Irish Poker Boards
Party Poker Live 200719
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-19, 08:20   #1181
Silver-Tiger
Member
 
Silver-Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Kevin Na at 125/1 8 places looks a decent bet for next week. Coming off a win. Was 7th in Oakmont, has a couple of T5 in the AT&T. Made the last 4 US open cuts and also Lowry.
Sound. I've taken some Na. took 100s and 10 places.

On Spieth at 33s from earlier in the year which i'm very happy with and Snedeker at 80s.
On EVR too but regretting that i think.

If all the Money comes for Rory / Dj / Brooks and Spieth hits 20s i'm going back in.
Silver-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-06-19, 09:13   #1182
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
Sound. I've taken some Na. took 100s and 10 places.

On Spieth at 33s from earlier in the year which i'm very happy with and Snedeker at 80s.
On EVR too but regretting that i think.

If all the Money comes for Rory / Dj / Brooks and Spieth hits 20s i'm going back in.
I really liked Spieth and was about to back him at 25/1 a month ago but left it. Heís been slowly getting back to his best with the putter. He needs his irons to improve a bit but heís close and this test should be perfect as he wonít need to hit a lot of drivers. I like tiger for that reason too but think the way the course will be brings a few more into.

I backed Lowry at 100/1 on Thursday night.

Probably wonít back anyone else until Wednesday when i get some course reports.
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-06-19, 09:48   #1183
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Lads if you donít back Rory at 9s you are doing it wrong. Heís been working on his wedges (extra wedge in the bag now) and if he hits fairways he wins this pulling away. I wonít aftertime as I know ye are precious about it but this weekend was coming big time. Thank your stars there are other that scare the bookies also but for me Rory is the stand out bet. Iím going back in anyhoo. Good luck. Speith will need to nail his usual 8 to 10 from 15+ feet. Heís nearly there back to his old self but I canít see past Rory for this. 9s the field? Golf is in a golden era but there is a place for a closer to take down a few of these big ones this year.
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-06-19, 10:26   #1184
eoghan104
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solksjaer! View Post
Lads if you donít back Rory at 9s you are doing it wrong. Heís been working on his wedges (extra wedge in the bag now) and if he hits fairways he wins this pulling away. I wonít aftertime as I know ye are precious about it but this weekend was coming big time. Thank your stars there are other that scare the bookies also but for me Rory is the stand out bet. Iím going back in anyhoo. Good luck. Speith will need to nail his usual 8 to 10 from 15+ feet. Heís nearly there back to his old self but I canít see past Rory for this. 9s the field? Golf is in a golden era but there is a place for a closer to take down a few of these big ones this year.
I fall into the Rory trap before every major like you mention above Solks. He is the best player on his day IMO but there is something happening in the majors that is stopping him. All of the above that you said was valid before the Masters and the PGA, he has been on form and won the players but then is just meh at the majors.

For me, I think it is mad that Rory, DJ and Brooks are always similarly priced. Since DJ or Rory last won a Major Brooks has won FOUR! Less than 30 golfers have ever won 4 majors or more. EVER! and he has done that since Rory or DJ won their last?!

I think he is just a much better bet at the same prices. Fancy a cheeky match bet of Brooks vs Rory?
eoghan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-06-19, 10:37   #1185
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Eoghan. 50er?
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 11:00   #1186
eoghan104
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solksjaer! View Post
Eoghan. 50er?
Yep sounds good!

Good luck
eoghan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 10-06-19, 14:43   #1187
The Situation
Champ Champ
 
The Situation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Waiting for the cabs to arrive
Posts: 10,629
Rory won't start fav, seeing over reaction money from the weekend but pros will push him out a bit before the off so taking the current price isn't wise imo.
__________________
Profit before people.
The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 18:32   #1188
Murdrum
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,821
As Sit said Phil seems big @ 55 given his results here, lots within striking distance outside of wins too.

Small punt on Lucas Glover @300s, he had a decent first few months including T7 in ProAm, he's won a US Open before and he was quite highly ranked in GIR among others a couple months ago so maybe finds some form.
Murdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 18:44   #1189
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Yiz sure don't like money. Phil will miss the cut.
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 11:49   #1190
TheJiggaman
Member
 
TheJiggaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,953
Are there any sites doing top amateur betting?

This bloke is 300/1 outright..

EDIT: 7/2 for Best Amateur with B365 ... on that


Last edited by TheJiggaman; 11-06-19 at 11:56.
TheJiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 22:35   #1191
The Situation
Champ Champ
 
The Situation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Waiting for the cabs to arrive
Posts: 10,629
Racing Post - Steve Palmer tips - 4pts ew Woods 12-1; 2.5ew Cantlay 18/1; 2ew Xander 28/1; 1ew Snedeker 50/1; 1ew Mickelson 55/1; 0.5ew Grace 150/1
__________________
Profit before people.
The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 10:14   #1192
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
Rory won't start fav, seeing over reaction money from the weekend but pros will push him out a bit before the off so taking the current price isn't wise imo.
So Rory is 8s joint fav. Hope you got on at 9s like wot i said.
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 10:17   #1193
The Situation
Champ Champ
 
The Situation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Waiting for the cabs to arrive
Posts: 10,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solksjaer! View Post
So Rory is 8s joint fav. Hope you got on at 9s like wot i said.
I'm not sure where you shop but you can get bigger than 10/1 on betfair where he's drifted and isnt the fav.
__________________
Profit before people.
The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 10:22   #1194
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation View Post
I'm not sure where you shop but you can get bigger than 10/1 on betfair where he's drifted and isnt the fav.
Not on betfair since the incident . Stick 50 on for me and I'll send you the monies. Only if it's neigh bother .


8s and fav on betfair sportsbook

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 12-06-19 at 10:27.
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 10:38   #1195
The Situation
Champ Champ
 
The Situation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Waiting for the cabs to arrive
Posts: 10,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solksjaer! View Post
Not on betfair since the incident . Stick 50 on for me and I'll send you the monies. Only if it's neigh bother .


8s and fav on betfair sportsbook
Well theres several other exchanges you can get bigger than 10's there Willie too. Dont sell yourself short.

And betfair sportsbook mirror PP odds where they've cut him as likely have massive exposure on him due to the everyday Irish idiots knee jerk reaction to his weekends performance.

But if we're talking his true odds the exchanges are the most relevant source.
__________________
Profit before people.
The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 11:28   #1196
eoghan104
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,956
Readily available at 9s with the British bookies and 10s with 2 random sites.

There is more than PP out there Willie! Ill do the 50 at 9s of you want.
eoghan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 12:20   #1197
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,339
CT Pan for FRL ew at 125/1 T8
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 12:21   #1198
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan104 View Post
Readily available at 9s with the British bookies and 10s with 2 random sites.

There is more than PP out there Willie! Ill do the 50 at 9s of you want.
Already have him at 9s. And at evens with Koepka with some generous soul who doesn't like money
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 12:22   #1199
Solksjaer!
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,753
Speaking of not liking money Piercy for 1st round leader is a punt
Solksjaer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-19, 12:27   #1200
Murdrum
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,821
The only issue with the exchanges for golf is sometimes the lack of liquidity and slightly lower offerings on the derivative markets.

Take Lucas Glover who I backed. 320s matched(now 280) on win market while 110s offered ew 1/5 10 places plus you have to pay commission.
My account has slightly less commission so it isn't too bad but still significant.

Compare that to Powers/SkyBet/Boyles who'll offer you 125/1 10 places, difference works out around 20% in the event of binking.

No doubts about using the exc for outrights but ew and derivative markets the sportsbooks are often better value.
Murdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:35.