This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    There were many who said they wanted it but in reality when it came down to it they didn't vote it as they preferred to stay part of the union but didn't want to admit to it as it caused some amount of fighting even between friends and family.
    I understand that, but in doing so they gave up the right to hitch and moan about the queen, Britain, the English and any sort of 'freeeeeeeedom' talk.
    I'm not saying I blame them either way, it was their decision but when given a choice the people spoke.

I''ll put it like this, there'll be no more braveheart type movies!

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post

I''ll put it like this, there'll be no more braveheart type movies!
      Will there be any more Trainspotting ones?
      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        Why ? They stuffed them , why would they need to play optimally for the full game ?

Agree with you on Cork though , Kayroo obviously watching a different game.
        Yes they stuffed them , just making the point that the opposition was very poor. Games like that are no good for Dublin ( though there is nothing they can do about it ). The margin of victory is irrelevant as the Dublin forwards would be put under more pressure in their training games.

Twice in the first half Longford broke through with a man over and took the wrong option and Kildare should have scored three goals. Considering the meagre amount of possession both teams had that is a worry for me but I am an eternal pessimist when it comes to the Dubs.

Cooper and Macaffrey are outstanding , Mcmahon good going forward , terrible defending. McCarthy at full fitness will be a big help but the rest are below average county players.

Comment

CHD, Mellor, anyone else...
          Why is Rory MacDonald such a heavy favourite (4/7 best price) next weekend? Did Lawler not win their last fight and it was relatively recent?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
            A bit harsh imo. They have probably under performed twice in the last 18 months, albeit that their capitulation in last years munster final / this years league final was extreme.

Kerry were gifted two goals by Cork and the ref today , both at stages where Cork were dominating. Don't see how Kerry ever should have won that game.The last 5 mins were a horror show for Cork and it will be hard for them to try and do it all again.

Also those salivating at the Dubs performances should have been brought back to Earth by the results of Kildare and Longford yesterday. The amount of goal chances given up by the Dublin defence against two very poor forward lines is a huge worry given the limited possession Kildare / Longford had in those games.
            Cork have a big long streak of awful running right through the middle of them. Literally no way Kerry are that bad again. Kerry butchered 3 serious goal chances by taking awful options when a simple pass would have lead to a clear goal opportunity - the sort of chances Kerry normally see with ease. I'm still absolutely sure Cork won't get past the quarter final stage and they're unlikely to reach that performance level again and once again Ken O'Halloran proved that outside Thomas Mallon he is the worst goalkeeper in this year's Division 1 teams

As for Dublin they had the best defense in the league and they're still bedding in the new system. Kildare had more attacking possessions than Dublin in both halves last week and were out scored by 18 points. Dublin are doing just fine defensively.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Cooper and Macaffrey are outstanding , Mcmahon good going forward , terrible defending. McCarthy at full fitness will be a big help but the rest are below average county players.
              Best defense in Division 1: full of below average county players. Players you're including here are: All Star Rory O'Carroll, All Star nominee and Club Championship winning captain Ger Brennan as well as Cian O'Sullivan (in this system).

As well as U21 All Ireland winning captain Jack McCaffrey, Johnny Cooper, James McCarthy and Philly McMahon. Where are all these below average county players? Darren Daly? Mick Fitzsimmons?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                CHD, Mellor, anyone else...
                Why is Rory MacDonald such a heavy favourite (4/7 best price) next weekend? Did Lawler not win their last fight and it was relatively recent?
                He was injured and not really bothered during his camp and lost a close split decision. His training partner GSP was the champ so a title shot wasn't looking likely. GSP is now retired and 2 years and 3 fights later McDonald looks like a champ again.

Lawler is pretty one dimensional, McDonald has the tools to adjust this time around and pick him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  He was injured and not really bothered during his camp and lost a close split decision. His training partner GSP was the champ so a title shot wasn't looking likely. GSP is now retired and 2 years and 3 fights later McDonald looks like a champ again.

Lawler is pretty one dimensional, McDonald has the tools to adjust this time around and pick him apart.
                  No way Lawler even won that decision against bigg rigg.

Shocking. Lawler didn;t even do anything until the last 30 secs. That was hojestly the worst decision I have ever seen.

Rory will pound this guy.

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Whats to stop Greece continuing to print Euros even after a forced exit?
                      Presumably there are treaties they are signatories to which forbid maliciously printing other countries currencies, but in effect theres no actual bar to them continuing to print € if they claim that they are still in.
                      As long as they have the ink and the paper they can just keep going?
                      Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Not sure if it's was deliberate policy but I think they only have the ability to print low denomination notes.
                      Seems confirmed that they can only print €20 notes, so even if in some extreme scenario they attempted it, they'd only be able to print relatively insignificant amounts of cash.

The production process of the european banknotes, that turns plain paper to legal tender

Approximately 40,000 sheets can be produced in an eight-hour shift, i.e. around 2 million banknotes.

Comment

Originally posted by welk_in View Post
                        No way Lawler even won that decision against bigg rigg.

Shocking. Lawler didn;t even do anything until the last 30 secs. That was hojestly the worst decision I have ever seen.

Rory will pound this guy.
                        Hendricks shouldn't have looked to just sit on him for ages. He'd still be champion now if he put any decent effort into the fight. He lost to GSP and Lawler because he started to try fight tactically to win rounds. Got what he deserved.

Lawler and Hendricks were both shite in the last fight. Was terrible crap and both of them did feck all. Dana White wanted the third fight for this weekend ffs. What was he watching? Luckily the backlash was listened to.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                          Best defense in Division 1: full of below average county players. Players you're including here are: All Star Rory O'Carroll, All Star nominee and Club Championship winning captain Ger Brennan as well as Cian O'Sullivan (in this system).

As well as U21 All Ireland winning captain Jack McCaffrey, Johnny Cooper, James McCarthy and Philly McMahon. Where are all these below average county players? Darren Daly? Mick Fitzsimmons?
                          I was talking about players that had played in this years championship, Brennan hasn't played in a long time Kayroo.

I actually backed Cian O Sullivan for player of the year this year thinking he would excel in that role but thought he looked a bit lost last week but I obviously wouldn't class him as a below average player.

O'Carroll probably about average, he should sleep with that all-star under his pillow every night.

Small , David Byrne , Fitzsimons , Daly . All yes.

I think like with the Hurlers you are putting to much emphasis on league stats .

Leaving aside his capabilities going forward, Do you think Philly Mcmahon is an accomplished defender?
                          Last edited by horatio1; 05-07-15, 23:20.

Comment

15 mins into the Womens World Cup Final and we've had a hat trick.

4-0 USA

Comment

15 mins into the Womens World Cup Final and we've had a hat trick.

4-0 USA
                              Yeah. Chavball is boring

Comment

Comeback on, could be epic yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                  Yeah. Chavball is boring
                                  They should be in the kitchen m8, not providing top notch entertainment.

Comment

Ive got a feeling Syriza will temporarily look like ballsy geniuses in the next week or so
                                    Last edited by Guest; 05-07-15, 23:56.

Comment

5 goals, 2 substitutions and only 1 minute added on

Comment

I get the feeling Joe brolly is really disliked by the Sunday game presenters and some of his Co analysts. There's a fair few of the junior analysts hoping he crosses the line again soon and gets taken off the air I'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          I get the feeling Joe brolly is really disliked by the Sunday game presenters and some of his Co analysts. There's a fair few of the junior analysts hoping he crosses the line again soon and gets taken off the air I'd imagine
                                          The presenter was trying to get him off the topic of the penalty when Kerry's finest had his arms outstretched like wilem Defoe getting gunned down in platoon. It was worthy of discussion since Brolly gave a kidney a hugely selfless act find it hard to dislike him.
                                          Last edited by Guest; 06-07-15, 00:10. Reason: spelling

Comment

Game on.

Comment

Game over.

Comment

They should be in the kitchen bedroom m8, not providing top notch entertainment.
                                                FYP
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Is suppose a decent thing about this women's football thing is that they don't fall down and roll around like dickheads when they get tackled.

a couple of lookers too.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                    Is suppose a decent thing about this women's football thing is that they don't fall down and roll around like dickheads when they get tackled.

a couple of lookers too.
                                                    Happy Birthday.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I just booked a holiday and it was one of the most stressful and unpleasant 45 mins of my life.

Comment

Is there anywhere in town I can bring a couple of pairs of shoes to be cleaned that isn't too expensive to make me do it myself?

Comment

shoe shine at the airport, eamo will hook you up with a rate

Comment

eamo get your shine box

Comment

Seems confirmed that they can only print €20 notes, so even if in some extreme scenario they attempted it, they'd only be able to print relatively insignificant amounts of cash.

http://www.fleur-de-coin.com/eurocoi...ote-production
                                                                The European Central Bank (ECB) is the central bank of the European Union countries which have adopted the euro. Our main task is to maintain price stability in the euro area and so preserve the purchasing power of the single currency.

They print €10ers in Greece. Not done €20s in over 3 years. Possibly a trust issue!?

Comment

yanisvaroufakis gone, must be closer to a deal than we thought.

Minister No More!
                                                                  Posted on July 6, 2015 by yanisv
                                                                  The referendum of 5th July will stay in history as a unique moment when a small European nation rose up against debt-bondage.

Like all struggles for democratic rights, so too this historic rejection of the Eurogroup’s 25th June ultimatum comes with a large price tag attached. It is, therefore, essential that the great capital bestowed upon our government by the splendid NO vote be invested immediately into a YES to a proper resolution – to an agreement that involves debt restructuring, less austerity, redistribution in favour of the needy, and real reforms.

Soon after the announcement of the referendum results, I was made aware of a certain preference by some Eurogroup participants, and assorted ‘partners’, for my… ‘absence’ from its meetings; an idea that the Prime Minister judged to be potentially helpful to him in reaching an agreement. For this reason I am leaving the Ministry of Finance today.

I consider it my duty to help Alexis Tsipras exploit, as he sees fit, the capital that the Greek people granted us through yesterday’s referendum.

And I shall wear the creditors’ loathing with pride.

We of the Left know how to act collectively with no care for the privileges of office. I shall support fully Prime Minister Tsipras, the new Minister of Finance, and our government.

The superhuman effort to honour the brave people of Greece, and the famous OXI (NO) that they granted to democrats the world over, is just beginning.

Comment

yanisvaroufakis gone, must be closer to a deal than we thought.
                                                                    If this is true, they should execute Tsipras et al for treason.

It cannot be the case that yesterday's result had anything to do with being close to a deal. Juncker said that the 'impasse' was over €60m in cuts when talks broke down. I'm not buying that either, but if there really was no 'gulf' left to cross, and a deal was close then last week's capital controls etc have absolutely wounded Greece for almost no reason.

This was the analogy I posted across the way
                                                                    Originally posted by emmet02
                                                                    The analogy is turning up to a hospital with a broken arm and the triage nurse saying you'll be seen in 5 hours.

You tell your friends that you're not waiting that long.

You go outside, cut your hand on the wall and go back in.

Triage nurse says, we'll have to see you sooner, probably still 3 hours away.

You go outside again, and run headfirst into the wall, knocking yourself out cold.

Wake up a day later in a heavy state of concussion, and you say to your friend "how long did it take them to see me?", he tells you it was 90 mins from when you entered the hospital first.

"See, I told you I wouldn't wait 5 hours"!

Comment

Very interesting read here, a well-written piece about what 'could' be going on by reading between the lines. (Everyone's lines)

This resonates again
                                                                      Neither Greece’s ailment, nor its cure, is its currency, be it the euro or the drachma, or its pensions—whether too low or too high. Greece’s cancer is the purely domestic cleptocracy which has been sucking the country dry for at least thirty-five years (that’s as far back as I can remember, older people may argue this may have been going on for much longer).
                                                                      examples
                                                                      New York Times
                                                                      Organized crime […]dominates the black market for oil in Greece; perhaps three billion euros (about $3.8 billion) a year of contraband fuel courses through the country. Shipping is Greece’s premier industry, and the price of shipping fuel is set by law at one-third the price of fuel for cars and homes. So traffickers turn shipping fuel into more expensive home and automobile fuel. It is estimated that 20 percent of the gasoline sold in Greece is from the black market. The trafficking not only results in higher prices but also deprives the government of desperately needed revenue
                                                                      Financial Times
                                                                      George Papandreou, the former socialist premier who resigned in 2011, also claimed he was brought down by oligarchs after a finance ministry campaign to tackle widespread fuel smuggling revealed a Balkanwide scam that cost Greece €3bn a year in lost taxes”.
                                                                      Its’ not as if these smugglers are thousands. They’re a handful of people, whom practically every Greek knows by name. Unlike Escobar, they are not in hiding. They’re feted by the press as “successful businessmen” and are being sat next to prime ministers.

There are similar tales to be told in natural gas, energy and practically every sector that has to do with the state.

If that’s not fixed, irrespective of whether the currency of Greece is the euro, the drachma or the rupiah, there can be no end to Greece’s plight. Is Tsipras likely to fix that? I’ll give you a hint: most Greek oligarchs voiced their support for Tsipras ahead of the general election in January. Before him, they of course supported his predecessor.

Comment

Leaving aside his capabilities going forward, Do you think Philly Mcmahon is an accomplished defender?
                                                                        First off Brennan is still in the panel and may well return this season. Dublin don't give their individual defenders the sort of protection that other counties do through the use of their defensive systems. There's a lot more individual responsibility on Dublin defenders as a result.

Philly McMahon isn't in that position because he's an accomplished defender. That's not his job. You can't criticize a player for not doing something he's not supposed to do. Yes he nominally lines out in defense but his job is to bomb forward at every opportunity and assist in the transition play. If you look at the positions he takes up when other teams are attacking he rarely engages in the designated tackle areas. Usually he's the supporting man cutting off the running angle. So when he does get into a pure defensive situation it's usually because the primary tackler has missed his tackle or didn't get into position quick enough. He's not a pure defender by any means but he's a very good player who does his job excellently.

Comment

Got out of jail big time yesterday. Pen decision was awful. We got absolutely cleaned out at midfield. When we went 4 down early I actually said to some friends that we would win by 6. Didn't rate Cork from what I saw early. At HT was pleased and with the wind behind us thought we would push on. Wind died second half and a different Cork came out. Very very lucky at the end, cos I'm certain Fionn went for a high ball into the square.
                                                                          Thought Barry John was very unlucky to be taken off, got two good scores from play near the end of the first half. Really was a case of which corner forward will we take off, with James very unlikely to be the one. Great day in Killarney as usual, long bloody trip back though. At least I'll be able to stay over for the replay. Can't see us being as bad in midfield again and think we'll make a few changes that could help (Donaghy will be lucky to start, Fionn likewise, Stephen O'B same).

Saw Keane outside the ground before the start and was going to say hello but he looked in a hurry and very nervous

Comment

I think we'll see Geaney or Gooch in for Sob with one of those and JoD roaming leaving Barry John playing off Donaghy. Maher in for Sheehan Paul Murphy in ahead of Shane Enright. How he's still on the panel beggars belief. And Kelly to replace Kealy. Maybe Mahony to start ahead of Fionn to get that bit of experience and bite in the full back line. We're already caught for pace in there so not much difference in that imo.

Comment

the more you read about the Greek situation the more you realise nobody has a clue and their is a huge amount of hoop talking going on. fair play to the Greeks for not giving into the fear, would love to have seen Merkels face when the news came through.

Comment

Yo ole this might be right up your street How 16 Harvard Students Built The Ultimate BBQ Bot
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  He's an odious obnoxious clown but he's only doing it for money and is Irish so I think he's an absolute legend obv.

Comment

If Tsipras secures and signs up to a better deal for Greece this week, surely he will be acknowledged on here as a political savant?
                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      He's an odious obnoxious clown but he's only doing it for money and is Irish so I think he's an absolute legend obv.
                                                                                      In the prison shower, who would you blow first, McGregor or Brolly?
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                        If Tsipras secures and signs up to a better deal for Greece this week, surely he will be acknowledged on here as a political savant?
                                                                                        It depends on what kind of deal they get. If it's full debt mutualisation (where we all share Greek's national Debt), then perhaps the self-harm might be outweighed by the benefits, however that's fairly unlikely imo.

The damage he's done to Greece in the past 6 months is outrageous. Worth reading this if you missed it.
                                                                                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                        The Cost of Populism

How Greece started to see some light at the end of a horrific tunnel, but instead turned around and ran.
                                                                                        Last edited by Emmet; 06-07-15, 10:05.

Comment

Rory blew his left ankle playing ball. Surely gone for a while.
                                                                                          Betting Suspended on The Open.

Spieth will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                            Got out of jail big time yesterday. Pen decision was awful. We got absolutely cleaned out at midfield. When we went 4 down early I actually said to some friends that we would win by 6. Didn't rate Cork from what I saw early. At HT was pleased and with the wind behind us thought we would push on. Wind died second half and a different Cork came out. Very very lucky at the end, cos I'm certain Fionn went for a high ball into the square.
                                                                                            Thought Barry John was very unlucky to be taken off, got two good scores from play near the end of the first half. Really was a case of which corner forward will we take off, with James very unlikely to be the one. Great day in Killarney as usual, long bloody trip back though. At least I'll be able to stay over for the replay. Can't see us being as bad in midfield again and think we'll make a few changes that could help (Donaghy will be lucky to start, Fionn likewise, Stephen O'B same).

Saw Keane outside the ground before the start and was going to say hello but he looked in a hurry and very nervous
                                                                                            I think Kelly should come in for Kealy next time around. I have been happy enough with Kealy playing up to now because I thought his kickouts might be better but they were really bad yesterday. One of the lads who posts here the odd time would know both of them fairly well and has been screaming for Kelly over Kealy all year - had to text him yesterday and withdraw support for Kealy forthwith.

I'm pretty sure Fionn kicked the point on purpose, and fair play to him for having the cajones to do it but he was absolutely destroyed yesterday. On boards one of the sensible posters had him down as directly culpable for 2-2 conceded which sounds generous if anything. Getting constantly caught goalside and for pace by Donnacha O'Connor is pretty bad. He's 34.

Taking Barry John off was crazy IMO. After getting turned over the first ball and beaten to the second one he won every ball after and invariably used it well.

When we came out after we thought he had one from play and one free and were surprised he was down for two from play everywhere. When I watched the Sunday Game it turned out what had happened was that his first point was so good I thought it must have been James that got it. His second was a beaut as well. Also won a free which Sheehan converted.

Only ball that went into him in the second half he sauntered out in front of Shields (who he always destroys when they match up), had a look around then played the only decent ball Donaghy got all day into him, which we directly got a point from.

He was only getting warmed up when they took him off, convinced he would have done wreck in the last twenty minutes.

Here's what I wrote on boards about the rest of the team if anyone is interested:

Originally posted by keane2097
                                                                                            Paul Geaney isn't an All Star and Paul Murphy wasn't Young Player of the Year.

The subs for the most part were poor yesterday from where I was stood (admittedly will have to watch it again). Major caveats that all the below is based on live viewing from behind the goals on the Lewis Road side.

Gooch kicked one ball over the bar where he should have gone inside and at least looked at a goal chance having not touched the ball for ten minutes after coming on. He touched the ball very few times after either and was partially culpable for the third goal.

Darran O'Sullivan I don't remember touching the ball at all bar jumping over it when Kerry had effected a turnover. With possession crucial he failed to bend his back with two or three defenders closing in, for whatever reason.

Geaney got a really good point but butchered another point scoring opportunity - will probably end up getting credit for that because his own poor shot almost ended up breaking back to him for a goal. The best of the forwards to come on even so.

I don't know Sherwood as a player but there seems to be a divide in the county between those who think he's a star in the making and those who think he has no skills whatsoever. Attempts at taking a high ball that ended up bouncing off his face and a simple hand pass that went two yards over the head of a teammate five yards away suggest the latter rather than the former. He looks like he doesn't really know how to solo the ball either although that's probably just bad optics.

Maher to me looked like he was destroyed when he came on and didn't look to be moving well. Would probably like to see him in the 15 all the same.

Paul Murphy I didn't really see much of but would probably think is a player who should be starting.

From the starters I thought Enright and Marc did as well as could be expected since we were destroyed at midfield. Fionn was absolutely tattooed.

Lyne seemed to do well to me. Crowley looked really good for the first 20 minutes or so. Whenever Paddy Kelly came on he started to struggle badly and it went downhill from there. Don't know either way re:Killian Young.

I thought the midfielders themselves actually weren't terrible, despite the fact that we seemed to get wiped out. Moran and Sheehan seemed to be swarmed by Cork players every time the ball came near. Alan O'Connor and his various partners did a lot of breaking the ball down to Cork players, with no sign of green and gold in for breakers. Only so much the midfielders themselves can do.

Half forward line. I thought Buckley was good in the first half and was one of the players actually winning the dirty ball in the middle. Would guess that him going off and us having 20 minutes of being unable to win a ball at midfield are linked.

Donnchadh did ok, looked very tired towards the end. Not his best game but offers a lot.

O'Brien had one of those horrorshow performances that occasionally happen, a bit like Buckley against Tipp. Everything he touched went wrong yesterday. There was a ten minute period in the first half where he lost the ball four (five?) times in a row, badly, then gave away a free which was converted when there was no need. Has a big issue with putting his head down and running into tacklers when on the ball that badly, badly needs to stop.

James & Donaghy did very well considering the amount and quality of ball that went into them IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                              In the prison shower, who would you blow first, McGregor or Brolly?
                                                                                              I'm not sure which option means I think which one is the bigger cunt.

I'd prefer to spend time with Brolly if you put a gun to my head because I think he's not the vapid moron McGregor is when you strip the vaudeville idiot act away from the pair of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                Rory blew his left ankle playing ball. Surely gone for a while.
                                                                                                Betting Suspended on The Open.

Spieth will be happy.
                                                                                                What would be general ruling here to bets placed on Speith? Like a rule 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                  No rule 4 surely.

Comment

Well done on getting a better price is all

Comment

Dobby I'm baffled by your opinion of Enright. Was nearly our best defender last year bar a horrorshow ten minutes against Mayo, routinely marks the opposition best player.

Kept Hurley scoreless yesterday and was one of the few positives from a defense that's looking very weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                        No rule 4 surely.
                                                                                                        Yeah just wondering was there something similar since the the two of them were far shorter than the rest.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Well done on getting a better price is all
                                                                                                        I'll take that.

Comment

I think this is hilarious in Greece. So many buildings don't look finished but are obviously being used as houses and businesses, shopping markets etc, That's because they don't get assessed for tax until they're finished so, they add a floor that never gets finished and everybody does this, elevators going up to a fake floor and everything.

When a country has a 6.3 billion deficit per year but up to 30 billion in tax evasion it's mind boggling.

Comment

Is it ok to send a recruiter a CV in open office format or should I wait to do it up in Word?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                              Is it ok to send a recruiter a CV in open office format or should I wait to do it up in Word?
                                                                                                              Export it as a pdf imo

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                Dobby I'm baffled by your opinion of Enright. Was nearly our best defender last year bar a horrorshow ten minutes against Mayo, routinely marks the opposition best player.

Kept Hurley scoreless yesterday and was one of the few positives from a defense that's looking very weak.
                                                                                                                I just don't rate him at all tbh. I think he looks a liability every time a ball comes in or when he gets his hands on it. The one time he found himself around midfield yesterday he gave possession away softly and needlessly. Even in the warm up yesterday he couldn't catch a high ball. Maybe I'm just blinded by my own hatred for him at this stage so I'll take your word for it. I'd still rather see Paul instead of him. I think Hurley contributed to his own lack of scoring chances by coming out too far too often.

I'm gonna stop now. It's turning into a ramble.

Comment

a couple of lookers too.
                                                                                                                  This is the reality of the two games for sure

Comment

a couple of lookers too.
                                                                                                                    It was an enjoyable tournament and I have to admit to being dragged out of my cave regarding women's football.

Between that and the Copa a gap was filled for the month. Need to catch up on some sleep in July though.

Comment

So stupidly booked my holidays to Egypt about 5 weeks ago. A Red sea resort which a lot websites still say its safe but id imagine only for selfish reasons. However one of the main reason we chose Egypt was to travel up to Luxor and Cairo to see ancient Egypt.

Travel company are only offering a partial refund so we would be taken about a €1500 hit. Sharm el Sheikh is the area we are going which if we were confined to it wouldn't be the worse area in the world, I guess we would just fit in some extra diving.

But even still what would people do considering €1500 would probably result in no holiday?
                                                                                                                      Obvious and realistic choice is not to go but reading up on Sharm it does seem like it alright. Considering ISIS are targeting London, France and Spain and just about every other country.

Gov Health warning -

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

the Governorate of South Sinai, with the exception of the area within the Sharm el Sheikh perimeter barrier, which includes the airport and the areas of Sharm el Maya, Hadaba, Naama Bay, Sharks Bay and Nabq

Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada

Enhanced security measures are in place to protect the Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada resort areas. Security forces are situated at the international airports, at check points around the perimeter of the towns and throughout the Governorates. Routine security checks are being performed on entry into the airport and the police are carrying out vehicle checks in the towns.

Comment

So stupidly booked my holidays to Egypt about 5 weeks ago. A Red sea resort which a lot websites still say its safe but id imagine only for selfish reasons. However one of the main reason we chose Egypt was to travel up to Luxor and Cairo to see ancient Egypt.

Travel company are only offering a partial refund so we would be taken about a €1500 hit. Sharm el Sheikh is the area we are going which if we were confined to it wouldn't be the worse area in the world, I guess we would just fit in some extra diving.

But even still what would people do considering €1500 would probably result in no holiday?
                                                                                                                        Obvious and realistic choice is not to go but reading up on Sharm it does seem like it alright. Considering ISIS are targeting London, France and Spain and just about every other country.

Gov Health warning -

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

the Governorate of South Sinai, with the exception of the area within the Sharm el Sheikh perimeter barrier, which includes the airport and the areas of Sharm el Maya, Hadaba, Naama Bay, Sharks Bay and Nabq

Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada

Enhanced security measures are in place to protect the Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada resort areas. Security forces are situated at the international airports, at check points around the perimeter of the towns and throughout the Governorates. Routine security checks are being performed on entry into the airport and the police are carrying out vehicle checks in the towns.
                                                                                                                        I have dived in 4 or 5 tropical places and id love to do Sharem El Sheikh.
                                                                                                                        Its up to yourself butw as proberly government warning about ireland from the 60s to 90s.
                                                                                                                        Id go to the resort spend my time swimming snorkelling diving etc.
                                                                                                                        There has been some high profile terrorist attacks in egypt how many millions of tourists does it get?
                                                                                                                        Strewlpewter regularly is not so so touristy parts of Afriaca and he survived gamb@@@@l.

Comment

Shawn Michaels is in enniscorthy. This is terrific news

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X