Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ...*Richness not guarantee of entry to HHE...
    You can definitely buy your way in.

Send PM for details. Only rich people need apply.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Couple of interesting creative break ideas in this
      https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...ting-sculpture

Writing in The Loire Valley might possibly be the greatest holiday ever!

Comment

SO... Ronald Regan... bit of a cunt who's brain went to goo but great one liners and apparently could work a room

errrr..... (sorry Duke lad)

So aaahhhhh...
        SPOILER
        Worse than Trump in EVERY way possible and the one liners are a bit sad when you here the rest

Defo worth a listen.... for the Nancy stuff alone but Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
          Ha good stuff. Best of luck with it . Any wimmin hit on you ?

Yeah but it can be a bit like God's waiting room at some gigs

Occasionally you get some nice bird grinding up against you or standing in front of you staring straight in your eyes with a little smile as you're singing, it's unnerving sometimes.

Had to politely decline some direct offers.....man you can get into soooo much trouble.

I'm not used to the attention at all, Eddie Murphy said it best "There's somethin' about singing, that is the business! You sing, women go crazy! 'Cause Mick Jagger is an ugly motherfucker"
          Last edited by gorrrr72; 23-10-19, 13:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
            Yeah O'Reilly's, bit of a regular there, no one has diet sprite/7up here and they allow my wife to bring her own bottle of it in and pour into her vodkas. I generally loathe Irish bars abroad but this probably my favourite that I've been to.

The Dubliner is much more tourist centered, longer walk for us to get to and as a married man much easier to get into trouble at. They do show the late night NFL games though which is good.

Nope, never been the cave, have heard about it though, it's open until 6 isn't it?In two years living here I have only been to a club or late bar once. The only night I'd have "off" was Sundays so my wife and I would go listen to diddly eye nonsense at the Irish bar(she's American and loves it)
            Ha, it's the same here and my missus brings cans of diet sprite with her too. Bars are fine with it as long as she's buying the alcohol.
            When I was going to Heidelberg the U.S. bases were still open and the bars were full of Americans, I guess a lot retired there, married Germans etc. so there are still a few around that area. They'd love the diddly eye stuff. It's the same in Mannheim, lots of leftovers from when the US bases were there. Weird kind of German/American mix, loads of Germans with American accents when they speak English. Great nightlife though.

Yeah, Niall in the Dubliner is a big Steelers fan so he shows the games.

I was only in the Cave once, narrow spiral staircase into a tiny packed basement where you are ducking most of the time because the ceiling is so low, all I could think was if there was a fire here we are all dead , I hated it.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Snowden is quite the yapper

Edward Snowden is an American whistleblower who copied and leaked highly classified information from the National Security Agency in 2013 when he was a Centr...
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

In this troubled world the twitter mashup account football managers hair on politicians is a little ray of sunshine

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A photographer friend of mine was there a few weeks ago, has posted pics on his instagram

https://www.instagram.com/paulmichael/
                    Wow, mine seem shabby now

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                      So aaahhhhh...
                      SPOILER
                      Worse than Trump in EVERY way possible and the one liners are a bit sad when you here the rest
                      LOL.

Comment

Nick Tosches is dead aged 69.

He wrote the greatest rock biography i've ever read (on Jerry Lee Lewis) and also books on Dean Martin, Sonny Liston, novels about gambling and heroin, taught himself Latin and medieval Italian and would drink til he lost his trousers.

Reading this obituary made me want to read all of his work.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I've posted quite some time ago about weird pricing for bottles of Corona but that was in my local offie which has since closed but this was in SuperValu.

Who in there right mind would buy a four pack?!?!?

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              I've posted quite some time ago about weird pricing for bottles of Corona but that was in my local offie which has since closed but this was in SuperValu.

SPOILER
                              One of the lads bought something today from Fresh with a large price sticker of "€1.75 - or 2 for €4"

Comment

Have a wonderful rugby trip to Montpellier all lined up for January. Flights, trains, accom all ready to go and one fucker just will not commit. Solid beating required.

Comment

Surprised your man got up from his fall there.

Respect

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    Heading to Colombia for 10 days/9 nights in six weeks time. Anyone have any advice on what cities are a must visit/indicative itinerary which may be worth following?

We'll be flying everywhere obv but not keen on the idea of trying to do too much and spending half the trip in airports.

We're flying in and out of Bogota.
                                    Any tips? I'm going for four weeks next month, nothing planned or booked other than return flights to Bogota. May fit in Peru/Bolivia(see how spicy it is), but maybe four weeks across places like Cartagena Medellin Cali is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      the Federalist Society and The Wall Street Journal asked an ideologically balanced group

Bit like asking Stalin and Lenin to pick "an ideologically balanced group" to review Chinese leaders

Ooh and I meant as a human not a leader
                                      Last edited by Guest; 23-10-19, 21:38.

Comment

SPOILER
                                        Had thoughts about this the other day. I sometimes like early evening cans of draught Guinness on a Sunday. Local garage usually have that 4 pack for €7.50. I usually buy that, drink them and am satisfied.

They were out of stock. The single cans were €2.79 but they had an 8 pack for €13.

Naturally I saw the value and bought the 8 pack. Drank 7 of them.

On Monday morning I reflected that 4 of the single cans were actually better value afterall.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Bit like asking Stalin and Lenin to pick "an ideologically balanced group" to review Chinese leaders

Ooh and I meant as a human not a leader
                                          He's very near the top of every survey done, regardless of affiliation.

The 'as a human' bit is interesting. Most of the greatest leaders were assholes of one sort or another. Look at JFK, LBJ, FDR etc.

Comment

Abe Lincoln GOAT US President for sure, mad that Washington tops that list. Abe would probably be number 1 on my list of fantasy dinner guests.

Hmm, makes me wonder who else would I like to chat to? Stephen Jay Gould maybe. Frank Sinatra. Barack Obama would surely be an excellent guest. Likewise Graham Norton maybe, though would that be a waste of a pick with all of history open to me?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                              Abe Lincoln GOAT US President for sure, mad that Washington tops that list. Abe would probably be number 1 on my list of fantasy dinner guests.

Hmm, makes me wonder who else would I like to chat to? Stephen Jay Gould maybe. Frank Sinatra. Barack Obama would surely be an excellent guest. Likewise Graham Norton maybe, though would that be a waste of a pick with all of history open to me?
                                              Obama was fantastic on the David Letterman Netflix show. Definitely worth catching. Jay Z was another I enjoyed even though I wouldnt be a fan of his music

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Obama was fantastic on the David Letterman Netflix show. Definitely worth catching. Jay Z was another I enjoyed even though I wouldnt be a fan of his music
                                                Do you like any hip hop?

Comment

If you don’t have Charlie Chaplin, Peter Cook or Groucho Marx, Robin Williams and Bill Hicks on you dinner list, don’t invite me . (I know, feck off) . I’m not making small talk with Obama when Charlie is making those spuds dance with the forks and quick fire Groucho is cutting the meat with his razor sharp wit whilst all the while Peter Cook is ranting on about the texture of the wind he just omitted from his anus just 5 seconds earlier.

Robin Williams bouncing off Groucho and Bill Hicks blowing smoke up everyone’s arse. What a night that would be. That’s my list anyway for now. I’d also like Peppa Pig as the main course

And ZERO hip hop .

Comment

If you don’t have Charlie Chaplin, Peter Cook or Groucho Marx, Robin Williams and Bill Hicks on you dinner list, don’t invite me . (I know, feck off) . I’m not making small talk with Obama when Charlie is making those spuds dance with the forks and quick fire Groucho is cutting the meat with his razor sharp wit whilst all the while Peter Cook is ranting on about the texture of the wind he just omitted from his anus just 5 seconds earlier.

Robin Williams bouncing off Groucho and Bill Hicks blowing smoke up everyone’s arse. What a night that would be. That’s my list anyway for now. I’d also like Peppa Pig as the main course

And ZERO hip hop .
                                                    Actors or entertainers whose work involved following a script will probably be a disappointment, they are usually quite poor on Celebrity Big Brother. When Groucho has gone through his pre-rehearsed jokes there may not be a lot left. It's possible I'm underestimating him though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Actors or entertainers whose work involved following a script will probably be a disappointment, they are usually quite poor on Celebrity Big Brother. When Groucho has gone through his pre-rehearsed jokes there may not be a lot left. It's possible I'm underestimating him though.
                                                      Groucho was the wrong one to single out there.
                                                      . Hey but you gave the game away by mentioning Celibrity Big Brother .

Comment

Most of his jokes were made with his eyebrows.

Comment

Solks mentioned some of the naturally funniest people though.

Mind you, being able to choose dinner guests from history and choosing entertainers is questionable.

I may have mentioned this before, but my mother went through a period a few years ago of asking this question of people, you could choose 2 people alive or dead. Her best friend was a fan of ice skating and chose Torvill and Dean!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            Do you like any hip hop?
                                                            I dont actively dislike it, I've just never really listened to it and therefore haven't got into it. Would bop along to a song I heard on radio. That's about the extent of my hip hop knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Mind you, being able to choose dinner guests from history and choosing entertainers is questionable.
                                                              Surely the first question asked at any of these tables will be collectively asked by the selected guests...

"And who the fuck are you exactly?"

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                Any tips? I'm going for four weeks next month, nothing planned or booked other than return flights to Bogota. May fit in Peru/Bolivia(see how spicy it is), but maybe four weeks across places like Cartagena Medellin Cali is enough.
                                                                I lived in Bogota and worked for the tourism department so I know most of it, send me your number by pm and I'll answer any questions. Although that was 2011/2012 so might be a bit outdated

Valor lived in Medellin for 6 months I believe so he would be better to speak about there.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  Wasn't Groucho famously a bit of a misery guts, with Harpo the much more sociable, funny one in real life? Could be wrong, fairly sure I read it somewhere.
                                                                  Anyway just strikes me as inviting John Cleese and expecting Basil Fawlty.
                                                                  But it's Solk's dinner so up to him.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                    Ive been at the edge of my seat since, thanks for the update
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Surely the first question asked at any of these tables will be collectively asked by the selected guests...

"And who the fuck are you exactly?"
                                                                      I'm the necromancer, now shut up and be entertaining or it's back to the coffin with you!

Wasn't Groucho famously a bit of a misery guts, with Harpo the much more sociable, funny one in real life? Could be wrong, fairly sure I read it somewhere.
                                                                      Anyway just strikes me as inviting John Cleese and expecting Basil Fawlty.
                                                                      But it's Solk's dinner so up to him.
                                                                      All of the best were like that. You wouldn't want Peter Cook, Robin Williams, or Bill Hicks in their depressed, miserable states either.

Comment

1993 Classic by Tindersticks and Isabella Rossellini - hope you enjoy!She fell in love with my singingShe knew the bells started ringingShe thought there wa...

Comment

Dinner guests: George Carlin, Joe Rogan, Dave Chapelle, Dave Allen. I'd just sit and listen.

Comment

Groucho was a great wit. No depression allowed at the dinner table . I'd say it would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                              Dinner guests: George Carlin, Joe Rogan, Dave Chapelle, Dave Allen. I'd just sit and listen.
                                                                              Right lads. Do you like Wonderwall?

Comment

My dinner guests would be Ewan McKenna, Jamie heaslip, Paul kimmage, Lance Armstrong

Comment

Groucho was a great wit. No depression allowed at the dinner table . I'd say it would be epic.
                                                                                  Just about everyone you invited were full on drunks and junkies who would be passed out before the soup was served. Can't get much more depressed and boring than that

Comment

...Telsa stock up 20% at one stage today, 16.5% now...Musk must be loving his Thursday...

Comment

Just about everyone you invited were full on drunks and junkies who would be passed out before the soup was served. Can't get much more depressed and boring than that
                                                                                      I coke the bastards up beforehand. Peter Cook on Coke , imagine that . Do you even lift bro? Huh. HICKS get your nose out of the soup.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        My dinner guests would be Ewan McKenna, Jamie heaslip, Paul kimmage, Lance Armstrong
                                                                                        What's the main course ? Kimmage?

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                          ...Telsa stock up 20% at one stage today, 16.5% now...Musk must be loving his Thursday...
                                                                                          Not only Elon

And the big money oil shorters hating it!

Comment

Close your eyes and count to fuck

Comment

I coke the bastards up beforehand. Peter Cook on Coke , imagine that . Do you even lift bro? Huh. HICKS get your nose out of the soup.
                                                                                              Speaking of coke gonna wind my mate up tomorrow. He's a copper and I'm giving him a lift to that Sports Place in Santry coz he cant drive at the mo. On route I'm picking up IPB Champ as we are going for pints and poker at IPO. So told him to produce a nice big bag of clear flour on the M50 and ask can we stop in Finglas to drop it off and collect loots. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                Had thoughts about this the other day. I sometimes like early evening cans of draught Guinness on a Sunday. Local garage usually have that 4 pack for €7.50. I usually buy that, drink them and am satisfied.

They were out of stock. The single cans were €2.79 but they had an 8 pack for €13.

Naturally I saw the value and bought the 8 pack. Drank 7 of them.

On Monday morning I reflected that 4 of the single cans were actually better value afterall.
                                                                                                Sounds like you just needed to get behind yourself and give yourself a push of a Monday morning

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Speaking of coke gonna wind my mate up tomorrow. He's a copper and I'm giving him a lift to that Sports Place in Santry coz he cant drive at the mo. On route I'm picking up IPB Champ as we are going for pints and poker at IPO. So told him to produce a nice big bag of clear flour on the M50 and ask can we stop in Finglas to drop it off and collect loots. Should be interesting.
                                                                                                  I was unknowingly going around with a huge slab of ganja in the back of the car for days.
                                                                                                  To cut a long story short I'd organised a vapouriser for a friend who is sick and needs to stop smoking tobacco urgently, after I'd set him up with it he ended up leaving it in my car. It was only today when I was heading to drop it back to him that I picked up the bag and noticed the overwhelming smell, he'd also left the stash he got in advance of a prolonged stay in hospital in the bag

Comment

Between Tesla soaring and Trump floundering I think we should take a moment to #prayforDenny

I'm only marginally more surprised that the Republicunts are still standing behind Trump than the markets keeping Musk going.

Even WeWork has managed to unload Adam Neumann and raise enough money to keep shooting for the moon!

Comment

Comment

I was unknowingly going around with a huge slab of ganja in the back of the car for days.

To cut a long story short I'd organised a vapouriser for a friend who is sick and needs to stop smoking tobacco urgently, after I'd set him up with it he ended up leaving it in my car. It was only today when I was heading to drop it back to him that I picked up the bag and noticed the overwhelming smell, he'd also left the stash he got in advance of a prolonged stay in hospital in the bag
                                                                                                        Reminds me of the time I unknowingly carried a decent sized bag of weed through an airport 6 times (Dublin twice, Amsterdam, Hamburg twice and Frankfurt) over the course of 3 days. Only realised it when I got home.

May have been particularly in trouble in Amsterdam had it been found as I was asking security if I could skip through as I was going to miss my connecting flight.

Comment

Its been years since I've enjoyed listening and relistening to a new album as much as I have to Richard Dawson's latest , gets better on every spin.

He's been an extraordinary presence for years creating some deeply strange work and while this will probably sound a bit easier on the ear to many its no less odd especially when put alongside his previous album Peasant

2020 by Richard Dawson on spotify

Youtube
                                                                                                          Provided to YouTube by DominoCivil Servant · Richard Dawson2020℗ Domino Recording Co LtdReleased on: 2019-10-11Artist: Richard DawsonAuto-generated by YouTube.

Comment

Richard Dawson is definitely growing on me. The last couple of tracks you posted have made me view him in a different light.

In other news I revisited 1980 tonight in the Olympia ...

The official ‘Enola Gay’ music video. Taken from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - ‘Organisation’.REMASTERED IN HD!Stream the music of OMD here: https://OM...

Comment

Have the day free, what should I do today, have any of the Dublin galleries special exhibitions? What's the famine museum like?

Comment

Have the day free, what should I do today, have any of the Dublin galleries special exhibitions? What's the famine museum like?
                                                                                                                Play the IPO, get back in the fight Trippie

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                  Play the IPO, get back in the fight Trippie
                                                                                                                  Fly back sunday morning and only have this afternoon free

Comment

The Freud/ JB Yeats at IMMA is worth a visit, I hear the Sorolla exhibition at the national gallery is good too but I haven't made it there yet.

Comment

This is nuts stuff from alleged journalist Gerry Thornley, calling out Isa Nacewa for making some incredibly mild and subtle criticisms of Joe Schmidt’s World Cup plan, this is exactly the kind of shite coverage that puts people like me Off

Comment

I lived in Bogota and worked for the tourism department so I know most of it, send me your number by pm and I'll answer any questions. Although that was 2011/2012 so might be a bit outdated

Valor lived in Medellin for 6 months I believe so he would be better to speak about there.
                                                                                                                        Cool thanks, PM sent!
                                                                                                                        Between Tesla soaring and Trump floundering I think we should take a moment to #prayforDenny

I'm only marginally more surprised that the Republicunts are still standing behind Trump than the markets keeping Musk going.

Even WeWork has managed to unload Adam Neumann and raise enough money to keep shooting for the moon!
                                                                                                                        Yeah, I shoulda taken that trade off as a big winner. Kinda saw it as a hedge for everything else I have going though. Ah, silly to bet against a successful conman.

I was telling someone about your filter story the other day.

Comment

Anyone else in and out of ulster bank app waiting on wages.
                                                                                                                          They have issues.... Should be sorted by 5.30 ffs better be 🙄
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X