Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
    Euromillions winner a family syndicate from Meath
    The relief of finding out it wasn’t someone you know is a decent consolation for not winning it yourself
    Last edited by Guest; 20-02-19, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      Horrific.
      See this is why you'll never be an ultra high net worth individual. MSN Connors might appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        See this is why you'll never be an ultra high net worth individual. MSN Connors might appreciate it.
        if that’s the price I must pay then I will pay it.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Ah, lovely reminder that I was staying there when that happened, after my apartment block suffered arson, the security guard watching said apartment block stole all the women's underwear and was arrested. Shortly afterwards I was hit by a car and then got my first grey hair.
          My canteen was painful at lunch;
          PATRICK HUTCH has walked free from the Special Criminal Court after charges against him for the murder of David Byrne at the Regency Hotel in Dublin were dropped by the State.

but this is some pic
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Radical cow vigilantes have killed at least 44 people in India
            http://Www.twitch.tv/craddocoSong By Dana LyonsAnimation by Bjorn-Mange StuestolAll credit to them, links to their sites at the end

Comment

It's a bit mad that with photos like that he still got away with it. I never looked up much about it at all, didn't know about the women's clothes.

Comment

Horrific. I took a female client out to lunch last week and we spent a significant portion of time talking about custom clothes and jewellery. You have to be able to talk to clients about their interests!
                In your element!
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can anyone less dull than me explain what's going on with the Regency yoke?

So much wink wink nudge nudge in every report about detective Supt who died recently but I have no idea what it is supposed to mean.

And as above, how can a case not be made a piece of piss given above kind of imagery?

I am lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    In your element!
                    I spend 90% of my time thinking about rich peoples problems. It pays the bills and isn’t the worst existence but it does lead to some bizarre stuff...

For example, Ive just been emailing a guy, who I helped negotiate that his pension contributions be redirected to salary, and he asked me to confirm that the marginal tax rate is 52% as he didn’t realise what it was. A proper first world problem when you have so much income you don’t know how much of a marginal extra euro of income you get to keep.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

'Showing the house' rapidly becoming a pain in the hole. Hopefully some idiot comes in with a massive bid over asking soon.
                      Mission accomplished. We're back.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                        First album is great too. Plenty of blunted, rolling g-funk grooves. Damn, imma hadda buy all dees rekkids now!
                        Deadly, glad you liked them
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

So much wink wink nudge nudge in every report about detective Supt who died recently but I have no idea what it is supposed to mean.

And as above, how can a case not be made a piece of piss given above kind of imagery?

I am lost.
                          I think he ate one of the sandwiches in the bar.

Comment

I am lost.
                            Hutch and the person in the photo do look very similar (though there are probably 100s of other males who also look somewhat like the Regency photo also).

But how was that link first made where some guards says 'hey that looks like Patrick Hutch, lets look at the two together and see'.
                            If that link is made in a corrupt manner (and corrupt could mean everything from being in a rival criminals pocket, to a lone guard twisting a few other guards arms to back him up because he genuinely wanted a conviction here) then you have failed in what is often called 'due process'.

Comment

Mission accomplished. We're back.
                              Get in! Fair play and I hope the Mrs doesn’t spend all the profits on the revamp of the new place.

Comment

Get in! Fair play and I hope the Mrs doesn’t spend all the profits on the revamp of the new place.
                                LOL, already pot committed there. At least we'll own 3/4 of the money pit gaff.

Comment

Anyone here working for/has worked for PP ok for a couple of PMs?

Mostly enquiring about salary at management level for a role.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    ^^ get in touch - happy to help if I can
                                    Pm sent my man

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      but this is some pic
                                      I wonder were any of those cars clamped?

Comment

I am lost.
                                        Interesting

Comment

New doc about Devilfish. 'nuff said.

The Devilfish - a poker documentary about the life and times of Dave 'The Devilfish' Ulliott, one of the all time poker greats. Brought to you by partypoker ...

Comment

Has anyone used these guys in their workplace?

Coffee machine rental, they come weekly to service it an re-up you with beans. €19 p/w.

Guy coming on Friday for a tasting demo.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Has anyone used these guys in their workplace?

Coffee machine rental, they come weekly to service it an re-up you with beans. €19 p/w.

Guy coming on Friday for a tasting demo.
                                                That seems decent value. I'd like to have something like that in work but there are too many on the floor. We have a couple of Nespresso machines to use and my team of 15 generally goes through approx 60e of capsules per month

Comment

Has to be other costs? Extra charges or whatever
                                                  €19 wouldn't even cover a week's worth of beans for a small office.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                    That seems decent value. I'd like to have something like that in work but there are too many on the floor. We have a couple of Nespresso machines to use and my team of 15 generally goes through approx 60e of capsules per month
                                                    Lightweights

Our lot do about 3x that volume.

Maybe we have the problem.... (With the vertu machine that can make proper sized drinks)
                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      Has to be other costs? Extra charges or whatever
                                                      €19 wouldn't even cover a week's worth of beans for a small office.
                                                      Oh yeah sorry, that's for machine rental. You buy beans from them too.

Should work out about 0.25c per cup.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                        Lightweights

Our lot do about 3x that volume.

Maybe we have the problem.... (With the vertu machine that can make proper sized drinks)
                                                        There's your problem right there, something wrong with someone who doesn't drink their coffee black. A long black is the only way.

Comment

New place is like a Nespresso factory.

Don't like them.

What's everyone's favourite?

Comment

Whatever you do. Don't get one with a milk tank. Those things are far more hassle than they are worth. Ours breaks almost weekly
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Don't like them.

I thought the Carmelito and Vanilla were terrible so they're definitely worth avoiding. Some of the newer ones-well to my office- like Venezia, I think that is nice, red with gold pattern if I remember correctly.
                                                              There are a few like that, blue with gold etc, I assume they're the premium but I thought they were decent.

I bought a Nespresso machine as a gift for someone recently in Kildare Village, bog standard model with 50 or 60e worth of coffee and the tall slim stand that I thought was quite nice for around 70e. Great value tbf.

Comment

Never drank tea or coffee in my life. Often wondered what I would have done with all those hours actually fully awake in work.

Comment

Don't like them.

Indriya is the only one I like
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                    Never drank tea or coffee in my life. Often wondered what I would have done with all those hours actually fully awake in work.
                                                                    Yeah think I'm one of the few traders in the world that doesn't drink coffee

Comment

Oh yeah sorry, that's for machine rental. You buy beans from them too.

Should work out about 0.25c per cup.
                                                                      25c is pretty good. I go through phases of making coffee at home in the morning. I think I worked out it was costing me 50 or 60c.
                                                                      Although, the phases last for about one bag of coffee. And I just end up paying at the cafe

Comment

I don't drink coffee either.

What's actually wrong with the big Nescafe/Kenco/Maxwell jars which seem to have 50-100 cups worth for €5. Is the difference in quality that big to justify paying 10x.

Comment

I don't drink coffee either. Never have and not going to start now.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

What's actually wrong with the big Nescafe/Kenco/Maxwell jars which seem to have 50-100 cups worth for €5. Is the difference in quality that big to justify paying 10x.
                                                                            The quality is definitely different, I think all of the above don't taste nice at all, Costa/Starbucks/Insomnia aren't good either imo.

Nespresso is fine in work, we have one at home but I don't use.
                                                                            Generally I buy 1kg of beans out of local roasters for 30-35e, that lasts approx a month and works out around 60-70c a cup.

If I'm going to drink coffee, I'd prefer it to be nice, the difference is very noticeable imo.

All that said, I'd probably have preferred not to have started drinking coffee as a dependency formulates pretty quick.

Comment

I thought the general consensus at this stage was that coffee within reason is pretty good for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Yeah think I'm one of the few traders in the world that doesn't drink coffee
                                                                                Likewise as a recruiter who didn’t drink coffee. I get the weirdest looks when I tell people at work, it’s like I told them I like to fuck cats.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Yep, it is .
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

According to the missus McDonald's Americano
                                                                                    Are really good. I nod disinterested.
                                                                                    It's the not drinking tea that gets me the weirdos looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      I thought the general consensus at this stage was that coffee within reason is pretty good for you?
                                                                                      Black coffee apparently has the "health benefits" people would go on about. It's when you start adding things in like milk, sugar, cream, caramel etc etc that the bad starts to outweigh the good for various reasons.

Comment

Dublin Airport getting droned. About 20 planes holding over the sea. Ouchy.

Comment

Open again now.

Comment

According to the missus McDonald's Americano
                                                                                            Are really good. I nod disinterested.
                                                                                            Mcdonalds don't do fresh milk which is insane.

Who you on in Mexico.

Small on Cam Smith, Bubba and Tbo

Comment

Don't drink tea or coffee either. The tea thing doesn't sit well with a lot of people alright.

Coffee i just think is disgusting but tea i can probably be cajoled into

Comment

Also don't drink tea or coffee. Genuinely dislike the taste of coffee so don't like anything with that flavour, coffee cakes, etc... Might have a flavoured tea like peppermint and lemon if out at a Middle Eastern restaurant like Damascus Gate and it smells nice, but that's it.

Comment

1.50 for a good cappuccino in most of the coffee shops here, shite like costa still managing to spread around the island at over twice the price though.

Comment

1.50 for a good cappuccino in most of the coffee shops here, shite like costa still managing to spread around the island at over twice the price though.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                      Black coffee apparently has the "health benefits" people would go on about. It's when you start adding things in like milk, sugar, cream, caramel etc etc that the bad starts to outweigh the good for various reasons.
                                                                                                      Ok but that just means too much caramel is bad for you. Drowning a cauliflower in cream & cheese doesn't make cauliflower an unhealthy food.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Ok but that just means too much caramel is bad for you. Drowning a cauliflower in cream & cheese doesn't make cauliflower an unhealthy food.
                                                                                                        I agree. But I don't think the majority of people drink black coffee in Ireland, theyd always have it with something so they're not getting the healthy benefits of it.

Comment

Anyway, anyone have any good quiz questions?

Comment

Some amount of freaks in here.

Comment

Who you on in Mexico.

On Cam Smith and Bubba too

Ew double on McDowell and JT
                                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

If a pinch of milk in your coffee was the worst of your nutritional boldness i don't think you're going too far wrong.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Who you on in Mexico.

Done Fowler. Too lazy to study it this week. So followed his for a back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                    On Cam Smith and Bubba too
                                                                                                                    That's good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                      I agree. But I don't think the majority of people drink black coffee in Ireland, theyd always have it with something so they're not getting the healthy benefits of it.
                                                                                                                      It also means they don't taste the coffee.

The only way I'll ever have milk in coffee now is a morning macchiatto.

Comment

Are you a Donald Duck or a Donald Trump?

Invest €50 in the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp and you too can be The Don.

Six stacks of high society in the pit already.

Comment

Milk in microwave, spoon maxwell house, 3 to 5 heaped teaspoons of sugar. Job done
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X