you cannot be serious???!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you cannot be serious???!

So it's the larry santo game in the Carlton. I've just availed of the re entry and am in tremendous form. Two hands into my new table this happens. Blinds are 200/400. I raise utg with AQ..Late pos cals and sb calls. Flop comes down A53 with two spades. Small blind checks to me and I make it 2500. Next guy makes it 6.5k to go and the sb now thinks and shoves for approx 25-30k. So then it's up to me....I have obviously no read on these guys as I am just new to the table. The hand is probably going to elicit the response I expect but I want to analyse the responses then and more importantly how the hand played out. Thanks for your input.

Can't imagine a pair being good here too often. Instant muck after the SB shoves.

Would have been a tougher spot had the SB folded, his shove makes it a fairly straight forward fold.

Comment

Usual mongs making stupid references to a perfectly decent question.

As Caf said easy muck we have one pair and both players have shown strength.

Comment

would fold as well. too much strength was show, and we are very rarely ahead in this hand.
        You would rarely see FD push for so many blinds this early into the tourney. Aces weaker would most likely call off one street. You're looking at a set or a 2pair from SB who called with A5s.
        I wouldn't take my post for granted tho, cause this was my first live tourney. Although I must say, I've seen some strange hands being shown at the showdown....

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I did indeed fold. As mentioned, it's a different proposition against one player. Anyway, after I folded, the other guy goes all in to call the sb shove. So at this point I'm thinking one of them has a set and I probably put one on a flush draw. Either could have donkeyed two pair also. Anyway, they turn their cards over...A10 and AJ and no flush draws??!! I couldn't believe my eyes, hence the tiltle of my thread. Oh well..

Comment

There was definitely a percentage of players happy to gamble early knowing they could reload. As other posters have said you played it fine.

Comment

Easy all in. They could be easily re raising you with less , can't be folding such a strong hand and expect to do well in tournaments especially with flush draw out there. You should have been delighted with the action.

Comment

Originally posted by mushypeas12 View Post
                Easy all in. They could be easily re raising you with less , can't be folding such a strong hand and expect to do well in tournaments especially with flush draw out there. You should have been delighted with the action.
                lol
                twitter
                moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by mushypeas12 View Post
                  Oh dear

Comment

mushy has a fair point, what's beating you really?

@OP, was the flop ax-5s-3s or was the ace of spades out there? big difference
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Haha ace of spades was out there..incidentally, re entry had closed before this hand. .

Comment

Working...
                      X