Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 allin to a raise.

Blinds 500/1k my stack 21k

Im on big blind with 77 there is a raise to 7.5k his stack 45k, so pretty big im thinking, maybe he doesnt want a call. So after a bit i ship.

correct or not?
    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Snap fold. Would rather shove 77 with this stack over a raise that might actually find a fold. Here, villain is pretty much never folding.

Comment

I'm no expert but I'd fold, with 21bbs I think you can wait for a better spot and i think he would call with a wide range of hands for another 13.5k chips which leaves you flipping for your tourney life which you dont really want.
      airport, lol

Comment

lol at his raise size. i think its pretty close actually, would depend quite a bit on where your at in the tournament in terms of money, are u near or in the money?

Comment

As stated we need to know what position the villain is in? how many handed the table is? What stage your at in the tourney regarding money. These are all important factors when making this decision.

Comment

nowhere near the money, just after the break still 3 tables left. he is in e.m position.

Comment

His raise is bizarre. What was his standard raise?
              I wouldn't assume that he doesn't want a call

Comment

Certainly not folding, if he is bad enough to open 7x who know if he is bad enough to fold to a shove.

Comment

Really need to know his style, where he raised from, and what all the stacks behind him where. Like if this was a late pos raise into you and a few shorties by an aggro player, then I'd probably get it in cos it's one of those spots where villain may have felt his sizing was irrelevant, 'since I'm calling off shoves regardless why not just put them in myself' kinda logic.

Without any dynamic like that I'd just fold. We have a perfect reshoving stack so there will likely be better spots
                  "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Villain's position is pretty important here???

Comment

Well lets's see.. if the raise is from UTG, I snap-fold. But if raise is from SB, I snap-shove.. Yep seems pretty important.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                        nowhere near the money, just after the break still 3 tables left. he is in e.m position.
                        op has already said hes in e.m position... i think i just fold here and wait for a better spot with 21bbs.

Comment

my bad. prolly should start reading threads

Comment

Ive experienced a few similar situations like this lately and villian always had the goods, I think the odd raise size signifies a big hand in an inexperienced player from wat I have found neway!

Comment

Sorry just read OP.

Easy Fold.

Comment

Love when people try to analyse a player's raise size or his intention behind it.. Like that by raising that much he's trying to tell the table he's happy to get them in. The fact off the matter in most of these cases is that the player just hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing.

Snap fold for me anyway. You're rarely better than racing and you should be able to pick up chips with less risk than this on a table where someone is 7.5x opening. Take it this is just a local tournament? If so, 20bbs is still quite a playable stack.

Comment

k lads thanks for replies. folding was the correct outcome but i didnt, his bet size really through me off tbh. he is not an inexperinced player by no means but playing in the local hall you really need to make your bet count as people will call. he had KJo fwiw. k hi flop.

thanks again

Comment

k lads thanks for replies. folding was the correct outcome but i didnt, his bet size really through me off tbh. he is not an inexperinced player by no means but playing in the local hall you really need to make your bet count as people will call. he had KJo fwiw. k hi flop.

thanks again
                                    surely this outcome makes shoving the right option?? u had the better hand and he wat is essentially junk for a lol-bad open,in this hand ..we think he has margianl hand that we're ahead of..we expect a call cos of his open size......we lose race..if your not happy racing for your stack at this stage then its an obv fold..hoping he has 66 is too optimistic

Comment

The outcome is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kie Diddy View Post
                                        surely this outcome makes shoving the right option?? u had the better hand and he wat is essentially junk for a lol-bad open,in this hand ..we think he has margianl hand that we're ahead of..we expect a call cos of his open size......we lose race..if your not happy racing for your stack at this stage then its an obv fold..hoping he has 66 is too optimistic

Comment

thanks again
                                          this is what I was replying to....

Comment

Working...
                                          X