Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    My post has a like for like comparison of electoral college predictions. You have just said 538 have no credibility based on predictions far superior to Rasmussen's, who's poll you are happy to stand over. You must surely realise how one-eyed this comes across?

'538 have no credibility because they called the election wrong, says man who credits poll from organisation who called the election wronger'.

You appear to credit or discredit polls, aggregators etc based on whether they reflect your viewpoint.
    Let me be clear all polls are wrong particulary relating to Conservative candidates but they are the best comparison we have without a vote. Also the 538 was a projection not a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      FAO DeadParrot etc I've been trying out realdebrid for a little bit and it seems to work spot on, would suggest giving it a lash.
      I've had it for a couple of years - makes a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Quick question for the DIY people, would there be much of a difference between renting a wallpaper stripper from the likes of Sam Hire or a store bought one?
        Think it depends a lot on whether you're likely to use it again, and how much hassle it will be to store. I'm generally biased towards buying stuff and end up with loads of stuff that's only had one use.
        However, this cheapo wallpaper stripper has been one of the more used buys. Also gets used to quickly defrost my freezer ( contrary to manufacturers instructions) http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...R+STRIPPER.htm
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
          Think it depends a lot on whether you're likely to use it again, and how much hassle it will be to store. I'm generally biased towards buying stuff and end up with loads of stuff that's only had one use.
          However, this cheapo wallpaper stripper has been one of the more used buys. Also gets used to quickly defrost my freezer ( contrary to manufacturers instructions) http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...R+STRIPPER.htm
          Going to be doing parts of the house sporadically over the next few months and it seems I could buy one for the same price as renting one for a couple days, my thinking is also being able to lend it out to people. Also bravo on the defrosting bit.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
            Let me be clear all polls are wrong particulary relating to Conservative candidates but they are the best comparison we have without a vote. Also the 538 was a projection not a poll.
            I didn't say 538's prediction was a poll, I said it was a prediction.

On the basis of your discrediting of 538, Rasmussen ought to be even further discredited - this is obvious.
            Last edited by Keane; 17-04-18, 10:56.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              Yes !
              SPOILER
              What were your thoughts? I kind of felt for Negan as he did stop when Rick asked him to think on Carl and give him 10 seconds. Hated Rick doing that to him, and I know we are supposed to hate the guy lol.

Wonder which way they are going with Maggie, not too sure on it and she kind of went down in my estimation there. Wasn't too bad an episode. I liked how the bullets failed and didn't expect that at all!

Comment

Congratulations to Manchester City on winning the English Premier League! Join us in celebrating our team, the champions, for making us and all their fans pr...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                  This will be July. Hoping to do Pamplona and San Sebastian pre Bilbao which gives 6 nights for France. 3 destinations for 2 nights be ideal, will prob drive so can check places out on the way too.
                  I know most people dont like it but I really enjoyed Marseille, lots to see and do and spent a day exploring the old world war 2 defence island in the harbour, the calanques were good as well.

Also you can stop off in Girona and El celler de can roca on the way.

I did Toulouse for Bastille day last year which was nice to be apart of,also went to a stage of the TdF just outside there on the way to Andorra

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                    I've moved address in last year. If I turn up at the polling station with my driving lenience which has my old address on it, is this sufficient ?
                    checktheregister.ie and if you are on that at your old address then you are good to go. Don't even need proof of address just proof of who you are (if asked for it).

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      Lot of cringe... no different from a lot of other clubs videos. Seem to remember an infamous arsenal one from years ago.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Do people generally change their opinion on abortion?

Idk I don't think pro-life people are as likely to be shy voters.
                        I would say the pro choice side are more likely to not show up on the day to vote tho so the vote will be closer than the poll.

I doubt people will change their mind but the undecided voters are most likely people who haven’t considered it much and won’t show up.

The reason I think it will be closer than same sex is most people have gay mates who will say that it’s something they want on an individual basis. Not so many casually talking about abortion with friends as something they want to improve their lives. The same sex vote had a lot of sure let them at it if they want type votes but this won’t.

Glad the polls are so one sided as the inevitable narrowing should still see ancomfortable margin. Except in donegal and Roscommon of course.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                          Anyone seen Lacasa De Papel (Money Heist) on netflix? On third episode and enjoying it so far. Feels a bit like Inside Man, so looks pretty good if you don't mind spanish.
                          Just finished the second season. Very fun show to watch. Like someone has said, it does stretch the bounds of believable at times, but very imaginative and not predictable. Can recommed.
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Polls always underestimate conservatives
                            Hmmmmm

said Theresa May
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Hmmmmm

said Theresa May
                              Easy to see why with all the reports on Twitter from pro-repeal people discovering their names have mysteriously vanished from the register

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                I know most people dont like it but I really enjoyed Marseille, lots to see and do and spent a day exploring the old world war 2 defence island in the harbour, the calanques were good as well.

Also you can stop off in Girona and El celler de can roca on the way.

I did Toulouse for Bastille day last year which was nice to be apart of,also went to a stage of the TdF just outside there on the way to Andorra
                                Will still be in Bilbao for Bastille day I just copped. Good gang of lads heading over for the BBK festival and a few of us are going on to Nice to see a few more places.

I guess we will be mainly looking to stay in lively towns but stuff like the Calanques you linked above is exactly what I'm looking for for during the day. It's been added to the list.

Girona looks decent too depending on which route we take.

Comment

I read somewhere before that I think it was the LA times or another Westcoast newspaper was the only major publication in the US that saw Trump winning.

I think Nate Silver has a pretty solid track record of prediction both in sport and in the political sphere. 538 is one of my go to sites for all sport related probabilities, their models are great.

Concluding that someone loses their credibility because they didn't envisage Trump winning is ridiculous. I believe his projections from 2008 pretty much solidify that from a relative perspective his projections are excellent.

Comment

Will still be in Bilbao for Bastille day I just copped. Good gang of lads heading over for the BBK festival and a few of us are going on to Nice to see a few more places.

I guess we will be mainly looking to stay in lively towns but stuff like the Calanques you linked above is exactly what I'm looking for for during the day. It's been added to the list.

Girona looks decent too depending on which route we take.
                                    This just popped up on A luxury travel blog. Potentially some good things in here for you.

There is a whole lot more to Provence than just wine and romance.  Only a short flight from the...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

City Video
                                      I've so much love for David Squires take on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        currently at extreme tilt level with my printer.....

1/ Macbook
                                        2/ HP Envy Printer
                                        3/ Working away fine, no issues, upgraded the Mac OS. Printer no longer works.
                                        4/ I've done everything possible to get it going to no avail. Suspect I've 5 or 6 hours wasted on it now. Is this a known issue, is there a quick fix?
                                        Roll back the update?

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Instruction 1

Print these instructions.

Comment

This will be July. Hoping to do Pamplona and San Sebastian pre Bilbao which gives 6 nights for France. 3 destinations for 2 nights be ideal, will prob drive so can check places out on the way too.
                                            Carcassonne, Avignon, both would be nice places for a 1-2 days stopover.

if you like the mountains, you could go via le pic du midi, and then down into Lourdes .

Les callanques, as trippie mentioned are amazing, but be mindful that most spots on the coast from Marseille to Monaco, are packed in the summer.

Plenty of short spots for visits along the way also.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              What were your thoughts? I kind of felt for Negan as he did stop when Rick asked him to think on Carl and give him 10 seconds. Hated Rick doing that to him, and I know we are supposed to hate the guy lol.

Wonder which way they are going with Maggie, not too sure on it and she kind of went down in my estimation there. Wasn't too bad an episode. I liked how the bullets failed and didn't expect that at all!
                                              SPOILER
                                              The bullets failing was predictable, it was a big part of the show so something was brewing. Negan didn’t deserve to live. Maggie got it right. He bashed in the skull of her husband in front of her WTF How can she feel otherwise? Would you forgive if it was Tony ? (would you move on with an older good looking man –an aside) Negan as a character was brilliant but no way should he have been allowed to live. The letters left me cold. Why couldn’t he just die and let me have my bloodbath?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                checktheregister.ie and if you are on that at your old address then you are good to go. Don't even need proof of address just proof of who you are (if asked for it).
                                                Tks, yeah good to go so.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  I wouldnt agree with that. The night is too good, still plenty of time for other parties if you're over for a few days.
                                                  Lineup for night looking great this year too. Plus bumper cars
                                                  Cheers, yea it was the night lineups that was really pushing it for me, there's more than enough to do around Barcelona during the day without partying all the way through. Malta - Barcelona Ryanair return is regularly under 50euro too.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    Cheers, yea it was the night lineups that was really pushing it for me, there's more than enough to do around Barcelona during the day without partying all the way through. Malta - Barcelona Ryanair return is regularly under 50euro too.
                                                    Get it booked ya won't regret it! Walking into the night Festival for first time you won't forget.
                                                    Well for some, even though I go every year I wait until after Xmas to book flights to ensure I pay about 200 for them. Next year I'll change
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Comment

interesting:

The Southern District team can’t bring Trump to trial while he is president. But if it finds evidence of felonies involving Trump, the team could name him as an unindicted co-conspirator in charges against Cohen. That would tell the world that the president is a crook. It would put substantial pressure on Congress to impeach Trump. And, after Trump’s presidency ends, whether at the end of his term or before, a criminal prosecution could await. The prospect of a trial would loom over whatever time in the presidency he has left

Comment

RIP Big Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                            They'll be heartbroken in Roscommon and East Galway.

Comment

The Walking Dead season finale -

SPOILER
                                                              It's become crazy predictable and it's totally gone off the boil as a show, it's not really doing anything new and it's just going in circles with people, Negan was dragged out over two seasons and ultimately it was a pretty big let down, it's not go to the level of me hate watching it like Dexter but I barely seen anything to do with it and normally I get to a season finale asap but I didn't bother watching it till this afternoon.

No good show can go on forever, and even if a show starts out fresh and interesting, it will lose steam if it stays on the air for too long. The Walking Dead...

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                Roll back the update?
                                                                Fucking fuck CVS and all who sail in her
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  The bullets failing was predictable, it was a big part of the show so something was brewing. Negan didn’t deserve to live. Maggie got it right. He bashed in the skull of her husband in front of her WTF How can she feel otherwise? Would you forgive if it was Tony ? (would you move on with an older good looking man –an aside) Negan as a character was brilliant but no way should he have been allowed to live. The letters left me cold. Why couldn’t he just die and let me have my bloodbath?

SPOILER
                                                                  In the comics this is what happened to Negan, so the show is sticking with that. I think I just like the other side of Negan. Yes he was a cunt with what he did to Glenn, but she is gonna be banging that young fella soon enough On the older goodlooking Tony replacement. Are you talking about Negan You are a hard man William, those letters were great. Brought a tear to this hard-faced bitch!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is unreal...would've cost millions half a decade ago...

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-04-18, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Surely there's generally some sort of manipulation around ImageNet tests though given how well understood that dataset is? As in that whatever method developed will have some inbuilt bias towards good ranking of ImageNet as it's the default.
                                                                              I'm not sure I follow, you mean you think because we understand the dataset that devs of these solutions are gaming it?
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The Next POTUS is going to be hailed as a humanitarian, intellectual, peace-making, politically savvy, economics genius, irrespective of whoever the fk he/she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                  The Next POTUS is going to be hailed as a humanitarian, intellectual, peace-making, politically savvy, economics genius, irrespective of whoever the fk he/she is.
                                                                                  I'm still expecting Trump to come out as transsexual in the next while, have the operation next year, and be (re)elected as the first female President in 2020.

Comment

North and South Korea in talks to end their 65 year war. Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump if this happens. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette!

Comment

Random tech question

My gmail/google account shows a number of active connections.
                                                                                      Onebis my one, two others PC via google chrome. It displays the IP address for these connections.

What exactly is that IP address?
                                                                                      It's not the local IP of my home computer. Even though I'm 90% sure that's the connection

Comment

Random tech question

Onebis my one, two others PC via google chrome. It displays the IP address for these connections.

It's not the local IP of my home computer. Even though I'm 90% sure that's the connection

Comment

North and South Korea in talks to end their 65 year war. Nobel Peace Prize for President Trump if this happens. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette!
                                                                                          Yeah but the big news is really some fella off the telly talking to the same lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                            Random tech question

It's the public IP address of your Internet connection ie modem/router. Google "what's my IP" on any device when you're connected at home and you'll find it straight away. It should match where the connection comes from in your Gmail account.

Comment

Random tech question

Its your external ip address that your home network shows to the outside world, the local ip address usually in the range 192.168.1.xxx is what you use within your network.

Comment

Fake news easy to spot right?

"We're entering an era in which our enemies can make anyone say anything at any point in time."Check out more awesome videos at BuzzFeedVideo!https://bit.ly/...
                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

On my macbook I use CMD + Shift + 4 to snip some of the screen, it saves it to desktop and then I've to attach it, etc.. Is there a snippy tool I can use that doesn't save it so I can auto paste it to email, chat etc?

In other news, printer still being a plank.
                                                                                                  Hold Ctrl at the same time and it copies to clipboard.

Comment

Yeah but the big news is really some fella off the telly talking to the same lawyer
                                                                                                    Some fella off the telly. Indeed

Comment

Where I'm looking North Korea is the main US/Trump story
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

On my macbook I use CMD + Shift + 4 to snip some of the screen, it saves it to desktop and then I've to attach it, etc.. Is there a snippy tool I can use that doesn't save it so I can auto paste it to email, chat etc?

In other news, printer still being a plank.
                                                                                                        I use Gyazo to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                          It's the public IP address of your Internet connection ie modem/router. Google "what's my IP" on any device when you're connected at home and you'll find it straight away. It should match where the connection comes from in your Gmail account.
                                                                                                          I checked that, no match. Reason I thought it was mine was because it was also logged into my Snapchat. Could it be simply a dynamic IP?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            I use Gyazo to do this.
                                                                                                            Prefer them with soy sauce myself wha #mikebullocks
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Hitch has got the game buying bug in me, picked up a classic (pandemic and it's expansion) where you travel the world stopping diseases, as well as deception, murder in hong kong, a game up to 12 players where you one of you is a murderer and the rest have to solve it, a short 20 minute party game that is great. All three for €45 so that's pretty good. Also considering picking up camel up and it's expansion for €30, a game where you race camels and bet on it, as I can't take part in any of RD's competitions I'll have my own

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 18-04-18, 11:31.

Comment

Serious question: what's a 'successful outcome' to these talks?

i.e. something long-lasting with a positive outcome for all Koreans

Comment

i.e. something long-lasting with a positive outcome for all Koreans
                                                                                                                  I'm not going to pretend to know the specifics of life for those on the Korean peninsula. But for President Trump a peace deal that ends the war is the win.

Comment

I'm not going to pretend to know the specifics of life for those on the Korean peninsula. But for President Trump a peace deal that ends the war is the win.
                                                                                                                    Do you you think he should be sharing the award with Kim-Jong?

Comment

Re-unification before 31/12/2020.

Comment

Do you you think he should be sharing the award with Kim-Jong?
                                                                                                                        No I think he would be the "sole" winner.

Comment

Picked up an Aeropress in Java republic, and a bag of specially ground beans. About to try.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X