180 yearly grind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180 yearly grind

decided to start a log to document my yearly grind of 180's will try and update as much as possible starting with last months grind.As you'll see it was my worst month ever since starting to play 180's seriously in january last year. really happy with the volume i put in and should be getting the same amount if not more games every month from now on.

will use this thread for posting some hand histories aswell from time to time and if anyone wants to ask any questions fire away.

Yeah, but how much did you win.

GL.

Comment

played with you a few times in these. Do you mainly play the turbo's?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
        played with you a few times in these. Do you mainly play the turbo's?
        yeah just 180's from the 3r's to the 15's as soon as im out of this downswing i'll be adding turbo mtt's.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
          yeah just 180's from the 3r's to the 15's as soon as im out of this downswing i'll be adding turbo mtt's.

Some volume you put in, its needed though I suppose, huge variance in these. Good luck, will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Comment

Turn that graph upside down looks fine

Instead of just ploughing on when in a downswing do you not reduce games
            reduce tables see if you can plug some leaks?

If you are millions of tourney chips below -ev then its fine.
            However mass multitabling one can get sloppy and mistakes can creep in.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
              Turn that graph upside down looks fine

Instead of just ploughing on when in a downswing do you not reduce games
              reduce tables see if you can plug some leaks?

If you are millions of tourney chips below -ev then its fine.
              However mass multitabling one can get sloppy and mistakes can creep in.
              i've reduced tables from 30 down to 20 for a while to give myself some more time to think decisions through etc and review hand histories from the night before every morning before i start playing. imo most of the downswing last month was completely standard and was just coming out the wrong side of coolers/flips on FT's especially 15's. i was still making tons of FT's and running deep etc.

Comment

i've reduced tables from 30 down to 20 for a while to give myself some more time to think decisions through etc and review hand histories from the night before every morning before i start playing. imo most of the downswing last month was completely standard and was just coming out the wrong side of coolers/flips on FT's especially 15's. i was still making tons of FT's and running deep etc.
                Yes when 740 up top and 42 for 9th in a 15 doll 180 bad end of few flips and graph nose dives.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                  Yes when 740 up top and 42 for 9th in a 15 doll 180 bad end of few flips and graph nose dives.
                  and when it happens all month you get my january graph

Comment

Pokerprolabs has you in profit for $6.5k over the last 30 days playing 180s but your graph has you down $5k for the same amount of games/time?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Pokerprolabs has you in profit for $6.5k over the last 30 days playing 180s but your graph has you down $5k for the same amount of games/time?

they dont track 3r games properly think it has me up 15k or somethign over the last 90 days aswell, they are WAAAAY off

Comment

they dont track 3r games properly think it has me up 15k or somethign over the last 90 days aswell, they are WAAAAY off
                        Ah right was wondering who was more off! I checked the graph a while ago when you said you played 250 a day and was thinking you were flying! Just goes to show how much they can be off over the space of a month

Comment

Good Luck with it seen you at afew of my tables alright, thing will obv come good. I am going through a 3k games break even stretch in them atm. I'm Finding it hard for the motivation to 16+ table for 9 hours I might ask Laois hammer what how he does it. gl anyway

Comment

and stars update this morning has fucked up SnG's for everyone sigh gg todays grind

Comment

Was just going to start a big 180man grind and all do ye think they will be back up today at all?

Comment

they'll prob be back up later on reckon they'll cancel all the 180's going now and do equity chops

Comment

Mite play later on so cheers

Comment

Gl karl, we might have to do a month long prop soon for the irish regs am sure we could get brian byrne on board aswel.

Originally posted by Zippppppy147 View Post
                                    Good Luck with it seen you at afew of my tables alright, thing will obv come good. I am going through a 3k games break even stretch in them atm. I'm Finding it hard for the motivation to 16+ table for 9 hours I might ask Laois hammer what how he does it. gl anyway
                                    Hah funny ya mention me i just had my longest ever session yesterday (20hrs,, realised in the middle of the grind it was turbo night so didnt wanna miss them )
                                    Just never been so motivated + since getting coaching im alot more comfortable in mtts so adding alot more of them in which helps me reg longer. Started the year on the SS leaderboard aswel and wanna stay there, seeing the work ethic some of the 180 regs have put in and the success there having now in mid + high stakes makes me feel very lazy about what ive accomplished so far.

Comment

Have u got coaching for 180mans hammer or just mtt's?

Comment

wow that's a pretty sick you played half of what I played last month yesterday yeah noticed you on the ss leader boards gl with that also. True about the work ethic of other 180 regs esp LilBigKahuna he is a sicko. The most I have played in one month is like 1600 which is not great plan on at least 2k games this month.

Edit: Bump on the month long prop, set that shit up would be fun and might motivate me to do some good volume.
                                        Last edited by Zippppppy147; 02-02-12, 18:09.

Comment

Going to ask a very vague question but so be vague with the answers (would it be $3.50?)

How much would you expect a decent 16 tabling 180 reg with an ABI of $10 who plays 30 hours a week to earn over a year?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                                            Going to ask a very vague question but so be vague with the answers (would it be $3.50?)

How much would you expect a decent 16 tabling 180 reg with an ABI of $10 who plays 30 hours a week to earn over a year?
                                            i honestly wouldnt have a clue you would need someone smarter than me to answer that, LH should be able to answer it imo

edit: can't answer that
                                            30 hours a week doesn't say anything about volume
                                            and decent doesn't say anything about roi
                                            Last edited by chips1234; 02-02-12, 19:29.

Comment

Between 35-45k id say

Comment

Gl man, i'm with you on your downswing along with your motivation to grind out of it.
                                                Been putting in a lot of work myself lately especially on my mental game alongside daily review and analysis.

I've a copy of Jared Tentlers ebook "The Mental Game Of Poker" if you want it, aimed specifically at pros. Has a tonne of helpful material.

Month long prop sounds good but nothing drastic.
                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post

20% roi would be shit hot the way the 180s have gone recently so $2 per game. You can work out for yerself how many games that might be.

Comment

180 grinders itt! Gl

Comment

Originally posted by GAWA9 View Post
                                                      180 grinders itt! Gl
                                                      <3 gawa

hopefully stars holds up today, they shipped me enough back this morning for yesterday to be close to a $400 day after only playing 40 games

Comment

update for today, shit enough day happy enough with volume since i was only 20 tabling, had chances to make it a better day happy that its not a -1k+ day lol

Comment

update from last night sharkscope is missing games and profit for me was +300 last night and +800+ on the month so dunno whats going on with it.

feb 4th graph

monthly graph

Comment

havent updated this in ages, havent played the amount of volume i was hoping for this month, with loads of birthdays and have had internet problems for the past week.

graph for whole month so far

hoping to reach at least 3k games before the month is over.

Comment

had good day yesterday, added 15's backin after taking a break from them due to running like shit in them,hoping to push on now.

Comment

looks like your crushin' these .. gl keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                                                                  looks like your crushin' these .. gl keep it up.
                                                                  thanks i wouldnt say im crushing them want to start beating them for over $2 a game and get my ROI up by a decent % aswell.

Comment

Well done, are these mainly turbos?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                      Well done, are these mainly turbos?
                                                                      they're all turbo's $3r-$15 180 man

Comment

and the heat continues today

Comment

had to stop registering today after 67 games because the lag on stars, if anyone is having trouble with the lag aswell email stars asap and post the link to this thread http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/61.../#post31794954 on 2+2 and dont let them tell you that the problem is on your end as its not.

Comment

stars working fine for me started playing bout an hour ago

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                              stars working fine for me started playing bout an hour ago
                                                                              its happening randomly to lots of people sunday iwas fine no lag at all while loads of people i know on skype were experiencing it, i dont know why it happens but im def trying to get refunded buy ins for todays and some days last week that it happened to me

Comment

#40
                                                                                had a good solid february, happy to get january behind me and forgotten about,always feels good to grind out of a $4k downswing.

goals for march are

- min 5k games

-22k vpp's ( to get to an even 50k on the year)

- final table a an mtt on stars

- $5k profit on the month

Comment

#41
                                                                                  haven't updated in ages because i've only played 3 days this month due to internet problems, the first two days i dropped like $1250 because my net couldnt kept dropping and i was sitting out tables for ages at a time which was very frustrating, played 200 games yesterday for $700 and change profit, hopefully my net is sorted now and i've no more problems for the month.

also as some extra incentive for the month, if i don't hit 5k games for the month i will review 3 hand histories for anyone who plays 180's and would like some of their games reviewed, so if your interested in that first one to quote this wins i guess.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    played like a maniac today and was way too aggressive altogether, stopped regging early for damage limitation.

todays graph

monthly graph

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Best of luck with yer grind mate, used to grind these myself, have slacked off a lot lately though! Reading this thread after givin me a bit of appetite to get back at them!! glgl see ya the tables

Comment

#44
                                                                                        good day yesterday, was + $528, sharkcope is missing $104 from yesterday and has me down $700+ on the month even though according to my cashier i'm only down $272.

it seem that they are way off with my results or it could be something to do with $3r's.
                                                                                        either way its pissing me off that its off in some way as i eventually wanted to get on the leaderboards on there.

yesterday was very frustrating despite have a decent enough win, i ran terrible for most of the day on $15 ft's and it was till my last 20 or so tables that i started to heater a little.
                                                                                        saturdays are just as good as sundays for playing imo as the fish are out in their thousands, any sort of run good and it could turn into a very good day.

saturday 10th graph

graph for the month

gl everyone for today run hot

Comment

#45
                                                                                          good day at 180's yesterday, only mtt's i played was the million and the hot 16.50, played well in the million early on to get up to about 17k, after that i was quite card dead and started to try and force things a bit too much, ended up 3 bet shoving 55 into original raisers KQ and he flopped the nuts.

graph for yesterday with out million

graph for 180's for the month missing about $500 profit due to sharkscope not tracking $3r's properly

today is the first day of the month that im going to put in some decent volume in mtt's playing most if not all the turbo's up to the 27KO.

glgl

Comment

#46
                                                                                            PokerStars Hand #78071269672: Tournament #540161790, $13.77+$1.23 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2012/03/30 21:54:19 WET [2012/03/30 16:54:19 ET]
                                                                                            Table '540161790 16' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
                                                                                            Seat 1: GordonStr222 (3455 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 2: Dhr.siebers (2717 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 3: chips1234 (1395 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 4: fried liver (3810 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 5: Zippppppy147 (178 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 6: the_thorpdeo (3258 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 7: Stephan111 (1547 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 8: blinky369 (2037 in chips)
                                                                                            Seat 9: Team Amaroq (3816 in chips)
                                                                                            Dhr.siebers: posts small blind 75
                                                                                            chips1234: posts big blind 150
                                                                                            *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                            Dealt to Zippppppy147 [5d 3d]
                                                                                            fried liver: folds
                                                                                            Zippppppy147: calls 150
                                                                                            the_thorpdeo: folds
                                                                                            Stephan111: folds
                                                                                            blinky369: folds
                                                                                            Team Amaroq: folds
                                                                                            GordonStr222: folds
                                                                                            Dhr.siebers: folds
                                                                                            chips1234: checks
                                                                                            *** FLOP *** [4d 2s Ks]
                                                                                            chips1234: checks
                                                                                            Zippppppy147: bets 28 and is all-in
                                                                                            chips1234: folds
                                                                                            Uncalled bet (28) returned to Zippppppy147
                                                                                            Zippppppy147 collected 375 from pot
                                                                                            Zippppppy147: doesn't show hand
                                                                                            *** SUMMARY ***

Don't mean to be a A hole or anything but do u think you will have a better roi and make more $$$$$$ if you drop afew tables think you were playing 28 tables at the time

Comment

#47
                                                                                              lol i actually remeber that the gf was talking to me at the time, and i just turned back around and clicked fold then said wtf

in regards tables im comfortable enough playing 20-30 tables it sometimes gets above that and i cant handle it very well then. if i go on some sort of huge downer i drop tables to 20 and focus more on them.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                              X