Tricky ten's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tricky ten's

Live game, €35 f/o, ~20 players left, I am playing ~20k (starting stack), villain has ~23k, 4 paid, blinds 300-600, my image would be tight due to being card dead. Shown down twice and been good both times with AK and KQ. Picked up a couple of other small pots.

Villain likes to limp/call raises and see flops, he has check called flop and then bet turn 3 times showing down with top pair on flop all three times, winning one. A few other times he didn't show or folded to river bet.

Villain is UTG+1, I am CO.

UTG limps, villain limps, 2 folds, I raise to 2100, everyone else folds and the two limpers call.

Flop 934r, 2 checks, I bet 5k, UTG folds, villain calls.

Turn 8x, villain bets 7k. Action??

I'd shove.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
      I'd shove.
      Thanks for reply, going to get a few more opinions before I post my action/result.

Comment

Might raise more pre flop and ye shove the turn to be honest. If he has 8 9 gg we still have outs of 3,4,10. This going by what you know of villain.

Comment

Smaller on flop
          Shove now

Comment

Looks good,flop sizing is fine giving reads that villan stations alot,just jamming turn now ul if he has better
            “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
              Smaller on flop
              Shove now
              Originally posted by shanno66 View Post
              Looks good,flop sizing is fine giving reads that villan stations alot,just jamming turn now ul if he has better
              I bet the 5k on flop looking to commit myself on a low turn. When I saw the 8 and his bet I was happy the plan for the hand was working.

I shoved, he snapped. Set of 3's off the flop. GG WP etc etc

Comment

Ridiculous question.

Player A took a certain line and always turned up with top pair. He takes that line again, what do we do?

In any case you have 30 blinds and an overpair.

Comment

Given what you've said about villains tendencies it's nearly a fistpump shove! UL and WP if he has the 89 or the set but with 33bbs and history I think its always a shove here. I like the bet sizings pre and on flop
                  Poker is like sex, position is everything..

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Duecewilder

Comment

Originally posted by Duecewilder View Post
                    Given what you've said about villains tendencies it's nearly a fistpump shove! UL and WP if he has the 89 or the set but with 33bbs and history I think its always a shove here. I like the bet sizings pre and on flop
                    It was the monthly in cue club. Where did you finish up?? You were going well when I left

Comment

Can't do anything but jam here Sam.Strange that he has changed his line on the turn but seems like a donk lead. 8-9 is a worry but shouldn't be afraid of sets here too often.unlucky

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleboy View Post
                        Can't do anything but jam here Sam.Strange that he has changed his line on the turn but seems like a donk lead. 8-9 is a worry but shouldn't be afraid of sets here too often.unlucky
                        Yeah the one hand that he won when he c/c flop and led turn with flopped top pair, he spiked a Q river to finish with two pair. So he doesn't necessarrily have to have hit the turn. I was happy enough with how I played the hand, just not the result. Seems like an obvious shove after the comments here but always better to see it written down for it to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          Ridiculous question.

Player A took a certain line and always turned up with top pair. He takes that line again, what do we do?

In any case you have 30 blinds and an overpair.
                          Its not a ridiculous question.

Guy is trying to work out does he have to go broke in that spot every time or is there a way around it. Valid question imo.
                          twitter
                          moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                            Its not a ridiculous question.

Guy is trying to work out does he have to go broke in that spot every time or is there a way around it. Valid question imo.
                            Thanks Chris, I didn't respond to the post because I wasn't sure how to word it but that's the response I was looking for.

What would be your own opinion on it, if you wouldn't mind? I'd be interested to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                              Thanks Chris, I didn't respond to the post because I wasn't sure how to word it but that's the response I was looking for.

What would be your own opinion on it, if you wouldn't mind? I'd be interested to hear it.

I get it in on the turn v that guy every time.
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                I get it in on the turn v that guy every time.
                                Yeah I know the guy too and he doesn't play much anymore but his tendencies always seem to stay the same. Obviously they have it sometimes though, but like I said in a previous post, i'm happy with the way I played the hand. TY for reply

Comment

I was in the exact same spot recently with 10s and a tight player limped in middle position. a very dry board 8,3,3,9,6 somewhere along them lines. I led the flop, check raised the turn and the river he leads! turns out he had queens but got me thinking if it had of been against any other player i was shipping the river as i thought perfect board. suppose what im saying is it also depends on knowing the player and whats their range
                                  http://www.wicklowpkrscene.blogspot.com

Comment

That's nothing like my situation though to be fair. My opponent wasn't tight, he was a station

Comment

That's nothing like my situation though to be fair. My opponent wasn't tight, he was a station
                                      nearly the same situation and exactly why i explained what the player i was up against was like! sometimes the stations have it to (unfortunately)
                                      http://www.wicklowpkrscene.blogspot.com

Comment

It was the monthly in cue club. Where did you finish up?? You were going well when I left
                                        Era 7/8 I think.. Aj<ak made a bit of a shove/fold mistake with 18bbs regretted it after.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
                                        Poker is like sex, position is everything..

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Duecewilder

Comment

Working...
                                        X