Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castle Rock.

SPOILER
    After a couple of great thunderbastard episodes the finale was disappointing.
    What do you reckon, 'the kid' some sort of demon or genuinely trapped in another plane?
    I'd have been all for the former but reviews I've read are suggesting that his demon face slip in the woods might have been Henry's imagination.😯

Comment

An absolute worldie just scored by Derby against United. Keeper didn't even move. Stunner

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
        An absolute worldie just scored by Derby against United. Keeper didn't even move. Stunner

Comment

That free kick is what would be known as a knuckleball in baseball. The ball is gripped between the knuckles and the idea is to release it from the hand with the minimum amount of spin possible. The lack of spin means the air around takes a fairly turbulent rather than laminar path meaning the ball can be subject to some seemingly weird effects, and can break in more than one direction in its flight.
          Knuckleball pitchers typically don't have a lot of control over where the ball goes but are relying on hitters swinging at a ball that won't be there when the bat is. In a good quality slow motion replay of that goal you can see there's virtually no spin on it.
          Basically he was really lucky there, but try telling your average studio pundit that.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            That free kick is what would be known as a knuckleball in baseball. The ball is gripped between the knuckles and the idea is to release it from the hand with the minimum amount of spin possible. The lack of spin means the air around takes a fairly turbulent rather than laminar path meaning the ball can be subject to some seemingly weird effects, and can break in more than one direction in its flight.
            Knuckleball pitchers typically don't have a lot of control over where the ball goes but are relying on hitters swinging at a ball that won't be there when the bat is. In a good quality slow motion replay of that goal you can see there's virtually no spin on it.
            Basically he was really lucky there, but try telling your average studio pundit that.
            And in a completely different sport called football it's known as a worldie

Comment

Some class pens in that shootout. Top notch stuff!

Comment

Derby deserved winners after battering United for the second half. Some penalties tbf

Comment

Good thread on boards

tl;dr
                  SPOILER
                  Guy buys a watch at a car boot sale. Ends up at the bottom of a junk box for years after. Finds it again. Rolex worth around 20-30k

Opr

Comment

And in a completely different sport called football it's known as a worldie
                    Being a Liverpool player will mean he enjoyed it a little more too.

Comment

Smashed the defending champs 41-12 tonight. sport is an incredible thing at times

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        That free kick is what would be known as a knuckleball in baseball. The ball is gripped between the knuckles and the idea is to release it from the hand with the minimum amount of spin possible. The lack of spin means the air around takes a fairly turbulent rather than laminar path meaning the ball can be subject to some seemingly weird effects
                        Not really related, but speaking of spin...I ended up watching some handball penalties the other nite on a youtube journey, and they get some fun spins on the ball. Penalties 3 and 4, and the last 2 are pretty good

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          Good thread on boards

tl;dr
                          SPOILER
                          Guy buys a watch at a car boot sale. Ends up at the bottom of a junk box for years after. Finds it again. Rolex worth around 20-30k

Opr

Is the guy that valued it, a dealer or just a random poster? Be interested to see what he gets. Although, i don't see what the dilemma is. Why would you even consider for a second keep a watch that you've had at the bottom of a box for 14 years. First pump sale!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            Being a Liverpool player will mean he enjoyed it a little more too.
                            Yeah bro told me he's on loan. Tidy player.

Comment

Yeah bro told me he's on loan. Tidy player.
                              He's been tearing it up at u23 level for a few years. Classic case of much too good for that level, not quite good enough for Liverpool first team. He'll have a decent career somewhere, but not top level I'd say.

Comment

He's been tearing it up at u23 level for a few years. Classic case of much too good for that level, not quite good enough for Liverpool first team. He'll have a decent career somewhere, but not top level I'd say.
                                So he'll be spending his career at Liverpool then

Comment

So he'll be spending his career at Liverpool then
                                  Well it looked like he has the goal celebration right anyhu

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                      Well it looked like he has the goal celebration right anyhu
                                      Missed the celebration, what did he do?

Comment

Why the fuck is Healy Rae on the Tonight show on Virgin Media?

As in presenting the show?

Comment

Missed the celebration, what did he do?
                                          might be nothing but as soon as he did it I laughed

SPOILER

as in...

SPOILER

SPOILER

Think it was started by...
                                          SPOILER

Comment

Poor oul Bill Cosby got sentenced today. Still feel too much was made of the drugging. If I was going to be Cosby raped, I think I'd prefer that I was drugged first

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                              Poor oul Bill Cosby got sentenced today. Still feel too much was made of the drugging. If I was going to be Cosby raped, I think I'd prefer that I was drugged first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljaP2etvDc4
                                              You're meant to be off the drink.

Comment

JP McManus donates $100k each to every county. The begrudgers are out en force over in the other place. I'm not suggest his tax avoidance is a non-issue. But €3.2m to the grassroots GAA is a huge gift.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/09...-county-board/

JP McManus donates $100k each to every county. The begrudgers are out en force over in the other place. I'm not suggest his tax avoidance is a non-issue. But €3.2m to the grassroots GAA is a huge gift.
                                                  Did he not give any to London and New York?

Comment

You get to have the fun with your grandkids you didn't with your kids, and you get to hand them back.
                                                    That is the bit I am looking forward to. spoiling grandkids, filling them with E numbers and sending back to the parents. Revenge is sweet!

I call it payback for having and rearing the feckers!

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    I'm sure there's always the fear that the parents will do a runner.
                                                    If they have kids anything like themselves, then I would be terrified of being left with them. Since I had my family late enough in life, I do not fancy minding kids in my retirement. Maybe selfish sounding, but I really don't get parents minding their grandkids every day and the parents working. It was hard enough rearing the first lot.

I would prefer quality time with them and not see them every flipping day! retirement will be for living on a cruise ship most of the time while Tony plays poker to keep this lifestyle going, and my retirement, I mean around 55

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Strikes me as perfectly reasonable to want to live in Switzerland. I don't really get that it's tax avoidance.
                                                        Plus, we would all do the same if we had that money. You'd want to be some thick clown to keep your residency in Ireland if lucky enough have millions.

Comment

Strikes me as perfectly reasonable to want to live in Switzerland. I don't really get that it's tax avoidance.
                                                          Tax avoidance is legal. Don't think anyone said he's breaking the law.

However he has moved to another country specifically so he doesn't have to pay taxes here. Thus elevating himself above peasants such as us.
                                                          So you'll excuse me for telling him and O'Brien to go fuck themselves when they expect public fellatio for dropping back a sliver in patronage of what they should have paid in taxes here.

This is a republic. Anyone touching their forelock obsequiously to McManus would probably have been just as content to take the scraps from their absentee landlord's table back in 1865. So, fuck him.
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Good to finally see the GAA getting some loots though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                              Plus, we would all do the same if we had that money. You'd want to be some thick clown to keep your residency in Ireland if lucky enough have millions.
                                                              Perhaps more mercenary than thick clown, it doesn't stop the likes of Ml O'Leary or Martin Naughten...

Comment

However he has moved to another country specifically so he doesn't have to pay taxes here. Thus elevating himself above peasants such as us.
                                                                So you'll excuse me for telling him and O'Brien to go fuck themselves when they expect public fellatio for dropping back a sliver in patronage of what they should have paid in taxes here.
                                                                Are you sure that in JP's case the bolded bit is true, Isn't his business based in Switzerland?

Whatever the practical details of individuals there is so much hot air about this subject, anyone with the kind of bankroll we are talking about is only paying income tax in any jurisdiction on their pocket money. Their wealth is being moved in and out of every sort of vehicle the pointy heads can dream up. Its the businesses that operate within a country that they pay tax on.

expect public fellatio for dropping back a sliver in patronage
                                                                IMO that is untrue and unfair to say of JP
                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-09-18, 09:36.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  Good to finally see the GAA getting some loots though.
                                                                  Saw one wag on Twitter complaining that it was unfair that Dublin are only getting a fraction per club that the clubs down the country are

Comment

Comment

Some folks are happy to donate back to their country when they make more than they can ever spend, wouldn't make them a thick clown.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                        Some folks are happy to donate back to their country when they make more than they can ever spend, wouldn't make them a thick clown.
                                                                        In my opinion it does

Comment

I could get behind somebody moving to avoid taxes to put the money to some good but the guys reasons seem to amount to "I want even more money", which is not surprising considering the kind of person that prioritizes acquiring the most money in the first place.

Comment

In my opinion it does
                                                                            So donating to sports, charity, makes you a hero and philanthropist.
                                                                            But donating a portion of your earnings to healthcare, the less fortunate, and society generally makes you a clown. Not sure that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong. I want to minimise my tax bill as much as the next person. But I'm not under the illusion that it's for anything other than selfish reasons.

Comment

Cometh the hour cometh the man

@coldwar_steve is the genius of our time

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                So donating to sports, charity, makes you a hero and philanthropist.
                                                                                But donating a portion of your earnings to healthcare, the less fortunate, and society generally makes you a clown. Not sure that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong. I want to minimise my tax bill as much as the next person. But I'm not under the illusion that it's for anything other than selfish reasons.
                                                                                ?????

Comment

?????
                                                                                  That's where his tax would go if he paid any
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Apparently someone got up and gave a ten minute rant about me at the executive council today. ffs. I'd politely told her to fuck off earlier in the day when she asked me to do her job for her. And then following her rant the Dean also told her to fuck off. But I was hoping to get more than two weeks into the job before making mortal enemies. Man I'm getting flashbacks to the student union days when there was an ABD* impeachment campaign run against me after messing over too many people.

* Anybody But Dowling
                                                                                    Don’t be a pussy. Fucking own it. I have to laugh at all these dilemmas about upsetting folk.

What’s the point of getting into the position to make some radical changes (and to keep your family looked after by doing it) and then having angst about upsetting the people who want to wallow in the status quo? They ain’t your friends and their opinion only matters if you let it matter.
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

This is a republic. Anyone touching their forelock obsequiously to McManus would probably have been just as content to take the scraps from their absentee landlord's table back in 1865. So, fuck him.
                                                                                      Not that I disagree with the sentiment but I would expect a swiss bank accounts/residence and other such skulduggery well within the HHE's wheelhouse
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Apparently someone got up and gave a ten minute rant about me at the executive council today. ffs. I'd politely told her to fuck off earlier in the day when she asked me to do her job for her. And then following her rant the Dean also told her to fuck off. But I was hoping to get more than two weeks into the job before making mortal enemies. Man I'm getting flashbacks to the student union days when there was an ABD* impeachment campaign run against me after messing over too many people.

* Anybody But Dowling
                                                                                        the dean backed you so it’s all good. Only problem I can see here is if your trying to decide on winning her over or fucking her over. I would fav our the latter.

Sounds like a perfect time to invite the dean out for dinner to discuss all the class plans you have and to get his sage advice on dealing with the tricky internal politics because your just a straight forward guy who wants to make productive changes in the most logical way.

Flatter him, show that your not thinking emotionally and under the bus she goes.

Stressing about it will only have you crawling to please her or getting dirty at her level. Impressing the boss however will lead to him just tutting in her direction as she walks into a room as you rise through the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                          the dean backed you so it’s all good. Only problem I can see here is if your trying to decide on winning her over or fucking her over. I would fav our the latter.

Sounds like a perfect time to invite the dean out for dinner to discuss all the class plans you have and to get his sage advice on dealing with the tricky internal politics because your just a straight forward guy who wants to make productive changes in the most logical way.

Flatter him, show that your not thinking emotionally and under the bus she goes.

Stressing about it will only have you crawling to please her or getting dirty at her level. Impressing the boss however will lead to him just tutting in her direction as she walks into a room as you rise through the ranks.
                                                                                          Inviting a French person out for dinner? Are you mad?

Hitch would be bound to commit at least ten serious gastronomic faux pas that would have him out on his ear the next day while the dean frantically repairs relations with the nice mademoiselle who knows which wine goes best with coq au vin.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            Not that I disagree with the sentiment but I would expect a swiss bank accounts/residence and other such skulduggery well within the HHE's wheelhouse
                                                                                            That's V's department.

Comment

Inviting a French person out for dinner? Are you mad?

Hitch would be bound to commit at least ten serious gastronomic faux pas that would have him out on his ear the next day while the dean frantically repairs relations with the nice mademoiselle who knows which wine goes best with coq au vin.
                                                                                              Ha ha, dinner might be a bit much alright a coffee might be a bit more sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                Ha ha, dinner might be a bit much alright a coffee might be a bit more sensible.
                                                                                                You....you....you...put ze meelk in ze coffee? Incroyable!

Vous etes terminee.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                  Castle Rock.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  After a couple of great thunderbastard episodes the finale was disappointing.
                                                                                                  What do you reckon, 'the kid' some sort of demon or genuinely trapped in another plane?
                                                                                                  I'd have been all for the former but reviews I've read are suggesting that his demon face slip in the woods might have been Henry's imagination.😯
                                                                                                  SPOILER

I dont think it's imagination.
                                                                                                  Time loops, resurrection, fate and King Mythos are the big takeaways from season 1.
                                                                                                  'The Kid''s eyes change, one brown, one blue or both the same depending on his actions throughout the show. The working theory is brown is trapped henry from dimension x and blue is demon henry (
                                                                                                  resurrection:
                                                                                                  merged baby deaver with trapped henry....maybe.
                                                                                                  There's a theory that henrys father, having went through some kind of resurrection when his mam strangled him with the coat hanger, also did something similar with the dead white baby deaver, who was resurrected and turned bad and was kept in the box....so.....
                                                                                                  Black henry slipped through the thinny and kept for 27 years under the house in dimension x
                                                                                                  White Henry finds him in alt 2018, rescues him, and accidentally goes through the portal and they both come out in the 90’s. White Henry merged with the evil resurrected baby Deaver Boy who is being held in a box outside the Desjardin house. Being 27 years old instead of 8 he easily escapes the box and is caught by the warden and locked in the cage.

See the client coming back to life, the preacher coming back to life as a baby, and potentially surviving the cliff fall onto the lake as examples of resurrection in the series.

See the 27 year old corpse of the Preacher bleeding out in the basement, which the coroner has never seen happen and says it should be impossible, for example of bodies merging between timelines. The Preacher has just killed himself in alt 2018 meaning his body would still be fresh enough to bleed out when it merged into our 2018.

)
                                                                                                  Working on that premise makes things a little easier.
                                                                                                  Loops
                                                                                                  The "first time you said that" look kinda reminds me of Roland the gunslingers interactions with the Horn in the Dark Tower (I kept this vague to not spoil it, it'll make sense if you have)
                                                                                                  You see in the end Ruth in a the grave beside alan but is that her end or will there be another loop where now with the info she has she might make different choices and not kill Alan? Was the throwaway about the AR game just that? or something different. Is she a Timewalker who should be killing ghosts.

Fate:
                                                                                                  There's a lot of predestination stuff in the show, fated to repeat the past, and a lot of nods and winks to Kings other works.
                                                                                                  Jackie is Jack Torrence who is now off to the overlook to finish her book.
                                                                                                  We saw a lot of the shining from Rose
                                                                                                  Whats up with the children of the corn kids? WTF was all of that?
                                                                                                  Shawshank is closed now, but what happens with a building like that, it's unlikely it'll stay that way.
                                                                                                  There are numerous Dark Tower references, the whole thing is basically a homage to it.
                                                                                                  Here's the thing though. What evidence do we have that The Kid is good? That episode?
                                                                                                  I like the idea of being fucked with for an entire episode. One single episode out of 10 made me doubt his evilness. I fucking love it. One episode made me question Ruth’s illness. Out of 10 episodes, it took only one episode to make us question what we’ve been shown the whole time. So much doubt.

I think it’s genius. The kid is evil, everyone says so. We’ve seen so many instances of him messing with the world around him. Zalewski, Ruth, and the prisoners? Ruth especially seemed deliberate. He riled her up to kill Pangborn as an ultimate “fuck you! Your true love just killed you.” I think he's is evil. But we were given enough “evidence” as the audience (jury) to question that idea. Just like Henry's closing argument in the finale.

The kid's evil and trying to open the thinny (schizm) to allow I dunno, a greater evil, lets say the Crimson King (yo King fans!), he says, you know how this'll end to Henry at the end. He's smiling as he knows he'll get it done eventually or Henry will kill himself and he'll get the son

I spent a lot more time on this that I originally planned
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Strip the personalities out of it. Is this really your view? Or did Zod steal control of your account?
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Strip the personalities out of it. Is this really your view? Or did Zod steal control of your account?
                                                                                                      that's what confused me

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Libertie, fraternitie, egalitie....as I think Hitch may once have said.

Relocating offshore to stiff Ireland of your tax revenue but still wanting your cock sucked for 'good works'? That's not egalitie so it damn sure is my view.

Comment

Libertie, fraternitie, egalitie....as I think Hitch may once have said.

Relocating offshore to stiff Ireland of your tax revenue but still wanting your cock sucked for 'good works'? That's not egalitie so it damn sure is my view.
                                                                                                          I question any man who doesn't want a bj.( not from me now..im offering nothing)

Comment

Strong enough opinion for a man who tries his best to escape paying Tax on his vin!
                                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              SPOILER

I dont think it's imagination.
                                                                                                              Time loops, resurrection, fate and King Mythos are the big takeaways from season 1.
                                                                                                              'The Kid''s eyes change, one brown, one blue or both the same depending on his actions throughout the show. The working theory is brown is trapped henry from dimension x and blue is demon henry (
                                                                                                              resurrection:
                                                                                                              merged baby deaver with trapped henry....maybe.
                                                                                                              There's a theory that henrys father, having went through some kind of resurrection when his mam strangled him with the coat hanger, also did something similar with the dead white baby deaver, who was resurrected and turned bad and was kept in the box....so.....
                                                                                                              Black henry slipped through the thinny and kept for 27 years under the house in dimension x
                                                                                                              White Henry finds him in alt 2018, rescues him, and accidentally goes through the portal and they both come out in the 90’s. White Henry merged with the evil resurrected baby Deaver Boy who is being held in a box outside the Desjardin house. Being 27 years old instead of 8 he easily escapes the box and is caught by the warden and locked in the cage.

See the client coming back to life, the preacher coming back to life as a baby, and potentially surviving the cliff fall onto the lake as examples of resurrection in the series.

See the 27 year old corpse of the Preacher bleeding out in the basement, which the coroner has never seen happen and says it should be impossible, for example of bodies merging between timelines. The Preacher has just killed himself in alt 2018 meaning his body would still be fresh enough to bleed out when it merged into our 2018.

)
                                                                                                              Working on that premise makes things a little easier.
                                                                                                              Loops
                                                                                                              The "first time you said that" look kinda reminds me of Roland the gunslingers interactions with the Horn in the Dark Tower (I kept this vague to not spoil it, it'll make sense if you have)
                                                                                                              You see in the end Ruth in a the grave beside alan but is that her end or will there be another loop where now with the info she has she might make different choices and not kill Alan? Was the throwaway about the AR game just that? or something different. Is she a Timewalker who should be killing ghosts.

Fate:
                                                                                                              There's a lot of predestination stuff in the show, fated to repeat the past, and a lot of nods and winks to Kings other works.
                                                                                                              Jackie is Jack Torrence who is now off to the overlook to finish her book.
                                                                                                              We saw a lot of the shining from Rose
                                                                                                              Whats up with the children of the corn kids? WTF was all of that?
                                                                                                              Shawshank is closed now, but what happens with a building like that, it's unlikely it'll stay that way.
                                                                                                              There are numerous Dark Tower references, the whole thing is basically a homage to it.
                                                                                                              Here's the thing though. What evidence do we have that The Kid is good? That episode?
                                                                                                              I like the idea of being fucked with for an entire episode. One single episode out of 10 made me doubt his evilness. I fucking love it. One episode made me question Ruth’s illness. Out of 10 episodes, it took only one episode to make us question what we’ve been shown the whole time. So much doubt.

I think it’s genius. The kid is evil, everyone says so. We’ve seen so many instances of him messing with the world around him. Zalewski, Ruth, and the prisoners? Ruth especially seemed deliberate. He riled her up to kill Pangborn as an ultimate “fuck you! Your true love just killed you.” I think he's is evil. But we were given enough “evidence” as the audience (jury) to question that idea. Just like Henry's closing argument in the finale.

The kid's evil and trying to open the thinny (schizm) to allow I dunno, a greater evil, lets say the Crimson King (yo King fans!), he says, you know how this'll end to Henry at the end. He's smiling as he knows he'll get it done eventually or Henry will kill himself and he'll get the son

I spent a lot more time on this that I originally planned
                                                                                                              That's class, thanks!

SPOILER
                                                                                                              It's been so long since I read some of those books that alot of the references flew over my head

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                Strong enough opinion for a man who tries his best to escape paying Tax on his vin!
                                                                                                                Out of my after-tax income....

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                  That's class, thanks!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  It's been so long since I read some of those books that alot of the references flew over my head
                                                                                                                  The whole thing is littered with references, so much so I wonder if they might have shot their load a little for S2.

Oh, this is important. S2 wont continue on the same story. I think each season is it's own standalone, like fargo

Comment

Out of my after-tax income....
                                                                                                                    You allow yourself to pick and choose (to some degree) what tax you pay? JP doesnt get the same allowance?

You should give that money you save on the vin to the local hockey club.

All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      You allow yourself to pick and choose (to some degree) what tax you pay? JP doesnt get the same allowance?

You should give that money you save on the vin to the local hockey club.

False equivalence to the max there dude

Comment

False equivalence to the max there dude
                                                                                                                        How?

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X