1/2 5 no limit live Spot 500 bigs deep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 5 no limit live Spot 500 bigs deep.

Okay this hand happened a while ago but never posted it.Opinions please.

Okay so Playing 1/2 5 no limit.
    7 handed
    Utg (400) limps for 5
    Cutoff calls (950)
    I(1000) make it 25 on button with AK Clubs

Both call.
    Flop 8,10,J with 10,j of clubs giving me royaler draw.
    Both players check and I bet 50.
    UTG folds and Cutoff re pops to 200.

So firstly should I always bet the flop. I presume yes but just making sure.
    Now He makes it 200 Should I raise or call.

Cut off is Danish player.Only played 2 orbids but introuduced himself as Ceo of Danish on line poker site. Hasnt done anything wild so far.

By the way I say 500 bigs deep cause i was the only one straddling but I am aware this pot wasnt 500 deep.
    Last edited by Hatedajacks; 04-03-12, 12:17.

Its a weird enough one as if you call there's 475 in the pot with 725 behind so very little room for maneuvering and awkward stacks on the turn. You have 43% against just the sets and made straights so the best bet might be to stick it in and hope he finds a hero fold with some made hand, though that's unlikely, but him folding any hand with equity is a good result here as most of his range has a lot! You've enough of an overlay either way to get all the money in, so it might as well be with some fold equity added in.

As for the flop, it's a very connected board, but seems unlikely to be in the playing range for a limper and and over-limper, so it's probably a bet, and a recommendation for checking would probably be results based.

Comment

I don't might a check back on this board v 2 opponents. There's a ton of cards that improve our hands while hopefully improving our opponents aswel. An offsuit Q could be a bingo card. It's not a nice spot if we get c/r, as we did. I might make it 450 and call a shove and ask him to run it twice. Chop it up and everyone is happy!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks we should be getting it all in here. With the roughly 40 percent chance of winning the pot plus the small bit of fold equity I ship here everytime
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Am I the only one who thinks we should be getting it all in here.
          Eh no, we all said that!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Eh no, we all said that!
            My bad I'm tired and scanned the other posts rather than read them! I should be forgiven for rising at half five on Sunday morning
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks we should be getting it all in here. With the roughly 40 percent chance of winning the pot plus the small bit of fold equity I ship here everytime
              What hands do you put him on to give us 40% equity? Worst case scenario we're 34% against exactly a set or Qc9c, and 43% against exactly a straight.

I agree with GAB that he should never have a set here considering the preflop action, and it's also very hard for him to be raising a FD because we have the AcKc and if he had the Qc what else does he have with it. If we give him a range of made straights, 2 pairs, 1 pair + 9x and maybe KQ, then we're 65%. If we take out J8/98 we're still over 50%

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

239,722,560 games 0.044 secs 5,448,240,000 games/sec

Board:
              Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
              Hand 0: 65.991% 65.73% 00.26% 157574434 620382.00 { AcKc }
              Hand 1: 34.009% 33.75% 00.26% 80907362 620382.00 { KQs, Q9s, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, KQo, Q9o, J8o+, T8o+, 97o+ }

---

Comment

Raising KQ here would be absolutely awful. Same for the pair and SD hands, though not as bad with them.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Raising KQ here would be absolutely awful. Same for the pair and SD hands, though not as bad with them.
                  Yep i agree but there's always 1 bluff in his range, so he's equity with this one! It's a good board to semibluff with so don't think it's that bad raising with a drawing hand. I still want to get it in here

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    What hands do you put him on to give us 40% equity? Worst case scenario we're 34% against exactly a set or Qc9c, and 43% against exactly a straight.

I agree with GAB that he should never have a set here considering the preflop action, and it's also very hard for him to be raising a FD because we have the AcKc and if he had the Qc what else does he have with it. If we give him a range of made straights, 2 pairs, 1 pair + 9x and maybe KQ, then we're 65%. If we take out J8/98 we're still over 50%

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

239,722,560 games 0.044 secs 5,448,240,000 games/sec

Board:
                    Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
                    Hand 0: 65.991% 65.73% 00.26% 157574434 620382.00 { AcKc }
                    Hand 1: 34.009% 33.75% 00.26% 80907362 620382.00 { KQs, Q9s, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, KQo, Q9o, J8o+, T8o+, 97o+ }

---
                    Was just quick maths in my head. Nice to see it done out properly herr
                    airport, lol

Comment

Don't bet the flop if you want to reduce your variance. It might cost you a bit in expectation, but if your bankroll isn't big enough to withstand 2k swings it might be the sensible option.

As played you have no choice but to go all in for all the reasons people have already stated. Deeper and you could call.

As for the cutoff, I don't think you can rule out 88 at all, TT and JJ can be discounted slightly, but are still possible. I actually think him raising KQ is beautiful. He can continue his bluff on a board pairing card, (slightly risky, but you can bet small to rep a house), a club (of course this would actually be a disaster, but without knowing his opponents cards it's a good option) and a 7 makes it almost impossible for the button to call. Also, check calling a large bet with KQ here against a good player is burning money (not quite, but it's not going to be hugely profitable). You don't have any implied odds since 4 of your outs put a four card straight on the board, and a ace may kill the action.

Comment

I don't see too much wrong with check calling/raising the flop, fair enough if you have the BR to handle this. Always a set for me especially live
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                          I don't see too much wrong with check calling/raising the flop, fair enough if you have the BR to handle this. Always a set for me especially live
                          We can't check raise, we're the button.

Also, do you not think a straight is more likely than the set, given the combinatorics and limp pre?

Comment

What's the chances of villian folding two-pair here? Or J9 for that matter?
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              What's the chances of villian folding two-pair here? Or J9 for that matter?
                              Well I did shove and He tank called with 10,8 and held. I guess the shove was right in the fact that he seemed very close to folding.

Comment

Ughhhhh. Wonder what he thought you had tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                  I think Sam to be fair to him he didnt know me from Adam so I guess he just hopes I am a donk who is getting that much in with overpair.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                    I really don't think he gave much thought to anything other than "I can't fold 2 pair"

Comment

Standard live hand really. If you shove sets here his call is incredibly bad, if you click them back/slow play or something similar then it's actually not that bad. It's a shame that you will have to play live for about 100 hours to regain the expectation you lost in this hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        Standard live hand really. If you shove sets here his call is incredibly bad, if you click them back/slow play or something similar then it's actually not that bad. It's a shame that you will have to play live for about 100 hours to regain the expectation you lost in this hand.
                                        Yeah this is definitely a sopt where you want to run it more than once where possible.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                        X