Strange Line with KK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Line with KK

There's a very aggro regular playing the same games as me. He's about ten times more aggressive than I am, I'm sure in lots of spots that are -EV, but I've never seen him do anything that bad. From watching him he seems to treat all decent draws as the nuts in HU pots (not a particularly bad policy). He makes pretty loose calls pre, and 3bets a lot.

Anyway, he's basically the only reg on the site that I don't want to play against. He puts a lot of pressure on people post flop, and will call down pretty light in good spots. I've been avoiding him where I can, as he annoys me and makes me play tightier than I like to.

He has won more than his far share of pots against me, the only really big one he called my raise from the BB with 23s, and I got QQ all in against him on a T23 board. He held.
    Ironically I sit down at a good table and he is directly to my right.

Recent history is I raise xx and cbet a flop, he folds.
    I raise KQ a few hands later, he 3bets and I fold.
    2 or 3 orbits later I raise KK from utg + 1 and he calls next. The BB calls. BB is some random fish.

The flop is T45, two diamonds. I have no diamond. Fish checks, I check, Villain bets about $3. Fish calls $3. I make it $21, with about $25 behind. I will fold if he goes all in.

How's my line?

Just kidding I'm calling obviously!

Snap call and dance, if he has his set gg ul.
    airport, lol

Comment

I think I hate it. You seem to have found a way to get him to fold his draws and overrep an OP. He could level himself into thinking you might have a draw but most of his hands won't have good equity to get it in. Yeah I hate it.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
        Snap call and dance, if he has his set gg ul.
        Sorry, i'm not asking whether to call or not, I've already made that decision once I commit myself!

Comment

Why did you make the sizing so big? He'll probably shove all draws anyway, but he won't shove bluffs now because you've made the raise size so big he should think you are never bluffing and thus never folding.
          Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Surely $15/call would be better sizing to get him to shove wider

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              Ironically I sit down at a good table and he is directly to my right.

2 or 3 orbits later I raise KK from utg + 1 and he calls next. The BB calls. BB is some random fish.
              Is that supposed to read he is directly to your left?

Comment

Is this one of those reverso hands where he actually had the KK and you called expecting to see a flushdraw? Hence the confusion about who was which side of who? If so wp him.If not raise smaller he's more likely to shove his draws. You already said you have been forced to play tight against him, this committing raise size from a perceived tight player is going to look super strong to him.
                Last edited by BigDeal; 15-03-12, 12:21.

Comment

Originally posted by bogmonster1 View Post
                  You could be right about the reverso, but surely no matter how good a table is, it would negate that by having the the one super aggressive villain you're weary of on your left?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    You could be right about the reverso, but surely no matter how good a table is, it would negate that by having the the one super aggressive villain you're weary of on your left?
                    Nah. If you have the jesus seat on a fish, then you'll still get to play a good amount of hu pots with that fish, despite mr lagtard on your left. With a few fish at the table then it doesn't matter who's on your left.

I doubt this is a reverso fwiw. Flop xr is smart with aggro guy last to act and fish in the middle, but your sizing is too big. Not only is it too big vs the reg like others have been saying, but also vs the fish. You wanna keep in his 76/Tx hands which could easily fold vs this sizing.

Comment

Sizing makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by bogmonster1 View Post
                        Yeah sorry, he had position on me.

Comment

Yeah, I like the plan for the reasons bozzer outlined, but the application is a little off (as in the sizing). I got it in vs the nfd and held. I wonder what he does with pairs and weaker draws, would he still shove small flush draws with almost no FE? When I made it so big I was thinking I repped a draw more than a weird overpair.

I find it quite hard to post reverso hands because there is always some crucial point in the hand where the opponent does something I would never do. I've actually seen a few interesting decisions recently, but they all came about because a guy limp called a big raise with 53s or something similar.

Comment

Working...
                          X