X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        Mid range paladin is the nuts uni (because I'm bad at patron) the only unique Card in my deck is a faceless manipulator but I only run 1 equality
        Yeah me too, rope everytime trying to win on the crucial turn with patron. Requires a lot of practice to be comfortable enough to play it out naturally, and I realised I couldn't be bothered. It is an unfair deck though in what it can do.

I have to admit to being a facehunter recently as I like quicker games.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
          I think Cork will win tomorrow, and have backed them accordingly.
          Goddammit, got some sweat though.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            2/1 for Oxi has to be worth a punt?
            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            I think it'll be 60/40 Yes. Most media outlets bombarding them with the Yes message.

Unless they really are as nutty as voting Syriza into power would suggest in which case lumpage!

Comment

So Emmett, I return to my previous notes about Greek society being fundamentally unwilling to play ball. Their position is they get a special deal.

I think their removal is of long term benefit to both sides.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                RD has the most spectacular record of failed political betting ideas on IPB. He's comically bad at them. Most recent being agreeing with my guess of the polls being wrong for UK election. Almost exact words 'you've been played Horatio' on my losing bet with him on Tory seats <310. Or more long term our annual political and economic bets for last few years where he ALWAYS loses. The man is a consistent charlatan. A convincing charlatan though. Listening to him is like a bet in favour of a rising PaddyPower share price...
                I think it'll be 60/40 Yes. Most media outlets bombarding them with the Yes message.

Unless they really are as nutty as voting Syriza into power would suggest in which case lumpage!

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                    Quick question for anyone who travelled to China. Is the holiday visa a formality or do you need to book flights first so show proof of intent to arrive and leave?
                    Bump for evening crew
                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bump for evening crew
                      I don't remember 100% as it was 4 years ago when I went there but I think I got the visa before I booked any flights. They ask for an itinerary but you just make one up because nobody cares.

Comment

n e T's m8s?
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                          I don't remember 100% as it was 4 years ago when I went there but I think I got the visa before I booked any flights. They ask for an itinerary but you just make one up because nobody cares.
                          Where are you now cooker?

Comment

Just finished the first episode of Mr Robot that a few people recommended on here recently. I hadn't any expectations because generally network TV stuff from America is rubbish but I really enjoyed it. Got vibes from loads of different things like Fight Club/Memento/Rubicon/Hackers all going on with a director who seems quite quirky with a cool style. Some of it is beautifully framed with some wonderfully creative scenes. It doesn't all work but overall it was pretty great.

Opr

Comment

Yeah just went through some old notes and I definitely got the visa before booking the flight. I don't think I have ever needed proof of travel for a visa. Why would I book a flight until I knew I would allowed into a country!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Yeah me too, rope everytime trying to win on the crucial turn with patron. Requires a lot of practice to be comfortable enough to play it out naturally, and I realised I couldn't be bothered. It is an unfair deck though in what it can do.

I have to admit to being a facehunter recently as I like quicker games.
                                Ah face hunter is a great deck! Nothing better than drawing the nuts for a turn 5 lethal!

I never realised so many people here played we should set up a gaming section

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                  Where are you now cooker?
                                  I'm actually back home. I got back a fortnight ago for the first time in forever.

Fwiw nothing much has changed building wise in Dublin (other than terminal 2 was finally opened up) but it definitely feels a more happening optimistic place than when I left in the dregs of 2010. Considering the antics in Greece today I think we have done pretty well for ourselves.

It could just be the hot weather though

Comment

Originally posted by JONJO THE MISER
                                    Looks like its a no, to trade the euro tonight or not is the question.
                                    Originally posted by conorh91
                                    Oh ya...From Buncrana to Bearhaven, the ordinary Irish people speak of little else....

I can't believe people on AH are supposedly fretting about Shanghai dropping sharply, or whether to trade on the euro tonight? If someone is genuinely contemplating these questions, asking them in AH is a bit like going down the Bookies to have someone to check your prostate.
                                    Good shout on the absurdity of some of the posting floating around this situation!!
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I'm actually back home. I got back a fortnight ago for the first time in forever.

Fwiw nothing much has changed building wise in Dublin (other than terminal 2 was finally opened up) but it definitely feels a more happening optimistic place than when I left in the dregs of 2010. Considering the antics in Greece today I think we have done pretty well for ourselves.

It could just be the hot weather though
                                      Welcome home you must have covered some acreage on your travels.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                        Lol. Kerry will win by 5 points. Minimum.
                                        I'm claiming a points win on this one dobby.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                          So Emmett, I return to my previous notes about Greek society being fundamentally unwilling to play ball. Their position is they get a special deal.

I think their removal is of long term benefit to both sides.
                                          I can't see anything but exit for Greece tbh.

No chance another bailout package gets through the Bundestag imo.

Greeks have been sold an absolute lemon and it is pretty scary that they've swallowed it. Shows the desperation I guess!

(also, are you pdogkinning me?)
                                          Last edited by Emmet; 05-07-15, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            I can't see anything but exit for Greece tbh.

No chance another bailout package gets through the Bundestag imo.

Greek's have been sold an absolute lemon and it is pretty scary that they've swallowed it. Shows the desperation I guess!

(also, are you pdogkinning me?)
                                            Well it does, but to me the Syrzia election and reaffirmation in today's vote is the Greek people looking the money machine square in the eye and saying 'we're not paying, your move'. It's mad stuff, but an unbelievable national statement in the face of the whole world who spent a week throwing a rule book and dire outcomes at them.

Makes me wince at the image of a cowed Scottish man unable to pull the trigger and vote for his freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

That first one reminds me of Manny from Grim Fandango

Comment

The Cost of Populism

How Greece started to see some light at the end of a horrific tunnel, but instead turned around and ran.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX_hn3Xf90g

Comment

Dude co-leading the golf has been using a sand wedge to putt last few holes as he broke his putter, has hit 4 birdies with it on the back 9.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Well it does, but to me the Syrzia election and reaffirmation in today's vote is the Greek people looking the money machine square in the eye and saying 'we're not paying, your move'. It's mad stuff, but an unbelievable national statement in the face of the whole world who spent a week throwing a rule book and dire outcomes at them.

Makes me wince at the image of a cowed Scottish man unable to pull the trigger and vote for his freedom.
                                                        Maybe they just didn't want it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          Yeah sure, their historic vote for the SNP a couple of months ago allied to recent polls showing a majority for independence again sure indicates that. The truth is they succumbed to scare mongering in the run up to the election, they lack conviction as a nation.

Comment

Yeah sure, their historic vote for the SNP a couple of months ago allied to recent polls showing a majority for independence again sure indicates that. The truth is they succumbed to scare mongering in the run up to the election, they lack conviction as a nation.
                                                            I didn't want it back then, there was more to it than scare mongering. But not going to argue with you about it but I have spoke with a few people on this and heard many opinions from them.

Comment

I didn't want it back then, there was more to it than scare mongering. But not going to argue with you about it but I have spoke with a few people on this and heard many opinions from them.
                                                              Scotland is Englands bitch tbf m8.

Comment

Fair enough for those that didn't but I'm with LL on this, I'm sure there were millions of Scots that were heartbroken when their fellow countrymen were told 'right lads, it's up to you' and decided to keep the status quo.

Scotland isn't even recognised as an independent country, they had their chance and they blew it in spectacular fashion, there can't be any more complaints. On the day of the referendum they were completely assimilated and it was the people themselves that decided this.
                                                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 05-07-15, 21:04.

Comment

Comment

I do like the Greek vote ... Austerity or Austerity? ... FU Europe Austerity on our (make believe) terms.

Comment

No, no, no everything political, economic, sport and otherwise is about standing up to a bully. The Scots were utter cowards not standing up to their dad English overlords.

Comment

Tell you what, it's looking like a big Fuck Off No and not just a No.

Big

Comment

Fair enough for those that didn't but I'm with LL on this, I'm sure there were millions of Scots that were heartbroken when their fellow countrymen were told 'right lads, it's up to you' and decided to keep the status quo.

Scotland isn't even recognised as an independent country, they had their chance but there can't be any more complaints. On the day of the referendum they were completely assimilated.
                                                                          There were many who said they wanted it but in reality when it came down to it they didn't vote it as they preferred to stay part of the union but didn't want to admit to it as it caused some amount of fighting even between friends and family.

Comment

Surely Scotland is in a great position? Gets loots from England, fairly autonomous, free-rider on military, and gets a say in their national parliament?

Comment

No, no, no everything political, economic, sport and otherwise is about standing up to a bully. The Scots were utter cowards not standing up to their dad English overlords.
                                                                              I would have voted no 100%

Comment

Wimbledon getting away with having a blank middle Sunday when people could actually watch it remains one of the more bizarre sporting anomalies.

Comment

Surely Scotland is in a great position? Gets loots from England, fairly autonomous, free-rider on military, and gets a say in their national parliament?
                                                                                  Its the geopolitical equivalent of living at home with your parents in your thirties. Many financial advantages, but not necessarily something to be admired.

Comment

Or when the actions of the public and consistent polling data indicates they may desire one thing yet they fail to vote for it when the chance presents itself maybe it indicates a certain inability to accept the responsibility entailed in what they desire.

I just find the Scots hilarious tbf, the SNP rout one of the funniest election results in a long time. Bless them.

Comment

I would have voted no 100%
                                                                                      I was only joking about the prism through which Lloyd seems to view everything.

Comment

Or when the actions of the public and consistent polling data indicates they may desire one thing yet they fail to vote for it when the chance presents itself maybe it indicates a certain inability to accept the responsibility entailed in what they desire.

I just find the Scots hilarious tbf, the SNP rout one of the funniest election results in a long time. Bless them.
                                                                                        All the polling bar one* was for a no

*(and that was only after adjustment)

Comment

All the polling bar one* was for a no

*(and that was only after adjustment)
                                                                                          Polling since a different story.

Comment

Alex Salmond was the biggest problem. Many many people couldn't stand him. Maybe the right leader may have made a difference but who knows.

Comment

I'm claiming a points win on this one dobby.
                                                                                              You're welcome to it m8. I was delighted they got the draw in the end.

Same stands for two weeks time. 5 point win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                Joe Canning. Holy shit what a goal!

Also I stand by my comments re: Cork. They're still muck. Played the game of their lives and Kerry still should have won it.
                                                                                                A bit harsh imo. They have probably under performed twice in the last 18 months, albeit that their capitulation in last years munster final / this years league final was extreme.

Kerry were gifted two goals by Cork and the ref today , both at stages where Cork were dominating. Don't see how Kerry ever should have won that game.The last 5 mins were a horror show for Cork and it will be hard for them to try and do it all again.

Also those salivating at the Dubs performances should have been brought back to Earth by the results of Kildare and Longford yesterday. The amount of goal chances given up by the Dublin defence against two very poor forward lines is a huge worry given the limited possession Kildare / Longford had in those games.

Comment

GF is re-watching the West Wing, real travesty that Arnie Vinick didn't win.

Comment

Alex Salmond was the biggest problem. Many many people couldn't stand him. Maybe the right leader may have made a difference but who knows.
                                                                                                    Don't think personalities had a huge amount to do with it or, at least, their impact paled in comparison to media like this in the run up:

Comment

The biggest shame about the Scottish ref was the wording. It should not have been YES or NO. It should have been AYE or NAE .

The Greek vote makes the next few weeks very interesting . I'm off to Finland next week , looking forward to hearing their thoughts on this. Finns like their beer and their politics (usually in the Sauna)

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                        A bit harsh imo. They have probably under performed twice in the last 18 months, albeit that their capitulation in last years munster final / this years league final was extreme.

Kerry were gifted two goals by Cork and the ref today , both at stages where Cork were dominating. Don't see how Kerry ever should have won that game.The last 5 mins were a horror show for Cork and it will be hard for them to try and do it all again.

Also those salivating at the Dubs performances should have been brought back to Earth by the results of Kildare and Longford yesterday. The amount of goal chances given up by the Dublin defence against two very poor forward lines is a huge worry given the limited possession Kildare / Longford had in those games.
                                                                                                        Why ? They stuffed them , why would they need to play optimally for the full game ?

Agree with you on Cork though , Kayroo obviously watching a different game.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                          The biggest shame about the Scottish ref was the wording. It should not have been YES or NO. It should have been AYE or NAE .

The Greek vote makes the next few weeks very interesting . I'm off to Finland next week , looking forward to hearing their thoughts on this. Finns like their beer and their politics (usually in the Sauna)
                                                                                                          For some reason I am thinking that Vinney Fitzpatrick, he of Irish Times fame, is based/modelled on you...
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Don't think personalities had a huge amount to do with it or, at least, their impact paled in comparison to media like this in the run up:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...0GY1VZ20140903
                                                                                                            I'm just telling you what people I know said. They hated Salmond. Regardless of articles etc. This was said right at the beginning. He was thought to be a liar and people didn't trust him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Wimbledon getting away with having a blank middle Sunday when people could actually watch it remains one of the more bizarre sporting anomalies.
                                                                                                              It's much better now with the 3 week gap after the French as you have the British GP and opening weekend of Le Tour to occupy. I always found it weird that the 2 of the nations biggest annual sporting events the British GP and men's final clashed every year.

Comment

Aye or Naw is more the way we say it . It's yay or nae when nae is used

Comment

I was only joking about the prism through which Lloyd seems to view everything.
                                                                                                                  Seems strange that someone who supports Munster due to the elitism in Leinster Rugby should support an elitist strat on the Olympics.

Comment

Mostly spending the day giving people work and researching Loire wines. Fine use of a Friday imo.
                                                                                                                    Report on findings please?

Comment

For some reason I am thinking that Vinney Fitzpatrick, he of Irish Times fame, is based/modelled on you...

et tu brute ?

Comment

et tu brute ?
                                                                                                                        Was a compliment....

Comment

Was a compliment....
                                                                                                                          wasn't offended, forgot this fellow ->

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X