less Wine/whinging more Walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

less Wine/whinging more Walking

So I am strarting this thread as kind of a record of my weekly routine... Not going to bore you with daily routine because it really depends on what Colette decides to wake up, the lazy one of the determined one.

Anyway... At the moment I am the heaviest I have ever been, to be honest I am a little to embarressed to put up my weight on a public forum, but I know and thats enough, maybe in a few months I might. I joined Slimming world last week after reaching the new low of untagging pictures of myself from the IPB game

Ate shit loads of the right stuff all week, did a bit of walking and I am down 5 Ibs my first week, which is a huge amount and I have no doubt it will even itself out this week..

So below is the list of thing I intend on doing over the next month to improve my fitness and hopefully reduce my weight
    • Cut out wine completely as it is basically just sugar, swap it with having a few Vodkas here and there (Decided not to cut out drink completely)
    • Try to include more walking in my daily routine. Silly things like getting of bus 2 stops earlier and walking into work.
    • Snack on only fruit and vegetables etc.,
    • Reduce my bread intack to max 2 slices a day
    • Reduce my carb intake and increase my protein intake
    • If I go to a card game have fruit etc., (or Babybel lights) with me for the break and avoid break time food like the plague, go out have a walk around, sit in car listen to radio and have my food etc,

Typical days food intake last week was

Brekkie
    Actimel before headed to work
    Banana/2 Mandarins 2 apples during morning in work

Lunch
    Chicken, Salad of Luttuce Cucumber Tomatoe, grated carrot, pickled onions, tablespoon Sweetcorn, boiled egg. Fat free salad dressing or Lemon juice... (no bread sigh)

Snack (before going to Course) 2 babybel lights, 2 slices of ham

Dinner
    Jacket potato with either tuna on it or maybe tin of baked beans
    and salad

Some days i would have scrambled eggs on toast in the morning
    and for evening I would have another salad with strong flavoured fish like kippers or herring..

I am still getting my head around Slimming world, so do not want to comment too much on their plan, but it seems good, and I have stayed around after the weigh-in for the class and it is full of women and men, who just want to be healthier and feel better about themselves and their self esteem.

Sometimes, actually no alot of the time I am my own worse critic, and to be honest I thought the task was too great, but I have broken it down into sections of "Half a stone at a time" so for next week I would love to lose 2 Ibs to break my first "half stone marker" but will settle for maintaining the weight loss

Anyway Moneymaker is an inspiration to us all to get off our lardy arses and get fitter.. and I would like to thank Julianne for recommending Slimming World to me

So in the Immortal words of Tommy Cooper
    " I'm on a Whiskey diet, I've lost 3 days already"

Last edited by smurph; 24-06-11, 21:03.
    Follow me in twitterland

Best of luck with it Collette. Need to do something like this myself. It's the old cliche, "lifestyle change" that I need to get my head around.

I will be following with interest and rooting for your success

Comment

I found cutting out bread altogether simpler than trying to stick to 2 slices. Starchy carbs are what leads to blood sugar and insulin spikes, and from there to cravings for sweet stuff. Focus on the positives, not that you are overweight now, but how healthy and energetic your gonna feel when you lose a few lbs. Try something like http://www.fitday.com, the mere fact of recording what you eat can help you to stay on the straight and narrow, as well as allowing you to measure progress and make alterations to diet.
      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

GL Smurph, hope it goes well for you

lol at Mellor though

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          GL Smurph, hope it goes well for you

lol at Mellor though
          Name changed now lol
          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Going to run through this quickly as I know from your blog and your posts over the years that you arent happy with your weight and struggle to get any kind of forward lasting momentum;

So I am strarting this thread as kind of a record of my weekly routine... Not going to bore you with daily routine because it really depends on what Colette decides to wake up, the lazy one of the determined one.
            You're like my Dad, and as Ive always said to him, if your serious about losing weight then the lazy Collete will have to take a hike. Its said weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise for most people. IMO its 40% diet, 40% Mental determination/Willpower and 20% exercise.

Also, by giving yourself this attitude you are already on the way to making excuses.

Anyway... At the moment I am the heaviest I have ever been, to be honest I am a little to embarressed to put up my weight on a public forum, but I know and thats enough, maybe in a few months I might. I joined Slimming world last week after reaching the new low of untagging pictures of myself from the IPB game
            This is the motivation you need. Every time your about to slip up think of how untagging those photos made you feel.

Ate shit loads of the right stuff all week, did a bit of walking and I am down 5 Ibs my first week, which is a huge amount and I have no doubt it will even itself out this week..

Keep this up. Every week try better last weeks effort. Write it all down. If your not assessing, you're guessing.

So below is the list of thing I intend on doing over the next month to improve my fitness and hopefully reduce my weight
            • Cut out wine completely as it is basically just sugar, swap it with having a few Vodkas here and there (Decided not to cut out drink completely)
            • Not cutting out drink is fine. Spirits with coke zero if possible. Low calorie, low sugar. Have been informed by some medical professionals that keeping your mixers clear is more beneficial than stuff like coke but tbh, I havent read any studies or evidence to back this up.

• Try to include more walking in my daily routine. Silly things like getting of bus 2 stops earlier and walking into work.
            More walking is 100% a positive step. More More walking should be next weeks.

• Snack on only fruit and vegetables etc.,
          Careful here, this is a pitfall for many. Fruits are naturally high in sugar (carbs). I would cut fruit out completely and get a decent multivitamin. Some people here will prob disagree here but I find from experience that having fruit you start carb cravings all over again and are more tempted to binge. If you have high willpower (and lets face it, you wouldnt be here if you did) then fire away.

• Reduce my bread intack to max 2 slices a day
        • Similar to fruit. Forget about it. Nutritionally crap and a sure fire way to be a slave to carbs long term.

• Reduce my carb intake and increase my protein intake
        • If you just did this you'd see results. 'just doing this' though is the hard thing.

• If I go to a card game have fruit etc., (or Babybel lights) with me for the break and avoid break time food like the plague, go out have a walk around, sit in car listen to radio and have my food etc,
        • Here is what it takes and you are displaying the correct attitude here. If I told you the lenghts I went to to get the weight off me at my heaviest and the lengths I still go to to get stronger and leaner you'd think I was stark raving mad (and Im on holidays in OZ)

Typical days food intake last week was

Brekkie
          Actimel before headed to work
          Banana/2 Mandarins 2 apples during morning in work

Lunch
          Chicken, Salad of Luttuce Cucumber Tomatoe, grated carrot, pickled onions, tablespoon Sweetcorn, boiled egg. Fat free salad dressing or Lemon juice... (no bread sigh)

Snack (before going to Course) 2 babybel lights, 2 slices of ham

Dinner
          Jacket potato with either tuna on it or maybe tin of baked beans
          and salad

Some days i would have scrambled eggs on toast in the morning
          and for evening I would have another salad with strong flavoured fish like kippers or herring..
          Breakfast is absolutely crap. Eggs. Boiled, scrambled, poached. Whatever way you prefer. each way takes about 10 mins. Ive a study here somewhere that showed that people who ate eggs for breakfast every day v a control group lost more weight over 6 weeks than those that didnt. (many reasons for this but being more full, more dietary fat and no slave carb cravings would be the main ones)

Eggs are pure greatness.

Lunch is actually pretty decent. Good work. Try having more chicken and less sweetcorn/carrots. Add some spinach leaves. A good rule of thumb for salads is keep them as dark green as possible.

Dinner is ok. Potatoes are very starchy. Tuna is another wonderfood. Try maybe get tuna fillets and steam them with some peppers and onions. Delicious and nutritious. Similarly do that with Salmon fillets. For dinners try have some meat with some green veg. (like lunch)

am still getting my head around Slimming world, so do not want to comment too much on their plan, but it seems good, and I have stayed around after the weigh-in for the class and it is full of women and men, who just want to be healthier and feel better about themselves and their self esteem.
          I suspect this bit was written due to the stick Michelle took over Weightwatchers. Thats cool and to be admired and encouraged. Assessing where you stand every week is massively important. Use slimming world for that end. I'd be skeptical and assume their nutritonal info is absolute crap though.

Sometimes, actually no alot of the time I am my own worse critic, and to be honest I thought the task was too great, but I have broken it down into sections of "Half a stone at a time" so for next week I would love to lose 2 Ibs to break my first "half stone marker" but will settle for maintaining the weight loss
          Everyones their own worse critic but its the best way to have it. At the end of it all who else do you really answer to?

Again, displaying the right attitude here. Keep the goals small and realistic BUT always be thinking long term. This should be easier for you given you're a poker whizz.

Remember this too because its very important: It took you a lot of time to put that weight on, its not going to come off quickly and definitely not as fast as you want it too but IT WILL COME OFF. Patience and dedication will get you pretty much anywhere.

Anyway Moneymaker is an inspiration to us all to get off our lardy arses and get fitter.. and I would like to thank Julianne for recommending Slimming World to me
          Best of luck. In this part of IPB you have people that are extremely knowledgeable on nutrition and exercise. Use it.

I'll tell you what Collette, if you are REALLY serious about this shoot me a PM and Ill put together a proper daily meal plan for you.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
            Going to run through this quickly as I know from your blog and your posts over the years that you arent happy with your weight and struggle to get any kind of forward lasting momentum;

You're like my Dad, and as Ive always said to him, if your serious about losing weight then the lazy Collete will have to take a hike. Its said weight loss is 90% diet and 10% exercise for most people. IMO its 40% diet, 40% Mental determination/Willpower and 20% exercise.
            Also, by giving yourself this attitude you are already on the way to making excuses.
            This is the motivation you need. Every time your about to slip up think of how untagging those photos made you feel.
            Not cutting out drink is fine. Spirits with coke zero if possible. Low calorie, low sugar. Have been informed by some medical professionals that keeping your mixers clear is more beneficial than stuff like coke but tbh, I havent read any studies or evidence to back this up.
            More walking is 100% a positive step. More More walking should be next weeks.

Careful here, this is a pitfall for many. Fruits are naturally high in sugar (carbs). I would cut fruit out completely and get a decent multivitamin. Some people here will prob disagree here but I find from experience that having fruit you start carb cravings all over again and are more tempted to binge. If you have high willpower (and lets face it, you wouldnt be here if you did) then fire away.
            Similar to fruit. Forget about it. Nutritionally crap and a sure fire way to be a slave to carbs long term.

If you just did this you'd see results. 'just doing this' though is the hard thing.
            Here is what it takes and you are displaying the correct attitude here. If I told you the lenghts I went to to get the weight off me at my heaviest and the lengths I still go to to get stronger and leaner you'd think I was stark raving mad (and Im on holidays in OZ)

Breakfast is absolutely crap. Eggs. Boiled, scrambled, poached. Whatever way you prefer. each way takes about 10 mins. Ive a study here somewhere that showed that people who ate eggs for breakfast every day v a control group lost more weight over 6 weeks than those that didnt. (many reasons for this but being more full, more dietary fat and no slave carb cravings would be the main ones)

Eggs are pure greatness.

Lunch is actually pretty decent. Good work. Try having more chicken and less sweetcorn/carrots. Add some spinach leaves. A good rule of thumb for salads is keep them as dark green as possible.

Dinner is ok. Potatoes are very starchy. Tuna is another wonderfood. Try maybe get tuna fillets and steam them with some peppers and onions. Delicious and nutritious. Similarly do that with Salmon fillets. For dinners try have some meat with some green veg. (like lunch)

I suspect this bit was written due to the stick Michelle took over Weightwatchers. Thats cool and to be admired and encouraged. Assessing where you stand every week is massively important. Use slimming world for that end. I'd be skeptical and assume their nutritonal info is absolute crap though.

Everyones their own worse critic but its the best way to have it. At the end of it all who else do you really answer to?

Again, displaying the right attitude here. Keep the goals small and realistic BUT always be thinking long term. This should be easier for you given you're a poker whizz.

Remember this too because its very important: It took you a lot of time to put that weight on, its not going to come off quickly and definitely not as fast as you want it too but IT WILL COME OFF. Patience and dedication will get you pretty much anywhere.

Best of luck. In this part of IPB you have people that are extremely knowledgeable on nutrition and exercise. Use it.

I'll tell you what Collette, if you are REALLY serious about this shoot me a PM and Ill put together a proper daily meal plan for you.
            Thanks for the reply, very detailed, one thing though you said about cutting out fruit, I really like fruit and vegetables and tbh I really don't think you should cut something out completely.. I know some fruits are high in sugar but isn't natural sugar good??

I have started to have Porridge with a banana cut up in it every 2nd morning, for breakfast so hopefully that will help

I know Michelle got a slating about the Weight Watchers thing, but thats not the reason I didn't say much about Slimming World, I am trying to get my head around the plan. Did okay the weekend, had a few vodkas with 7up free, trying to stear clear of Diet coke as its full of caffeine. Went to JP's game and when the pizzas arrived at the break, I went out to the car and had my salad with Peppered Mackered and some fruit, so well pleased there.
            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Marks and Spencers are v handy for grabbing something in a hurry if your out and about and havent brought food with you. They have lots of smoked salmon, leafy salads etc. Great deals on rainbow trout and other fish atm as well. They do a small packet of cabbage, leek and broccoli that is v easy to microwave.

Comment

Natural sugar is still sugar.

Stick with berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and gojiberries are the nuts.

You MUST have a good breakfast. Can't stress this enough. A few boiled eggs, an ommelette, bowl of oatmeal + berries, berries + low fat natural yogurt, anything like that.

You can get egg whites(Dunnes sell them) if you're worried about eating too many eggs. They have all the protein, none of the cholesterol.

Cut out the potatoes also. Bread should go also.

Set yourself weekly/monthly targets. It gives you something to focus on, it really does help(at least it did for me).

Lunch is good, dinner should be high protein meat + 2 veg/stir-fry(use beansprouts, not noodles) etc etc.

Take Theresa's words to heart. Remember how you felt when you untagged yourself. Imagine how you'll feel when you reach your goals. And how you'll look. Use that to keep going.

On mocata's point, M&S do have a decent selection of healthy stuff. As do Dunnes. I find myself food shopping there most often.

Good luck.

Comment

There seem to be a lot of us on a slimming buzz at the moment, good luck with it Smurph - keep up the log!

Comment

Breakfast breakfast breakfast.

Essential if you want to control your intake that this is always big, fat and protein laden.

Omelletes with ham peppers cheese etc. Scrambled eggs with cheese, two slices of bacon. Two poached eggs and a fillet of salmon. Sausages (90%+ pork) and more eggs. You feel better for the whole day when you get off to a good start. You will be more confident of finishing each day in deficit and you will have more fuel to keep you going until lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Breakfast breakfast breakfast.

Essential if you want to control your intake that this is always big, fat and protein laden.

Omelletes with ham peppers cheese etc. Scrambled eggs with cheese, two slices of bacon. Two poached eggs and a fillet of salmon. Sausages (90%+ pork) and more eggs. You feel better for the whole day when you get off to a good start. You will be more confident of finishing each day in deficit and you will have more fuel to keep you going until lunch.
                      This is something I really need to work to get better at myself as well.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                        I know some fruits are high in sugar but isn't natural sugar good??
                        All Sugar is bad. Fruit sugar (fructose) is actually one of the worst. This is the sugar they use in Coca-Cola.
                        Natural is a tag stucked on by marketing departments. Natural sounds like it means halthy, but it really doesn't. Consider this, if Heroin or Cocaine where legalised tomorrow. Both would appear in the supermarket with a 100% natural ingredients label.

I know Michelle got a slating about the Weight Watchers thing, but thats not the reason I didn't say much about Slimming World, I am trying to get my head around the plan. Did okay the weekend, had a few vodkas with 7up free, trying to stear clear of Diet coke as its full of caffeine. Went to JP's game and when the pizzas arrived at the break, I went out to the car and had my salad with Peppered Mackered and some fruit, so well pleased there
                        There's a million miles of difference between doing WW and eating healthy, and doing WW and eating junk (but staying under your daily points). MSN was taking the "ah, sure I'm still under my propoints so its ok" angle. It was more Michelle attitude that people disagreed with.

Anyway Smurf, you appear to be dedicated and your approach is perfect. Avoiding the fried crap they served at poker games is actually one of the hardest things to do I found. It's thjere, you've paid fopr it and most of the time there are no other options. I also think, well i'm planning on makign the final table so I need something to eat, and convince myself that its ok.
                        Fair play for resisting. it mgiht be a good idea to keep some handy snacks in the glove obx,like a tine of tuna, or maybe beef jerky (very healthy, and takes a while to eat so you get the milage out of it)

Comment

Thanks for the replies lads, really helpful, guess I'll cut back a bit on the sugary fruit (pineaples etc.,) had Porride this morning (28G) made with water, and cut up a banana and mixed it into it, was lovely... keeping me going

Just had the new Glenisk Low Fat organic strawberry greek style yogurt, very tasty if the name is longwinded... nom nom (I know sad cow)...

To conteract this niceness I am thinking of ways of petrol bombing the bleedin Viking tour bus that swings by the office every half an hour with people screaming wa ha....... GRRRR

First week it was okay, but getting a bit old now.

Edit FML just read the back of the carton... Low fat my hole,,,,, theres Whole Milk and Cream in it

Nutrition Information

Per 125 Serving (which I wolfed down)

137 Kcal
                          Protein 20.6 g
                          of Which Sugars 19.1g
                          Fat 3.8 g
                          of Which Saturates 2.4g

Glenisk can just go and fuck off

You really have to be careful with some products that say Low Fat... Lot fat compared to normal greek yogurt maybel, but that is silly figures above, no wonder it tasted lovely....

Anyway good week so far (Maybe went a little overboard with noodles the weekend), but have been watching like a hawk what I have been eating. Hardest time is going to my course about 5ish from Work, don't know what to bring. There isn't really anywhere to eat, so yesterday bought packet of Babybel lights and had 2 before I went into course and then had salad bout 8.30 p.m. last night.

Made butternut squash soup aswell over weekend and it was lovely,

Hopefully im down in my weigh in tomorrow night, but maintaining will do me, as 5Ibs first week is alot.
                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

You're going to fail if you keep this up. Simple as that really. That'll prob come across as harsh but its not meant to.

Also, you still seem pretty misinformed about what to be eating (noodles, banana's, sugar filled youghurt ffs). I mean, this could all be ok if you are eating under maintenance calories and getting enough protein, but I doubt you are given its so easy to binge on these things.

You've got a ton of info in this thread and loads of people chimed in to help you and you seem to be ignoring it.

Also 5lbs the first week is fine given your weight (I think you had it in your sig iirc) and aiming for maintenence this week is not the right attitude. If you maintain fine, but aiming for it is just a route to a cop out and an excuse.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Im not ignoring the advice here, thanks for it, But I thought a banana is good because it has potassium and also mixed in with the Porride is better that just all fruit in the morning no?

Anyway I am trying, that is the main thing. I mean a breast of chicken chopped in a stirfry with a load of vegetables and some noodles, isn't exactly doing a dog on it. I have practically cut out bread, scones any of that stuff, so a little patience with me grasshopper.

I was told that my breakfast of just fruit was bad...

Ps I still think 5Ibs is too much to lose in a week, for a woman the recommended weight loss is 1.5 - 2Ibs per week, I know I have a lot to lose but I think small and steady is better than yo yoing....I know the first week you lose more, more protein less sugar/ more protein less sugar/ repeat afterme
                              Last edited by smurph; 29-06-11, 10:54.
                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Eggs for breakfast Smurph!

I'm going to have to put "Eggs for breakfast" as my sig once I win that Coppers card

Comment

I know you are trying and that 100% is the main thing. But you dont want to be deluded or be kidding yourself either, its harmful in the current and its harmful in the long run.

Again, fair dues on cutting certain foods out, but you don't really need the noodles. They are just as bad as bread. Just add more vegetables.

Regarding breakfast, Im blue in the face saying this around here. EGGS!!!! Superfood, set you up for the day, keep you feeling full, lots of protein and good healthy fats. I havent a bad word to say about eggs. Also, all that shit about Cholestoral is horseshit. Dont even start with me.

And the woman is wrong. In this case. 1-2lbs a week is a good long term goal for someone (as in, itll even out, sorta like variance). At the start, for someone a good bit overweight, you have the capability to lose more (and thats fat too, not just weight).

Comment

Okay fair enough eggs it is,
                                    but I really like bananas sigh
                                    bit like 56 soooted.... they have great potential

I do appreciate the advise being given, thanks lads....
                                    I'll get up a little earlier and give myself the time to have my powerfood that is eggs in the morning.
                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Okay fair enough eggs it is,
                                      but I really like bananas sigh
                                      bit like 56 soooted.... they have great potential

I do appreciate the advise being given, thanks lads....
                                      I'll get up a little earlier and give myself the time to have my powerfood that is eggs in the morning.
                                      As I was saying earlier in the thread, I'm a disaster for skipping breakfast entirely (can't drag myself out of bed in the mornings - pathetic ), but I did have an omelette for breakfast yesterday and felt like a boss all morning.

If you're not one the unlucky people who can't stand eggs then get on that train because as Theresa says they are an absolute superfood.

Comment

Meridian Peanut butter out of holland and barrett can be a good alternative to eggs for brekkie. Plenty of protein and fat, two tablespoons and you wont be hungry for hours afterwards. There are dozens of ways to cook eggs tho, juevos rancheros, eggs benedict made with asparagus/spinach instead of muffin, omelettes, eggs in ramekins with veg and meat. Google for low carb muffins, those are easy to make a batch of 12 at start of week and use when you need a quick snack.

Comment

Thanks for the replies lads, really helpful, guess I'll cut back a bit on the sugary fruit (pineaples etc.,) had Porride this morning (28G) made with water, and cut up a banana and mixed it into it, was lovely... keeping me going

Edit FML just read the back of the carton... Low fat my hole,,,,, theres Whole Milk and Cream in it

Nutrition Information

Per 125 Serving (which I wolfed down)

137 Kcal
                                          Protein 20.6 g
                                          of Which Sugars 19.1g
                                          Fat 3.8 g
                                          of Which Saturates 2.4g

Glenisk can just go and fuck off

You really have to be careful with some products that say Low Fat... Lot fat compared to normal greek yogurt maybel, but that is silly figures above, no wonder it tasted lovely....

Anyway good week so far (Maybe went a little overboard with noodles the weekend), but have been watching like a hawk what I have been eating. Hardest time is going to my course about 5ish from Work, don't know what to bring. There isn't really anywhere to eat, so yesterday bought packet of Babybel lights and had 2 before I went into course and then had salad bout 8.30 p.m. last night.

Made butternut squash soup aswell over weekend and it was lovely,

Hopefully im down in my weigh in tomorrow night, but maintaining will do me, as 5Ibs first week is alot.
                                          You bought the worst yogurt of the Glenisk range. Their organic low fat is far far better:

Per 100g -
                                          Calories - 66
                                          Protein 5.4g
                                          Carbs 6.8(2.0g sugar)
                                          Fat 2.0g (1.2g)

Superquinn do their own one too, similar values, bit more sugar(3.0g i think). Pretty sure Dunnes do also, not sure of the values off hand though. Also sat fat is not bad. Sugar is your real enemy.

There's a reason I use it all the time in smoothies and with berries and stuff.

Also, Omelette's, omelette's, omelette's. Load them full of tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, onions, garlic and serve with a side of lettuce or spinach(raw). You can't have a better start to the day. Also, ditch the noddles and use beansprouts. Far far better.

Your heart is in the right place and thats admirable but you can do better then 'maintenance' for the week. You have the knowledge, really there is no excuse.

Comment

Just back from weigh in down 2Ibs got a little Certificate for the half stone gone

Going to set myself a realistic target of half a stone a month..... which averages about
                                            1.5 Ibs a week weight loss, Roll on off the next half a stone......
                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Told you! Great work Smurph, its not easy and you're nailing it.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Just back from weigh in down 2Ibs got a little Certificate for the half stone gone

Going to set myself a realistic target of half a stone a month..... which averages about
                                                1.5 Ibs a week weight loss, Roll on off the next half a stone......
                                                well done thats great stuff

Just so you know a stone a month is huge going - it will take a little more than 1.5 kg a week not pounds so maybe change the goal a little?

Comment

Thanks guys for the advise, I'm goin for a steady weight loss.....feel better in myself...
                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                    well done thats great stuff

Just so you know a stone a month is huge going - it will take a little more than 1.5 kg a week not pounds so maybe change the goal a little?
                                                    No, I said I was going for Half a stone a month, a stone would be mental... I know I have lost half a stone in 2 weeks but that is not going to continue, so 1.5 Ibs a week would be approx half a stone a month
                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

weigh in tonight up a 1Ib, gutted, but not going into the dramatics but just to say that at certain times of the month women retain fluid... fully expect weight loss next week.

Its like getting my AK done by A5, you smile at the player while secretly you want to pulverise him.....

So I am going to try and embrace this wonder of eggs..... but I have to admit something I don't like omlettes much... I know heethen, but I also don't get quiche....

This is in my receipe book its called Vegetable Frittata
                                                      Throw some chopped red onion,
                                                      and garlic in pan and fry (using low cal cooking spray)
                                                      add chopped peppers, corgette and mushrooms and cook til soft.
                                                      Add 2 whisked eggs and cook til set, finish off under the grill..

I am going to cook this and have cold at lunch with Side salad....

For breakfast I am going to have 28grams of porridge cooked in microwave with water,
                                                      and add chopped banana, (no milk)

Going to try and cut out bread completely from the diet, see how that helps

For fruit I will have blueberries, strawberries etc., (still not convinced about cutting it out completely) well because I like fruit simple as, and tbh fruit wasn't the thing that made me put on weight, sugary alcohol, savoury food did (why do i hear Teresa in the background banging his head agains the laptop)

For this week, I plan on uping my excercise, going to the gym and doing some cardio work and then some a swim (starting of gently and then working up from there)

Said i would keep an update warts and all, so here's to that pound coming off and more on top... roll on weigh in next week
                                                      Last edited by smurph; 07-07-11, 18:43.
                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Dont be disappointed by the figure smurph, weight loss is by no means linear. Could be due to any number of factors, I have seen mine fluctuate by as much as 5 lbs day to day depending on water consumption.You are best weighing yourself first thing in the morning, under the same conditions all the time. Your food diary comes into its own when you have a result you dont like, if you are meticulous about keeping records you can analyse your diet and maybe start to include/exclude certain items.

Comment

1lb is nothing. Insignificant in terms of a week. It could literally be anything from water retention to slow digestion of food to meal timing. Hell it could even be the clothes/shoes you were wearing.

I know people say well 2lbs a week is a good thing to aim for. Well, this disheartens people when they dont get a loss of 2lbs a week, which again is usually statistically insignificant.

I aim to lose 4-5 pounds every 14 days. If you weigh yourself ever 10-14 days you'll see it a lot clearer. Weighing yourself every week is a lot like weighing yourself every day. Pointless to most people.

Saying that, I do weigh myself every week now but Im aware of the fluctuations my body usually goes through and I am paintstakingly nitpickety when it comes to weighing myself under the exact same conditions.

Comment

Yeah 1lb is nothing and certainly not worth getting downhearted over.

I weighed myself the first Monday of every month. I aimed for 5kg a month(about 11lbs). Obviously I needed to lose a massive amount of weight, but that goal was perfectly feasible(I did 13/15 months).
                                                            Last edited by Moneymaker; 07-07-11, 22:45.

Comment

weigh in tonight up a 1Ib, gutted, but not going into the dramatics but just to say that at certain times of the month women retain fluid... fully expect weight loss next week.
                                                              I wrote a reply near the start of this thread before but deleted it as it looked like gibberish

It basically said what the lads have said above

DON'T be a slave to the scale

as long as you are doing the right things and going in the right direction you will get there eventually

If you obsess with the scale you can end up making bad choices to meet an end of week target and that weight will only bounce back on (with interest!)

For fruit I will have blueberries, strawberries etc., (still not convinced about cutting it out completely) well because I like fruit simple as, and tbh fruit wasn't the thing that made me put on weight, sugary alcohol, savoury food did (why do i hear Teresa in the background banging his head agains the laptop)
                                                              I have eaten no wheat or fruit & no added sugar (or booze ) during the last 10 days or so & I can notice the change (no idea if I have dropped any weight)

Missed a few days gym due to withdrawl (like a zombie for about a week )
                                                              but it defo makes a difference

good luck!
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 07-07-11, 22:55. Reason: *

Comment

seriously not getting down over it at all..

My mind is in the right place, and that is all that matters. Its funny, nobody can help you but yourself, its like the light bulb has finally turned back on in my head. I am going out tomorrow night with the crowd I used to work with, but we have picked a place in town a good pub that you can get food if you need to, so I am eating all the healthy stuff before I go out. Then rule No. 2 is pint of water with every 2 drinks, so that will help with the consumption of alcohol....
                                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Weigh in tonight, down 4.5 IIbs yepee,,,,
                                                                  In short all hail to the super food that is eggs

Still eating shit loads of fruit though (better than fried food or takeaways)

Total weight loss in 4 weeks 10.5 IIbs... Going to push hard for the stone gone for next week.....

It's a good day
                                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Great job smurph.

Comment

super stuff Colette, keep going!!
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Get the fuck in.

Comment

Keep er lit Collette. You'r doing great.

Now if only you'd listen to me about the fruit and have nuts/berries instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                            Keep er lit Collette. You'r doing great.

Now if only you'd listen to me about the fruit and have nuts/berries instead.
                                                                            went shopping today and kept hearing the words berries/berries
                                                                            Bought strawberries/blueberries/blackberries lol....

and a dozen eggs... ALL HAIL to the eggs....
                                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

#40
                                                                              went shopping today and kept hearing the words berries/berries
                                                                              Bought strawberries/blueberries/blackberries lol....

and a dozen eggs... ALL HAIL to the eggs....
                                                                              Fair play Smurph id advise taking all blueberries outta the box pick out bad ones one bad one can ruin a box overnight they turn furry not good enjoy

Comment

#41
                                                                                well done collette , i have been following you, very proud of ya!!!
                                                                                you must be thrilled

its a great thread as im also robbing all the tips and feel like im going to turn into an egg myself

I gave up bread and switched to dutch crisp cakes kinda like melba toast but round and fatter, no bloated feelings anymore its great!

Keep up the good work!!!
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

#42
                                                                                  welcome back, its been quiet without you, glad your back

ps since you've been away, Damo has a big heart and Bubbleking slowrolls, but lol he's from meath (I might have been drinking a few Wodkas) oh yeah and cardshark202 going to crush the main event of the wsop
                                                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

#43
                                                                                    Weigh in tonight - another 2Ibs done, that makes 12.5Ibs total, just 1.5IBs to go to the magic Stone gone.

Absolutely delighted, as I had alot of personal sh*t going on last 2 weeks,

SPOILER
                                                                                    gave my notice in my part time job. He wasn't giving me the full 20 hours, ie if He wasn't in tomorrow he would just say don't come in, also he wanted me to take holidays when he was. It was a tough decision, especially in this economic climate, but signed up with an agency on Wednesday for temp work, got a call in the afternoon and got 2 weeks work in KBC bank as a temp covering the PA over 3 senior heads of department. Trained up today, and tbh I thought it was brillant, felt alot more confident, so think I made the right decision. I was so nervous going in this morning but the facilities and building was really modern, and the work aspect right up my alley. You know the aul saying, get the foot in the door, and the experience in a corporate environment is priceless. The women training me up is brilliant, so all is good.
                                                                                    I degress
                                                                                    Last edited by smurph; 21-07-11, 21:04.
                                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

#44
                                                                                      dusting off the cobwebs and re-start

Hi all

Instead of starting a new thread i would dust down this old one and start as i mean to go on....

Re-joined slimming world and am down 3.5 IIBs in 2 weeks. I have been huffing and puffing (literally) over the last few months trying to lose some weight. I bought a bike and had been cycling in and out of work 3 - 4 times a week (Approximately 14km each round trip) Although i felt much healthier and fitter i over compensated on the food cause the cycling gave me a horses appetite.... so i have tried to regulate this.

I am doing this for me, and my hope is to have 21 IIbs (1 1/2 stone gone by Christmas). It is the 12 weeks to crimbo so i feel this is very achievable...

I have cut out the wine completely (because it is basically bottled sugar) and not worth the syns......drinking vodkas instead...

Organisation is the main thing and planning ahead with your meals. Breakfast is my main obstacle..... (I know eggs are king... eggs are king... lol) so will have to work on that.

The job is going great (my snazzy permanent job btw ) but the hours are long.. I am at my desk at 7.45 a.m. so I am up at 6.30 a.m. and either bus or cycle in and have shower there. I try and wait until 09:00 a.m. to go to canteen and get brekkie (which is a banana and fruit cup) with fat free yogurt some mornings or other days there is porridge and I add maybe a dozen sultanas to it......

On Fridays they have full breakfasts ..... so I have scrambled eggs, beans and tomatoes for breakfast -obviously no sausages/rashers

Lunch i either have brought my salad stuff in or have a big (I mean big salad with meat etc., and a baked potato) ..... other days I might have dinner in work and salad when I go home. Depends whats on in work basically, i don't do cottage pie/lasagne/curries cause i am not sure of what oils are in them...... I will have dinner if bacon is on or chicken breast or roast beef, because i can have it with Baked potatoes and vegetables ~(no sauce)..

Most evenings I work to 6.00 p.m. - 6.30 p.m. except Fridays because i try to get out on time that one night....

I am not going to update weekly - more do a monthly update so it is more of a log for me...

Anyway onwards and upwards as the saying goes... I found this picture which I thought was quite apt

Follow me in twitterland

Comment

#45
                                                                                        GL Smurph.

I consider you a poker friend and I wouldn't be much of a friend if I didn't say the following:

If you want to start losing weight for the last time then stop trying the same failed strategies.

Please try this

What if being overweight isn't your fault but just your bodies reaction to certain foods which it's intolerant of? What if feeling guilty about overeating is entirely misplaced guilt and you are a victim of large corporations selling you bullshit? What if losing fat didn't have to be hard or involve suffering?

Please spend a week educating yourself and I can promise you a stone in fat and water loss in a month. This is weight that will never come back. If you want more info drop me a line.

Killing yourself with exercise and starving yourself isn't the answer. There is an easier natural way if you're not afraid to be a bit different and to suspend your disbelief.

Good luck with the reboot either way and I won't be banging on anymore if you decide to go with the traditional route you've always done but if you want to try what I've done I'll post any help I can.

Olly.
                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#46
                                                                                          Breakfast: full Ulster, coffee with 6 sugars.

Lunch: big mac meal, vanilla milkshake.

Dinner: snack box and 2 batter sausages.

Snack: A carrot.

Repeat for 3 weeks and notice the weight fall off!

On a serious note, I hear natural cranberry juice is the nuts.

Gl

Comment

#47
                                                                                            Contact me on here via PM or via Facebook and we'll see what we can do.

Comment

#48
                                                                                              Thanks for you reply Olly.... going to keep trying the Slimming world for the moment. I really didn't do it justice last time, but feel like something has clicked this time round (so to speak)

Anyway week 3 weigh in and down 5Ibs in total, so delighted.
                                                                                              Cut out the wine, and if I want to drink I have a vodka... No beer, and had 2 glasses of wine at Martins mam and dads 50th wedding anniversary bash, tbh didn't like it at all, and it wrecked my system the next day

Hopefull will hit my half a stone by next week. Plan is to lose 1.5 stone by christmas..... Already feel alot better in myself.

Eating loads of vegetables and fruit (berries etc.,) and yes yes yes eggs are king..

Anyway will update in another couple of weeks.
                                                                                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

• Working...
                                                                                                X