No announcement yet.

HORSE RACING LOG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yellow dandy (me bollix),was well backed from 6/1 to 7/2 on track but more or less pulled up a furlong out
    anyways another trixie for me this morning

Wolverhampton 6.30 Icebuster@ 7/2,was running on well towards the finish after finding trouble over 1m4f last time out,extra furlong should help here

Punchestown 2.25 Just A Par @ 4/1,won well in a point to point last time and the trainer described him as "very, very good",will have it all to do with the Noel Meade trained Heck Thomas (4/5)but worth including at the odds

Punchestown 1.55 Ardglen@ 7/1,3rd in the cork national last sunday(rated 111) and comes here rated 108 with 5 ex,also has some good form over the trip with a few wins to his name in in september last year

tenner trixie (three doubles & one treble)for a total of 40 quid with a potential return of € 2785.00

bank 88 (ti 22.5)
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

just the one winner from yesterday with Just A Par winning very well(still looks green)after being backed into 9/4,Ardglen again well backed going off @ 4/1,ran well but think that more aggressive tactics might have got him home,think he left this race behind him tbh.Icebuster ran ok,again not finding the clearest of runs and ended up in a 1 lenght 5th so no return again but unlucky to say the least not to get some sort of return,keeping Just A Par in the tracker think he'll be snapped up sooner rather then later

racing in Fairyhouse today and just the one bet for me,going with Shrapnel @ 9/2 in the 2.15.trained by gordon elliott whos new stable is in great form at present.
      Was held a few times when second when odds on but ran very well last time winning in galway(had a few decent horses behind that day),hopefully can come on from that in this competitive novice hurdle with plenty of dangers including Sizing Gold(2/1) and Seefood(9/4) to over come,might be a little value at the price

give him a 2 point win

bank 86 (ti 24.5)
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Shrapnel was a non runner yesterday but holds a entry on sunday in limerick,could be worth looking at on the day

eamonn murphy gives a very good wright up on Legal Exit@ 7/1 who runs in the 2.25 in thurles,which is a maiden hurdle over 2m2f.the form lines mainly point to a point to point race in feb of this year which he won very well,back in second that day was Witness In Court who has had 3 runs since,winning a point to point,3rd in a bumper and 2nd in a maiden hurdle in england,back in 3rd that day was Free To Dream who won a point to point next time out and has won a few times under rules (as well as a few also rans)over all that form seems solid enough.legal exit has ran just the one time since winning his pt to pt,finishing 7th in a bumper Fairyhouse but with the first 10 home being sold since shows it was a decent race in its own right.there's a few dangers as always but think this could be a nice e/w bet

2 points e/w

bank 84 (ti 26.5)
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Shrapnel was a non runner yesterday but holds a entry on sunday in limerick,could be worth looking at on the day

eamonn murphy gives a very good wright up on Legal Exit@ 7/1 who runs in the 2.25 in thurles,which is a maiden hurdle over 2m2f.the form lines mainly in a point to point race in feb of this year which he won very well,back in second that day was Witness In Court who has had 3 runs since,winning a point to point,3rd in a bumper and 2nd in a maiden hurdle in england,back in 3rd that day was Free To Dream who won a point to point next time out and has won a few times under rules (as well as a few also rans)over all that form seems solid enough.legal exit has ran just the one time since winning his pt to pt,finishing 7th in a bumper Fairyhouse but with the first 10 home being sold since shows it was a decent race in its own right.there's a few dangers as always but think this could be a nice e/w bet

2 points e/w

bank 84 (ti 26.5)
          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Legal Exit was well backed into 5/2 but fell two out when getting into contention,not too sure if he would have won.hopefully he's alright after that fall and worth sticking in the tracker.seems some serious money starting to fall for Clayton in the november Handicap in doncaster,best odds now 11/1 going fast,some as low as 8/1,worth a point e/w with pp

1 point e/w

bank 82 (ti 28.5)
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

racing in fundalk tonight and going for a little e/w on a outsider in the 7.00 which is a handicap (rated 47-65) over six furlongs
              results over the past few years seems to show that a low draw is a plus here with the last 4 years winners were drawn in stalls 2,3,2,1 and a sample of the last 30 starts over distance show a 70+% win rate from stalls 1-7 in races over this distance at the track.
              this evening there's 17 runners(which i think,a horse who will start up with the pace early from a low draw will help) and the fav is Little Village (11/4)from stall one who won here over distance a few months back,was rated 55 that day with another 5ex,is today off 57 with mcdonogh on board.another one to look at is my good brother(3/1) who popped up over in wolverhampton last time over 5 furlongs and won well off a mark 52,is today off 60 but does have 7lb ex on board,which in effect just a 1 lb raise and can only help,draw from 9 not the best but there's a few with lower draws that have more zeros than bill gates behind them so cant be ruled out.
              the one i'm going for,Richelieu@ 16/1 is a very much exposed horse with 40 plus runs behind him with recent form reading 7400,but when you look back at the history of the horse it shows 6 wins,5 of which are over this distance and in total 2 at this track,two at laytown and one at wolverhampton so at least the surface wont be a problem,has a low draw from 2 which as explained above could help,Richelieus won in november of last year over course and distance off a mark of 49 before going on to win again next time off 54,is this evening off a mark of 58 but has young McKenna on board with 10 lbs ex,(rode the horse last time,finishing well down the field and still retains today).one negitive is that this race was won in recent times by a top jockey,and Richelieu last two wins had a certain mr Hayes to help matters along,tbh this falla could end up running a stinker but over all at the odds i'll give it a fun punt of a score e/w

2 points e/w @ 16/1
              bank 78 (ti 30.5)
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

This has come in to 9/2 with my lack of knowledge on horses I threw tenner free bet on it @ 10s
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  This has come in to 9/2 with my lack of knowledge on horses I threw tenner free bet on it @ 10s
                  very poor run for a horse that was backed from 16s to 9/2 early,never raised a gallop tbh and just didn't seem interested (apologies for that)my good brother took his chance well after drifting out in the market,not for the first time i picked the wrong one.also must have factored in the reserves as there were just the 14 runners which is a little strange as some bookmakers were paying 1/4 the odds first 4 on o/c yesterday morning.any ways same old story with no return
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

having a max bet on Knockfierna@ 9/4 in the 2.55 in clomel today,shes can be a bit ropey at times(ran out a few times,including last time out and also on stephen's day )but has landed a few decent pots along the way will hopefully behave herself today.theres a few dangers as always but at 9/4 well worth a pop in this.

5 point win @ 9/4 (lad)

bank 73 (ti 35.5)
                    Last edited by amberleaf; 15-11-12, 12:21. Reason: wrong t.i.
                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

racing in Fairyhouse today and just the one bet for me,going with Shrapnel @ 9/2 in the 2.15.trained by gordon elliott whos new stable is in great form at present.
                      Was held a few times when second when odds on but ran very well last time winning in galway(had a few decent horses behind that day),hopefully can come on from that in this competitive novice hurdle with plenty of dangers including Sizing Gold(2/1) and Seefood(9/4) to over come,might be a little value at the price

fairy house 1.15
                      this one was a non runner when entered in fairyhouse on the 7th of nov,due to a passport irregularity,kind of ironic given the owners.won last time out in galway and that particular form got a handy boost when second (Rory O'Moore) went on to win very well since,gave a 5 pointer @ 3/1

bank 68 (ti 40.5)
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

hmmmm so that's what a winner looks like,Shrapnel was well backed going off @ 2/1,won very well keeping the 141 rated Turban a 3 length second,could(should) be plenty left in the tank with him,was rated at 111 before today and well worth keeping a eye on,anyways a return of 20 points bringing the bank to 88 points
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Wolverhampton 6.40 Star Links@ 13/2,trained in ireland but this is a right horses for courses job,in total he has won 7 times,5 here,and just the one time at lingfield and naas.bit lumpy in the ratings but has a good jockey booking and has always ran well here

fundalk 830,going to give Richelieua other go @ 14/1,i backed him last week and tbh i could have ran faster myself,but there was a lot of money floating around,(16s to 9/2 before going off @ 6/1)so i would think a better run was expected.is down to a winable mark of 55 and has a good jockey with r p whelan claiming 3 lbs,also won at this time of year at this track,could be throwing good money after bad but sur them the joys

1 point e/w on both and a 1 point win double for a total of 5 points

bank 83 (ti 45.5)
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

no good last time,and with no irish racing on today or tomorrow,theres a few irish trained horses turning up across the pond worth a look

205 kempton Knockfierna@ 3/1 could have a chance but can be quirky at times,is the only booking for davy russell today

250 ludlow Inamalabalusaloon@ 7/4 turned up in cartmel last time landing a good gamble when rated 87 ,has a good jockey booking with derek o conner on board rated 96 today,good chance today i reckon

3.50 Kaki Island@ 4/1 again has derek o conner on board,seems to be plenty of fluff falling for it this morning,breeding looks fine and might be worth taking on the fav (Be Bop Boru) who was well beaten on his first two starts but the breeding with Brian Boru & Henrietta Howard looks very good

a tenner trixie the order of the day

bank 79 (ti 49.5)

in other news Silviniaco Conti won well over the weekend the 16/1 i got a few weeks ago starting to look tasty with the best price now 7s.
                            Last edited by amberleaf; 26-11-12, 10:48.
                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Knockfierna won,Inamalabalusaloon did everything right except win and Kaki Island finished 4th behind Be Bop Boru so no return
                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

might as well kick off with fundalk with a wee trixie to start the weekends punting

in the first in dundalk (5.45) going with Lily's Star @ 8/1,not the first time i backed this horse,but there was plenty of money floating around for this one a few weeks ago (backed from 12s early to 5s)but didn't get any sort of run,slight drop in distance but still rated 58,decent draw and a jockey that knows the horse well(seems to run best when finding cover)

Thurles 2.45,going with Dont Tell Pa@ 3/1,has won three on the trot and has gone up in the ratings as a result,is obviously in great form and hopefully will be able to squeeze one more out of him

willie mcCreery sends a few to wolverhampton today,out of the two Geraldines Lass@ 9/1 looks interesting,recent form is utter shite tbh but as a result is off a very low mark of 61.was rated as high as 80 at one time and she won off 76 last year in tipp all be it over 5 furlongs with todays distance over 7 furlongs

a tenner trixie for a cost of 40 quid and a potential return of € 5260.00
                                bank 75 (ti 54.5)
                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Grand National Good ew fancy

I really fancy this horse to go well today at Aintree at 4.15pm in the Grand National.

Always Waining 33/1

Has won at Aintree before T o' Brien gets on well with this horse sound jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                    Good stuff amber unfortunately had him an ew double with my donkey! One of these days were going to click on the same day. Paddy power watch out!
                                    Today should have been that day Amber but unfortunately I have a rule of not backing in Irish maidens. Did manage a small ew double the other 2.

Comment

Working...
                                    X