Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Rankings Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-14, 22:52   #241
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone
 
DAMO72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Bit early yet to know for sure though it looks like two of the bigger operator's will be taking each other on with both having a 50k guaranteed game on the same weekend in May.

Its beginning to look unlikely the Rankings will continue next year as sponsors seem to be thin on the ground due to the current climate in the poker industry and its a bit pointless running it without a decent prize at the end of the year. I dont really have the time at the moment to go chasing other potential revenue streams outside of the poker industry unfortunately.
Thanks Ciaran , i will be looking to hit the big smoke for a night of debauchery with yourself and anyone else that cares to join us . Just thought there might be a tourney on that i could get barred from beforehand
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 05-11-14, 23:19   #242
JP Poker
Member
 
JP Poker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMO72 View Post
Thanks Ciaran , i will be looking to hit the big smoke for a night of debauchery with yourself and anyone else that cares to join us . Just thought there might be a tourney on that i could get barred from beforehand
I guess I'll need to bring security in so
JP Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 05-11-14, 23:25   #243
Sickpuppy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Poker View Post
I guess I'll need to bring security in so
Just nail down the chairs be grand.
Sickpuppy is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 05-11-14, 23:53   #244
JP Poker
Member
 
JP Poker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 4,152
How long are you home for Damo?
JP Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-14, 00:20   #245
DAMO72
Poker Face ringtone
 
DAMO72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Poker View Post
How long are you home for Damo?
I'll be back for 3 weeks from the 13th of may to June 3rd.
DAMO72 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 10-11-14, 19:43   #246
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
Celtic/Northern Poker's €50k Gtd November Challenge is this weekends Ranking Tournament with starting Days on both Friday & Saturday @ €120.


Last year saw over 700 runners.
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 17:09   #247
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
Boylepoker 3.5k IO Seat Competiton Leaders added to the Rankings Thread
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-14, 13:16   #248
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
Celtic Poker Grand Final this weekend in Carlow.

Satelites Tuesday/Thursday on Irish Eyes Poker with tickets Guaranteed.


November Challenge results from The Green Isle will be updated next week along with the Grand Final results.
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-14, 14:54   #249
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
RANKINGS updated with November Challenge results from The Green Isle Hotel.


Couple of small movers in the Top 10, including the first person to hit 9 Results for the year so far - John Hanaphy.



Don't forget its CPT Grand Final weekend in Carlow this week......
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-14, 12:52   #250
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
RANKINGS updated with CPT Grand Final Results from Carlow.

Not much movement bar a couple of cashees moving into the Top 20 Overall.




Busy weekend ahead with 4 x Ranking Events taking place......

Thursday - Fitzwilliam EOM (270)
Saturday - Fitzwilliam Festival Main Event (540)

Saturday - Northwest Poker, Bundoran (120 - 15k GTD)

Sunday - Boylepoker Masters, Tallaght (150 - 25k GTD)
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-14, 12:34   #251
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
RANKINGS updated with Fitzwilliam EOM Results.

3 more Ranking Events this weekend - see post above.
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 10:27   #252
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 10,673
Still awaiting Bundoran results & full results from the Boylepoker Winter Series but the provisional Top 3 going into December looks as follows.......

RANKPLAYERPOINTS
   
1Ivan Tononi2465
2Dara O Kearney2454
3Nicholas Newport2305

Crossbar weekend for Doke (who needed to ladder one more spot in Tallaght) & Nick Newport (who needed Top 2 in the Fitz but managed 8th) for either to take the lead.


All very tight at the top with a min cash in any remaining Event good enough to take the title at the moment.

Will put up a full write up once all the weekends results have been added.
__________________
.

2017 LIVE IRISH POKER RANKINGS

.

Last edited by Dice75; 01-12-14 at 23:11.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 15:49   #253
Northern Poker
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
Bit early yet to know for sure though it looks like two of the bigger operator's will be taking each other on with both having a €50k guaranteed game on the same weekend in May.

Its beginning to look unlikely the Rankings will continue next year as sponsors seem to be thin on the ground due to the current climate in the poker industry and its a bit pointless running it without a decent prize at the end of the year. I dont really have the time at the moment to go chasing other potential revenue streams outside of the poker industry unfortunately.
Hi Ciaran, just thought i would through something out for discussion with regards to next years rankings. Firstly you deserve great credit for your effort up to now but bigger prizes are needed for the rankings to continue. What if each event held back 1% to go into a prize fund to pay top 10 next year? Only events that qualify through your criteria and contribute to the prizepool would count towards the rankings. I know some of the big events, Irish Open & UKIPT'S. may not be interested but there are enough decent ones in Ireland to build a good fund. Northern Poker and Celtic Poker would be up for it. Thoughts please.
Northern Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 04-12-14, 16:55   #254
ACE REPORTER
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 467
Same sort of thing has been suggested to me.
Some of the bigger events may not go for 1% so a flat fee of say 200 per event or 1 per player may work better. There are almost 80 ranking events this year so a decent prize pool on either system.
__________________
http://www.pokerinireland.net/
ACE REPORTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 04-12-14, 19:09   #255
8611
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,016
Either way, to give dice anything less than free entry to the Irish Open given the amount of effort he's put in would be a scandal, no??
8611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 04-12-14, 20:50   #256
Northern Poker
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8611 View Post
Either way, to give dice anything less than free entry to the Irish Open given the amount of effort he's put in would be a scandal, no??
I agree but who is going to pay for it this year? Next year an allowance could be made for Ciaran out of the fund.
Northern Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-14, 20:57   #257
Northern Poker
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
Same sort of thing has been suggested to me.
Some of the bigger events may not go for 1% so a flat fee of say 200 per event or 1 per player may work better. There are almost 80 ranking events this year so a decent prize pool on either system.
It could be worked with either 1% or 1 euro per player Mick but 200 euro per event would not leave a big enough prizepool in my opinion. I know some operators already deduct up to 3% for staff wages, which i dont agree with, but 1% is reasonable to create a rankings system which will keep players interested for 12 months.
Northern Poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 13:09   #258
ACE REPORTER
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Poker View Post
It could be worked with either 1% or 1 euro per player Mick but 200 euro per event would not leave a big enough prizepool in my opinion. I know some operators already deduct up to 3% for staff wages, which i dont agree with, but 1% is reasonable to create a rankings system which will keep players interested for 12 months.


Not sure 1% would work with big buy in events like Irish Open or big Prize pools like IPO. Need a bit more feedback from promoters.
__________________
http://www.pokerinireland.net/
ACE REPORTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 13:40   #259
Megatron
Internet World Champion 2011
 
Megatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Posts: 5,711
Send a message via MSN to Megatron Send a message via Skype™ to Megatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE REPORTER View Post
Not sure 1% would work with big buy in events like Irish Open or big Prize pools like IPO. Need a bit more feedback from promoters.
Just attach it to the reg fee and it shouldn't be a problem.
__________________
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 14:02   #260
The Istanbul
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 970
Nice of Ciaran to keep such a system going: however I do not think adding more charges to tournaments (in whatever guise) is sensible. I, for one, would not wish to pay more in tournament entries just to see who is top of a league that, in truth, is only going to be seriously competed for by a handful of players who have the time, dedication and money to play most events. This will not be the case for most players.
The Istanbul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Live Tournaments and Events > Irish Poker Rankings Forum

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:04.