

All joking aside surely no US president could win a Nobel peace prize with their consistent thirst for war

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              Picked up an Aeropress in Java republic, and a bag of specially ground beans. About to try.
              Yep, it's good.

Is the plunger meant to feel really tight? Needed to put a lot of pressure on it.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Prefer them with soy sauce myself wha #mikebullocks
                Treche.

The Corny jokes will continue until morale improves. Wolf pack seem like sad puppys these days.

Comment

Yep, it's good.

Is the plunger meant to feel really tight? Needed to put a lot of pressure on it.
                  You wanna take this one Eamo dear ?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Re-unification before 31/12/2020.
                    And the clocks go back half an hour .

Comment

Yep, it's good.

You don't really need to push just sort of lean your weight on it a bit and wait.

Important trick I missed is to push rubber seal the whole through when storing it or else store the two parts separately. If you leave the seal inside the tube it will eventually change shape and leak, that happened to me after about a year because I wasn't doing that.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Tax deadline in the US yesterday and Trump has asked for a 6 month extension to file his, quelle surprise.

Quote from Nixon “People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I am not a crook.”
                        What’s the point here? Getting this extension is pretty common in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Im guessing one or more of them already won it. Shows what I know. Did Clinton get one?

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                          You wanna take this one Eamo dear ?
                          Haha jaysus
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                            I checked that, no match. Reason I thought it was mine was because it was also logged into my Snapchat. Could it be simply a dynamic IP?
                            In general your public IP will be dynamic. Only businesses typically have a fixed IP.

Note that your phone is also using 4g for its Internet connection so it will have its own public IP for that too. It could be that IP you're seeing or maybe even when using your WiFi connection at work.

If you can't figure it out, reset your password and set up multi factor authentication.

Comment

I'm not going to pretend to know the specifics of life for those on the Korean peninsula. But for President Trump a peace deal that ends the war is the win.
                              But what is the outcome of such a deal?

NK gives up its nukes - A1 Sharon.
                              Border gets de-militarised
                              NK gets some economic payoff

But if Fat Lad is still in sole charge of the shop, how is that a win for the ordinary North Korean?
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                But what is the outcome of such a deal?

NK gives up its nukes - A1 Sharon.
                                Border gets de-militarised
                                NK gets some economic payoff

But if Fat Lad is still in sole charge of the shop, how is that a win for the ordinary North Korean?
                                From a current President Trump point of view their direct outcome doesn't really fall into the win criteria but no doubt there will be benefits from the end of the war to them too.

Comment

From a current President Trump point of view their direct outcome doesn't really fall into the win criteria but no doubt there will be benefits from the end of the war to them too.
                                  the 'war' is just a technical term, actual acts of aggression are extremely rare (only one I can remember is NK shelling some island a gew years back).

Comment

the 'war' is just a technical term, actual acts of aggression are extremely rare (only one I can remember is NK shelling some island a gew years back).
                                    While there may not be bullets regularly flying, are you suggesting there is no side effects from the current war status?

Comment

I'm heading to Amsterdam next weekend for Kings weekend and to see the tulips, the city looks to be absolutely packed so will probably need reservations. Anyone have advice on places to eat?

Comment

There was a great answer on quora on this topic recently:

If I were to bet $50, I would put my hard-earned money on the chance that there wouldn’t be much of an “engagement” at all.

More than 35 years ago I was a young sergeant in Ceausescu’s Romanian Military. My unit’s mission was that of guarding certain “strategic defense capabilities”. My platoon was assigned to provide security to a “strategic motorized resource” which consisted of approximately 350 vehicles. There were all-terrain, Jeep-like vehicles, and various types of light armored vehicles; no tanks. These vehicles were supposed to be “locked and loaded”, ready to use if a sudden attack against that area of the country occurred. There was a team of mechanics whose mission was to keep them maintained and fueled, start each vehicle every so many days and drive it around a 2–3 km track, to keep them ready. Oil was supposed to be changed periodically, as were tires, due to supposed aging.

On paper, this was a unit ready to strike. In reality, it was a junk yard, where every vehicle was slowly being dismantled and cannibalized for parts, for the benefit of other units, or for the benefit of the higher-ranked officers and party members. (The Jeep-like vehicles were a status symbol among the Communist elite, available only through exclusive party channels. However, they were of poor quality, breaking easily, and there was an acute shortage of parts.) The gasoline and replacement tires were used for the same purpose. In fact, the mechanics were a professional dismantling crew, supplying the elites with spare parts and gasoline.

I have no idea how the corrupt bureaucracy “cooked” the reports and how the military never discovered the fraud, but I am absolutely sure that it was part of the innate corruption that permeated every aspect of life in Communist Romania. I am also convinced that similar corruption was a wide-spread phenomenon, among the other Communist countries’ military. At the same time, most likely, somewhere, in the logs of the Warsaw Pact, there was an entry for this official “strategic motorized resource”. I can only imagine how they were “deploying” that particular “resource” in their war game studies that were presented to the Soviet command, while everyone else knew that the “resource” couldn’t carry one single officer beyond the exit gate. It was a paper tiger that could have never roared! (In the early 1990s, as the communist block collapsed, it turned out that even the CIA was surprised by how weak the communist countries were. I’m glad their economies didn’t work as well as their disinformation campaigns did, or we would all be speaking Russian today!)

To summarize, I wouldn’t be surprised if very few North Korean armored units, other than the shiny ones that parade down the street for the world to see, are ready to strike. (And, based on the condition of a recent deserter to South Korea, their human fighting resources are equally malnourished, parasite and disease-ridden, and badly demoralized. They might actually surrender faster than Saddam Hussein’s troops surrendered in Kuwait.)

Answer (1 of 34): It wouldnt be fair American armour would completely destroy, however, in an actual battle it would not be straight tanks vs. tanks, but combined arms (or lack thereof) Nevertheless, here are the AFVs of each nation Chonma Ho-1 Chonama Ho-2 Chonma Ho-3 Chonma Ho-4 And Chon...

Comment

While there may not be bullets regularly flying, are you suggesting there is no side effects from the current war status?
                                          No. I'm suggesting use of the term 'war' is entirely misleading.

Comment

I recorded a light and fluffy mix some people here might enjoy:

80mins of love for Jamie and Bex. A wide mix of italo, straight up disco, house and techno. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

https://www.mixcloud.com/daraghthomas/jbex2018/
                                              Literally looking for something different for last hour of work, nice one
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                I'm heading to Amsterdam next weekend for Kings weekend and to see the tulips, the city looks to be absolutely packed so will probably need reservations. Anyone have advice on places to eat?
                                                Will be there too for Gholis birthday, no idea on specific restaurants but got taken to a Surinamese place last time, apparently they have good stuff from there due to colonial past.

Comment

Miilkbone sample at 14 mins, nice track whatever that is
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...if the Korena war ends, and the US and North Korea finally meet- I will fully accept that the POTNK is a stable genius and deserves the Nobel peace prize...I reckon Kim would make a great American president if they changed their laws...
                                                      ...All hail president Kim... Also to add, what has Trump done with regards the Korean war thing that is of any significance?...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          What exactly was Trump's amazing individual contribution to South Korea and North Korea agreeing to talk?

They've had loads of talks btw, millions of them, over the years.
                                                          Need to get that TDS looked at Hitch

Comment

Highly enjoyable
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                              Highly enjoyable
                                                              Agreed. Have a good all day session ahead of me Saturday, will get it on again for my mates
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Recently switched from Ulster Bank to AIB for my general current account. Rang them there to get a credit card and they said I need to send in 6 months bank statements from UB, which is fine, but the only way to send these in is by fax! Seems incredibly antiquated for what otherwise appears to be a pretty modern retail bank.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  Recently switched from Ulster Bank to AIB for my general current account. Rang them there to get a credit card and they said I need to send in 6 months bank statements from UB, which is fine, but the only way to send these in is by fax! Seems incredibly antiquated for what otherwise appears to be a pretty modern retail bank.
                                                                  Financial Services and Faxes man...

The lolworthy part is that apparently Blockchain will be the disruptive tech, lets jump from faxes to blockchain, ignore the litany of other formats to safely send info without causing customers unreasonable inconvenience.

re Blockchain, I like these quotes:

“In fact, I would assert that there is no single person in existence who had a problem they wanted to solve, discovered that an available blockchain solution was the best way to solve it, and therefore became a blockchain enthusiast.”

"if you hire a team of people who love bitcoin, there’s a good chance they’ll come up with a solution that includes a blockchain, no matter what the problem was.”
                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

What's a TDS?
                                                                      Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is a satirical psychological diagnosis used to explain the hysterical reaction and belligerent behavior of people, directed towards anything related to President Donald Trump, as pertaining to his presidency.
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

You guys have health insurance? How much do you spend?

Work pays for mine but I could just take the money as income instead so I might do that, it didn't really do anything for me when I needed it tbh and all it would have done is put me in a private room.

Get's more straightforward to accept it for those 35+ I guess. Or accept the money and buy a cheaper plan.

Comment

This is the closest sustained communication the US and NK have had in decades.
                                                                          Trump is the first president to get China to bring NK to heel, with a successful embargo and by reducing their energy imports. NK is being slowly strangled without the Chinese support.
                                                                          People were laughing at Trump for his new age diplomacy and for agreeing to meet Kim, but that's driven the high level US talks with NK, and thawed relations to current extent with SK.
                                                                          It's laughable to suggest all of this has nothing to do with Trump. NK has been one of his main focuses since he got the job.

It's almost as if it's impossible for you to attribute anything successful to Trump.
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-04-18, 19:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Work pays for mine but I could just take the money as income instead so I might do that, it didn't really do anything for me when I needed it tbh and all it would have done is put me in a private room.

Get's more straightforward to accept it for those 35+ I guess. Or accept the money and buy a cheaper plan.
                                                                            ~100pm, covered by work but still have to pay BIK. Just be wary of the over-35 penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

~100pm, covered by work but still have to pay BIK. Just be wary of the over-35 penalty.
                                                                              You ask this every year! I’d love to know what you would do if work didn’t pay it and you didn’t get additional salary in lieu. How much would you be prepared to pay then? It would be an interesting behavioral experiment.

This is a country where people die in the waiting room and while waiting to be diagnosed and you think it’s about a private room or a public room. I think you are undervaluing the getting diagnosed early bit by quite a margin.

We pay about the same as Denny for a decent but not great package. I’ll pay for a better package from my mid 50s when I don’t have as many other financial priories and probabilities will be against me but at this point in the HSE’s fuckedness id be very slow to lower it.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Apple Business Chat.

Going to be awesome. Seeing some functional dev work on this come through from Apple beta Partners.

The Chinese had it right for a while with WeChat, finally Apple getting something out after Facebook failed with their messenger service.
                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                  You ask this every year! I’d love to know what you would do if work didn’t pay it and you didn’t get additional salary in lieu. How much would you be prepared to pay then? It would be an interesting behavioral experiment.

This is a country where people die in the waiting room and while waiting to be diagnosed and you think it’s about a private room or a public room. I think you are undervaluing the getting diagnosed early bit by quite a margin.

We pay about the same as Denny for a decent but not great package. I’ll pay for a better package from my mid 50s when I don’t have as many other financial priories and probabilities will be against me but at this point in the HSE’s fuckedness id be very slow to lower it.
                                                                                  I like to see how opinions change over time. You just wait 'til I ask the same pension questions next year I changed pension based on advice this year but not last year. If work didn't pay for health insurance I don''t know what I would have, probably none until I'm 35.

I am not sure I get the value of such a plan for me or other "younger" people, when somebody is older I understand it well, especially as the main benefit I see is that for non-immediate care such as hip/knee surgeries you are sorted way faster, plus we start falling apart as we age. For cases such as me breaking my arm and the ensuing surgeries, there was no change in care, speed and so on with or without health insurance, I was flat out told it didn't matter.

I can understand if somebody couldn't afford to pay a consultant that they would need cover to see somebody so that you get a quick diagnosis, that's not the case for those here in general and most plans don't cover that anyway. If you can afford the cover that includes that then you can already afford to get that care. If I didn't have the current plan I have it would be €1200 per year extra net to use for things like that anyway (and even when they pay that much you get 50% off a consultant). Am I missing something or how else would people get early diagnosis? Also any other aspects that may have more value that I am not thinking of. I guess some freak accidents that aren't emergency, for one. Hurting yourself at the gym and so on. Still feel I'm missing something here.
                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-04-18, 20:19.

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 18-04-18, 20:23.

Comment

Builder mate was signing over a new build to a couple, all mortgages etc signed and sealed. They take a phone call and return to say they wont be taking the house as their application for social housing had been reviewed and accepted so they would be taking the one six doors down instead. Great country

Comment

...

Comment

Excellent Daragh.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Every online offering is dire in France. I think their whole Web infrastructure still runs on Geocities.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              Every online offering is dire in France. I think their whole Web infrastructure still runs on Geocities.
                                                                                              hey! cassoulet online

Comment

...Noticing a massive increase in double posting the last week or so...Is it the site being dodgy, or fuckers unehtcially increasing their post count with disgusting antics...

Comment

...Noticing a massive increase in double posting the last week or so...Is it the site being dodgy, or fuckers unehtcially increasing their post count with disgusting antics...

Comment

...

Comment

Fair to say that once Tar broke the online French wine gravy train, that le internet could only go one way.

Comment

...

Comment

Except BlaBlaCars obviously. That place is amazing. Carpooling website that everyone seems to use. Think its worth a fair few billion at this stage. But probably thats slim pickings compared to what an economy the size of France should have developed.

Oh and government services are excellent online here. Miles ahead of anything I've seen elsewhere.

Its taking off here in germany, we can car share to frankfurt airport for 3 euro in 40 mins, train costs 19.60 and takes an hour

Comment

...

Comment

That's with BlaBla or a German flavour?
                                                                                                              BlaBla, meant to say train is that price each.

Comment

There's a Music Kings game after starting if anyone wants to drop in and take a listen/cast a vote:

Comment

Similarly he's claimed every stock market increase as his but no stock market crash.
                                                                                                                  Stock market crash? I think you are been very generous with the definition of a crash here.

He even claims bad things by pretending they are good things - like jobs rising, even though they are rising at slower than under previous administrations.
                                                                                                                  Of course there rising slower as employment is so high it is a mathematical impossibility to keep rising at the rates it was. In fact, he's getting jobs now for the hardest to employ people.

Basically until I see a signed letter from Kim saying Trump made him do it (whatever 'it' is being not in anyway clear yet - another part of the overclaiming) I'm not going to believe this is anything other than another overclaim from Trump. Now if that is Trump Derangement Syndrome rather than sensibility then consider me infected.

.
                                                                                                                  To me it is clear President Trump understands and fully exploits his leverage as President of the United States. It would seem previous presidents didn't feel comfortable fully exploiting their power. His use of leverage has led us to a point never seen before in this conflict its quite remarkable.

Comment

Fair to say that once Tar broke the online French wine gravy train, that le internet could only go one way.
                                                                                                                    My only mistake was telling you

Comment

This is the closest sustained communication the US and NK have had in decades.
                                                                                                                      Trump is the first president to get China to bring NK to heel, with a successful embargo and by reducing their energy imports. NK is being slowly strangled without the Chinese support.
                                                                                                                      People were laughing at Trump for his new age diplomacy and for agreeing to meet Kim, but that's driven the high level US talks with NK, and thawed relations to current extent with SK.
                                                                                                                      It's laughable to suggest all of this has nothing to do with Trump. NK has been one of his main focuses since he got the job.

It's almost as if it's impossible for you to attribute anything successful to Trump.
                                                                                                                      That seems like a very optimistic assessment. The relations thawing happened before they agreed to meet - remember the winter Olympics? It doesn't even make any sense that Trump agreeing to meet the NK leader would impact North South relations. In fact this seems like the opposite - Trump could well be annoyed that he seemed to be sidelined by the positive moves both the South and North made without him.

The embargo has been in place in some form or other since 2006, its possible that Trumps hardening of conditions had some impact, but again it seems unlikely without any evidence, and the NK leadership has been trying to meet the US president for years. Does Trump know something the others didn't? I hope it goes well, but it seems pretty foolish to think this is some masterstroke of diplomacy - everything points to the contrary.

Comment

What's really happening here is Trump is marketing something other people have done as his achievement, and it's almost certainly not going to lead anywhere. The Korean guy butchered his own family with dogs to preserve his hold on power - that is not the indicator of a guy who wants to share anything 50:50.
                                                                                                                        Some deal is inevitably going to happen, whether or not Trump is an important player is moot. North is in a way worse state than East Germany in '88 and the Koreans and Trump are comfortable enough with corruption to see the family and enough of the cabal paid off to make it work.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X