Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couple of spots i came upon tonight

HAND 1
    this was a sat to the sunday mill, probably about 22 left, with 15 seats available.
    is this a bad shove? there is a reasonabley good chance i will make the seat if i fold, but it would be fairly tight.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 39 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 50 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t7874)
    HERO UTG+1 (t6674)
    MP1 (t4060)
    MP2 (t1586)
    MP3 (t1745)
    CO (t5400)
    Button (t6560)
    BB (t4494)

UTG+1's M: 5.13
    hero: 10 10

Preflop:
    UTG+1 bets t6624 (All-In), 7 folds

Total pot: t1900

Results:
    UTG+1 didn't show 10, 10.
    Outcome: UTG+1 won t1900

HAND 2
    this is from either the storm or the bigger 11
    if i get involved here i have to raise right? and iam not to sure i like it seen as it has been raised and reraised allready.
    flat calling the reraise here is bad, right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t12414)
    MP2 (t11190)
    MP3 (t4560)
    CO (t11193)
    Button (t5272)
    SB (t11349)
    HERO BB (t4197)
    UTG (t11746)
    UTG+1 (t10663)

BB's M: 7.00
    HERO: 10 10

Preflop:
    UTG bets t500, UTG+1 raises to t750, 5 folds, SB calls t625, 1 fold, UTG calls t250

Flop: (t2725) A, Q, 8 (3 players)
    SB bets t1750, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t9888 (All-In), SB calls t8138

Turn: (t22501) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t22501) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t22501
    Main pot: t22501 between SB and UTG+1, won by SB

Results:
    SB had K, A (one pair, Aces).
    UTG+1 had J, A (one pair, Aces).
    Outcome: SB won t22501

HAND 3
    i mentioned this guy in the other thread,and here is a hand i was involved with him in. i didn't know it at the time as i didn't have too many hands on him at this point, but after amassing 70ish hands on him he was playing 66/6 and had a stack of 109k mostly through this kinda play.
    what do people think here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 100 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

HERO Button (t24763)
    SB (t30672)
    BB (t60512)
    UTG (t17633)
    UTG+1 (t8620)
    MP1 (t14862)
    MP2 (t22201)
    MP3 (t43680)
    CO (t19893)

Button's M: 10.32
    HERO: 10h Js

Preflop:
    6 folds, Button bets t2250, 1 fold, BB calls t1250

Flop: (t5900) 3, 7, 10 (2 players)
    BB bets t1000, Button raises to t5345, BB calls t4345

Turn: (t16590) A (2 players)
    BB bets t1000, Button calls t1000

River: (t18590) 2 (2 players)
    BB bets t4000, Button folds

Total pot: t18590

Results:
    BB didn't show
    Outcome: BB won t18590

had to fill in my hole cards myself as i hadn't it ticked on the converter
    Last edited by Angry-Ball; 19-12-11, 01:36.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Hand 1 - I fold, 2nd in chips on that table so assuming top 5 with 22 left with some very short stacks there.

Hand 2 - I fold too, would depend on how UTG+1 who reraised was playing if that min raise means he always has a monster. Def wouldnt flat in that pos so suppose fold > raise > flat

Hand 3 - I prob just flat the flop bet even tho its ridiculous from him. Everything gets there on the turn and river so call turn as played and fold river. No idea what playing 66/6 means

Comment

H 1: More info needed, avg stack, shorties stack sizes, our position...

H 2: Yeah, shove or fold pre with this stack, I'd side with folding without a read but I might OPR them.

H 3: I keep forgetting what the stats mean so not sure what you should do tbh. I'd be making my mind up on the flop though because we are committing too much of our stack and there's a lot of bad cards that could come ott.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tourney poker section!!!

Comment

H1 - Agree with caf, need average to make a proper decision but stacks are so similar at your table, like your down with the same stack as 4 other guys when the blinds go thru. Can u rememver the avrg tho?

H2 - Not gonna be the most amazin strat advice.. but.. Its the storm and you have TT with 16bbs im not waitin anyway unless the guy has been uber nitty but u didnt mention any stats.

H3 - Ste/Caf The 66/6 means hes played 66% of hands and only raised 6% of hands so limped/flatted 60% over a sample of 70 means hes lolbad.

AB i think i just go into call down mode tbh.
        What did you want to happen by raising flop, him fold or ship?
        Hes so passive hes never shippin his draws on the flop if thats what you want so alot of the time ul be jus bloatin a pot where a guy can bluff again [with the hands a raise folds out and draws that dont hit].
        Callin every turn card (when its 1k bet again) and deciding river by his sizing.
        For me atm calling down >> raising to 'protect' your ten.

Comment

very disappointed, I had assumed this thread would have pictures
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

in hand 1 iam in about 6/7 position, but if i leave the blinds go through me then iam in about 15/16 position going by the stack sizes at the time.

thats from memory so might not be 100% but wouldn't be far off.

hand 3
            once the ace hits on the turn iam gone into call it down once its not to expensive and the board dosn't get worse mode, once the flush and possible straight hits on the river iam just not ever comfortable calling off here with 4th best.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              very disappointed, I had assumed this thread would have pictures
              ok here is another spot i came on last night, might be more to your liking
              SPOILER
              NSFW
              SPOILER

Comment

I shove hand 1.

Comment

in hand 1 iam in about 6/7 position, but if i leave the blinds go through me then iam in about 15/16 position going by the stack sizes at the time..
                  This is a fold based on the above imo.
                  The capped payout of a ticket, esp 70% of the field getting paid, means that the potential for losing EV is far greater than we could gain. TT isn't strong enough in this spot.

Comment

Working...
                  X