Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    Another shock.
    when do a series of shocks stop being shocking and become a trend?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      when do a series of shocks stop being shocking and become a trend?
      The mid-terms will provide an adequate sample size.

Comment

The mid-terms will provide an adequate sample size.
        They certainly will!

Obviously you're backing President Trump to keep winning? Because that's what he does, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          fwiw I'd say that might happen, but if it does it will empower Trump quite significantly, as he'll return to being that very effective opposition politician raging how the democrats are stopping him doing anything. Probably the best thing to get him out in 2020 is to leave him with very marginal control of both houses and then hang him on his stupid decisions in 2020. E.g. the repeal Obamacare insane idea seems to have permanently damaged a decent core of support. Seems like a man who is best left with enough rope to do damage.
          a.k.a. that dreaded thing, 'the lame duck President'.

Comment

Podger had a good opening round in Houston.

Rooting for him!
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

It's not about what I think its the Republican base.
              The Democrats are never going to uncunt the GOP base, only death will do that. They don't need a rallying cry anyway, there's enough brown people to get them to the polls.

Anyway, this is a groundswell led by kids.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The Aintree Tipping Comp is this way and open for business.

My snot-nosed mini-me, eoghan104, will be along shortly to whip up a frenzy of marketing excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

Through the ringer, and a suggestion that it needs to change? Any change to that is an assault on our liberty.
                  You don't think its a problem that one of the most common serious crimes, which has terrible consequences for the victim, has a conviction rate in the single digits?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Maybe im a bit old school or something but i never got this whole new spit roasting thingy myself. I mean, say i was single & on the rip at a poker event, pull a cracker and off we go at it.... next thing say, i dunno Strewel or RD, pops out of the wardrobe dick in hand....well......
                      ye can play heads up on his back

Comment

The reality here is that only 3 or 4 people truly know the truth of what happened on the night in question.
                        Not so sure that’s the case. There is a good chance that the lads genuinely believe they did nothing wrong and the girl genuinely believes she didn’t consent. Think Olding’s statement bolsters this idea. Just a horrible case all around with no winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          You don't think its a problem that one of the most common serious crimes, which has terrible consequences for the victim, has a conviction rate in the single digits?
                          He's already answered that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Proper beat. Announced a fake pregnancy on twitter. Hangry = pregnancy some fucking how.
                            I'm dealing with a whirlwind of shit atm.
                            FMFL
                            I'm finding the fallout of this funnier than I should
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Survivor

SPOILER
                              #blindside

Not, fuck off James, it was a 50/50, idiot.

I can see army girl, swing vote in tribal going far.

Lots of big egos when we get to merge hopefully.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Those marching with both an I Believe Her banner and a Repeal The 8th T-Shirt really need some time to themselves for self reflection.
                                42% of women and 28% of men reported sexual abuse or assault in their lifetime, with ten per cent of women and three per cent of men experiencing penetrative abuse
                                Ah yeah. It's the women that need some time for self reflection alright.

Comment

I agree no winners, but I didn't suggest that only 3 or 4 people know if there was consent, I suggested that only 3 or 4 people really know what happened. Subtle but different, as covered already today I believe.
                                  Yeah but I don’t think that allows for the level of alcohol consumed by all of those 3 or 4. They were all fucked. Per Olding: “8 cans, 4 pints, 5 vodkas, 2 gins, 3 Shots”

The version of events given by the 3 lads in the room all differed wildly too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                    Any suggestions on how to improve the conviction rate?

What could we teach young people in school to help reduce the incidence of rape?
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I would just like to note that by far the most intelligible debate/analysis I have read on the trial has been on here.

Comment

Did she at any point say STOP, NO, YOU GUYS ARE RAPING ME, YOU GUYS ARE ASSAULTING ME? I've only read the text messages. If she didn't say STOP. How the feck are those drunken dopes to know that a groupie (that's the cap she wears in my book)
                                        was not consenting. I think its right this hangs over them though as it's stinks and displays at best a total lack of respect to the dignity a young girl barely out of school

Comment

Comment

Its quite clear the fault lies in the justice system from a guilty/ not guilty verdict.

Im sure the judge if allowed would have put a proportion blame on each person and sentence accordingly. I dont think a jury is required in these circumstances. Yes/No media aware

could never get a unamious verdict? why are people surpised.

i reckon doesnt havent to be unamious if a jury involved. so you just got get 1 ? ridiculous

Comment

I remember not so long ago, a year or so ago, being highly offended by the idea of consent classes, aimed at young men.

I remember thinking, 'nobody needs to teach people that you don't rape'.

I've gradually come to realise that it is needed, and that it's not about teaching young men not to rape, it's about teaching young men to respect women.

Emmet is totally right, what was said in the safe space of that whatssapp group is the norm. I've witnessed similar mysoginy countless times. From friends, normal people. My friends.

Where I feel Emmet is wrong is in feeling because it's the norm it's acceptable. The culture behind it is what's rotten.
                                              It's the reason the KPMG girl is the only one of that threesome to be ruined. It's the reason people you respect think the Belfast girl is lying because she said 'lol' in a morning after text, or didn't scream DON'T RAPE ME in capital letters.

We need to fucking change lads.

I have daughters to bring up in this country.

Comment

Comment

An economist does the trial in a surprisingly smart fashion. Thread...

Excellent.

Comment

Internet/Social media more often than not leaves me with an overriding irritable feeling these days, the abundance of hysterical opinions is jarring on the soul.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

lets move away from the negative shit! bit of good news:

Think me and Mia on SW 10 weeks? not sure. I thought I was quite good this week ended up 1.5 pounds up , I am guessing Citywest caught up a week later which is normal enough on SW, anyway ate all around ,me today like a bitch , however

Mia .... jesus christ like , weighed in last week was down half a pound and consultant said em your BMI is 21 , I think you have enough weight lost now etc etc

She weighs in today , now tbf eating non stop all week and is down a WHOPPING 4 pound ! ( 1.5 stone total loss ) I said Mia cmon on now yer grand ya skinny bitch , im Jealous lol , ah id like to keep going she goes . I decided yeah ok but twice a month . so so proud . if anyone of you have kids aged 12 to 15 and concerned about weight , I would 100% recommend SW .

Mia is not deprived btw , the biggest easter creme egg tonight as a treat well also her easter egg , gave me one and had one herself , left shell. so knows its all about you can have your treat but cmon 10 syns in that little creme egg , enjoy but portion control it.

Birthday next month wants a Fit Bit watch, so obv yep she can have that, all good .

Im just a fat bastard
                                                      Last edited by SatNav; 29-03-18, 23:47.
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Internet/Social media more often than not leaves me with an overriding irritable feeling these days, the abundance of hysterical opinions is jarring on the soul.
                                                        This place, podcasts and a bit of youtube is as close to social media as I get

Hotspur said avoid all that shit (24 hour news included) on here a few years ago, took his advice, he is not right often but...

If it annoys you...stop reading it

Occam's razor n' shit

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          This place, podcasts and a bit of youtube is as close to social media as I get

Hotspur said avoid all that shit (24 hour news included) on here a few years ago, took his advice, he is not right often but...

If it annoys you...stop reading it

Occam's razor n' shit
                                                          Think Sitch was having a dig at me, could be wrong.

It's interesting though, I've had a fair bit of negativity in here of late when expressing opinions around this. It's not comfortable, not something I like. It's why it's difficult for men to speak up around their friends, when that meme is shared, or that joke. Who wants to be the outlier ?

Comment

Shut the fuck up lazare.

Comment

Or is it go fuck yourself?

Comment

Comment

Cash for life fairy was going strong when I lived there years ago.
                                                                  Catchy jingle too.
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Fairly certain it was just a dig at how people communicate on twitter and fb. Don't really know how people communicate on fb, but twitter is very irritating as it brings out either the most righteous or stupid in people. Often the righteousness is worse than the stupidity. Have had to mute way too many words on there. Homelessness, mainsplaining, being the two key muting term victories in terms of calming down.
                                                                    180 characters doesn't give people a lot of room for nuance. Also, I've noticed people purposely go for the most outrageous line to get them RTs

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                        Think Sitch was having a dig at me, could be wrong.

It's interesting though, I've had a fair bit of negativity in here of late when expressing opinions around this. It's not comfortable, not something I like. It's why it's difficult for men to speak up around their friends, when that meme is shared, or that joke. Who wants to be the outlier ?
                                                                        That's normal, it's a difficult subject and people feel they are being told off for their thoughts/behaviour. There is nothing in the world as boring or useless as two people agreeing with each other.

Comment

#hangrygate
                                                                          Touché
                                                                          Still dealing with that.
                                                                          Thankfully Mrs DP took it well

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                            lets move away from the negative shit! bit of good news:

Think me and Mia on SW 10 weeks? not sure. I thought I was quite good this week ended up 1.5 pounds up , I am guessing Citywest caught up a week later which is normal enough on SW, anyway ate all around ,me today like a bitch , however

Mia .... jesus christ like , weighed in last week was down half a pound and consultant said em your BMI is 21 , I think you have enough weight lost now etc etc

She weighs in today , now tbf eating non stop all week and is down a WHOPPING 4 pound ! ( 1.5 stone total loss ) I said Mia cmon on now yer grand ya skinny bitch , im Jealous lol , ah id like to keep going she goes . I decided yeah ok but twice a month . so so proud . if anyone of you have kids aged 12 to 15 and concerned about weight , I would 100% recommend SW .

Mia is not deprived btw , the biggest easter creme egg tonight as a treat well also her easter egg , gave me one and had one herself , left shell. so knows its all about you can have your treat but cmon 10 syns in that little creme egg , enjoy but portion control it.

Birthday next month wants a Fit Bit watch, so obv yep she can have that, all good .

Im just a fat bastard
                                                                            That is just amazing Michelle, great she has been so focused and done so well.
                                                                            I have a fitbit and I love it. Our eldest wants one as well (That's Christmas sorted)

I am avoiding eggs like the plague, wont be going near the kids eggs haha. Saw some amazing one in the local supermarket. Almost caved!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              Andy and Rigger go most weeks yeah. I'm off tomorrow so joined in tonight.

Should defo organise that
                                                                              Next time you're in Malta, give me a shout

I organise one in my house every few weeks and they're great fun. There's also 3/4 regular ones in walking distance. Always a great night out for a group!

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                Shut the fuck up lazare.
                                                                                Had a dream about you Chad. Think we were in a car or something, it's fuzzy.

Comment

Were there Illinois Nazis involved?

Comment

They walked as innocent men to the court and they walked out as innocent men from the court. This idea of saying they aren't innocent is rubbish, unless someone is convicted of a crime laid down by the laws of the land they are innocent people. This is a fundamental right/understanding of everyone living in a country.

For example, cheating on your partner may be morally wrong in some peoples eyes but you are still innocent of any crime. People are confusing their own strict moral compasses with the actual law.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Were there Illinois Nazis involved?
                                                                                      I hate Illinois Nazis.

Comment

I assume off licences will be open today??

Comment

For tonight?

Andy rigger and myself gone to the grand social quiz

Realise this may be of no use to you now
                                                                                          You ever go to the one in Ashbourne in Kelly's on a Thursday? Was there last night while it was on, even though we weren't in it. Good crowd in the pub, questions weren't mad difficult either. They did have one obviously wrong answer though which irritated me.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            Survivor

SPOILER
                                                                                            #blindside

Not, fuck off James, it was a 50/50, idiot.

I can see army girl, swing vote in tribal going far.

Lots of big egos when we get to merge hopefully.
                                                                                            My buddy Chad got me involved in a Survivor Fantasy Draft a couple years back but I've not participated in the last couple as I couldn't be arsed to research the upcoming season. He's currently in Reno at a poker event and it always seems to draw a few of the Survivor people.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Who was driving?

Comment

I'm in a pub eating a roll with sausages. Truly is a Good Friday.

Comment

I assume off licences will be open today??
                                                                                                  Off-license may or may not have been open or closed where I am. Didn't bother to check as had beer in fridge.. so meh. Having beer on sofa now watching Babylon Berlin.
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                    Who was driving?
                                                                                                    I think you were, wracking my brain trying to remember the deets. I think there was fun and danger in equal measures though.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                      Off-license may or may not have been open or closed where I am. Didn't bother to check as had beer in fridge.. so meh. Having beer on sofa now watching Babylon Berlin.
                                                                                                      Enjoy. Be Monday by the time I get home from your offie, sure they'll definitely be open here by then. Cheers anyway.

Comment

Anyone remember John Wayne’s cameo as a Roman guard in Kings of Kings (some Jesus flick). Saying ‘This man is truly the son of god’ in the same tone as he’d say ‘ Get off your pony and drink you’re milk’. I always found it hysterical. Someone told me recently that it was a John Wayne impersonator. (could be an urban myth like Bob Holiness playing Sax on Baker Street –untrue) I dunno. It’s still hilarious. To give more credence and gravity to the moment Jesus dies on the cross, up pops the Duke with the line and delivered with authority - I said he’s the son of gawd so he’s the son of gawd. Anyway, was always me fav Good Friday movie moment.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          You ever go to the one in Ashbourne in Kelly's on a Thursday? Was there last night while it was on, even though we weren't in it. Good crowd in the pub, questions weren't mad difficult either. They did have one obviously wrong answer though which irritated me.
                                                                                                          No and I've said to herself we should go. Bitta craic of a Thursday.

What was the obvious question?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone remember John Wayne’s cameo as a Roman guard in Kings of Kings (some Jesus flick). Saying ‘This man is truly the son of god’ in the same tone as he’d say ‘ Get off your pony and drink you’re milk’. I always found it hysterical. Someone told me recently that it was a John Wayne impersonator. (could be an urban myth like Bob Holiness playing Sax on Baker Street –untrue) I dunno. It’s still hilarious. To give more credence and gravity to the moment Jesus dies on the cross, up pops the Duke with the line and delivered with authority - I said he’s the son of gawd so he’s the son of gawd. Anyway, was always me fav Good Friday movie moment.
                                                                                                            Serious absence of those sort of biblical epic films on RTE on Good Friday these days.
                                                                                                            BBC2 thankfully saving us from the heathens with The Robe at 4pm.

Comment

Latest is a juror in the trial allegedly posted comments on broadsheet.ie after the verdict and an Irish Times staff member allegedly reported it to the Lord Chief Justice.

Comment

No and I've said to herself we should go. Bitta craic of a Thursday.

What was the obvious question?
                                                                                                                The question was what year was google founded, and there were multiple choice answers of 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004. The correct answer was 1998 (I remember using it in 1998/99 in college) but they said the answer was 2000. Unless there is some mad technicality or something I'm missing, the answer was wrong. It is 2 quid a head to enter, not sure of the prizes,we left before they were handed out and the microphone/speakers weren't great so missed it at the start. The questions are all on the tellies though so no need to hear them properly.

Comment

Latest is a juror in the trial allegedly posted comments on broadsheet.ie after the verdict and an Irish Times staff member allegedly reported it to the Lord Chief Justice.
                                                                                                                  And now Paddy Jackson has announced his intention to sue Aodhan O’Riordáin for defamation. The whole thing is a never ending mess.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                    And now Paddy Jackson has announced his intention to sue Aodhan O’Riordáin for defamation. The whole thing is a never ending mess.
                                                                                                                    It would appear he has a very very good chance of winning that case.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      The question was what year was google founded, and there were multiple choice answers of 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004. The correct answer was 1998 (I remember using it in 1998/99 in college) but they said the answer was 2000. Unless there is some mad technicality or something I'm missing, the answer was wrong. It is 2 quid a head to enter, not sure of the prizes,we left before they were handed out and the microphone/speakers weren't great so missed it at the start. The questions are all on the tellies though so no need to hear them properly.
                                                                                                                      Yep, 1998 is right and just Googled it (lol) and cant see anything about 2000, wiki says it was put on the stock exchange or something in 2004 but I don't really understand all that. Dunno how he could come up with 2000 tho.

Comment

Loads of crazy people going past my house in a religious procession for good friday, weird. All are like 70.

Friend made me this easter egg filled with honeycomb and mini crunchies, so good.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 30-03-18, 13:57.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X