2 IWF Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 IWF Hands

I'm interested in people's opinions on these 2 hands, I think the 2nd one is standard but wouldn't mind thoughts on folding?

Hand 1:
    Day 1, blinds 200-400 & ante 25. Villain is Dermot Blain who has been serial-raising from UTG and EP throughout the last few levels. Probably because myself and guy to my left are both playing tight, mainly as we're short and getting atrocious cards

Dermot raises to 850 from UTG, LP tightish player (but seems to like an odd loose call with hands like KJ) flats.
    I'm short on about 11.5k and need a double-up. I look down at 10-10 in the BB and raise to 2,400. Is this a poor raise? Should I have just shipped?

Dermot has a good think about it and flats. He's playing about 16k before the hand. I'm thinking WTF now.
    The other guy gets out of the way.

Flop comes Jh4s5s and I bet out 2,900. I think this is a bad mistake as it leaves me with around 6.5k behind. Should I have shipped in now or is that a total spewtard shove?

Dermot deliberates for about 2/3 minutes and bets out about a 9k chunk. FML.

What do I do now? Thoughts please. I've a feeling I massacred this hand.

Hand 2:
    Day 2, blinds 800-1600 & 100 ante. I'm after losing a 52k pot with KK<AA and down to 12.3k after a few antes gone by.

I look down at Ks10h in LP so I ship in. Standard?

hand 1 ship pre

hand 2 ship pre

easy game

Comment

Mods, can you move to tournament section, only spotted it now!

Comment

Hand 1

If you are thinking of folding now then you should have shipped pre.

I think you played it pretty much perfectly. 3 bet amount with 2 players in the hand is fine. C-bet amount looks like you can fold to a shove. I'd snapcall.

I think he can turn up with a lot of hands here including smaller pairs, OESD, gutshots with FD, FD with overs.

Hand 2

Standard

Comment

Hand 1:
          I think nearly 30BBs is too mcuh to shove over a min raise.
          I'd prob 3bet slightly bigger, say to 3000-3200, reasoning being you can then lead shove the flop for slightly more than a PSB.
          As played, I don't like the small flop lead, but you have no other choice than to snap it off now.

Hand 2: standard

Comment

Hnad 1: Im not crazy about 3 betting pre oop to an utg raise to a competant player and a tight player in position. As played i raise more pre and post flop.

Hand 2: never folding here.

Comment

First off, hand 2 makes 1 a complete spoiler alert :P

hand 1:
              I most likely just 3-bet shove it in pre. So much fold equity and you will be picking up 2.5k in the middle which makes it profitable in the long run me thinks! And you're not hating a call from AQ or worse which you're flipping against.

hand 2:
              just get it in ya, actually a decent hand to shove with as you're not crushed by much of their calling range.

Comment

Ya I probably over-thought the 1st hand too much and my bet-sizing was poor. I should've sized my flop bet so that I couldn't fold and I think my opponent picked up on this quickly. I'd love to know what he had if he posts here

I ended up folding hand 1 and battled back from a shorter stack to back over average again, but it's still probably a call in this spot.

For hand 2, I just wanted clarification that this is a standard ship, and I ran into JJ. When the flop came QJx, at least it gave your man a bit of a sweat

Saw on the stream that the poor fella ended up bubble boy

Comment

Working...
                X