Old 12-06-19, 07:00   #54561
DeadParrot
Just Resting

I like the way he talks
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 08:25   #54562
Rufio

One for the Cricket fans.

Last edited by Rufio; 12-06-19 at 09:05.
Rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 08:28   #54563
Strewelpeter

Old 12-06-19, 08:34   #54564
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account

Location: In the heart of Translyvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame, Yeah
Interesting that they left Rory Stewart out of that.
I guess we know who Ian Hislop is cheering on.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 08:37   #54565
Elshambles
Wierdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
When you're given the choice between a kick to the balls or the blowtorch, you gonna offer to shine the man's shoes for him first
Old 12-06-19, 08:50   #54566
AndyFatBastard
Pudgy Bastard

Here you go:
Old 12-06-19, 08:53   #54567
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elshambles View Post
When you're given the choice between a kick to the balls or the blowtorch, you gonna offer to shine the man's shoes for him first
There have been a couple of odd moments recently, last nights Newsnight for one where a panel of non MP Tory commentators are talking about the candidates and every one of them agrees that of course Stewart is the only one who is not lying through his teeth and is clearly the best option for both the party and the country. But ho hum he has 0% chance so lets concentrate on how awful the rest of the candidates are and try to pick the least worst

There was also this glorious clip of Juncker being asked his opinion

Old 12-06-19, 09:57   #54568
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippie View Post
Self indulgent rant ahead. Cliffs dont work in sport

won a semi final 57-3 today, going to into final next week for first final since 1957 vs team who will be at home for the game.

it's been a hectic 3 weeks, we qualified for knockout rounds with 3 games to spare, lost the last game of season to end up with second seed vs possibility of first.

the monday after this a few weeks go called into a meeting, was told I was fired because I was being replaced by a a proven winner, a guy who won 6 championships as a player, as a coach he he has won 3 games in 2 years and was relegated this year. My director announced it to the team joyfully9i havent picked his son in 5 games) and the team revolted, refused to accept new coach and said they only go forward with me. Boss calls me back in and says the team (well 98% of them) support you and I support you, i flipped out and turned into old needling poker self and really was unprofessional going to town criticising him as a person.

regardless of what happens next week i'm fired,(similar to carlo ancelotti at madrid I guess) we carved up today, all the supporters were over the moon and I still cannot even get spoken to a board membersor director. they ignore my wife now, and the funny thing is she is worth more than all of them combined.

I must say though there is a sense of liberation thoguh where I can pick a team and regardless of the result know that all that matters is the performance. it's pure sport without any politics
Is that rugby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
have I missed something in that hand? Action is on Heath who slides in a time back. Soverel mistakes Heaths action for a fold, then thinking it's his action folds his cards.

I must be missing a lot of context to the outrage.
Iím the same, I donít see the angle shoot, just the histrionics from the guy with A10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
We do that almost everywhere we go, I think I have waxed lyrical about them here before. They are usually excellent. Funny enough we are in Bali at the moment with a stop off in Hong Kong on the way back in a couple of days and aren't doing one in either place. In Bali the main reason is that I've found the local food rank and the Western food very good (plus doing a couple of short cycling tours) while HK apparently has the highest concentration of Michelin Star street food places in the world so hoping to fit as many of those as possible in on our own.

There's a tour called something like Tenements and Tasting in Manhatten that's probably the best half day I've ever done anywhere.
HK street food is over rated, I went to a Michelin place for DimSum and it was like a low grade Chinese at home. Try a few places maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadParrot View Post

I like the way he talks
Whatís his connection to it? Also is he fighting for healthcare for 911 workers? Seems incongruous with the American way.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 10:03   #54569
Solksjaer!

I was listening to some music on my earphones late last night jogging by Newcastle Graveyard, then I heard someone coughing loudly over the music right in my ear and then a huge breathy inhale/exhale. WTF , I turned around and nobody there . I got a bit edgy as I like to see the enemy should they wish to engage. BIG COUGH, WTFFF, ok, I was ready for combat and my current condition was set up for fight and not flight , so I braced myself for a battle with a spook or a creeper. I took off the earphones, It turns out it was on the fecking song , this version had the added authenticity of the guitarists bodily functions. A good workout in all for the ticker and when all is said and done I’m not Van Helsing so some relief

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-06-19 at 10:23. Reason: Wrong thread.
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 10:45   #54570
Solksjaer!

The most famous mother in Irish rock music has died. Philomena Lynott. Interesting woman .
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 11:45   #54571
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
Place I was was class, left of stage at the front with all the mosh pits. Then moved back for different views up the hill near the end, epic views and sound. The production value was unreal, the huge screens with stuff like soldiers marching during One and then all turning into marching skeletons was amazing. A far cry from seeing them in 03/04. Lots of fire, balloons, fireworks, lasers, lights, so good. Timed fireworks to starting a riff in enter sandman etc. The opening to one was just class, mortar sounds with explosions on stage, fire, stuff that looked like machine gun fire etc
good shit
heard some places the crowd were really shit though
they were mental by me though, people covered in blood haha
Code:
https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0?t=67

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 13:43   #54572
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Anywhere or links to watch the semi-final v Brazil?

I dont have Sky

Last edited by Dice75; 12-06-19 at 13:49.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 14:05   #54573
bohsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Anywhere or links to watch the semi-final v Brazil?

I dont have Sky
http://www.dub.al/g/

Also on youtube.
bohsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 14:05   #54574
Kayroo
Pedantophile
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post
Whatís his connection to it? Also is he fighting for healthcare for 911 workers? Seems incongruous with the American way.
Jon Stewart is an advocate for 9/11 First Responders. As far back as 2009 he was advocating on their behalf and was given partial credit for helping the passage of the Zadroga Act.

He's been heavily involved on a personal level with the FDNY, EMS and NYPD groups who are lobbying Congress to keep funding up for medical coverage for (particularly) the respiratory illnesses.

Here's a link to a good discussion on Fox News about it. No really, Fox News. Shep Smith as far back as 2010 has been helping Jon Stewart with the media side of this.

Old 12-06-19, 14:33   #54575
bohsman

Japan - Mexico on here in the other Semi - http://mssev.com/brazil-vs-ireland-republic-1730/

Ireland looked really good against Mexico and did enough against Bahrain without being brilliant, have been watching due to Stephen Kenny managing and a Bohs player at left back. Bright enough future there if Kenny brings these lads through and takes over from McCarthy.
bohsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 12-06-19, 14:44   #54576
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohsman View Post
Japan - Mexico on here in the other Semi - http://mssev.com/brazil-vs-ireland-republic-1730/

Ireland looked really good against Mexico and did enough against Bahrain without being brilliant, have been watching due to Stephen Kenny managing and a Bohs player at left back. Bright enough future there if Kenny brings these lads through and takes over from McCarthy.
Yeah I heard Masterson was MOTM when they beat the Seniors a couple weeks ago.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 16:14   #54577
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
Code:
https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0?t=67
Class thanks for that, been looking for a good recording of it. Would love to see the screen for the whole thing. Bit of a mixup with them writing that it is whiskey near the start haha.
Old 12-06-19, 17:04   #54578
Lao Lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleras View Post
Isnt it only a gain when he cashes it in ?
Absolutely. Sadly, that doesn't stop him from being a tool
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 19:17   #54579
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Lao View Post
Absolutely. Sadly, that doesn't stop him from being a tool
sounds like the Harry Enfield 'I am considerably richer than you' character
Old 12-06-19, 20:34   #54580
Strewelpeter

Went out to the garden and picked strawberries for my dinner then came in and turned the poxy heating on, I've never had it on in June before and now I have ground frost warnings telling me to cover plants Thu to Sunday, that's frost expected on the fucking 16th June . FFS!

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker