Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Are there eagles in Wicklow now? Me and Small (family name for youngest child) pretty convinced we saw one.
    Pretty sure there's a bird sanctuary in Wicklow that might have some, there's definitely some decent sized birds of prey here though may not have been an eagle

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      I would say about 10% of handballs are actually deliberate in the proper sense of the word.
      ...Yeah, think his hand went towards the ball so right decision...But absolutely no chance it was a free kick leading up to the goal, didn't touch him...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
        Pretty sure there's a bird sanctuary in Wicklow that might have some, there's definitely some decent sized birds of prey here though may not have been an eagle
        Buzzard imo, upon further research.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          He's gone fully unraveled. Doubling down on the pedo stuff

Comment

Downright clinical. France have had more goals than chances.

Comment

Croatian keeper's modus operandi seems to be 'plant the feet and look puzzled as the ball goes into the net'.

Justice Gods having a cut off Croatia for being highly enthusiastic Nazis in WW2.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  They're cold hearted clinical bastards when given a chance, the French.

Hard to see them even backing off now out of courtesy as every player on the pitch will want to be scoring a World Cup Final goal.
                  You should know better really.

Do it again.

Comment

That was nearly as good as the Lollerpool keeper in the CL final.

Comment

Comment

Congrats Shrap
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Congrats Shrap
                          Cheers dude. Great game of football. Absolutely delighted, and really tough draw they got through. Best team of the tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                            Cheers dude. Great game of football. Absolutely delighted, and really tough draw they got through. Best team of the tournament!
                            Congrats, I think Belgium were better, especially against you guys. Stupid decision by them to listen to Situation and win hte group. Croats got no luck

Comment

Comment

Comment

Kerry were absolutely terrible today. Clifford remains a class act. The last place I’d want to go after that is Clones. Monaghan could put them out of the Championship.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                    Man that guy Trump really is disturbing up front. Was kinda relaxed to view him as just fcking up his own country, but he's just downright dangerous to the world. Hopefully a bit of political reshaping in November might at least restraint his greatest dangers.
                                    Calling his own on the record comments 'fake news' was a new level of special.

As is meeting Putin without preconditions. Any normal president would say 'hand back Crimea and hand over those 12 GRU officers (acting under your command) who conducted information warfare against our country...then we'll talk. You sonofabitch.'

(Last bit is important )

Not Trump though. Bought and paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                      Kerry were absolutely terrible today. Clifford remains a class act. The last place I’d want to go after that is Clones. Monaghan could put them out of the Championship.
                                      Yep. Monaghan know a win will put them through. Kerry more likely to finish bottom than go through imo. Could be all over before the 3rd game anyway if Monaghan beat them and Galway win which you'd expect. Disaster.

Comment

As is meeting Putin without preconditions. Any normal president would say 'hand back Crimea and hand over those 12 GRU officers (acting under your command) who conducted information warfare against our country...then we'll talk. You sonofabitch.'

(Last bit is important )

We need Jack back to give us trumps side of this meeting

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                          We need Jack back to give us trumps side of this meeting
                                          Jack has been recalled by Moscow Central and has been liquidated for thought crimes.

Comment

(Last bit is important )

Sure it all happened under Obama's watch? Was he bought and paid for?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Would ya ever cop on!

How would a Trump supporter who appeared to be a sensible person at one time go about dismissing and refuting what Fintan O'Toole was saying the other day?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Musk after deleting all his pedo tweets. Any normal company he'd be done as CEO.

Comment

Would be nice to have someone that doesn't praise dictators and overstep the office for the next round though.
                                                    Are you saying you don't want Trump to get a second term?

Comment

Comment

You'd like to think he doesn't have the linguistic capacity to understand what the word Foe means but you get the feeling that Putin wanted it said before Trump goes to collect his wages.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Would ya ever cop on!

How would a Trump supporter who appeared to be a sensible person at one time go about dismissing and refuting what Fintan O'Toole was saying the other day?

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/f...flow-1.3543375
                                                          Guess I got the date of the annexation of Crimea wrong.

He's tough on illegal immigration, I don't agree with it, but equating that to fascism is clearly nonsense.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-07-18, 21:23.

Comment

If anyone wants to see what you look like if you play poker 12 plus hours a day for a week straight youtube the final hand of wsop 2018 and the subsequent interviews.

The two lads brains are clearly mush, they have that glazed over look you can only get from poker and one of them looks to be frenziedly trying to reign in a complete breakdown.

Made me want to go somewhere where there is always a game running thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  Yep. Monaghan know a win will put them through. Kerry more likely to finish bottom than go through imo. Could be all over before the 3rd game anyway if Monaghan beat them and Galway win which you'd expect. Disaster.
                                                                  I just can’t get my head round how bad they were. Maybe it’s the rain or something. The last time they were that poor was the 2016 final I think.

Of all the problems (and there were many) the most inexplicable was how they got absolutely cleaned at midfield. Savage and Moran are probably the best pair in Ireland (although Brian Howard might oust MDMA and challenge that) but they were brutalized.

Comment

Been a long summer away from home and I'm looking forward to flying home in a couple days but to get to work a $1,000,000 buyin poker tournament is pretty cool.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I just can’t get my head round how bad they were. Maybe it’s the rain or something. The last time they were that poor was the 2016 final I think.

Of all the problems (and there were many) the most inexplicable was how they got absolutely cleaned at midfield. Savage and Moran are probably the best pair in Ireland (although Brian Howard might oust MDMA and challenge that) but they were brutalized.
                                                                      I actually think Maher did well (apart from two brain farts that almost lead to goals) I'd forgive those and put it down to him maybe coming in cold. The only ball we won cleanly in midfield was when he came on. Our best play was from 70 to 75 minutes when we actually kicked long ball and attacked. It was very frustrating. When we conceded the goal we had an extra man on cos Galway had a man sent off and a black card issued which left them on 13 for a few moments but somehow we managed to get turned over inside their 45 and concede a goal.

Comment

This is pretty cool..

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                          I actually think Maher did well (apart from two brain farts that almost lead to goals) I'd forgive those and put it down to him maybe coming in cold. The only ball we won cleanly in midfield was when he came on. Our best play was from 70 to 75 minutes when we actually kicked long ball and attacked. It was very frustrating. When we conceded the goal we had an extra man on cos Galway had a man sent off and a black card issued which left them on 13 for a few moments but somehow we managed to get turned over inside their 45 and concede a goal.
                                                                          Absolutely cleaned at midfield but lost most of the battles. Clifford and to a lesser extent geaney the only 2 to turn up. Our kickouts again were embarrassing. There were plenty of opportunities for quick ones but Murphy couldn't find his man. Cluxton would have done so blindfolded. Moran too slow again to release ball and trying the miracle pass all day. No pace from the half backs.

Too much to work on in 7 days for me. If we were at home next I'd be hopeful but clones....yikes. Kerry out and fitz gone after kildare match I reckon.

From what I saw all weekend Dublin will stroll to 4 in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                            Absolutely cleaned at midfield but lost most of the battles. Clifford and to a lesser extent geaney the only 2 to turn up. Our kickouts again were embarrassing. There were plenty of opportunities for quick ones but Murphy couldn't find his man. Cluxton would have done so blindfolded. Moran too slow again to release ball and trying the miracle pass all day. No pace from the half backs.

Too much to work on in 7 days for me. If we were at home next I'd be hopeful but clones....yikes. Kerry out and fitz gone after kildare match I reckon.

From what I saw all weekend Dublin will stroll to 4 in a row.
                                                                            But it makes no sense. Kerry have all the tools. The full back line maybe needs another season or two of conditioning to really handle the better forward lines but from 6 to 15 Kerry are just beyond stacked with talent.

It has the feel of 2010 Dublin to me. A squad with a lot of youth and potential who just hasn't found itself yet. Like Dublin they might need a change of manager to take a good team to be a great team. And make no mistake, these boys are going to win multiple All Ireland titles.

I just couldn't work out how they all became such poor shooters. Sure, Galway pressured the kick and protected the D pretty well but Kerry are miles better than their kicking display on Sunday. Still reckon they're not the finished article but Clones is a nightmare place to have to travel off the back of that game with your Championship on the line.

Comment

But it makes no sense. Kerry have all the tools. The full back line maybe needs another season or two of conditioning to really handle the better forward lines but from 6 to 15 Kerry are just beyond stacked with talent.

It has the feel of 2010 Dublin to me. A squad with a lot of youth and potential who just hasn't found itself yet. Like Dublin they might need a change of manager to take a good team to be a great team. And make no mistake, these boys are going to win multiple All Ireland titles.

I just couldn't work out how they all became such poor shooters. Sure, Galway pressured the kick and protected the D pretty well but Kerry are miles better than their kicking display on Sunday. Still reckon they're not the finished article but Clones is a nightmare place to have to travel off the back of that game with your Championship on the line.
                                                                              To me it's focussing too much on the opposition's game and not enough on our own. Like we are good at targeting opp kickouts but can't get our own right. And that is after 5 years of trying. Another 2 at least yesterday kicked out over the sideline.

Also not enough presence around the D. There was a lot of space in there yesterday but no one in there to receive it.

Interesting week ahead in training !!

Comment

Musk after deleting all his pedo tweets. Any normal company he'd be done as CEO.
                                                                                Takes a bit more time with some, but Saffa's gonna Saffa rule always comes into play eventually

His dad makes Woodie Allen look like a saint

The father of Elon Musk, the billionaire tech entrepreneur, says it was “God’s plan” for him to have a baby with his own stepdaughter.

Comment

Dice will you have the audacity to collect on your Jp lol world cup bet ? What was the score ?

Comment

Thoughts on slow cooker vs pressure cooker?

Comment

...Was going to talk about how sexy food is coming from a slow cooker- but I actually haven't eaten a single vegetable (well potatoes count yeah?) since I was 12 and live off pretty much meat and potatoes, so I think our food choices differ....Slightly...

Comment

just curious, but anyone care to shed some light why the free kick goal yesterday from Griezmann was given as an own goal even though shot appeared to be on target and just glanced mandzukic's head?

Comment

just curious, but anyone care to shed some light why the free kick goal yesterday from Griezmann was given as an own goal even though shot appeared to be on target and just glanced mandzukic's head?
                                                                                          Same reason as if it was a Croatian free kick, mandzukic flicked it on and scored, he'd be credited with the goal. It doesn't have to be off target and diverted in to be an OG, that's about as clear an OG as you'll see

Comment

FIFA have always been harsher than the EPL who seem to veer towards 'if it could be considered in any way to be somewhat vaguely on target then give it to the forward'. FIFA/UEFA have always been more prone to giving own goals.
                                                                                            I don't think theres an actual rule - ultimately there doesn't have to be because all that matters is 'is it over the line?' and if so it's a goal. Knowing who scored it is unimportant (except for offside situations).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              Dice will you have the audacity to collect on your Jp lol world cup bet ? What was the score ?
                                                                                              Finished 9-4 i think. I lost one other bet to him and a third was a push.

Also question for all-knowing BBV, what is Cocktail Attire for a wedding for a man?
                                                                                              Last edited by Dice75; 16-07-18, 11:07.

Comment

After France's victory over Croatia in the World Cup final, many of the players invaded their manager's press conference, chanting his name and showering him...

Comment

I haven't heard of a single real example of anyone using a pressure cooker more than a few times, they then chuck it in a cupboard for a couple of years and then get rid of it. Main problem I'd expect to have with them is not being able to check the progress of something as it is cooking, you can't even taste the contents without releasing the pressure.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                    I haven't heard of a single real example of anyone using a pressure cooker more than a few times, they then chuck it in a cupboard for a couple of years and then get rid of it. Main problem I'd expect to have with them is not being able to check the progress of something as it is cooking, you can't even taste the contents without releasing the pressure.
                                                                                                    i use it all the time, and cook all our vegetables in it.

i thought slow cooker was for casserole type dishes, so not sure why you would want to compare the 2? Pressure cooker is just a way to cook things really fast by steaming under pressure, and keeping all the nutrients, but i've never made a dish in it

Comment

i use it all the time, and cook all our vegetables in it.

i thought slow cooker was for casserole type dishes, so not sure why you would want to compare the 2? Pressure cooker is just a way to cook things really fast by steaming under pressure, and keeping all the nutrients, but i've never made a dish in it
                                                                                                      They are also good for braising slow cooked meats like beef cheek, shortrib. Making stocks etc. Speeds up the process slightly. After it's finish she'd you can taste and abd adjust as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Also question for all-knowing BBV, what is Cocktail Attire for a wedding for a man?
                                                                                                        A lounge suit obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Bring 2 straws if there cocktails

Comment

Probably because griezemann's strike was not a shot. If he was shooting and it got a similar flick it would have been his goal.

Comment

Nope. big fan. If that's in reference to my tagline, DP put that there after the euros, in a bitter fit of jealous rage at him being the golden boot! I've had to live with it ever since
                                                                                                              Apologies, updated now
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

A lounge suit obv.
                                                                                                                My aul lad and two uncles rang me to ask what the it was. Why confuse old people.

The dress code for the night after the wedding is Cocktail Casual. Told them to wear whatever the fuck they wanted.

Comment

Obama didn't stop me using russian interference to get elected, it's Obama's fault!

go way you lovable scamp Denny
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Apologies, updated now
                                                                                                                    Don't know french and Google translate as "straddles me kylian"

Think I get the gist
                                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

So temped to buy some lollipopes

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        Apologies, updated now

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Cunt!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                          Pics please!
                                                                                                                          Here's a few to give you an idea. On looking back, it seems like there are a lot of boats around but there really weren't except for a couple of spots, and even then they're like 50 meters away and you just don't notice them.

SPOILER

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X