No announcement yet.

Flat racing log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers amber backed them in singles and a small ew double so a good day for a change. Got caught up in a work thing this morning so only posted quite close to the off time of the first one. Hopefully anyone who missed it caught the 2nd one.

Update Sunday: Tooley woods ran ok for 3rd place for a 3.5 pt profit. Mambo was backed all day and ran his usual frustrating race, travelling well but didn't see it out. - 2 pt
    Minus . 5 on the day.
    Bank 105.25. T.I. 229.75

Update mon: both horses won well @ 5/1 and 4/1 for a 22.5 profit on the day.
    Bank 127.75. T.I. 237.75

Comment

Rakaan thirsk 1510 4 pt win @ 5/4
      Have had this in the log a couple of times after he ran well at glorious goodwood, he is a long way from that in this thirsk claimer and he looks a penalty kick against these even with top weight.

Lokis strike folk 2.50. 3 pt win @ 11/4
      Really unlucky last time out when he should have won. Has a good draw and seems to be plenty of money for him.

Bank 120.75 T.I. 244.75

Comment

as a friend of mine often says one day your eating the grapes, the next day your shiting the pips !!
        no good today rakaan and lokis strike both fluffed the start and while rakaan nearly recovered enough to go down by a nose lokis strike didnt show much after his slow start so a 7 pt loss on the day.Anyway onto tomorrow.I think Hanagan could have a good day at Sandown but ive been waiting for the one below to run since watching him lto.

Kharuman 1635 Sandown 3 pt win 11/2 Ladbrokes
        Wouldnt normally be so enthusiastic about a horse that finished last on his previous run but this one went off 2nd fav for a 20 runner hcap at the big york meeting.Seemed to be going well in a good position when got murdered a furlong and a half out and jockey accepted it. Had previously ran well when beaten 2.5 lengths in a listed race at Sandown, has been dropped 2 lbs and a mile on gd-firm will suit. Looks to have Godolphins to beat but with only 7 runners no point in going each way.

Byron bear 1750 Beverly 2 pt ew best morning price (race not priced yet)
        Was coming to win his last race when he got hampered. Got going again and was about to take lead 1/2 furlong out when cut off by 2 horses. Would be giving weight to most of these in a hcap , was pulled out of race last week when ground went soft and young rider has decent strike rate for the yard.

Bank 113.75 T.I. 251.75

Good luck

Comment

Both ran shockers yesterday and Ayr is off today so just one today

Rutterkin 1430 pon 1 pt ew 16/1

Comment

Managed to beat none home yesterday

Richard fahey could have a good day at Ayr:

Holy roman warrior 1710 Ayr 3 pt win 7/2
            Very suspicious ride lto

Majestic moon 1450 ayr 4 pt win 7/4
            Lost race at start lto will like ground

Blazing knight long 1515 2 pt win 7/2
            Running well of late and looks to have fav to beat here

.5 trixie on these 3

Comment

On A real cold streak. Fahey managed a winner at Ayr but not with the ones i picked. Blazing knight couldnt beat the fav and finished 2nd. So back to almost square 1. bank 100.75 t.i. 264.75

A couple of my old buddies going today.
              Bonnie charlie 1345 ayr 1 pt ew @ 14's
              Finally got his head in front and although the ground was good that day he has form early on his career on soft.Dandy nicholls horses coming back to form but he does run quite a few in it.

o gorman 1730 Newbury.1/2 pt ew 25/1
              Takes a big step up in trip but has been finishing off his races well after slow starts.On a winning mark and a 5lb claimer up but a bit of a shot in the dark trip wise.

fast shot 1420 ayr 1 pt ew 20/1
              loves the mud and has a decent draw

bonnie leslie 1620 ayr 2 pt ew 9/2
              Unlucky not to complete 3 timer shoul make frame at least

Comment

Another poor day yesterday bonnie Leslie the only return of money back for third. Bonnie Charlie ran ok prob needs better ground. O Gorman looks to be turning into a right mule playing up before the start.

Bank 95.7
                T.I. 273.75

Going for a max bet today
                Lucy bee 5 pt win 4/1 ham 1420
                Put this in the tracker 2 runs back when he got caught wide and finished strongly. Loves heavy ground and while Osborne has the fav and his horses are in form I think Lucy will be able to finish the race off better. Seems to be a few quid for it as he was 6/1 early

Comment

Back for more punishment.

3 pt win scrapper smith @ 7/2 hay 1625

5 pt win who's shirl wol 1850 @ 9/2

Great to see brimstone hill which I put up last time out go in yesterday at 25/1 after I had taken him out of the tracker!! The joy of racing

Comment

No good sat with scrapper smith pulling too hard early and who's shirl flying home yet again under a terrible ride, really needs a strong jockey.

2 pt ew focail math 1550 bath @ 8/1
                    Ran really well over too short and has good form over this trip

Comment

Focail math could only manage 4th having been left a lot to do, should be up to winning soon.

4 pt win clear praise 1500 wol
                      Very unlucky not to win lto and has a good draw today

Comment

On A terrible run at present. Bank update:
                        Bank 74.7
                        T.I. 294.75

Going for a .5 Yankee tomorrow to try and get back into the black

Spey song Wol 2040.
                        camrock star War 1410
                        Admirality South 1800
                        Waking warrior South 1700

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                          On A terrible run at present. Bank update:
                          Bank 74.7
                          T.I. 294.75

Going for a .5 Yankee tomorrow to try and get back into the black

Spey song Wol 2040.
                          camrock star War 1410
                          Admirality South 1800
                          Waking warrior South 1700
                          backing horses is swingy as fuck at the best of times,keep her lit lad. pm sent btw
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

at least managed a winner today with waking warrior winning well . thought admiralty was going to bring up the double but got caught close home having led all the way. Spey song ran ok and camrock star prob needs to drop a few lb.

bank 69.2 T.I. 300.25

Like the look of Beat the bell tomorrow 1815 Wol. forecast pice is 12/1, but showing around 13/2 on betfair.Slowly away lto ran on strongly around the whole field under a young lady jockey. Has been put in off bottom weight in this claimer and is better off with most of these than in hcap. martin dwyer takes over and should at least place. 2.5 pt ew @best morning price

Blackdown fair looks a big price in the 1945 Wol. Ran well on first try at this trip lto having been forced to race wide stayed on well, stable going ok so going for a 2pt ew @ 12/1

lord of the shadows had some good form as a 2yo and has been unlucky a couple of times this year although has also run poorly a couple of times on firm ground, in the hope the softer ground might produce a return to form and hannon / hughes on fire going for 1 pt ew @10/1

Comment

2 pt ew sarmaratian knight 8:00 wol 2 pt ew @ 7/1

2 pt ew grand jipceck 1400 Catt 2 pt ew @ 15/2

1/2 pt ew double

G.L.

Comment

Great to have the boring jumps nearly out of the way! So going to try this again with a new staking system which I started last Thursday.
                                Starting with € 100 and aiming to add 10% to bank with each winner. For example first horse is 4/1 so I need to have € 2.50 to put my bank at €110. If it wins my next target is 121 so I need to win € 11 off next bet and so on. If first bet loses I need € 12 profit from next bet to reach € 110 and so on.
                                At an average price of 5/1 this will allow me a run of about 15 losers before going busto. If I can manage to fluke through and get to € 500 I'll reduce the bets to 8% of bank to give scope for an even longer losing streak. I reckon 17 winners should get me to € 500 another 9 to €1k , reduce the bets to 5% of bank and another 14 should get me to € 2k.
                                Anyway started on 22/3 and for the first week I have had 15 bets to reach 6 winners and have had 2 losers so far trying to get winner number 7.
                                Bank stands at € 170.7, total invested € 50.5, winner number 7 needs to bring Bank to €195 so profit off next bet needs to be 24.3.todays selections below:

€2 frog hollow 1355 donny 12/1 lost 26.3 off next bet

Regal parade. Donny. 4.50 @ 6/1 lost 30.5 off next bet

Dubai dynamo. Donny. 1 @ 40/1 lost 31.5 off next bet

Rasaman kemp. 3 @ 12/1 lost 34.5 off next bet
                                Last edited by horatio1; 30-03-13, 16:52. Reason: Update

Comment

€ 4 coco bella 1715 cork 9/1

Comment

That went well for first day back posting. Anyway on a run of 7 losers in search of winner number 7 so better get the finger out Monday. No flat tomorrow.
                                    Bank: 155.7
                                    T.I. 64.5
                                    To win off next bet : 38.5

Comment

€ 5 on one way or one way or another 15/2

Brown Pete will be the only other bet today. Stake will depend on how first lad gets on .

Comment

Still can't get to winner number 7. Had € 8 on brown Pete @ 11/2 who went down by a head.

Bank : 142.7
                                        T.I. : 77.5
                                        To win off next bet : 51.5

Comment

Having a ball 1400

Comment

Blood sweat and tears 1630 kemp and McConnell 1720 Southwell last 2 for the day

Comment

The loser train rolls on another 2nd today. This could be a very short exercise if I don't find a winner soon.

Bank. 114.7
                                              T.I. 105
                                              To win off next bet: 79.5

Comment

Xpres maite 1650 and Russian ice 1930 kemp for today

Comment

Another 2 losers and the bank is getting skinny!

Manx missile

Loyal royal

Nine before ten

All Wolverhampton will update bank later

Comment

Well after a 14 bet losing streak and just about enough in the bank for 2 more bets, Graham lee booted home loyal royal to take the pressure off for a while. Bank updated below, Hopefully wont take as long for winner number 8!

03/04 15 @ 5/1 xpres maite lost
                                                    18 @ 5/1 Russian ice lost

04/04 28 @ 4/1 manx missile lost
                                                    30 @ 9/2 Loyal royal won

Bank: 195
                                                    T.I. : 196
                                                    Next bank target :214.5
                                                    to win off next bet : 19.5

04/04 1.50 @ 12/1 Nine before ten lost

Bank : 193.5
                                                    T.I. : 197.5
                                                    Next bank target : 214.5
                                                    to win off next bet : 21

Comment

President Lincoln 1605 leic 2 @ 10/1 2nd
                                                      Aqua ardens 1745 leic 4.5 @ 5/1 lost
                                                      Clock on Tom *1755 wol 4 @ 7/1 2nd
                                                      Sassaway *1920 dun 3 @ 11/1 2nd
                                                      Tennessee wildcat 2020 dun 8 @ 9/2 lost
                                                      Silenceinthewind 2120 dun 4.5 @ 10/1 lost

Bank 167.5
                                                      T.I. 224.5
                                                      Next bank target: 214.5
                                                      to win off next bet: 47
                                                      Last edited by horatio1; 06-04-13, 10:07. Reason: update

Comment

A little unlucky yesterday having 3 seconds, Clock on tom in particular going down by a length having nearly been put over the rail a furlong out. Anyway on to today,need to show a profit of € 47 off next bet so stake is below for first bet and stakes on the rest will depend on how previous horse has done:

ling 13:55 moment in the sun 14 @ 10/3
                                                        ling 16:45 frog hollow
                                                        new 17:35 Keep it dark
                                                        wol 18:50 powerfull pierre
                                                        wol 19:20 little china

Comment

Get in there keep it dark, backed it at 5's returned 10's. To win off next bet 22 so
                                                          4.50 on powerfull Pierre. Nearly makes up for other half having winner of national and me having second but not doing the fc!

Comment

Powerfull pierre keeps the ball rolling. 1.50 on little china

Comment

Update on yesterday
                                                              ling 13:55 moment in the sun 14 @ 10/3 lost
                                                              ling 16:45 frog hollow 8 @ 8/1 lost
                                                              new 17:35 Keep it dark 14 @ 5/1 won returned 10/1
                                                              wol 18:50 powerfull pierre 4.50 @ 9/2 won
                                                              wol 19:20 little china 1.50 @ 20/1 lost

Got an extra 70 off keep it dark . Going to keep this in reserve to cover any shortfalls due to rule 4's or miscalculations where I put the wrong amount on .

Bank 234.5
                                                              T.I. 272.5
                                                              Next bank target: 260
                                                              To win off next bet : 25.10

Comment

Peace seeker 1510 w
                                                                Albaqaa 1540 w
                                                                Conversing 1620 k
                                                                Elsie's orphan 1650 k

Comment

Non runner the best result today
                                                                  Peace seeker 11 @ 9/4 lost
                                                                  Conversing 10 @ 7/2 lost
                                                                  Elsie's orphan 5 @ 11/1 lost

Bank 208.5
                                                                  T.I. 298.5
                                                                  To win off next bet 51.1

Just the one bet tomorrow McConnell 1705 Southwell. Travelled really well lto before being caught by tomorrows fav Sofia's number one.drop back to 7 should suit McConnell more so getting on at 4/1.

Comment

Just the one bet tomorrow McConnell 1705 Southwell. Travelled really well lto before being caught by tomorrows fav Sofia's number one.drop back to 7 should suit McConnell more so getting on at 4/1.[/QUOTE]

McConnell ended up in front of Sofias in the betting but couldnt do the same in the race!

bank 195.5
                                                                    T.I. 311.5
                                                                    Bank target 260
                                                                    to win off next bet 64.1

Comment

Today's selections:
                                                                      1400 L Titan diamond
                                                                      1430 L. Querido
                                                                      1610 N. pres Lincoln*
                                                                      1730 addikt
                                                                      1930 blue wave

Comment

Addikt a non runner sticking hand held in instead and mick Slates 1620

Comment

Boucher garçon 550

Comment

I suppose in poker terms today I went on tilt. This was mainly due to the fact that I thought pull the pin was a good thing yesterday ( mentioned it on ew good thing thread). Having backed McConnell on tues eve to get the price and the fact that pull the pin was running before it meant that I couldn't back it within the system.
                                                                            Already smarting about missing it, when the first 2 went down today and one of the later ones was a NR, I decided to go chasing and put in a couple of " tips " I was given as well as one I only half fancied. all of them having lost and having almost blown the bank, Inearly talked myself out of backing the last of my original selection due to low confidence.
                                                                            Luckily I ploughed on and Willie Buick gave blue wave a cracking all the way ride to notch up winner number 10 for the system . Hopefully can fluke my way to 500 and reduce the % of the bank required to win, only if I learn the lesson from todays madness; discipline, discipline, discipline. Anyway update for today below:

19 @ 10/3 titan diamond lost
                                                                            8 @ 11/1 querido lost
                                                                            8 @ 12/1 president lincoln lost
                                                                            20 @ 5/1 mick slates lost
                                                                            24 @ 5/1 hardheld lost
                                                                            30 @ 9/2 boucher garcon lost
                                                                            25 @ 7/1 Blue Wave Won return 200

bank 260
                                                                            T.I. 445
                                                                            next bank target 286
                                                                            to win off next bet 26

Would be interested to hear if any of the gurus off the EW Good thing thread think this has any chance of success. (Especially GAB/Situation/strewelpeter). I know 10 % of bank is risky but starting with such a small bank kind of forced my hand.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Tomorrows selections:

Rezwaan 1730 kemp, Have been following this one since fanning rode it 3 runs back , looked like a rabbit in the headlights when having buried it had to sit motionless when gaps appeared , shake of the reins and flew home. Next couple of runs had bad draws and drifted like a barge. Has been cut already so hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Silenceinthewind 1810 , another who has been unlucky with the draw in his last few runs, in particular last fri at Dundalk . Not sure how return to turf will suit but did ok on it when in the uk

Takeitfromalady 1930 kemp, a couple of eye catching runs this term and last race was 28k event, has Hughes up tomorrow who should suit the way he needs to be ridden

Comment

#99
                                                                                Rezwaan into 7/2 from 10's last night , hope it's the owners money!

Comment

Rezwaan skates in at 6/4 from 10/1 last night.gangsters.com

Comment

[QUOTE=horatio1;693962]Tomorrows selections:

Rezwaan 1730 kemp, Have been following this one since fanning rode it 3 runs back , looked like a rabbit in the headlights when having buried it had to sit motionless when gaps appeared , shake of the reins and flew home. Next couple of runs had bad draws and drifted like a barge. Has been cut already so hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Didn't see the race, but got a call from a friend who backed it. He said fanning pulled up beside Kelly after the race and gave him a well done pat on the leg like it was the Derby. How do they get away with it.

Comment

Tomorrows selections:

Silenceinthewind 1810 , another who has been unlucky with the draw in his last few runs, in particular last fri at Dundalk . Not sure how return to turf will suit but did ok on it when in the uk

Takeitfromalady 1930 kemp, a couple of eye catching runs this term and last race was 28k event, has Hughes up tomorrow who should suit the way he needs to be ridden
                                                                                      1 out of 3 today ,

4 @ 15/2 Rezwaan won ret € 34
                                                                                      2 @ 14/1 Silenceinthewind lost
                                                                                      4.5 @ 7/1 takeitfromalady lost

Bank 279.5
                                                                                      T.I. 455.5
                                                                                      Next bank target 314.6
                                                                                      To win off next bet. 38

Comment

Rezwaan skates in at 6/4 from 10/1 last night.gangsters.com
                                                                                        some touch landed all right,just had a look back at the bet history,they hit it from all angles,nice call.
                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Today's picks:

Titan triumph- 1500 ling-bit of a punt given the draw but has slipped to a good mark and should be overpriced with a Hugh Taylor selection in race.

Fire in Babylon 1825 wol - eye catcher 2 runs back and excuses last time

One way or another 1900 wol. Have been waiting for this to step up in trip . Had the prolific elusive hawk behind him over 6f recently and he went on to win 3.

First Friday 1915 Dun - Amberleaf got in first with reasons for this sharks horse a big danger but bad price

Croi an oir 2015 dun- short enough but got murdered in the Lincoln when travelling strongly.

Comment

Point north 2100 wol

Comment

Lucky enough to notice point north in the last. Had this in the tracker for a while but must have inadvertently unticked the email alert box. Pretty poor other than that , anyway update below 5 more winners to reach the first milestone of €500.

3 @ 12/1 Titan triumph lost
                                                                                              3 @ 14/1 fire in Babylon lost
                                                                                              5 @ 8/1 one way or another lost
                                                                                              10 @ 5/1 first Friday lost
                                                                                              25 @ 5/2 croi an oir lost
                                                                                              17 @ 9/2 point north won. Ret 93.5

Bank. 315
                                                                                              T.I. 517.5
                                                                                              Next bank target 346.5
                                                                                              To win off next bet 31.5

Tomorrows picks;

York glory 1530 Donny
                                                                                              Loving spirit. 1550 kemp
                                                                                              Mata hari blue 1715 Donny

Comment

Albaqaa 1605 Donny

Comment

Drew a blank today .

York glory ran ok and prob needs a stiff 5 or easy 6
                                                                                                  Loving spirit was unlucky going down by a head with the race not run to suit.
                                                                                                  Albaqaa was well backed but ran poor
                                                                                                  Mata hari blue didn't see out 6 on the ground

York glory 2.50 @ 14/1 lost
                                                                                                  Loving spirit 6.50 @ 11/2 lost
                                                                                                  Albaqaa 9 @ 5/1 lost
                                                                                                  Mata hari blue 16 @ 7/2 lost

Bank. 281
                                                                                                  T.I. 551.5
                                                                                                  Next bank target 346.5
                                                                                                  To win off next bet. 69

Comment

Tomorrows picks;

Destiny blue 1540 red

Smoke charger 1715 leop

Macbeth 1845 leop

Comment

Pretty dissapointing today,
                                                                                                      Destiny blue ran a shocker, both Macbeth and smoker were backed off the boards but didn't justify market confidence. 7 bets since a winner so could do with finding one soon.

Destiny blue 20 @ 7/2 lost
                                                                                                      Macbeth 5 @ 15/2 ,13 @ 4/1 lost
                                                                                                      Smoker 5 @ 8/1, 11 @ 7/1 lost

Bank. 227
                                                                                                      T.I. 605.5
                                                                                                      Next bank target. 346.5
                                                                                                      To win off next bet. 123

Comment

Tomorrows selection:

Xpres Maite 1700 south:

Have backed this one a couple of times on the log having noted him running well when being totally wrong at the weights in sellers. He has drifted last couple of runs but seems to be attracting a bit of early support. 12's into 9's.
                                                                                                        Was going to back Dutch old master in the 1625 but he is short enough at 3/1 . There are a couple of market movers in it so if he drifts to around 9/2 I will prob include him.
                                                                                                        Last edited by horatio1; 15-04-13, 23:15.

Comment

With Hugh Taylor tipping one in it and a couple of market movers looks like Dutch old master will go off a decent price. Backing it at 4/1 for system.

Xpres Maite into 6/1 now

Comment

Pukefest today. Could have backed mata hari blue at 6/4 last night having had him on the log on sat. Looked and turned out to be but would have had to a fair amount of my bank on . Had he lost I would have only had a couple of bets left before wipeout.
                                                                                                            Then had al khan and Dutch old master in the tracker for the same race . Went for the latter and the other one duly won.
                                                                                                            Xpres Maite ran a good race , seemed to hit a flat spot before staying on to be 2nd.

25 @ 5/1 Dutch old master lost
                                                                                                            18 @ 9/1 and 6/1 xpres Maite lost

Bank. 184
                                                                                                            T.I. 648
                                                                                                            Next bank target 346.5
                                                                                                            To win off next bet. 146

Comment

Today's selections;

Availed speaker 1400 bev
                                                                                                              Storm moon 1745 New
                                                                                                              Versalia girl 1920 dun
                                                                                                              Legal legacy 2100 kemp

Comment

Going to throw in first Friday 2050 dun

Comment

And now the end is near....

Been doing this for a month now and with the current run looks like the bank will be bust in about 3 bets if I don't get a winner.

Bank is currently at 44 so I am going to throw the 70 extra I got when I backed keep it dark at 5/1 and he returned 10/1 to give me 114 .

Today I had sanibel and rutterkin in the 8:25 wol. Rutterkin is having his first run so I backed sanibel for the system this morning. We all know what will happen...

Comment

Sanibel got into a bad position from the start and might do better when returned to a mile. Rutterkin ran well on seasonal debut and should win soon.

Waiting for the lucky last at bath and taking a chance on poyle todream. Showed his first bit of form lto at wolv when caught wide for most of the race and running on. Still a maiden but at 16/1 is the type of price I need to get out of this hole.0

Comment

Bank stands at 74 and need to win 309 off next bet. In desperate attempt to keep this going going to divide that in 3 and try to claw my way back in increments. Today's donkeys from the tracker as follows;

Storm charger. 1520 naas
                                                                                                                      Dubai dynamo. 1525 thirsk
                                                                                                                      Regal parade. 1710 thirsk
                                                                                                                      Aqua ardens. 1800 nott
                                                                                                                      Leujaine. 1815 wolves

Have missed some of the fancy prices about a few of these but at least they are getting backed!

Comment

Dubai dynamo managed to win before I went on the hols and on the Monday I flew out had 2 bets.

12 on York glory won 11/1
                                                                                                                        30 on Rosetti lost 9/2

Bank 236.4
                                                                                                                        T.I. 939
                                                                                                                        To win off next bet 168

Today's bets
                                                                                                                        AJ cook bev 1455
                                                                                                                        Malaysian boleh Win 1530
                                                                                                                        Findolex bath 1645
                                                                                                                        Titan diamond bath 1715

Comment

Blank yesterday,Today's donkeys will update bank later if there is anything left:

Daisie cutter 1520 yar
                                                                                                                          Duke of orange 1620 yar
                                                                                                                          More questions 1735 nav
                                                                                                                          Sanibel 1740 kemp

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X