Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quincy Jones Tells it like he sees it

class
    Currently in the midst of an extended victory lap ahead of his turning 85 in March, the music legend talks like he has nothing to lose.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      You don't get my level of awesome without it
      Between yourself and GAB I’m getting twitchy...
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        Between yourself and GAB I’m getting twitchy...
        We tend to have that effect on the ladies.

That was a long day. First job I've resigned from since 2000!
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ticket Begging

Looking to nab a late pair of tickets for the Italy game on Saturday. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Comment

We tend to have that effect on the ladies.

That was a long day. First job I've resigned from since 2000!
            Lol! It’s a pity they didn’t walk you out. Need to be resigning from more jobs in that case!
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

class
                http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quinc...versation.html
                Never liked him but a great read

Comment

class
                  I stopped reading at bono makes me stay at his castle because Ireland is so racist

Comment

Any CIMA experts here?

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    I can only resign to the fact your a wind up merchant. A pretty good one to be fair
                    Trump ticking along nicely, hope you've put my money aside.

class
                    He's a racist.
                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...a-hornets-nest

The usual from the Guardian

Comment

Was hoping for a spot of gardening over the next month but not to be. Will have to settle for a new job instead.
                        Same.

Thankfully I’m leaving a global bank (NT) and getting out of the industry. Thankless life in them.

Comment

It's not often you score 20 yeard screamer into the top corner......of your own net!

Comment

Trudeau been slated for "mansplaining". Being killed by the culture he was a big part in creating!
                            Last edited by jack90210; 07-02-18, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                              Trudeau been slated for "mansplaining". Being killed by the culture he was a big part in creating!
                              What do you think of said culture?

Comment

Comment

You should go more Daily Express for effect.

Trudeau been SLATED for "mansplaining". Being KILLED by the culture he was a BIG part in creating!

Comment

You need to up your game. This will hardly get a laugh, never mind a bite

Comment

How much time is standard to wait for a deposit to be given back on a rented house/room.

It was owner occupied, friend of friend type situation. He's a nice guy, good job etc. It was never advertised but always paid via the bank transfer, not cash in hand type thing.

The room was left as found with everything cleaned out, bathroom, fridge etc so there shouldn't be any issues there.

Comment

Went to Kendrick Lamar at the 3arena last night. I've been to a ton of hip-hop gigs and he was absolutely phenomenal. Saw him a few years a go and he's really come on leaps and bounds

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                          How much time is standard to wait for a deposit to be given back on a rented house/room.

It was owner occupied, friend of friend type situation. He's a nice guy, good job etc. It was never advertised but always paid via the bank transfer, not cash in hand type thing.

The room was left as found with everything cleaned out, bathroom, fridge etc so there shouldn't be any issues there.
                                          If the handover was done correctly, ie both parties met, went over the property, handed over the keys, etc. it should be done in the next couple of weeks (being generous).

Comment

Immediately!

Once you are he is happy bills paid, house good etc... Pay that man his money
                                            Last edited by Guest; 08-02-18, 12:03. Reason: Misread!?

Comment

...RIP Irish football ... In related news, the GOAT has retired from international football today...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                Went to Kendrick Lamar at the 3arena last night. I've been to a ton of hip-hop gigs and he was absolutely phenomenal. Saw him a few years a go and he's really come on leaps and bounds
                                                I generally speaking don't listen to any new hip hop so dismissed him at first but he is definitely worth the hype. Quality albums. Can imagine live was brilliant
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  If the handover was done correctly, ie both parties met, went over the property, handed over the keys, etc. it should be done in the next couple of weeks (being generous).
                                                  If I didn't have my deposit in a week after moving I'd be making constant phonecalls. In the past I've refused to pay last month's rent and let them keep deposit to avoid any messing. Not always gonna get away with that one though.
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I'm not worried atm, more curious of what's standard practice. I was due to move out last Sunday but moved Saturday instead.

He hasn't asked me for my bank details, I don't think he has them so I was wondering at what point do I give him a text with my details if I don't hear from him.

I'll give him till early next week and send him a text if I don't hear from him by then.

Comment

I'm not worried atm, more curious of what's standard practice. I was due to move out last Sunday but moved Saturday instead.

He hasn't asked me for my bank details, I don't think he has them so I was wondering at what point do I give him a text with my details if I don't hear from him.

I'll give him till early next week and send him a text if I don't hear from him by then.
                                                      Does he not have them from the bank transfers for rent?

If not,text him today, "sorry mate, forgot to give you my bank details when I left"

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        If I didn't have my deposit in a week after moving I'd be making constant phonecalls. In the past I've refused to pay last month's rent and let them keep deposit to avoid any messing. Not always gonna get away with that one though.
                                                        i agree! I just think 2 weeks is what i'd be happy to give as leeway.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          Does he not have them from the bank transfers for rent?

If not,text him today, "sorry mate, forgot to give you my bank details when I left"
                                                          Do you have the necessary details from receiving a transfer to send a transfer. If so, then yes he has them.

As I said I'm not worried so I'll give him another while. Once I'm not way off the mark on the standard time frame I'm happy enough to wait.

Comment

Irish landlords are fond of retaining deposits in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                              Irish landlords are fond of retaining deposits in my opinion.
                                                              Yeah good few chancers out there, not paying the last months rent def the way to go if you think there’s a chance of it (you can usually tell if they are the type)

Comment

In Liverpool for a funeral. SatMav routed us down a few interesting boulevards.

Grade A kip. Up there with Cardiff.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In Liverpool for a funeral. SatMav routed us down a few interesting boulevards.

Grade A kip. Up there with Cardiff.
                                                                  imagine if they didn't have football there. Shudder to think what would become of the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    There's already cancer labels on packs of cigs?
                                                                    Cigs are way more of a cancer risk than others surely?
                                                                    Are we gonna start slapping cancer risk labels on processed meat? (including those lovely preserved Hams Strew gets in),because they are up there with alcohol in terms of cancer risk.have never heard it suggested,wonder why?

Comment

Not to mention the beautiful accent. A woman in boots saying moist-urrr-eyezzz-aaaaa still haunts me to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                        imagine if they didn't have football there. Shudder to think what would become of the place.
                                                                        It's grim up north

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          You should go more Daily Express for effect.

Trudeau been SLATED for "mansplaining". Being KILLED by the culture he was a BIG part in creating!
                                                                          There is an attempted left wing takeover of the Express underway at the moment actually!

Comment

Other thing about the alcohol warning labels is it will disproportionately affect craft beer breweries due to having to label product for Ireland and international markets differently (a hit the big multis will take easily)

Comment

There is an attempted left wing takeover of the Express underway at the moment actually!
                                                                              What ya mean, one corporate entity trying to buy another corporate entity?

Thought that shit would be right down your street!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                There was a serious proposal amongst Thatchers cabinet to permanently shut the city down, and encourage residents to relocate to whichever of Manchester or Birmingham they preferred.

Comment

It’s great that the Facebook backlash is gathering pace,took long enough mind.
                                                                                  Obv wishful thinking to hope Zuck ends up on the streets,but I’d be happy with draconian regulations which end up severely limiting their profitability

Also you have to say Elon bless the EU for all good fighting they are doing against google and Facebook on data protection

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                    ...RIP Irish football ... In related news, the GOAT has retired from international football today...
                                                                                    Are you talking about Wes?

You think he is the greatest international footballer of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      Are you talking about Wes?

You think he is the greatest international footballer of all time?
                                                                                      He had offers from Barca, AC Milan, and Juve but turned them all down for the love of Norwich.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Eamon Dunphy on suicide watch

Comment

I get the Weso love but I remember him being probably the best player on the pitch for Shels against Deportivo in the champions league qualifiers. He didn't realise that potential til a few years ago and it didn't last long. He's more a wasted talent than a legend of anything imo. What could of been. He at least broke the trend of Ireland producing 37 mediocre left wingers a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                I really don't think different stickers for different bottles have been expensive or complicated to do for about a century.
                                                                                                So it isn’t a pain in the hole for a small company doing a run of cans to take down the line so label can be changed when doing a run of the exact same product? Ok

Are you ok with prosciutto and Serrano ham having to display a picture of a diseased bowel that covers 1/3 of its packaging?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  So it isn’t a pain in the hole for a small company doing a run of cans to take down the line so label can be changed when doing a run of the exact same product? Ok
                                                                                                  Presumably their existing export labels aren't littered with 'visit drinkaware.ie' messages, so they are already using multiple labels.

Comment

Phantom thread: Incredible performance by DDL and beautifully shot, but can't help but feel disappointed over the whole film. I was really hoping for a "there will be blood" level of magnitude, but sadly, as the title suggests, this one is all in the detail.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Presumably their existing export labels aren't littered with 'visit drinkaware.ie' messages, so they are already using multiple labels.
                                                                                                      Craft beer brewers must not have to add that, just pulled a Galway bay foam and fury out of the fridge and there is no drinkaware marking or any marking that would be specific to the irish market

Comment

This guy is insane.

Has a prop bet that he will play 20,000 $100 Spin & Go's in a month. I can multi table 20 tables myself, but stacking multiple Spins like this and trying to concentrate for 12 hours a day would make my brain explode!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Craft beer brewers must not have to add that, just pulled a Galway bay foam and fury out of the fridge and there is no drinkaware marking or any marking that would be specific to the irish market
                                                                                                          Have that same beer. The drink aware sticker is on the base funnily enough. Small red label

Comment

Are you ok with prosciutto and Serrano ham having to display a picture of a diseased bowel that covers 1/3 of its packaging?
                                                                                                            The level of risk from Alcohol and processed meats are not comparable in absolute terms of normal consumption or in the relative between normal and excessive use.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 08-02-18, 16:03.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              This guy is insane.

Has a prop bet that he will play 20,000 $100 Spin & Go's in a month. I can multi table 20 tables myself, but stacking multiple Spins like this and trying to concentrate for 12 hours a day would make my brain explode!

https://www.twitch.tv/freeqone
                                                                                                              You should have put a health warning on that for anybody suffering from Epilepsy.
                                                                                                              He must be off his face, watch his head movement.
                                                                                                              What are the rest of the details for the prop bet do you know?

Edit: found the 2+2 thread. The picture of the mouse and keyboard settings is class.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Hooch; 08-02-18, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                                You should have put a health warning on that for anybody suffering from Epilepsy.
                                                                                                                He must be off his face, watch his head movement.
                                                                                                                What are the rest of the details for the prop bet do you know?
                                                                                                                He's just dancing to the music, because all of his tables are tiled

Here's his 2+2 thread

Comment

@Flushdraw What poker streamers do you tend to watch?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Lol @ the Fitz. May as well.just post "it's our way or fuck off". Only ever played there once, horrible place, horrible staff and swore I'd never go back. Happy with that decision seeing recent posts

Comment

It’s great that the Facebook backlash is gathering pace,took long enough mind.
                                                                                                                          Obv wishful thinking to hope Zuck ends up on the streets,but I’d be happy with draconian regulations which end up severely limiting their profitability

Also you have to say Elon bless the EU for all good fighting they are doing against google and Facebook on data protection
                                                                                                                          Kids don't use Facebook. Just another sly attempt at internet regulation." Oh think of the children". Facebook won't ruin little Johnny. Lazy, self-centered parents who couldn't be arsed managing their kids internet usage will. Two year olds constantly getting ipads shoved in their face by parents who want the quiet life and time to update their profile.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X