a few donkament hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few donkament hands

Monday night game at the Fitz, 75 FO with 47 runners. 6k starting stack. These are probably all fairly basic but thought I would post a few hands to celebrate our new venture.

Hand 1: villain has about 18k and I have about 17k. He's been very active pf and picking up lots of small pots uncontested. He's playing quite well and has shown he can lay down a hand also. I have been my usual rocklike self (or so it would appear), only hand I have shown down has been KK which held up AIPF vs AQ. I 3-bet him from the BB in the last orbit if that has any relevance, he folded quickly.

25/200/400 level.

I'm BB with Qs7s.
    Folds around to villain in the CO and he limps.
    SB limps.
    I check my rubbish.
    Pot = 1,425.
    Flop is As Jx 3s.
    SB checks, I check and villain obliges with a 700 bet.
    SB folds and I CR to 2000.
    Villain tanks, then makes it 5k.

I use my usual colour blindness excuse (it's actually true) to ask him how much he has left. He replies with genuine (my read) nervous vibe.
    I 4-bet all-in.

Everyone hates this, right?

Hand 2: A quare one. Villain 1 is Paddy Hicks. Elder reg in the Fitz - somewhat bizarre playing style but does enjoy limp-raising with his monsters. He is having a very strange evening of PF all-ins (3 so far) with Villain 2, an elder lady whose name escapes me. They have been shoving and calling each other with 25BB+ stacks with Ace-rag, KQs etc.

100/800/1500 level

FT bubble and we're playing 5-handed. I have 38k and the average is about 28k. Villain 1 has ~33k, Villain 2 has ~ 36k.

I'm on the button with TT.

Villain 1 limps and Villain 2 insta-ships for her whole stack.

Your move Meester Bond, fwiw Villain 2 is exhibiting weakness tells when I tell her I'm more worried about Paddy.

Hand 3: final table, 7 handed.

Villain 1 is poor, passive player - no concept of M etc, being blinded away. Villain 2 is big Stuey, loosey-goosey.

200/1000/2000 level

I have ~45k, Villain 1 is very short with only about 6k, Villain 2 has ~70k.

I'm in the SB with Kh3h. Stuey limps UTG, folds to me and I complete. BB checks.

flop is a reasonably sexy 7h6d5h giving me second NFD and the idiot end of a backdoor straight draw. I check and Villain 1 ships in his remaining 4k. Stuey makes it 20k and I (wonder why I didn't lead the flop but where do we go from here?)
    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 26-01-10, 14:58. Reason: edited to change stacks in Hand 3, thanks Wombatman
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Hand 1:
    Call 700 on flop.

As played the 4 bet based on the read is cool hoping he will fold his A rag.

Hand 2:
    Snap fold.

Hand 3:
    I take it your man Stuey has 70k.
    Could go either way on this depending on payouts.
    If all the money is at the top shove it in.
    Last edited by Wombatman; 26-01-10, 15:03. Reason: Mature reflection.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

hand 1 is ok if you got the read right, if not its still not that bad a spot if you don't mind gambling

hand 2 is a fold, not really because of the guy who pushed but because there is still another guy to act if he calls aswell then you are in really bad shape

hand 3 its allin or fold nothing wrong with either. if it were me i think i would ship maybe

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

1 - I hate it, you're only repping what you have and if the guy has any clue he should be snapping with his entire range. I'm guessing he called with his A rag and you pinged the flush? Just call the 700 and go from there.

2 - I'm happy enough to fold here, I don't mind getting it in either though. I guess if I was robbing enough blinds i'd let it go.

3 - Gambooooooooooooool, I doubt he's ever folding anything though, but we're in decent shape against his range.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
          Could go either way on this depending on payouts.
          If all the money is at the top shove it in.
          from memory:

1st = 1200
          2nd = 700
          3rd = 500
          4th = 300
          5th = 200
          6th = 175
          7th = 125

(Fitz do this stupid thing whereby they try to pay everyone who makes the FT for the smaller donkaments, silly but there ya go)

Comment

Hand 1: I lead, and don't like a c/r. I don't really like your 4bet cos there are so very few hands that he can bluff with here apart from lower flushes. I sincerely doubt he has one pair hands here much like other people are suggesting? Maybe I'm out of touch with live poker! You put a lot of weight in your reads, so I guess with that fire away. I wouldn't be as confident in mine, but I'm no good with soulreading .

Hand 2: Vs Paddy and this villain 2 with reads on her, I snap.

Hand 3: Lead the flop as you say, and I just fold now. Stuey does not like folding
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

results fwiw:

hand 1; he folded after a think.

hand 2: I folded, Villain 1 insta-called with AQ and Villain 2 showed Qd4d. 4 on the turn obv.

hand 3: I folded. Stuey showed As7s and Villain 1 had T6 which made 2 pair on river. Qh on the run obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                results fwiw:

hand 1; he folded after a think.

hand 2: I folded, Villain 1 insta-called with AQ and Villain 2 showed Qd4d. 4 on the turn obv.

hand 3: I folded. Stuey showed As7s and Villain 1 had T6 which made 2 pair on river. Qh on the run obv.
                I think you put up results a bit early, esp considering that the comments have been a bit bi-polar so far.

H1: don't CR. Call the 700.

H2: i call pretty quick, you posted a lot of reads, and if they are accurate, then you chould crush their combined range.

H3: Pretty easy fold. We have 12 outs sometimes, but only 3 others. The odds aren't there.

Comment

Working...
                X