Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible spot, Sun warm up

No info on villain.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

CO (t10,680)
    Hero (Button) (t10,546)
    SB (t9,899)
    BB (t9,509)
    UTG (t8,938)
    UTG+1 (t17,933)
    MP1 (t19,214)
    MP2 (t10,000)

Hero's M: 87.88

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 8
    1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t199, 1 fold, MP2 calls t199, 1 fold, Hero calls t199, SB raises to t760, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t561, MP2 calls t561, Hero calls t561

Flop: (t3,120) 8, 5, A (4 players)
    SB checks, UTG+1 bets t1,622, MP2 calls t1,622, Hero calls t1,622, 1 fold

Turn: (t7,986) 3 (3 players)
    UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets t7,618 (All-In),

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    easy call.
    So what would you put villain on?

Comment

AK with K, 55, 2 pair combo with Ace, flopped flush. Much more likely to be ahead than not imo. It's a pot bet shove on turn so looks like protecting their hand and not a crazy shove.

Comment

i don't think its an easy call,but at the same time its hard to fold, hard to put him on a hand without any info, i think AK with Kh will mostly raise the flop. id usually do a quick opr search to see what type of player were up against if its a reg you can rule out all 2 pair hands, so only really leaves 55, flopped flush or some other hand with the K or Q of hearts, either way its still a tough spot a bad player can easily have 2 pair and a decent player can be shoving a draw here. think you have to call. think the only way you can fold if it was v a tight reg and even at that its not easy
        im guessing he had J,Q or KQ of hearts?
        Last edited by Nuttkickker; 25-05-15, 02:55.
        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
          ... either way its still a tough spot a bad player can easily have 2 pair and a decent player can be shoving a draw here.
          Those are the sort of hands we want in his range.

His line is bizarre if he is ahead imo. Even if he has the flush, we've got outs, and aren't that far behind.

Set mining AA ftw.

Comment

Yeah I worded that badly, meant a bad player is far more likely to have 2 pair so is a much easier call v a bad player, don't think 2 pair hands will be in a good players range after calling a bet, then calling a reralse pre
            MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Result.

I still don't think its as easy of a call as people think but I didn't expect to see the nuts, maybe a smaller flush, 10J/109 or even 67 which I could understand the ship to protect it from bigger flushes AK/AQ.

I found it in real time to be a very tuff decision, I ruled out AK/AQ as he should be raising the flop if he is any good, the only real hand we can put him on is maybe 55/AA but hard to know with no real info with only 22 hands on him.

After replaying the hand a few times imo its a fold, I think he has a smaller flush here a lot.

Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 40/80 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

CO (t10,680)
              Hero (Button) (t10,546)
              SB (t9,899)
              BB (t9,509)
              UTG (t8,938)
              UTG+1 (t17,933)
              MP1 (t19,214)
              MP2 (t10,000)

Hero's M: 87.88

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8, 8
              1 fold, UTG+1 raises t199, 1 fold, MP2 calls t199, 1 fold, Hero calls t199, SB raises t720, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t561, MP2 calls t561, Hero calls t561

Flop: (t3,120) 8, 5, A (4 players)
              SB checks, UTG+1 bets t1,622, MP2 calls t1,622, Hero calls t1,622, 1 fold

Turn: (t7,986) 3 (3 players)
              UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets t7,618 (All-In), Hero raises t8,164 (All-In), 1 fold

River: (t23,222) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t23,222

Results below:
              SPOILER

Hero had 8, 8 (three of a kind, eights).
              MP2 had K, 9 (flush, Ace high).
              Outcome: MP2 won t23,222

Comment

Let's deal with the logic of the situation. Unless he's a big enough fish that he could appear on the new Donegal Catch marketing campaign, by just flat calling the flop bet, villain is telling you "hi I have a flush and I'm just going to call here and hope you have a set or single hearts".

I think your mistake was calling on the flop. You need to make a decision: make a "discliplined lay down" or rip it in his face. If you were happy to call all in on a turn that changed nothing apart from reducing your equity from 36% to 18% (assuming you were against a flush), you should have been happy to get the money in on the flop, when you had a 2 to 1 chance of getting there.

Sometimes you're just dealt a game over.

Ps, given the actual pot odds and your equity on the flop, your call was mathematically okay. You just need to fold non board pairing turns.
                Last edited by specter; 25-05-15, 18:14.

Comment

looking at it again and the stack sizes and the fact its a scoop event with an excellent structure, I agree with you that we can fold to the shove on the turn. still have a little over a 100bb stack to play with in a very good slow structured game
                  MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Working...
                  X