Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    I may not even snap up standing @100, 15yo me very disappointed.
    Nah, even the extra for the pit ticket was a no brainer. Suspect that getting to Manchester last year is going to turn out to be less hassle than getting back from Slane.

Comment

If only one had had the good taste and sophistication at fifteen to enjoy things that wouldn't look so ridiculous as an adult
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        TSLA
        How come the share is still $300 and trending upwards

Comment

I'm in super serious Level 11 procrastination mode, absolute deadline of a week ago has whooshed past and I'm stuck looking at pressing play on something horrible that once I let it out into the wild is inevitably going to blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            How come the share is still $300 and trending upwards
            I don't know really. Bonds are always the smarter money, and the cost of insuring that debt is incredibly high, + their puts are outrageous. Rest of the market is treating the company like it's busto. Probably be one last fraud/PR pump and then a quick trip to El Busto.

Comment

Nah, even the extra for the pit ticket was a no brainer. Suspect that getting to Manchester last year is going to turn out to be less hassle than getting back from Slane.
              Get Dublin bus from parnell sq. They drop off and collect at the same place in slane. Have used it twice for slane and no hassle either time. Once we stayed in Drumcondra and bus driver stopped to let us off on the way back into town.

Comment

My two bros and I also going to that Slane gig, have sprung for the Gold Circle pit tickets. Think we'll rent a camper van and stay there that night, not going to try to get back to Dublin/Galway on the night itself.

Only other Slane gig I was at was REM in 1995, just the 24 year gap...

Comment

I'm in super serious Level 11 procrastination mode, absolute deadline of a week ago has whooshed past and I'm stuck looking at pressing play on something horrible that once I let it out into the wild is inevitably going to blow up.
                  let it go, prepare blame strategy
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    let it go, prepare blame strategy
                    I don't think they expect much from him in that place anyway.

Comment

Anyone here go to Arctic Monkeys last night?

Heading up tonight - Hope it's a good one

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                        My two bros and I also going to that Slane gig, have sprung for the Gold Circle pit tickets. Think we'll rent a camper van and stay there that night, not going to try to get back to Dublin/Galway on the night itself.

Only other Slane gig I was at was REM in 1995, just the 24 year gap...
                        I went to slane every year for a long time.
                        Highlight was Moby and Bryan Adams, I dunno who came up with that mixture
                        The thoughts of doing it now feels me with dread.

edit...actual best was
                        RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS
                        Foo Fighters/Queens of Stone Age/PJ Havey/Feeder
                        RHCP playing I feel love by Donna Summer will always stay with me as I was out of my gourd dancing around
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

edit...actual best was
                          RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS
                          RHCP playing I feel love by Donna Summer will always stay with me as I was out of my gourd dancing around
                          Moby played with U2 if I remember . Did my lovely horse with Doughal ? Didn't notice a Bryan Adams. Drop the B from Bryan and there you have a great artist. Been to about 10 Slane gigs . Paid for 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                            Anyone here go to Arctic Monkeys last night?

Heading up tonight - Hope it's a good one
                            Yeah I went last minute, mate couldn't go, I'm not a big fan or anything haven't really listened to them since the first album, but I thought they were great, not much new stuff, was hoping for a bit more out of the encore. We were sitting, standing looked intense.

Comment

edit...actual best was
                              RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS
                              Went once to Oasis ten years ago and said I'd never go back. Think Metallica is just about the only act that would get me there (and maybe Dua Lipa)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                I don't think they expect much from him in that place anyway.
                                Revenge for all those coffee orders must come sweeeeeeeeet

Comment

Yeah I went last minute, mate couldn't go, I'm not a big fan or anything haven't really listened to them since the first album, but I thought they were great, not much new stuff, was hoping for a bit more out of the encore. We were sitting, standing looked intense.
                                  Nice one - Ya it's very last minute for me too

Big fan of their older stuff - Standing!

Comment

Went through Slane in a car once

Comment

I still haven't looked up what puts are, the word itself sounds so silly that I'm enjoying it.

edit...actual best was
                                      RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS
                                      That's the only Slane gig I've ever been too, 2003 I think? I remember thinking man that was an amazing concert, I never want to come back here again. I had buckfast for the first time there, it was luckily mixed with coke and was quite good somehow.

It was also 2 days or so after I saw Metallica for the first time, my first gig ever. Think the support was Linkin Park and the Darkness? Was at the RDS and was amazing. They only dared to play one song off St Anger, the title track.

Then the next year was Metallica with Lost Prophets (meh) and Slipknot, who were awesome.

Used to be in my day you'd turn up early to get in the pit at a gig, now it costs €60.
                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 25-09-18, 13:50.

Comment

I still haven't looked up what puts are, the word itself sounds so silly that I'm enjoying it..
                                        puts and calls = (right to) sell or buy something, in this case Tesla stock

Then bonds can be puttable or callable. Which is similar but different.

And, if you're Denny, you probably speak Algo, which is a finely-tuned dialect of gibberish, used to make it seem as though you know what the trading programs are actually doing. Nobody actually knows except the mysterious Russian guy who wrote the code. And he isn't talking.

Comment

puts
                                          pʊts,pʌts/Submit
                                          INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
                                          noun
                                          a stupid or worthless person.
                                          "I'm not some two-bit puts who doesn't know the difference between Ouzo and Dom Perignon"

Comment

Just boarded a Ryanair with a toddler and a 1 year old.

I would honestly suggest that negotiating them through an Afghani mine field would have been less stressful.

Where's the gargle trolley.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

And, if you're Denny, you probably speak Algo, which is a finely-tuned dialect of gibberish, used to make it seem as though you know what the trading programs are actually doing. Nobody actually knows except the mysterious Russian guy who wrote the code. And he isn't talking.
                                              Russians code, Chinese do the maths, not really sure what the Irish do.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I would honestly suggest that negotiating them through an Afghani mine field would have been less stressful.

To alleviate stress I just pretend to myself I'm bringing two monkeys to a new zoo . That mindset change makes it easier to contend with the mayhem.

Comment

Speaking of Tesla, does anyone know how to buy put options on Degiro? I tried a while back but couldn’t see specific US stocks. Complete novice here

Comment

That's the only Slane gig I've ever been too, 2003 I think? I remember thinking man that was an amazing concert, I never want to come back here again. I had buckfast for the first time there, it was luckily mixed with coke and was quite good somehow.

It was also 2 days or so after I saw Metallica for the first time, my first gig ever. Think the support was Linkin Park and the Darkness? Was at the RDS and was amazing. They only dared to play one song off St Anger, the title track.

Then the next year was Metallica with Lost Prophets (meh) and Slipknot, who were awesome.

Used to be in my day you'd turn up early to get in the pit at a gig, now it costs €60.
                                                    Didn't the singer with those guys turn out to be like a really aggressive pedophile?

Comment

Haven't been back to Slane since Dylan in '84

Some friends ran a burger stall at Queen in '86 only two products burgers and chips.
                                                      Their sign read:

Burger and Chips £3
                                                      Burger £1.50
                                                      Chips £1.30

IIRC they moved some 8000 burgers and had just two people in the entire day pull them up looking for their 20p back

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Unfollowing on Twitter due to duplication
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

I was at that
                                                          Linkin Park got the piss pint treatment from the older black tee shirt "proper" rockers.
                                                          The Darkness went over surprisingly well by a mostly bemused crowd.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Didn't the singer with those guys turn out to be like a really aggressive pedophile?
                                                              that's putting it mildly.
                                                              I think a court transcript leaked at the time and it was fucking revolting

Comment

I was at that
                                                                Linkin Park got the piss pint treatment from the older black tee shirt "proper" rockers.
                                                                Had first heard of the darkness earlier that day while watching TV, and was like wtf is this shit. Then turned up to the gig and the fliers were saying they were the support.

Linkin Park got an awful time of it but they were good. It was cool to not like them at the time.

Comment

I was at that
                                                                  That was some bottling they got. Fair play that they stuck it out for the few fans of theirs that were there.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  Speaking of Tesla, does anyone know how to buy put options on Degiro? I tried a while back but couldn’t see specific US stocks. Complete novice here
                                                                  It's not the most user friendly. Think I did spot them there, searching for Tesla under warrants?

Comment

Russians code, Chinese do the maths, not really sure what the Irish do.
                                                                    Drink and gamble? Oh wait...
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Trump thanked Chairman Kim in a speech to the UN.

I made a joke to two strangers the other day about the simulation running out of ram and they got it immediately. If you made that reference 2/5/10 years ago how likely would it be that someone would get it?

Comment

@SP you must be pushing retirement at this stage? I assume you have your exit strategy planned out.

Comment

puts
                                                                          pʊts,pʌts/Submit
                                                                          INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
                                                                          noun
                                                                          a stupid or worthless person.
                                                                          "I'm not some two-bit puts who doesn't know the difference between Ouzo and Dom Perignon"
                                                                          That's putz.

Commonly confused with schmuck.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            @SP you must be pushing retirement at this stage? I assume you have your exit strategy planned out.
                                                                            with grandkids due, he's probably taking on even more work!

Comment

You get to have the fun with your grandkids you didn't with your kids, and you get to hand them back.

Comment

That's putz.

Commonly confused with schmuck.
                                                                                I know that sure I'm the one who pasted it here and changed the spelling!

Comment

You get to have the fun with your grandkids you didn't with your kids, and you get to hand them back.
                                                                                  I'm sure there's always the fear that the parents will do a runner.

Comment

I know that sure I'm the one who pasted it here and changed the spelling!
                                                                                    Oi Vey! You're meshuggah, you schlemiel!

Go stick your schnozz in someone else's dreck.

Comment

UN General Assembly openly laughing at Trump.

Comment

Trump thanked Chairman Kim in a speech to the UN.

I made a joke to two strangers the other day about the simulation running out of ram and they got it immediately. If you made that reference 2/5/10 years ago how likely would it be that someone would get it?
                                                                                        His handling of the GA laughing at his claims of being the most successful administration ever was likely the only time I've ever seen any sort of redeeming feature in him, it was sort of relatable.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

UN General Assembly openly laughing at Trump.
                                                                                          it really is amazing viewing.
                                                                                          I've achieved more in two years than any previous administration is an amazing statement

Comment

it really is amazing viewing.
                                                                                            I've achieved more in two years than any previous administration is an amazing statement
                                                                                            In fairness, he does look like someone who knows he's taking the piss.

Comment

He'll probably pull the US out of the UN now for that.

Comment

He'll probably pull the US out of the UN now for that.
                                                                                                It's effectively happened already

Comment

This!

I'm relaxed enough about it and in no hurry at all, happy to keep working as long as I'm let and I expect that I will continue to work at something as long as I'm able. It's only recently I realised that I fell just the wrong side of the extension to state pension age for some reason I thought I was good for getting it at 66 but it will be 68 and that is a very long time away.
                                                                                                  Because I was self employed for most of my time I was late in getting on the pension bus so plan A remains to scoop a big score somewhere and become a hobby farmer, failing that there should be enough to live on!

Comment

This!

I'm relaxed enough about it and in no hurry at all, happy to keep working as long as I'm let and I expect that I will continue to work at something as long as I'm able. It's only recently I realised that I fell just the wrong side of the extension to state pension age for some reason I thought I was good for getting it at 66 but it will be 68 and that is a very long time away.
                                                                                                    Because I was self employed for most of my time I was late in getting on the pension bus so plan A remains to scoop a big score somewhere and become a hobby farmer, failing that there should be enough to live on!
                                                                                                    What would you hobby farm?

Comment

America is governed by Americans. We reject the ideology of globalism and we embrace the doctrine of patriotism.

Where have I heard something like that before

Comment

What would you hobby farm?
                                                                                                        Horses, and organic veg

Except the veg wouldn't be 'organic' organic just homegrown, a few high value non commercial varieties that can generate a decent margin
                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-09-18, 16:02.

Comment

Horses, and organic veg
                                                                                                          Feed one to the other. Assuming this is not uni-directional, depending on the efficacy of the nags.

Comment

Where have I heard something like that before
                                                                                                            He had a few sentences

Comment

He had a few sentences
                                                                                                              Did you read Fear yet?

If even a quarter of it is true, he shouldn't be in charge of a sweet shop.

Comment

Did you read Fear yet?

If even a quarter of it is true, he shouldn't be in charge of a sweet shop.
                                                                                                                zero interest in it.

Comment

there's one for every occasion

Comment

there's one for every occasion
                                                                                                                    These guys need to get on the case

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                      ...Watch this goal by Salah against Everton earlier in the year...It was a good goal, in fact it was probably a very good goal...But how the fuck this has won the puskas award for goal of the year is astonishing...I have probablyseen 20 goals in the premier league alone that are as good as if not better...The Gareth bale overhead kick in the biggest game of the season was absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, but was beaten by this...Speechless...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8XGUgvoAM
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                      Fans voted on it. It's a non story. Salah the Chelsea reject was embarrassed collecting it. It was the worst of the nominees.
                                                                                                                      Didn't even win goal of the month...

Jermain Defoe wins the Carling Premier League Goal of the Month award for December after stunning second goal against Crystal Palace.________________________...

Comment

Hmmmm, jn wine 20/25% cheaper to buy up North.

For a gentle spin up and down, seems a no-brainer. Would like to keep my record of not buying wine in Ireland for the last five years intact.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Unfollowing on Twitter due to duplication
                                                                                                                          Needed to tell as many of my pals as possible.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X