New year new me 2013 make or break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New year new me 2013 make or break

Ok so I've been thinking about this for weeks and figured this was as good a time as any new year new start.

Ok first of all I'm trying to give up smoking going cold turkey.

Setting myself a goal of losing 5 stone joining a gym and getting back to what I love playing football after all I'm only 27 and need to set some kind of example to the kids.

Pokerwise I'm going to really start putting some more work into my game and eventually try make a living from the game or just give it up altogether.

I won't be posting graphs from online or any figures but I will be posting alot of hands and interesting spots I come across (all criticism welcome) won't be starting with the gym work and poker properly till the kids are back in school next week but being a non smoker starts from first thing tomorrow morning.

Looking forward to hopefully this time next year being a lot healthier fitter and on my way to being a successful poker player.

Wish me luck

Gave up smoking 60cigs a day 25 years ago Cold turkey only way to go Best of luck

Comment

Good luck John!!
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

gave them up 4 years ago cold turkey but if you can get your hands on the allen carr cd's(downloadable online) they'll help. i listened to them 3-4 times over the first 3 weeks and never looked back.

best of luck
        inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

I gave up twice using nicorrette gum 6 months and currently 18 months. Cold turkey is uber tough give yourself the best chance imo use the help that's available. I still get cravings btw some curse they are.

Comment

Off them 5 weeks(not cold turkey) cravings are fierce still. You need will power and a lot of it.

gl gl

Comment

Quick update off the smokes 13 days now been chewing lots of gum feeling good about this attempt.

Joined the gym got a crazy deal €27 p/m unlimited use. Been going easy just trying to build myself up little by little light treadmill work and some swimming.
              Been going for walks twice a day also just to help a bit.

On the poker side I hope to play clane this weekend haven't really bothered other than 2 small games in my local cardroom.

Anyways hope to keep this up now ill add to it next week with progress and with a proper training plan is done.

Comment

Originally posted by IPB Champ View Post
                Off them 5 weeks(not cold turkey) cravings are fierce still. You need will power and a lot of it.

gl gl
                Proud of you.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                X