No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late in on this I know. But I likes the look of Derry today v Armagh -3 points @ 12/5 and to win by 4-6 @ 5/1

Just to annoy Whyno I go Carlow 11/4 to beat Wicklow, and Carlow +3 evs.

Comment

Carlow and Derry outright

Tipp at anything over +4

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Late in on this I know. But I likes the look of Derry today v Armagh -3 points @ 12/5 and to win by 4-6 @ 5/1

Just to annoy Whyno I go Carlow 11/4 to beat Wicklow, and Carlow +3 evs.
        Well that was a crap start to the championship anyway

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
          Carlow and Derry outright

Tipp at anything over +4
          standard

Comment

the ridiculous new rules brought in about the hand pass should really affect all the northern hand passing teams (including kildare) id imagine. Micko dwyer thinks theyre all ridiculous, have to agree. If its not broken . . .
            GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
              the ridiculous new rules brought in about the hand pass should really affect all the northern hand passing teams (including kildare) id imagine. Micko dwyer thinks theyre all ridiculous, have to agree. If its not broken . . .
              Looked pretty stupif today alright. Can see plenty of controversy ahead over the summer around the handpass.

Ah well, its all only a starter before the hurling main course begins in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                its to get rid of the constant hand passing and make the game more of a spectacle. It will suit kicking teams like Meath, Dublin and Kerry

common sense should prevail though - let the rules stay for the first round to please congress then get rid of them by slowly being less strict on the issue

Comment

its to get rid of the constant hand passing and make the game more of a spectacle. It will suit kicking teams like Meath, Dublin and Kerry

common sense should prevail though - let the rules stay for the first round to please congress then get rid of them by slowly being less strict on the issue
                  Need all the help they can get i suppose..

This year...snigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                    Need all the help they can get i suppose..

This year...snigger.
                    being a meath man I enjoy Dublins yearly blow up on the waty to the promised land
                    its also sweet when we get further than them - just need to beat them now. havnt beaten them for 9 years

Comment

An early glance ahead to this weekends games

Waterford -2 (evs) v Clare. Great bet imo, Waterford at home and are really flying at the moment, I think they'll have a good bit too much for Clare
                      Louth -2 (11/10) v Longford. Fill yer boots on this one. Longford were very poor throughout the league and I dont think they have a hope against the Wee county
                      Antrim +4 (10/11) v Tyrone. Not worth a big bet, hard to trust the nordies early on, but I actually think Antrim have a good chance even without the handicap

Comment

wouldnt go too mad on louth - their league wins were against weaker longford teams. their defence is very young and inexperienced. if backing them just take the outright price

ill be taking meath against offaly
                        GAA News Website

Comment

An early glance ahead to this weekends games

Waterford -2 (evs) v Clare. Great bet imo, Waterford at home and are really flying at the moment, I think they'll have a good bit too much for Clare
                          Louth -2 (11/10) v Longford. Fill yer boots on this one. Longford were very poor throughout the league and I dont think they have a hope against the Wee county
                          Antrim +4 (10/11) v Tyrone. Not worth a big bet, hard to trust the nordies early on, but I actually think Antrim have a good chance even without the handicap
                          2 out of 3 aint bad, and very close with the Antrim bet as well.

Comment

Urrrrrgh very hard to find some value this weekend.

Cork @ 6/4 v Tipp doesnt look too bad. Will need to have a proper look at the teams first though. Big game this as the winner is effectively through to the Munster Final

Wexford +5 @ 3/2 v Galway perhaps as well.

Comment

Cork @ 6/4 v Tipp doesnt look too bad. Will need to have a proper look at the teams first though. Big game this as the winner is effectively through to the Munster Final

Hills are 6/5 Wexford +8. Would think that Tipp should walk all over Cork. Spotted a price discrepancy as well if you're looking to guarantee a no loss bet with 10% upside

Wexford vs Galway this weekend

Rory Jacob to score more than 2.5 points - 6/5 (Paddy Powers)
                              Rory Jacob to score less than 2.5 points - evens (Ladbrokes)

Might not last for too long however.

Comment

Originally posted by mac View Post
                                Hills are 6/5 Wexford +8. Would think that Tipp should walk all over Cork. Spotted a price discrepancy as well if you're looking to guarantee a no loss bet with 10% upside

Wexford vs Galway this weekend

Rory Jacob to score more than 2.5 points - 6/5 (Paddy Powers)
                                Rory Jacob to score less than 2.5 points - evens (Ladbrokes)

Might not last for too long however.
                                never mind just asked a stupid question edited out original comment
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I like Down -1 (11/8) on Sunday. Can't wait to see Martin Clarke's championship bow, and think the 66/1 for footballer of the year is worth a small punt!
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Wexford urrrrgh. Cork Didnt see a 10 point win coming there though. Makes the rest of the hurling championship a LOT more interesting as well, Tipp floating in the qualifiers to likely play the losers of Galway/Kilkenny.

Comment

Wicklow & Cork Double this weekend folks...Fill yer boots
                                      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Mayo -3 v Sligo
                                        Kildare -4 v Louth
                                        Armagh -1 v Monaghan

Comment

Mayo -3 v Sligo
                                          Kildare -4 v Louth
                                          Armagh -1 v Monaghan
                                          What about a waterford double this weekend kev.

Was hoping wicklow would but just fell short against kerry today. I was in PPgorey earlier and i backed wicklow hurlers 5/6 with 10 points.Shockin value in that i thought as our lads are putting in a right effort this year and kerry @1/14 was a crazy price.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                            What about a waterford double this weekend kev.
                                            I'd love and we have a chance at least. Will put a few quid on the footballers alright. The hurlers worry me a bit, if they go in with the attitude that they just have to turn up to win, things could get tricky

Comment

I'd love and we have a chance at least. Will put a few quid on the footballers alright. The hurlers worry me a bit, if they go in with the attitude that they just have to turn up to win, things could get tricky
                                              I actually never thought your hurlers would have that sort of attitude. Always play like die hards. I do fancy your footballers but i really think my lads at evens is free money. Was talkin to seanie furlong wednesday night and hes in as good as order as hes ever been in and could be worth a lil punt of scoring a goal.

Comment

Mayo -3 v Sligo
                                                Kildare -4 v Louth
                                                Outstanding Kev

I hereby tip Limerick -3 v Waterford tomorrow.

Comment

Outstanding Kev

I hereby tip Limerick -3 v Waterford tomorrow.
                                                  Lumping on waterford if todays form is anything to go by Kev

Comment

Bah...Tough weekend for d GAA...Funking big on waterford hurlers to demolish clare today please

Comment

Its absolutely pissing it down here today. Grrrrrrr. Heading to Thurles shortly and I imagine its similar there. Considering the conditions it will most likely be closer than expected. The evs on Clare +5 is fantastic value

Comment

Under 0.5 goals @ 16/1 worth a little bet as well

Comment

Under 0.5 goals @ 16/1 worth a little bet as well
                                                          Tough weekend for any betting but good call on clare +5 kev. I backed waterford at 4/5 when 5 points down and then backed them at 11/10 -2 with 5 mins left when they were a point down.
                                                          Clare gave ye a right fright but i think your lads had a lot more to give if needed. Ken Mcgraths point was a savage lift for the team and hopefully ye can get one more good year out of the big man.

Comment

Any thoughts on cavan v fermanagh starting soon?

fermanagh look to be a bit long at 2/1

edit - tiny bet on the draw at 10/1
                                                            Last edited by Bubbleking; 12-06-10, 16:17.

Comment

Kerry tomorrow 13/8 imo.

Comment

Kerry tomorrow 13/8 imo.
                                                                wouldnt touch it with a barge pole kev. Cork ae pretty much invincible playing at home. Id be all over it if it was in Croke park

Comment

Down +2 v Tyrone today @ 11/10 (I actually think Down could well win it outright but the 2 points make this v tasty).
                                                                  I also like Meath -2 @ evs. Along with a small bet on the draw @ 7/1. Very often a replay game goes to ET as well

Tomorrow in the hurling I like Galway -8 v Offaly. Think Galway are peaking too soon for the All Ireland, but are in top shape at the moment

Comment

Down +2 v Tyrone today @ 11/10 (I actually think Down could well win it outright but the 2 points make this v tasty).
                                                                    I also like Meath -2 @ evs. Along with a small bet on the draw @ 7/1. Very often a replay game goes to ET as well

Tomorrow in the hurling I like Galway -8 v Offaly. Think Galway are peaking too soon for the All Ireland, but are in top shape at the moment
                                                                    lol i have those exact football bets kev

Comment

lol i have those exact football bets kev
                                                                      Im fucked so

Comment

Hey BK, will we set up a GAA betting staking syndicate?

Comment

Hey BK, will we set up a GAA betting staking syndicate?
                                                                          Yes BK you seem trustworthy where do I ship my net worth to??

Comment

yeah I reckon so - we just need to fall asleep during the All - Ireland final so we can green up for 40k apiece

Just out of interest how much money would you need to move the GAA market? Im presuming its only a small % of what you would need to effect the soccer market.

Comment

yeah I reckon so - we just need to fall asleep during the All - Ireland final so we can green up for 40k apiece

Just out of interest how much money would you need to move the GAA market? Im presuming its only a small % of what you would need to effect the soccer market.
                                                                              Not much at all I'd imagine liquidity is so low in these markets.
                                                                              Did Down-Tyrone draw
                                                                              and Laois-Meath draw double for shits and giggles.

Comment

Galway -8 and Limerick +16 today. 2 singles and the double.

Small bet on TJ Reid to score first goal 11/1
                                                                                Last edited by KevIRL; 20-06-10, 11:36.

Comment

Galway -8 and Limerick +16 today. 2 singles and the double.

Small bet on TJ Reid to score first goal 11/1
                                                                                  Omg Galway is all i can say. Fair play to offaly for their performance though

Comment

Where did Offaly pull that one out of?

Comment

tis great to see the dubs get hammered off the pitch. ye could of at least made it entertaining. makes you wonder about that tv license.

Comment

What price did you get on leitrim +16?

Comment

I will be throwing a decent chunk on Wicklow to beat Cavan at the weekend. Cavan's best player the other day broke his ankle at the weekend and wont be playing obv.

Comment

Fermanagh 3/1 to beat Monaghan 27th 3/1 with PP or am I reading it wrong?

Easy money

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                              Fermanagh 3/1 to beat Monaghan 27th 3/1 with PP or am I reading it wrong?

Easy money
                                                                                              They are easily a 3/1 shot

Comment

I have a dream

Fermanagh claimed a surprise Ulster SFC quarter-final victory over the Farney county at Brewster Park on Sunday. May 2008

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                  I will be throwing a decent chunk on Wicklow to beat Cavan at the weekend. Cavan's best player the other day broke his ankle at the weekend and wont be playing obv.
                                                                                                  We beat cavan pretty easily in aughrim last year. The major change with us fom then to now is our midfield. James Stafford is one of the best in the country and is absolutely in flying form. However we're struggling to find a partner for him Jacko Dalton is a workhorse and purely a wing forward or wing back. This is where we struggled against westmeath. We didnt play at all well against westmeath and still should have won imo. We went in a point down at half time instead of at least 5 points up. I'm just hoping that tullamore is our nemesis ground to play on and that the real Wicklow turn up this sunday.
                                                                                                  A lot of our main stars underperformed such as Tony Hannon (missed frees and was asleep during play identical to last years fixture v westmeath) Leighton Glynn seemed tired or to be carrying an injury and just didnt work as har and carry as much ball as normal. This is a major worry. What kept us in it v WM was Darren Hayden and his tremendous workrate. JP Dalton started corner forward and is a lost cause there.Hes a wingback and nothing else. Ciaran Hylan is possibly the best man marker in the country and started the last day at wingback which was also a mistake. He still played well but both WM corner forwards needed to be marked closer and Alan Byrne & Stephen Kelly to a lesser extent struggled.
                                                                                                  To conclude i really do think Wicklow are a bet but we have to factor in how disappointing it was to be beaten by westmeath and miss out on a leinster semi final and possibly a leinster final spot as louth are very beatable. This will be playing on our players minds as this is the biggest mistake and lost chance they will ever make. If this is playing on their minds they could perform very flatly and thus heading to kingspan park wont be very appealing and will make a victory even harder.
                                                                                                  Hope i make some sense and will add more when i see the team sheet on wednesday.

Comment

This weekends football

London v Wexford

Wexford FTW obviously. They will be very deflated after defeat to dublin but can take enough heart from the performance to put together a bit of a run in the qualifiers

Carlow v Derry

Derry FTW. Again a pretty easy game to pick. I expect that the carlow full back line will feel the backlash of the Bradly's after a poor showing in the first round

Kildare v Antrim

One of the ties of the round. There is big unrest in the Kildare camp which was evident in their loss to louth. I wouldn't be surprised in Antrim nicked this one and will be following the market with interest towards the weekend

Offaly v Clare

Clare football will be on a high after the success in the club championship this year. Offaly are really really poor with the exception of Mcnamee. I expect an offaly win but not by the cricket score the market will probably predict

Longford v Mayo

Mayo. Longford are lolbad

Armagh v Donegal

Armagh FTW and I will also be backing them to beat the h'cap once its reasonable. Iv seen them play 3 times this year and they have been awesome. Monaghan caught them on the hop - funnily enough I had monoghan backed for the Ulster and backed them to beat armagh.

Cavan v Wicklow

This will not be a case of who wants to win more - rather a case of who wants to lose less. Cavan are traditionally woeful in the qualifiers and wicklow have to be on a low after blowing a decent chance at a Leinster final this year. Il probably stay away from this one but if you put a gun to my head id probably say wicklow to win a drab encounter.

Galway v Sligo

Sligo on a high after disposing of mayo. Im betting small on sligo to cause an upset provided its a dry day. Galway are physically bigger so a wet day will suit them more.

Monoghan v Fermanagh

Monoghan FTW easily. They are on an absolute mission to take Ulster this year

Meath v Dublin

My Heart says Meath but my head says Dublin. Both teams have good forwards. Midfield Breaks even if Crawford is playing but their backs >>>>>>> our backs. But one time and all that

Louth v Westmeath

Hard to call. Westmeath are woeful but they will be boosted by all the veterans coming back into the squad. Louth should shade it though. A win over Kildare will mean confidence is high. Wouldnt be putting an awful lot on this game though.

Comment

Agree with most of the above, but I wouldn't touch Sligo, Galway are under rated IMO,
                                                                                                      also think theres a good chance Donegal will surprise Armagh

Comment

Wicklow still favorites vs Cavan. Ty for the post whyno, I didn't know Wicklow were running like that.

I still think i will bet a decent lump on them. Maybe not as much

Comment

Laois (hurling)
                                                                                                          Mayo
                                                                                                          Wexford
                                                                                                          Offaly
                                                                                                          Derry

accum 100 returns 248.18. Cant see any of them not winning.

Comment

Bit of disharmony in Cavan camp + best forward (Johnston) not training and carrying an injury, + only decent midfielder (Gibney) out injured

Comment

Johnston on bench. Gibney gonzo. 5 new starters from last day. Lots of positional changes.

Comment

Wow sick game

Comment

sick game indeed

Comment

Wp Waterford minor hurlers tonight down in pairc ui caoimh. 3 points down going into injury time they get a goal to send the game into extra time. 2 points behind after the first half of extra time they peg it back and the game finishes level 0-24 to 2-18. Replay on in walsh park on July 7th. 4 days before the final tho gg GAA.

Good to see us having some underage success, badly needed. Last year munster minor champs and u-21 finalists. Another munster final would besmashimg.

Comment

London v Wexford

Wexford FTW obviously. They will be very deflated after defeat to dublin but can take enough heart from the performance to put together a bit of a run in the qualifiers

Carlow v Derry

Derry FTW. Again a pretty easy game to pick. I expect that the carlow full back line will feel the backlash of the Bradly's after a poor showing in the first round

Kildare v Antrim

One of the ties of the round. There is big unrest in the Kildare camp which was evident in their loss to louth. I wouldn't be surprised in Antrim nicked this one and will be following the market with interest towards the weekend

Offaly v Clare

Clare football will be on a high after the success in the club championship this year. Offaly are really really poor with the exception of Mcnamee. I expect an offaly win but not by the cricket score the market will probably predict

Longford v Mayo

Mayo. Longford are lolbad

Armagh v Donegal

Armagh FTW and I will also be backing them to beat the h'cap once its reasonable. Iv seen them play 3 times this year and they have been awesome. Monaghan caught them on the hop - funnily enough I had monoghan backed for the Ulster and backed them to beat armagh.

Cavan v Wicklow

This will not be a case of who wants to win more - rather a case of who wants to lose less. Cavan are traditionally woeful in the qualifiers and wicklow have to be on a low after blowing a decent chance at a Leinster final this year. Il probably stay away from this one but if you put a gun to my head id probably say wicklow to win a drab encounter.

Galway v Sligo

Sligo on a high after disposing of mayo. Im betting small on sligo to cause an upset provided its a dry day. Galway are physically bigger so a wet day will suit them more.

Monoghan v Fermanagh

Monoghan FTW easily. They are on an absolute mission to take Ulster this year

Meath v Dublin

My Heart says Meath but my head says Dublin. Both teams have good forwards. Midfield Breaks even if Crawford is playing but their backs >>>>>>> our backs. But one time and all that

Louth v Westmeath

Hard to call. Westmeath are woeful but they will be boosted by all the veterans coming back into the squad. Louth should shade it though. A win over Kildare will mean confidence is high. Wouldnt be putting an awful lot on this game though.
                                                                                                                      apart from mayo im crushing souls

Comment

Good reviews BK.
                                                                                                                        Any nuggets of info on Tipp v Laois?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                          Good reviews BK.
                                                                                                                          Any nuggets of info on Tipp v Laois?
                                                                                                                          Talking to a couple of the Laois lads and they are genuinely confident and say that training is going well even after the loss to Meath. I wouldnt be putting an awful lot on this game though. Tipp stayed with Kerry for 55 minutes until kerry turned on the style.

There's no real value in backing this game so il be avoiding it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X