Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        time to start a ww game so!
        Can I join?

Comment

On that topic, started reading Gut this morning. Have already found out I (and you) have been shitting wrong since getting out of nappies. Seemingly the style of pooing adopted in the west causes massive strain on your sphincter, hence why haemorrhoids are an almost exclusively western phenomenon. Squatting over a hole in the ground is apparently the Grand Cru of pooping.

The Roaul Duke's solved this during their bathroom remodelling of 2015.
          Rounders read about it in Reader's Digest and Dice is planning on converting us all to squatty shitters soon. Squatty shitters will be the new decking.
          Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 20-02-17, 14:25.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              Pretty sure LL gave us all the lowdown on this in the BBV some time last year.
              Linked something like this

AFAIR

Wonder did he buy one in the end?

Comment

Would it be standard in a modern office nowadays to say you're popping out for a haircut, back in 30, or is that something you still need to do on your own time?
                Totally. Except for stating the fact that you're popping out (to back a horse, meet a recruiter, get your hair cut, w/e). I certainly never tell anyone.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Also interesting that a lot of Silicon Valley bigwigs don't seem to share the utopian view of the outcome of increasing automation that a few on here do.
                  Quite a few of them snapping up large tracts of land in remote locations (like NZ) in anticipation of the backlash. Not too confident it's going to be as smooth as the horse to car changeover I guess (which was only smooth if you want to overlook the horse holocaust)
                  I haven't seen many on here singing the praises of a Utopian future through automation? It isn't something we are ready for as a society or have thought about enough to have any real solutions towards it. I see Gates, Musk and a few others all supporting a living wage in the last week.

This is quite a long but good read on the BBC website. it may be pseudo-sciencey but it is interesting stuff either way.

The strange link between the human mind and quantum physics

After finishing reading that article I somehow clicked on the link to this video straight after. I can't take the current level of mindboggling-ness. I need to lie down

Watch the other part: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQVmkDUkZT4&feature=youtu.behttp://www.cgpgrey.comMusic: http://www.daveconservatoire.org/ - Mark Gove...

Opr
                  Last edited by Opr; 20-02-17, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                    The Roaul Duke's solved this during their bathroom remodelling of 2015.
                    Rounders read about it in Reader's Digest and Dice is planning on converting us all to squatty shitters soon. Squatty shitters will be the new decking.
                    That was actually the biggest issue in the entire build (builder hanging jacks at ridic. low height).

He was insistent this was correct until I asked him to sit on the throne and show me. He then conceded the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

AFAIR

A pair of arseless trousers?

Comment

oops Thread is a bit whiffy

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Totally. Except for stating the fact that you're popping out (to back a horse, meet a recruiter, get your hair cut, w/e). I certainly never tell anyone.
                          Absolutely, and unless you're taking the piss no one cares. If they do care then get a different job. Obviously anyone who works in a call centre or similar won't get away with this very much.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Half our office goes for runs and gym classes at lunch time. I'd never see going anywhere for your lunch as an issue, let alone just a haircut.

Also somebody said they had their curiosity peaked on here earlier, I hope they meant piqued or they are not going to have a very fun life from here on out.
                                Reminds me of when I said to somebody to bare with me, seems like an invitation to undress.
                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-02-17, 16:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  Half our office goes for runs and gym classes at lunch time. I'd never see going anywhere for your lunch as an issue, let alone just a haircut.

Also somebody said they had their curiosity peaked on here earlier, I hope they meant piqued or they are not going to have a very fun life from here on out.
                                  Reminds me of when I said to somebody to bare with me, seems like an invitation to undress.
                                  I think Hitch is more talking about the practice of deciding at 3.45 that you'll nip out for 30 mins to get a haircut, not at lunch.

Comment

We have public calendars. Everyone makes fake meetings.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

AFAIR

Legs up on anything a foot high will do the trick. Makes a big difference imo.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                        Legs up on anything a foot high will do the trick. Makes a big difference imo.
                                        Jesus now I know why I was gone for a while, this thread has gone to shit...
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                          Hi

Comment

thats the way it should be. Really liked that shrap negotiation in his previous job where he said 'every afternoon i'm going for a run, deal with it'. You'd surely be far more productive.
                                            As long as the person is obliged to take a shower when they come back it's fine.unforunately in my experience quite a few of these lunchtime runners think that a big spray of lynx is as good as a shower

Comment

As long as the person is obliged to take a shower when they come back it's fine.unforunately in my experience quite a few of these lunchtime runners think that a big spray of lynx is as good as a shower

This video will show you simple steps on how to wash a Kitten and make it as comfortable as possible with the situation. This is just my method and eat I'...

How to wash your kitten without too much stress.

Comment

Hope the anti Trump state visit to the uk protestors don't get their way,potential for some great breach of royal protocol hijinks and all round lols if he does come

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                  Hi

QED?

Comment

Hope the anti Trump state visit to the uk protestors don't get their way,potential for some great breach of royal protocol hijinks and all round lols if he does come
                                                    I hope he doesn't. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7570641.html

I agree with Corbyn.

Comment

QED?
                                                      Eh ..I understand that as a formal way of ending proof formula. = 0
                                                      QED

Comment

My Giant
                                                        =
                                                        QED of said statement

I was just bein friendly is all!!

But who doesn't like big smilies??

Comment

Now it's really gone to shit! He is hideous!

Comment

What the fuck kind of idiot would want to wash a kitten?

Comment

No way that they get it downgraded or cancelled. The UK government wouldn't dare upset him given the difficulties they'll have with the EU in Brexit.

Comment

Bristol +35 10/11
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

LOL at them struggling with the darts checkouts
                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Kids getting sick everywhere and passing out at The Point. Fucking had to get a taxi as the little window lickers put two luas out of service by puking on them. Fuck Drake anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                      Kids getting sick everywhere and passing out at The Point. Fucking had to get a taxi as the little window lickers put two luas out of service by puking on them. Fuck Drake anyway.
                                                                      yeah. what's going on? kids all over the IFSC this afternoon.

Assume some band I have never heard of.

Comment

I don't give a damn about no damn drake night

Comment

Drake is playing. Girlfriend tried hard to get tickets for it. I'm a lucky man that she was unsuccessful judging by tonight.

The future of the country looks bright

Comment

Stop buzzing. STOP. STAAAAAAAAAAHP!

Comment

Some kind of duck by the sounds of things.

Comment

Yeah I passed it earlier it was pretty grim. Thought it was some sort of mid term huge disco or something. Id have assumed some adults like Drake
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Lol, took the kids to the London aquatic centre for extreme aqua splash this Sunday (a simple version of wipeout) ... I had just as much fun as they did, but on the way there we ran into dozens of girls dressed and made up in terrifying fashion. Turns out there were the UK cheerleadings competitions round the corner. For the most part those were not cheerleaders but bringers of death or zombies tbh!

Comment

Spoke to the American husband of one of my coworkers today and he said he remembers it being the exact same for Reagan at the beginning of his term as it is now for Trump (he was voting age then and very actively involved in politics). There was the exact same loathing of him by non-supporters, the exact same shitty initial decisions, the horrible team he surrounded himself with, the clear racism that he drew on to get votes.

Seemingly 50% of his campaigning was on state rights: code for reversing civil rights; while the other 50% of the campaign was on how many bombs he was going to drop on the USSR. His team were also in contact with the Iranians during Reagan's campaign persuading them to keep holding Americans hostage until the election as it would persuade the public to get rid of Carter.

We've clearly let history paint up a decrepit turd as a conservative icon. And maybe also learned a lesson that no matter how new something seems its already been done before. Hence why Saunders was so popular among millenials too young to remember Howard Dean doing the exact same thing in 2004.

tl;dr t-20 years before Raoul is reminiscing about the good old Trump days
                                                                                      There was a cunt as UK PM then too.
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Interview tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Having to provide immediate answers to questions is not something that sits well with researchers.

Comment

Spoke to the American husband of one of my coworkers today and he said he remembers it being the exact same for Reagan at the beginning of his term as it is now for Trump (he was voting age then and very actively involved in politics). There was the exact same loathing of him by non-supporters, the exact same shitty initial decisions, the horrible team he surrounded himself with, the clear racism that he drew on to get votes.

Seemingly 50% of his campaigning was on state rights: code for reversing civil rights; while the other 50% of the campaign was on how many bombs he was going to drop on the USSR. His team were also in contact with the Iranians during Reagan's campaign persuading them to keep holding Americans hostage until the election as it would persuade the public to get rid of Carter.

We've clearly let history paint up a decrepit turd as a conservative icon. And maybe also learned a lesson that no matter how new something seems its already been done before. Hence why Saunders was so popular among millenials too young to remember Howard Dean doing the exact same thing in 2004.

tl;dr t-20 years before Raoul is reminiscing about the good old Trump days
                                                                                          hmmm, really....you of all people should know the value of facts over "I met a lad in the pub who told me....". Or not.

you do know that Reagan got shot in his first 100 days?

anyway, read this and educate thyself (from the HuffPost so can hardly be considered conservative pap).

In Rooseveltian fashion, Mr. Reagan has commanded the attention of the public, the Congress and America’s allies and adversaries. He has skillfully courted new and old friends, kept Democrats and liberals on the defensive and maintained a friendly posture even to those who, like labor leaders and blacks, regard his program as anathema.

And, perhaps by luck, he has managed to avoid the serious blunders of many predecessors.
                                                                                          well Trump has certainly 'commanded attention' too - in the wrong way. Reagan by contrast built alliances, both formal and informal.

Note the line about blunders - his administration didn't have any.

Reagan actually started slowly enough (obviously not helped by managing to get shot ):

But if Mr. Reagan’s goals are awesome, so are the obstacles that impede him, and they have come into sharper focus as well in his first 100 days. The similarities between Roosevelt and Mr. Reagan are many, but one major difference is that Mr. Reagan has begun by outlining a program, not enacting one.
                                                                                          Also, Reagan (unlike Trump), knew that politics is the art of the possible.

Now this sounds Trumpian:

In his very first days, Mr. Reagan therefore issued a blizzard of executive orders, lifting dozens of Government regulations, dismissing hundreds of Carter holdovers, setting a Federal hiring freeze and cutting back on travel, office redecoration, consultants and furniture procurement.
                                                                                          But this most certainly was not, this is why he was called the Great Communicator:

He met with everybody from the Congressional Black Caucus to the anti-abortionists. He spoke to the nation on television, addressed a joint session of Congress and let NBC film a day of his activities devoted to the economy for an hour-long special. Indeed, in two months, he met face to face with 400 Congressmen and ostentatiously courted the most powerful Democrat among them, Speaker of the House Thomas P. (Tip) O’Neill Jr., who was invited for dinner and to the President’s surprise birthday party for intimates. When Mr. O’Neill sent a souvenir tie to the White House, Mr. Reagan showed up at their next meeting wearing it. “Now you’re in the big leagues,” the Speaker had warned the new President. But Mr. Reagan had already proved he knew it.
                                                                                          But some things never change

A major theme of Mr. Reagan’s foreign policy is the notion of American moral superiority — “a shining city on a hill” — and its central element has been a return to the concept of containment of the Russians.
                                                                                          Reagan was sensible and pragmatic enough:

acing these difficulties, Mr. Reagan has displayed remarkable political strengths and gifts. His first 100 days have shown that he is a President determined to change the tides of history. The question remains whether his popularity and his claim of a mandate have given him enough strength to do it.

Reagan used his first 100 days to set the tone for his administration. When measured by legislative successes and failures, his record looks awfully thin. But when taken with his success at moving his agenda later in his presidency, it looks awfully prudent. Reagan learned the lessons of Carter’s first 100 days, and used his to lay the foundations with Congress and with the American people for his sweeping changes in the American government.

Reagan was also much more successful than Carter at actually keeping the public behind him. Carter’s popularity was nowhere near as deep or as long-lived as Reagan’s turned out to be (as evidenced by his overwhelming landslide win for re-election in 1984). Reagan did so mostly by communicating to the American people often, and by striking the right stylistic tone when doing so — something which had eluded Carter.
                                                                                          and he turned his early caution into truly stunning political success:

Other than the hostage release and getting shot, though, Reagan’s first 100 days aren’t really all that memorable. The rest of his two terms in office were, however, and did wind up realigning American politics for a generation.
                                                                                          there are fuck all similarities between Trumop and Reagan in short - your buddy is suffering from cognitive dissonance. Or possibly from being French, which is pretty much the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            There was a cunt as UK PM then too.
                                                                                            insightful

Comment

oh, and check out the numbers:

1980 election:

Reagan: 489 electoral votes
                                                                                              Carter (a sitting President ffs): 49

1984 election:

Reagan: 525 electoral votes
                                                                                              Mondale: 13

those aren't the numbers of a divisive figure, America was very solidly behind Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                This explains the scene that greeted me as I waited for the Luas to pass me before I crossed the street this evening. It was that unique mix of fake tan, short skirts, pissed off commuter and overly chatty drug addict that has come to typify the Luas of a concert evening.

Comment

Anyway, in the style of Reagan:

Let us resolve tonight that young (and middle-aged, and even old Strewel) AmericansIPB'ers will always see those Potomac lightsthe glory of the Cheltenham tipping competition; that they will always find there a city of hope in a country that is freeof binking a decent winner. And let us resolve they will say of our day and our generation that we did keep faith with our Godpick out that 20\1 shot, that we did act "worthy of ourselves;" that we did protect and pass on lovingly that shining city on a roar that nag home up that Cheltenham hill.

Sign up now beeatches.

Comment

...
                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-02-17, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Nice one where did you end up?
                                                                                                      In a pensuon firm Richie. Financial Admin but they kind of want me to do the in house IT. I should have seen that coming

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      an interesting side effect means that every MrsFD post from business hours will mean she is currently sitting on the loo
                                                                                                      You can't even do that. You are not allowed to be walking about the office with phone in hand and unless I lift my bag to go the loo I can't do it. so I will just be going on at the lunch break.

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                                                      What the fuck kind of idiot would want to wash a kitten?
                                                                                                      You never had kittens before?
                                                                                                      Sometimes they smell of piss for various reasons and you need to give them a wash. I have washed kittens and pups in the sink before.

Comment

he's American This was his story of being active in American politics at the time of Reagan's election and the reaction there was at the time to the election. Can't see any reason why it would have been mis-remembered.
                                                                                                        36 years is a long time to accurately remember things.

Comment

he's American This was his story of being active in American politics at the time of Reagan's election and the reaction there was at the time to the election. Can't see any reason why it would have been mis-remembered.
                                                                                                          Clearly he's a fuckwit then - who else would be out protesting against a guy who just won in a landslide?

Ask him how he felt when his candidate had his ass kicked up and down the country.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            36 years is a long time to accurately remember things.
                                                                                                            9 more years

Comment

...

Comment

someone out protesting against Reagan in 1981 would be the equivalent of the second placed horse's connections in Our Conor's Triumph Hurdle lodging an objection to the winner

with the reason being 'he was too good'

Comment

...

Comment

Anyways, important stuff.

Investigating buying wardrobes, and 2 things strike me.
                                                                                                                    1. They seem to be phenomenally expensive things to get built in.
                                                                                                                    2. Finding exactly how much they might even cost is very difficult. Every website seems to be the "we'll give you a quote" type places which I really dislike.

Anyone got any tips on buying these things? I'd like a middle ground between a bargaintown free standing wardrobe and a 2 grand cost for a decent built in one for a 2 metre wide space (and smaller).

Comment

Posting a link to a review article on HuffPo as a counterpoint, is a bit like disagreeing with a concentration camp survivor through reference to a history book on the holocaust. If you were there you remember the emotions that history forgets.
                                                                                                                      ah, attacking the source...nice one

except the HuffPo is referencing a New York Times article from 1981, written 100 days into the first Reagan Administration

but you have had to read the article to notice that

this is all getting a bit easy - start a fight on a topic you know something about

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X