Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted here a while ago that we closed a major new A/c in work.

One of our European VP's was a corporate sponsor on the A/c. He apparently has a large and very good wine cellar in London. Before we won it, he told us that if we closed it, he would send a few bottles over to me and the sales manager.

Turns out, he is coming over next month and wants to do dinner and bring the wine with him and have it with dinner.

Only good BYOB I can think of is Vintage Kitchen (which I am more than happy to go with) but just wondering if there are any other good BYOB restaurants that people would recommend?

Here's hoping the rumours about his wine collection are true and that he brings the good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

One of our European VP's was a corporate sponsor on the A/c. He apparently has a large and very good wine cellar in London. Before we won it, he told us that if we closed it, he would send a few bottles over to me and the sales manager.

Turns out, he is coming over next month and wants to do dinner and bring the wine with him and have it with dinner.

Only good BYOB I can think of is Vintage Kitchen (which I am more than happy to go with) but just wondering if there are any other good BYOB restaurants that people would recommend?

Here's hoping the rumours about his wine collection are true and that he brings the good stuff
      GFYLL

Comment

DJ is the new Tiger . Awesome form .

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Always feel so sketchy in opticians, trying on their frames to see what to buy online, like using HMV to figure out what to download.

Picked some out today and they are €200 cheaper online with loads more options thrown in for free (Thinner lens, anti-reflective and anti-UV coating etc so realistically save €325.), holy mother, how do B&M stay open, just hoping people never learn about shopping online?

Yet not supporting them means they would shut...where would you even get an eye test if they all closed down? Amalgamate into pharmacies?

Also the price of and decent looking glasses frames is a joke, shouldn't really feel bad for Luxottica.
          Where did you shop online? I have my latest details from Specsavers - is this all you need to order them?

Comment

Shirley anywhere wil let you BYO as long as you pay corkage?
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Shirley anywhere wil let you BYO as long as you pay corkage?
              I wouldn't have thought so, never seen it advertised to be honest. Maybe places do allow it but don't promote it too much. Shirley the mark up they have on the wine is way greater than what they would charge for corkage.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought so, never seen it advertised to be honest. Maybe places do allow it but don't promote it too much. Shirley the mark up they have on the wine is way greater than what they would charge for corkage.
                Maybe call first and ask but I'd have thought it was standard. Horsehead Elite types could confirm I'm sure.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Would be v surprised if the likes of chapter one couldnt accommodate that.
                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                    Where did you shop online? I have my latest details from Specsavers - is this all you need to order them?
                    There are a few sites, I used spex4less as they had the cheapest of my pair.
                    You need your pupilliary distance if it's not on your prescription. You can measure it yourself or get a friend to do it, guides online. You can also ask them for it, they have to tell you under the data protection act. They often don't want to as they know people use it to buy glasses online.
                    Here are some more sites http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055470962

Please don't ruin this like my wine site IPB...
                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-03-17, 15:29.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Maybe call first and ask but I'd have thought it was standard. Horsehead Elite types could confirm I'm sure.
                      Confirmed GTFO will be your standard response to such a request.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Apparently Dublin Bus and Irish Rail balloting for strike action now too. CIE and all it's derivatives can go fuck themselves.

Should be utterly ashamed of themselves, but I know they don't give a fuck about the public, so they won;t care what people think of them and how much they are putting people out.

Comment

'SIPTU representatives in Dublin Bus and Irish Rail have declared their intention to ballot for industrial action in sympathy with and in support of their colleagues in Bus Éireann.'
                          Send a card.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            Apparently Dublin Bus and Irish Rail balloting for strike action now too. CIE and all it's derivatives can go fuck themselves.

Should be utterly ashamed of themselves, but I know they don't give a fuck about the public, so they won;t care what people think of them and how much they are putting people out.
                            I'm liking the stages of your movement to 'flaming anger' on this issue.

Think your Mrs is a teacher though? In which case accept the +EV of the PS rapage.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                              DJ is the new Tiger . Awesome form .
                              Without googling I'm guessing hooker coke binge here

Comment

shower thought - Were Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt etc absolutely exceptional human beings or is it that they were put on a pedestal by history.

In 100 years time will people look back at Trump, Putin, Teresa May etc in the same way

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Without googling I'm guessing hooker coke binge here
                                  Hes tiger in reverse, got the coke and hookers out of the way. Dominating now
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    I'm liking the stages of your movement to 'flaming anger' on this issue.

Think your Mrs is a teacher though? In which case accept the +EV of the PS rapage.
                                    Me getting to work conveniently is my main concern as it will lead to no pay if I'm not in. In about 5 weeks hopefully I'll have left the CIE related cunts of travel companies behind, and be relying on private bus companies instead. Should cut out most of this nonsense. I don't fancy a 5 mile walk to work. Borrowing the wife's bike might be a real possibility, which won't be too great.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                      Anyone any experience with health screenings, blood tests etc? I remember it being discussed either here or on boards, looking at Mellor, V4V and Tar I guess?

These are available in my local hospital - http://www.stjameshospital.com/site1...creening-unit/
                                      I take bloods on myself once a year, BP etc etc

To be honest any good GP will provide the service above for a fraction of the cost. Lots of screening at our age is unnecessary but a reassurance run over once and awhile is grand

Comment

Strewelpeter now feeling the excitement the rest of us feel before a MUFC/Pool game.

Comment

Emmanuel by a whisker
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tuned into super autisitc monday.

And it's liveeeee

Comment

Incredible knowledge , not a single starter has gone unanswered so far

Comment

Comment

Rashomon

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    I usually get a basic one done every 12-18 months.
                                                    Blood pressure, blood profile, cholesterol, testosterone, liver function.
                                                    Haven't ever got into the detail of the EKG stuff, but can't be a bad thing.
                                                    Good Luck bohsman your GP will order the tests they want you to take. And you will need your doctor to understand the results. The doctor will order them from the hospital.

Comment

Incredible knowledge. Must have brain of an eleohant ..good contest too

Comment

No need to Google eleohant.

Typo

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          Incredible knowledge. Must have brain of an eleohant ..good contest too
                                                          Brain of an elephant ...heart of a lion!

Comment

Oh man
                                                            Donald Trump 'printed out fake £300bn Nato invoice and handed it to Angela Merkel'

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                              Ouch! Both looking for broken thumbs. Likeable chaps though.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                Ouch! Both looking for broken thumbs. Likeable chaps though.
                                                                Thats odd, I heard that thing about breaking your thumbs by having them closed in your fist for the first time in my life just last week

Comment

Jaysus David Davis, human slime Melanie Philips and this weeks UKIP leader making Brexit sound as smart and well thought out as a Trump plan

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Noticed the baby's eye colour has changed from my wife's brown-green to my dazzling blue over the last few weeks. That's a bit strange, to change your actual eyeballs? Simplest explanation is it's just a different baby, but Google suggests change in eye colour happens if you start with a minority colour. Anyone seen that before?
                                                                      Extremely common.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Noticed the baby's eye colour has changed from my wife's brown-green to my dazzling blue over the last few weeks. That's a bit strange, to change your actual eyeballs? Simplest explanation is it's just a different baby, but Google suggests change in eye colour happens if you start with a minority colour. Anyone seen that before?
                                                                        Usually it would have gone from blue to brown when it happens I would have thought.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Remember reading something ages ago about blue eyes being like a virus that has spread through the population. Actual brown Asian eyes are dominant, i think, but brown-green are maybe a weaker presence?
                                                                              Blue and green are recessive genes, brown is the dominant one generally. Same with hair. Brown and black are more dominant than blonde and ginger.

Comment

Hitches eyes are generally red imo

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  Oh man
                                                                                  Donald Trump 'printed out fake £300bn Nato invoice and handed it to Angela Merkel'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7650636.html
                                                                                  Not to worry, at least record numbers approve of his job perf....oh wait.

No doubt this will result in some ludicrous tweetstorm blaming Hilary and Schwarzenegger though. This is what winning looks like folks, are you sick of winning yet.

Comment

Bought a 50 bottle wine fridge/ager there. Suggestions for mid priced bottles to throw into it for a few years? Have Bordeaux already covered but am a bit clueless beyond there.

Comment

Perennial bbv mention meerlust rubicon can take 5 years aging very well
                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Remember reading something ages ago about blue eyes being like a virus that has spread through the population. Actual brown Asian eyes are dominant, i think, but brown-green are maybe a weaker presence?
                                                                                        Mia has dark brown eyes with 1/4 blue in one. Weird.
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                          Shouldn't of slept with a relation m8

Comment

So Trump is showing what he means by using his business genius to make America great, stealing from employees and contractors.

Trump Repeals Regulation Protecting Workers From Wage Theft

Comment

I exported their entire manufacturing line from their plant in Mullingar a few years ago. Was too expensive to run in Ireland apparently.

Think they just have sales and marketing there now
                                                                                              that used to be based in Central Park in the vodafone building but thats gone too now
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

Congratulations on your baby Hitch!
                                                                                                  I thought they could only change from Blue to Brown. It's due to light which stimulates the production of melanin.

I don't know though. Anything is possible.

Comment

Red indeed!

Mad that a baby can just wake up with new eyes though.

Finished out my latest drinking bout with the last bit of Enders Game. That is such a fantastic book that i kinda judge our reading thread for not recommending it.
                                                                                                    Elf child :P

Just like me

I am sure she is beautiful.

Congrats x

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      I think unusual eyes are really beautiful. I always notice people's eyes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                          Elf child :P

Just like me

I am sure she is beautiful.

Congrats x
                                                                                                          Ever see the Black Mirror episode where your one desperately tries to get the perfect approval rating by being disingenuously nice on social media?
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                            Ever see the Black Mirror episode where your one desperately tries to get the perfect approval rating by being disingenuously nice on social media?

Comment

That was the episode after your man asks someone to delete something and didnt reply thanks after pm'ing him. Ungrateful.

Great show.

Comment

Never watched that show. And I am lovely! :P Just a bit sensitive.

Comment

Lol, twas a good episode. China is testing this at the moment, I'm sure it will be worldwide in our lifetime.

Comment

Maybe we should start it on here, I'd rate myself a 0.8, all the Trump talk shaved off 2.0 for sure. Chadders and LSC gotta be 4.6's.

Comment

Some are born for greatness and stuff china is testing on.

I was born for cuteness...ever since i was born i have had this feeling i was born for cuteness ...something ..i dunno wut ..but something cute...

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                        Maybe we should start it on here, I'd rate myself a 0.8, all the Trump talk shaved off 2.0 for sure. Chadders and LSC gotta be 4.6's.
                                                                                                                        Rate me for cuteness! ?? Be honest!

Comment

"It smells grey. Is that possible!?"Make sure to subscribe to Facts. http://goo.gl/yEIawC- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Fac...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X