have to show or not ruling please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have to show or not ruling please

ok i raise two off button big blind calls flop comes kkj big blind checks i check behind turn is
    9 big blind bets 6k i call river is 7 big blind checks i check behind they turn over 9 10 i fold
    and toss my cards tyoward dealer big blind starts shouting saying they are entitled to see my hand what is the ruling please ?

Originally posted by curehead View Post
    ok i raise two off button big blind calls flop comes kkj big blind checks i check behind turn is
    9 big blind bets 6k i call river is 7 big blind checks i check behind they turn over 9 10 i fold
    and toss my cards tyoward dealer big blind starts shouting saying they are entitled to see my hand what is the ruling please ?
    They can see your hand if they want but it would be considered bad etiquette to ask to see someones hand in this situation I think.

Comment

If your hand hasn't hit the muck with the other dissed cards, he can technically ask to see.

But would be bad form.
      Last edited by Calculator86; 23-04-12, 14:32. Reason: mis-spelling
      You don't know what pressure is until you've played for $100 a hole with only $10 in your pocket.:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
        They can see your hand if they want but it would be considered bad etiquette to ask to see someones hand in this situation I think.
        As BB was last aggressor (on turn) surely OP can see their 910 & fold without having to show?

Only reason for having to see OP's cards is if someone else on the table suspects collusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          As BB was last aggressor (on turn) surely OP can see their 910 & fold without having to show?

Only reason for having to see OP's cards is if someone else on the table suspects collusion?
          i thought that was the case
          i know if lets say i bet on river and was called and i mucked
          they are entitled to see the cards as they had paid for the information.

Comment

Tournament show, cash fold I think

Comment

Anybody at the table can ask to see your cards and your hand remains dead but it would be considered very bad etiquette.
              However if the other person in the hand (in this case the BB ) asks to see your hand then your cards become live again and can win the pot if you have made a mistake .

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Pretty sure he has a right to see them if he wants. Also, would depend on what rules where in play as regards 'last aggressor'. Wasn't there some weird version of this at the EMOP or UKIPT??

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                  Anybody at the table can ask to see your cards and your hand remains dead but it would be considered very bad etiquette.
                  However if the other person in the hand (in this case the BB ) asks to see your hand then your cards become live again and can win the pot if you have made a mistake .
                  As usual Damo is 100% here. A good explanation.

Comment

Hole in 1 for Damo, spot on

On 3 occasions now I've seen the other player make the mistake of asking to see the hand only to find out he made a mistake and had the best hand & had to wave bye bye to the cash

Also same rule in both cash & tourney I thinks

Comment

i know ye are saying it's bad ettiquite and all that but surely if a person demands to see your cards in this situation they couldn't care less about ettiquite
                      i know online tournament if it goes check check you only ever see the hand that won no ?

Comment

i know ye are saying it's bad ettiquite and all that but surely if a person demands to see your cards in this situation they couldn't care less about ettiquite
                        i know online tournament if it goes check check you only ever see the hand that won no ?
                        Not true. If you going into the hand history online you will also see their cards that were folded

Comment

no u can see both hands in an online tourney if the pot goes to showdown..

Comment

well i would want 2 see his hand just 2 get a read on him

Comment

Originally posted by rockmick View Post
                              well i would want 2 see his hand just 2 get a read on him
                              if everytime it went check check and people weren't allowed to fold and had to show
                              what their holding was it would make a right prick of the game.
                              personally i find it ridiculous
                              you won the pot move on to the next hand please

there really should be a hard and fast rule like yes you have to show if asked ettiquette or not
                              or no you don't have to show if you don't want to .

Comment

there really should be a hard and fast rule like yes you have to show if asked ettiquette or not

The rule is already there, if asked you must show. simples

Bad etiquette is just an after taste like me farting a rite one at the table and hanging around to bask in its glory it has nothing to do with the ruling

Comment

if everytime it went check check and people weren't allowed to fold and had to show
                                  what their holding was it would make a right prick of the game.
                                  personally i find it ridiculous
                                  you won the pot move on to the next hand please

personally I find people constantly trying to be the last to show their hand much more annoying, desperate not to give away the slightest information. Just turnover on showdown ffs.

Comment

Working...
                                  X