Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it worth carrying on here

i fold these spots nearly 100% of the time
    should i be calling here and taking the gamble?

i was going to lead the flop but felt if i bet here, he would push over me and i would have to fold. by checking i was hoping that he would make a normal 60% pot size cbet and that i would have the correct odds to see another card?.
    was this correct thinking or would i have been better leading the flop?

Full Tilt, NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 25 Ante, 8 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: 3,817
    UTG+1: 4,825
    MP1: 6,451
    Hero (MP2): 20,599
    CO: 8,411
    BTN: 13,498
    SB: 5,717
    BB: 7,739

Pre-Flop: (650) A T dealt to Hero (MP2)
    3 folds, Hero raises to 700, CO raises to 1,100, 3 folds, Hero calls 400

Flop: (2,850) 8 9 J (2 Players)
    Hero checks, CO bets 7,286 and is All-In, Hero folds

Results: 2,850 Pot
    CO showed and WON 2,850 (+1,750 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
    i fold these spots nearly 100% of the time
    should i be calling here and taking the gamble?
    Never.

i was going to lead the flop but felt if i bet here, he would push over me and i would have to fold. by checking i was hoping that he would make a normal 60% pot size cbet and that i would have the correct odds to see another card?. was this correct thinking or would i have been better leading the flop?
    Leading the flop is just ghey. You played it fine.

Calling a 3-bet pre oop with AT or the like is always going to lead to probs down the line. Here it's a mini 3-bet and you can well afford it but you should be able to get away easy enough should you not flop big.
    It's all an illusion

Comment

Pre is fine, its only 400 to call to win a pot of 2,250, with like 5.5 to 1 im calling all day thats why min 3bets are not great play esp,

On the flop it's def check to the raiser and when he shove's he leaving little room to be called by anything that he's beating, you def shouldn't be given him a spin give your stack size, check fold and move on

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
        On the flop it's def check to the raiser and when he shove's he leaving little room to be called by anything that he's beating, you def shouldn't be given him a spin give your stack size, check fold and move on
        Lol @ this coming from the guy that would beat the villain into the pot.

Comment

Working...
        X